PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy Aches and Pains

Jojo
05-09-2005, 11:54
Has anyone got any advice for me?? I'm not sleeping well at night at the moment because as soon as I lie on my side my hips ache (and my bump support pillow isn't helping) and if I lie on my back, you guessed it, my back aches. When I get up, my hips are really hurting and I am finding getting going in the morning is quite difficult and then my bump will start hurting as I am already getting lots of braxton hicks!!

Is/Has anyone else suffered like this and has any advice ?? I've got another 3 months to go and not quite sure how i will cope when I get even bigger than I already am!!

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 11:59
what type of bump suport pillow are you using?

Jojo
05-09-2005, 12:23
I've got a triangular one which slots nicely under my huge bump (you won't be able to see my pic, till you've got 1000 posts but people think I am about 7 1/2 - 8months or carrying twins!!) and an orthopaedic style one which I also use (V pillow)

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 12:34
you can get a long one filled with liny beans (like a bean bag) which you can tuck below your bump and put between your legs which takes the preasure off your hips - would send you the link but don't know if I am allowed to post it......I found that to be fantastic - I found the wedge one useless#

other than that stick a pillow between your knees and one between your thighs

Jojo
05-09-2005, 12:37
I'll try that, thanks - though the hip that hurts tends to be the one that I am lying on, do you think it will help that??

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 12:53
yes as the pillows take the weight and pressure off the other leg, so it should do a bit the pillows also straighten out the pelvis so helps that way too

the beanbag pillow is really the best as you can get some of it below your hip too and cushion it

there is another idea - put a spare duvet below your sheet so that your matress is a bit softer and more comfy on your hip

Jojo
05-09-2005, 13:02
:hmm: I'll give it a go....it doesn't help that Im so hot in the night at the mo still though. I was 8 1/2 months gone before I started feeling like this with Ci so its a bit disconcerting knowing this will carry on now, till Christmas (ish)

Are they expensive do you know??

chance
05-09-2005, 13:10
i stick a pillow under my bump and another one between my legs,it helps all my aches at night and really supports my belly

chance
05-09-2005, 13:11
anyone had the aching pelvis before? mine really hurts when i walk etc,thinking about getting a support belt.anyone else suffered or a sufferer?

Jojo
05-09-2005, 13:15
I'm suffering - have found some support belts online but they're around £10-£15. Walking round with my hands under bump instead to try and hold it up!!!

chance
05-09-2005, 13:17
I'm suffering - have found some support belts online but they're around £10-£15. Walking round with my hands under bump instead to try and hold it up!!!

:rotfl: bet thats a sight as your walking to the shops! :rotfl:

Jojo
05-09-2005, 13:21
Can you picture it!!?? All whilst trying to hold Ci's hand at the same time - I think I am really going to have to get a belt. The midwives suggested cycling shorts, but I think its a bit hot, and no way are they going to fit!!

chance
05-09-2005, 13:27
ooo god those sexy lycra numbers? :rotfl:
ask your midwife if shed wear em? i hope she meant you wear something over the top of them? they are most unfashionable! lol

Jojo
05-09-2005, 13:46
ooo god those sexy lycra numbers? :rotfl:
ask your midwife if shed wear em? i hope she meant you wear something over the top of them? they are most unfashionable! lol:rotfl: I think she meant to put something on over the top - with the size of my backside at the mo, I certainly wouldn't be seen out without something on over the top!! :rotfl: I can't really see them providing much support though to be honest - I think I will get a belt in the end, but don't really want to spend that much money on it!!

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 13:57
speak to your midwifes and ask for physio - they will give you belts

I got one last time along with a tubigrip - yes i wore a tubigrip boob tube so comfy!!!

I am happy to send you mine jojo - if i can find it if you cant get one from the physio

Jojo
05-09-2005, 14:05
aww thanks - I'll have a word with my midwife next visit (in about 2 weeks I think). It doesn't help that my rectus (stomach) muscles are really badly split aswell, so I have no support there at all.

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 14:07
Em email me ill send you mine

Jojo
05-09-2005, 14:10
Are you sure, cause we are opposite ends of the country!! Double check costs first, so we can sort that side out.... :bow:

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 14:12
Are you sure, cause we are opposite ends of the country!! Double check costs first, so we can sort that side out.... :bow:

it is a stap of elastic - wont be expensive - I am doubly sure :) I am happy to pay the postage dont worry about it

Jojo
05-09-2005, 14:16
:bow: thank you sooo much :bow:

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 15:07
I just need to find the stupid thing!!