PDA

View Full Version : root canal

chance
04-09-2005, 13:38
anyone else had this done before? i had it done on tuesday and last night i was in agony,was up all night in pain,it has subsided now and the dentist has said to wait another 24 hours and see how it is,obviously doesnt want to come out on a sunday,its alright for her,i got 2 kids to run after,no sleep and pregnant!

Jade
04-09-2005, 13:40
ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow. I hate dentists i'm supposed to have one done, but I refuse

Luna
04-09-2005, 14:00
Yup me too Jade i was told either have root treatment or lose the tooth i choose neither.
My dentist told me id regret it and will be in agony until i get either of them done that was over a year ago and i've still had no problems

Jade
04-09-2005, 14:07
thats what mine said

chance
04-09-2005, 16:57
ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow. I hate dentists i'm supposed to have one done, but I refuse
thats what i did,waited for ages to have it done and now cus i left it so long i think it may be why its hurting cus it got infected,just means im prob goin to have it out now :( .i know its horrible and hurts.... a bit but trust me its worth getting it done or just having it out.

chance
04-09-2005, 16:58
thats what mine said
although saying that i wish id of left it now...im in more pain now then before.

chance
04-09-2005, 22:12
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
its hurting!

RealityGap
04-09-2005, 22:22
Chance I know you are pregnant so might not want to try this but if you have a mouthful of whisky keep it in your mouth as long as you can (it starts to feel like it is burning) and then spit it out it numbs sore teeth

RealityGap
04-09-2005, 22:23
or salt water helps too

Debs
04-09-2005, 22:40
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
its hurting!

awwwwww chancey!!

this may sound really stupid!!!!! and it may not work for you but when ever i have tooth ache or tooth problms i have a milky cofee. hot milk and coffee and it kinda numbs my gums and tooth??? maybe try it it may work.

i like the whiskey one though will try that next time my wisdom teeth play up.

clove oil is goos as well if you can standd the taste.

RealityGap
04-09-2005, 22:42
Debs the whisky works fantastically well!! you have to keep it in as long as you possibly can though it does burn like nothing on earth - I hate whisky but do this when ever I have tooth ache as it works so well

Debs
04-09-2005, 23:01
Debs the whisky works fantastically well!! you have to keep it in as long as you possibly can though it does burn like nothing on earth - I hate whisky but do this when ever I have tooth ache as it works so well

the pain i go through with my wisdoms sometimes is unbearable so a bit of burning wont matter!! actually dave having trouble with his at the mo ill tell him.

RealityGap
04-09-2005, 23:13
it was my wisdom teeth that were causing me problems too - it really helped me - I founf a nice double malt worked wonders!! (you can swallow the whisky if you like btw)

chance
05-09-2005, 10:44
was up all night again in agony,you know i said yesterday that the dentist said to leave it 24 hours and see how id get on well i did,so i phone her up this morning to make an app cus im not going through another night like those again,and she said oh i cant fit you in until wednesday!!!
im like thanks a bloddy lot,so now booked in to another dentist and gotta be there for 11.15.hopefully it will be sorted out so i can get some sleep!

Jojo
05-09-2005, 10:48
I hope they sort it chance - surely they could have put you in as an emergency especially with you being pregnant and everything - its bad enough trying to sleep anyway, without the pain you must be in - when I get abcesses on my wisdom teeth, they're bad enough so I dread to think what you are going through...

Debs
05-09-2005, 10:49
was up all night again in agony,you know i said yesterday that the dentist said to leave it 24 hours and see how id get on well i did,so i phone her up this morning to make an app cus im not going through another night like those again,and she said oh i cant fit you in until wednesday!!!
im like thanks a bloddy lot,so now booked in to another dentist and gotta be there for 11.15.hopefully it will be sorted out so i can get some sleep!

blooming dentists!!

hope you get it sorted today.

chance
05-09-2005, 10:52
I hope they sort it chance - surely they could have put you in as an emergency especially with you being pregnant and everything - its bad enough trying to sleep anyway, without the pain you must be in - when I get abcesses on my wisdom teeth, they're bad enough so I dread to think what you are going through...
they reckon they are going to undress it clean it and then redress but what if it doesnt sort it? would it be better to just have it removed? yeah you would have thouight shed have put me in as a emergency,i wasnt too pleased,think i may stick with this new dentist now.

Luna
05-09-2005, 10:53
they reckon they are going to undress it clean it and then redress but what if it doesnt sort it? would it be better to just have it removed? yeah you would have thouight shed have put me in as a emergency,i wasnt too pleased,think i may stick with this new dentist now.
Re dressing doesnt always work i would advice just to get it taken out

chance
05-09-2005, 10:58
thats what im thinking just so i dont have tovkeep goin back but its next to one that ive already had out so il have a big gap! :( althuogh you cant see it as its towards the back anyway.its all because i left it and left it so the tooth that was bad infescted the other one.thatl teach me

Meh
05-09-2005, 11:02
Tooth pain is just too nasty. They should have cleaned out the infection and given you antibiotics and pain killers to help with the infection. Once the onfection has gone, they can repair the tooth.

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 11:19
thats what im thinking just so i dont have tovkeep goin back but its next to one that ive already had out so il have a big gap! :( althuogh you cant see it as its towards the back anyway.its all because i left it and left it so the tooth that was bad infescted the other one.thatl teach me

I would try anti biotics like NB suggested - they can work wonders. You can take some when you are pg - your dentist might not be happy to but see your gp and they will give you some

chance
05-09-2005, 13:16
ive been! they took a xray after a hours wait and there is still part of the nerve right down the bottom which is prob whats causing the pain,she was reluctant to remove the tooth as it would leave me with a fairly big gap as its next to one which ive had out before even though you wouldnt be able to seeit as its near the back,plus shes not my dentist and she didnt have enough time.anyway.... shes given me anti biotics and she says that she thinks it will be ok after they have kicked in so fingers crossed.what i want to know is can you take anti biotics and paracetamol when pregnant? i asked in the chemist and they said dont buy anything off the chemist shelves go and get them off your doctor!! so ive phoned the doctor to ask and im waiting for there call back.

Jojo
05-09-2005, 13:18
I know you can take paracetamol when pregnant (in moderation) but your doc would definitely have to advise you on the antibiotics

chance
05-09-2005, 13:21
just got to wait for there call back which knowing these people will be right at the end of the day or even not all all and il have to call them back.its at night it really hurts though.anyone know why that is? why does it start to hurt more at about 6pm then absolute agony from 9pm- 5am then fade?

Jojo
05-09-2005, 13:29
I would keep on at them - you need pain relief, you have a prescription, but you need to know its safe - its not a hard question for them to answer for you...

Pain always seems that way - maybe its because we start to relax a bit in the evening and cause we aren't so busy, it feels worse :searchme:

chance
05-09-2005, 13:34
i know but you know what thses places are like..

Jojo
05-09-2005, 13:35
Tell me about it - hi brick wall, how are you today :wall:

chance
05-09-2005, 13:40
yep! they all must be the same,dentists doctors hospitals... you have to be dying for them to give you a answer straight away and even then they are hard pushed...

Jade
05-09-2005, 13:41
Gargling with soulble asprin can help (addin extra - soluble are the best), not sure if you can take them whilst pregnant but it should say on the pack.

If you have dental antibiotics they tend to be really strong and completely wipe you out

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 14:03
the anti-biotics will help - if you cant take the ones the dentist has given you get your gp to prescribe some

yes paracetomol is fine you can also take codine so co-dydromol is fine too

Tori
05-09-2005, 15:37
try NHS Direct- they should be able to answer your question

chance
05-09-2005, 19:27
doctors phoned back this arvo and said its ok to take paracetamol with anti bi's but then sent out other half to get me some and he brought back extra strong ones so im only taking one instead of two,this baby will come out addicted to paracetamol at this rate,lol.the tooth is niggling at the moment but alot better at this time of night then it has been the last couple of nights,i spose it takes a while for the anti bi's to work,about a day isnt it? well hopefully il be able to get a full nights sleep tonight.

Jojo
05-09-2005, 19:29
I'm glad they finally got back to you chance - hopefully the tabs will kick in sooner rather than later...fingers crossed for a good nights sleep for you...

chance
06-09-2005, 09:28
finally the pain has gone! il just keep taking the anti bi's now.woke up about 3am and it was hurting but i was so tired went straight back off.

RealityGap
06-09-2005, 09:34
finally the pain has gone! il just keep taking the anti bi's now.woke up about 3am and it was hurting but i was so tired went straight back off.

glad that the pain has gone :) the anti-b's normally only take a day or so to kick in :)

Hoping you stay pain free :)

Jojo
06-09-2005, 09:37
finally the pain has gone! il just keep taking the anti bi's now.woke up about 3am and it was hurting but i was so tired went straight back off.Thats great chance - hopefully it'll just get better from now on. It sounds like the tabs have kicked in for you....

Meh
06-09-2005, 10:56
Remember to complete the course. A few people stop taking the antibiotics and then wonder why the infection has come back.

RealityGap
06-09-2005, 11:11
Remember to complete the course. A few people stop taking the antibiotics and then wonder why the infection has come back.

You are a wise wise man Norman Bates - good advice

chance
06-09-2005, 11:31
yeah i know,i have been guilty of that before but im going to make sure i take every single one so i dont have to go back to the dentist any time soon

RealityGap
06-09-2005, 11:46
yeah i know,i have been guilty of that before but im going to make sure i take every single one so i dont have to go back to the dentist any time soon

Like the new ticker and avatar Chance

chance
06-09-2005, 12:00
Like the new ticker and avatar Chance

chance
19-09-2005, 22:41
so much for the anti biotics,starting hurting again,my mouth tonight has gone all numb and tingly! hurts when you press by my chin! dentist gain tomorrow i think!

Jade
19-09-2005, 22:43
Thats really bad news! teeth are horrible!

chance
20-09-2005, 14:25
my dentist was too busy again! cant see me til thurs so went to the other one in my village and they said they couldnt see me either so tried several others,eventually got one and waited for ages for her to say she couldnt do anything as she hadnt seen the x ryas etc from last time so she might go doing something wrong etc.no where seems to wanna bother themselves doing emerganecy appointments so have had to just book myself in a t my norm dentist for thursday.whooppeee bilmmin do! :thumbsdow

Debs
21-09-2005, 16:53
Dentists are awful at the mo, it took me 2 years to get one and they all refused to take connor becuase we werent patients already!! finally got one and have to have my wisdoms out coz they kill at times and a few fillings. had 2 the other day but she didnt have toime to do other one so has booked me another appointment to do it( and it only tiny!!!) but the appointment isnt until 5th decemeber! and my wisdoms i have to wait as she cant take them out for me so i have to wait a year for the hospital to do it!

they dont seem to care wbout you when you in oain though that what really annoys me!!

Luna
21-09-2005, 16:55
Dentists are awful at the mo, it took me 2 years to get one and they all refused to take connor becuase we werent patients already!! finally got one and have to have my wisdoms out coz they kill at times and a few fillings. had 2 the other day but she didnt have toime to do other one so has booked me another appointment to do it( and it only tiny!!!) but the appointment isnt until 5th decemeber! and my wisdoms i have to wait as she cant take them out for me so i have to wait a year for the hospital to do it!

they dont seem to care wbout you when you in oain though that what really annoys me!!

I know this sounds stupid - but do you have a student dental hospital anywhere next you - they can fit you in within a couple of months or you could get a cancellation. Trust me they are just as good as a qualified dentist and are supervised at all times

Debs
21-09-2005, 16:58
I know this sounds stupid - but do you have a student dental hospital anywhere next you - they can fit you in within a couple of months or you could get a cancellation. Trust me they are just as good as a qualified dentist and are supervised at all times

really not sure will have to check it out

i have my dentist but the waitoing lists to have things done are ridiculous! and god help me if my wisdoms play up! what i dont understand is why cant my qualified dentist take out my wisdoms???

Luna
21-09-2005, 17:01
because some wisdom teeth can grow at a funny angel and it is much safer to get it done at a dental hospital - you will probably have to be put under to get them out if they are really out of place - only dental hospitals can do this now as it is illegal for dentists to use gas or any other kind of general anet.

chance
21-09-2005, 17:58
in absolute agony and was all night too! its ridiculous,i just want the bloddy thing out now.i am so mad i could hit someone,why dont they try being in agony with a swollen and numb mouth with two kids to run after and 8 months pregnant and see how they like it!

Luna
21-09-2005, 18:02
i would go to the dentist and sit there until they took me - whens your next appointment chance?

chance
21-09-2005, 18:09
tomorrow at 12 but im dreading tonight,its really hurting already and just gets worse during the night,feel like having a good cry! :crying:

Luna
21-09-2005, 18:14
well dont take any rubbish from them tomorrow - no return appointments to get the tooth out - no root canal treatment cause that doesn't always work - refuse to leave the chair until it's out - cry,plead and stamp your foot - they will do it in the end just to get rid of you.

Heres a link for you - print it out and take it along with you should sort them out

http://www.atlantadentist.com/toothache_during_pregnancy.html

chance
21-09-2005, 22:45
dont worry im not going to go anywhere until its out,i am in total agony tonight! must have a infection of some kind as my chin and lip etc area ll numb and tingly.its really hurting,was goin to go to bed but just know il be awake for ages in pain so no point,trying to keep my mind off it.

chance
21-09-2005, 22:48
well dont take any rubbish from them tomorrow - no return appointments to get the tooth out - no root canal treatment cause that doesn't always work - refuse to leave the chair until it's out - cry,plead and stamp your foot - they will do it in the end just to get rid of you.

Heres a link for you - print it out and take it along with you should sort them out

http://www.atlantadentist.com/toothache_during_pregnancy.html
just read that link,god i wish my dentist had that much consideration,thy dont seem to give a **** pregnant or not!

Debs
22-09-2005, 00:38
because some wisdom teeth can grow at a funny angel and it is much safer to get it done at a dental hospital - you will probably have to be put under to get them out if they are really out of place - only dental hospitals can do this now as it is illegal for dentists to use gas or any other kind of general anet.

i was offered sedation or general and i said general definately no way you pulling 4 teeth out with me awake!

Debs
22-09-2005, 00:40
in absolute agony and was all night too! its ridiculous,i just want the bloddy thing out now.i am so mad i could hit someone,why dont they try being in agony with a swollen and numb mouth with two kids to run after and 8 months pregnant and see how they like it!

I had constant toothache from 3 months till i went into hospital as soon as i had given birth the pain stopped! still dont know why that was!! it not nice at all !

i just crawl into bed and cry when my wisdoms are playing up. big wuss that i am!!!

Debs
22-09-2005, 12:40
was it today you had dentist chance??

chance
22-09-2005, 18:10
yeah,she didnt want to remove it as im pregnant and because im so young.she xrayed it and you could see where some of the nerve has been left,all the swelling etc is where a absyss has been brewing,she undid the work and filled with medicine etc,blimmin killed,she reckons it may take a day or two for it to stop hurting.still hurting now and im so happy! NOT! :angry:

Debs
22-09-2005, 18:13
yeah,she didnt want to remove it as im pregnant and because im so young.she xrayed it and you could see where some of the nerve has been left,all the swelling etc is where a absyss has been brewing,she undid the work and filled with medicine etc,blimmin killed,she reckons it may take a day or two for it to stop hurting.still hurting now and im so happy! NOT! :angry:

awww no!! that not nice for you at all. id be fuming with the original dentist fro keeping it in there and making you have to go throughball that pain in the first place!!:angry:

chance
22-09-2005, 18:54
im hoping shes right and the pain will stop as its got me really down as well as all the other stuff going on..