PDA

View Full Version : so is any one else out there thinking about another baby?

RealityGap
02-09-2005, 22:06
if so what number of baby would this be for you, and how old are your other children if you have any?

RealityGap
02-09-2005, 22:08
guess I will go first

yes we are hoping to get pregnant soon (have fertility problems so might be a while)

Have 2 other children - Christopher who is 2 1/2 and Sarah who is 13 months

Jojo
02-09-2005, 22:38
As you probably have seen - I'm due on 12th Dec, this will be baby no 3. We have no idea what the sex it and we have 2 other children Stephen who is nearly 12 and Ciaran who is 3.

I would carry on forever if I could, but this will be our last one

chance
02-09-2005, 22:46
this is my baby number 3! i have 2 boys aged 6 and 18 months,this one is a girl,i am treating this as my last pregnancy but hey you never know plus i might not be able to have anymore after this c sec anyway depends what the state of my insides are like this time around.

Chloe O'brien
03-09-2005, 00:10
I have one daughter Marley who is 6 she will be 7 on 12th September. Although I am on my own at the moment so its impossible to have any more kids but Marley would love a brother or sister. When she talks about having a little brother or sister is when and not if so maybe she know's something I don't :)

Luv Chloe xx

Jojo
03-09-2005, 08:31
Would you like to have any more in the future though Chloe??

RealityGap
03-09-2005, 11:50
I would carry on forever if I could, but this will be our last one

oh don't I know that feeling - I think after this next one (if we can have another) hubby will say no more :( but he is probably right and sensible!!

RealityGap
03-09-2005, 11:52
this is my baby number 3! i have 2 boys aged 6 and 18 months,this one is a girl,i am treating this as my last pregnancy but hey you never know plus i might not be able to have anymore after this c sec anyway depends what the state of my insides are like this time around.

hoping the c sect isnt too bad - and you can have more little ones if that is what you want

are your boys excited to be having a little sister?

RealityGap
03-09-2005, 11:53
I have one daughter Marley who is 6 she will be 7 on 12th September. Although I am on my own at the moment so its impossible to have any more kids but Marley would love a brother or sister. When she talks about having a little brother or sister is when and not if so maybe she know's something I don't :)

Luv Chloe xx

that is sweet - you never know maybe she does know something you dont!!

chance
03-09-2005, 11:58
hoping the c sect isnt too bad - and you can have more little ones if that is what you want

are your boys excited to be having a little sister?
my eldest is really excited but my youngest is oblivious to it,too young too realise,prob just thinks mummys ate all the pies! think it may hit him hard when im holding someone else not him,bless him.

Chloe O'brien
03-09-2005, 23:47
I guess deep down I would like to have more kids. Marley was such a happy and contented baby she never cried and only ever woke up every four hours to be fed then she would go back to sleep. Although she is 6 now and you can have a wonderful converstion with her I still wish she was a baby again.

Luv Chloe xx

Jojo
04-09-2005, 12:21
Thats why I'm on no 3!! lol I just love babies and for some weird reason, they seem to be attracted to me like a magnet too. I am very maternal though!

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 09:46
my eldest is really excited but my youngest is oblivious to it,too young too realise,prob just thinks mummys ate all the pies! think it may hit him hard when im holding someone else not him,bless him.

LOL - I am sure that your youngest doesnt just think that you ate all the pies :)

I was so worried about what my son would think when we brought my daughter home (he was just 18 months) he just ignored her! Was aware she was there but just didnt have much to do with her - a year on they play well together!

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 09:47
I guess deep down I would like to have more kids. Marley was such a happy and contented baby she never cried and only ever woke up every four hours to be fed then she would go back to sleep. Although she is 6 now and you can have a wonderful converstion with her I still wish she was a baby again.

Luv Chloe xx

Oh Chloe - Marley sounds like a wonderful little lady - you must be so proud of her :) Hoping that you do manage to have more

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 09:48
Thats why I'm on no 3!! lol I just love babies and for some weird reason, they seem to be attracted to me like a magnet too. I am very maternal though!

I know what you are saying!! I think if we could have babies easily I would be in a silly number of children by now - but it took up over 4 years to have my son - and I am now getting on a bit - so I think that it will be 3 or 4 for us (IF we can have anymore)

Chloe O'brien
05-09-2005, 10:15
If I could be garaunteed another child like Marley I'd probably have another 10 but I have to find my self a new man first:) No seriously I don't think financially I could afford to have another child and I'm knocking on a bit I'm 38, so perhaps Marley will have to be an only child.

You know what they say "An only child is a confident child"

Luv Chloe xx

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 10:27
If I could be garaunteed another child like Marley I'd probably have another 10 but I have to find my self a new man first:) No seriously I don't think financially I could afford to have another child and I'm knocking on a bit I'm 38, so perhaps Marley will have to be an only child.

You know what they say "An only child is a confident child"

Luv Chloe xx

Marely certainly sounds like a happy child :) Hey stranger things happen you might find Mr Right and have some more and they of course would all be as fantastic as your daughter

Jojo
05-09-2005, 10:34
I know what you are saying!! I think if we could have babies easily I would be in a silly number of children by now - but it took up over 4 years to have my son - and I am now getting on a bit - so I think that it will be 3 or 4 for us (IF we can have anymore)Don't forget though, you are only a year older than me!! I hope you do manage to have another one though - did you manage to conceive natually or did you need to go through IVF (if you don't mind me asking that is :D )

chance
05-09-2005, 10:40
just been to midwife.shes worried as baby seems small and is still really low down so high possibility the after birth is going to be stuck to something else,she was goin to send me for a scan until she realised im already booked in for one in 3 weeks time,damn! would have liked to have gone for a extra two! which is a bit stupid really if shes small now wouldnt it be better if i went for a scan now rather then in 3 weeks? this midwife leaves me with little confidence,she didnt even notice i had pre eclampsia with my first one so im not too pleased or confident with her.instead i have to wait another week and go back and see her on kmonday for her to measure again.

Jojo
05-09-2005, 10:43
Is there another midwife you can speak to, or even just speak to the hospital where you are booked in - I know here they prefer you to go to the hospital even if its just to allay fears and if you say that you are concerned after what your midwife said, they may suggest you go in?

chance
05-09-2005, 10:46
yeah i may just do that,im going to get the dentist out of the way first though!

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 10:47
Don't forget though, you are only a year older than me!! I hope you do manage to have another one though - did you manage to conceive natually or did you need to go through IVF (if you don't mind me asking that is :D )

Both kids are IVf babes - I have a condition called poly cystic ovarian syndrome. They have found more information about it and it seems to be lined to insulin problems, I have always been over weight and never albe to loose it - till this year - I have lost loads of weight and have actually got my hormone levels to be normal - so we are hopeful that we might be able to get pregnant by ourselves as IVF isnt an option as we had to pay for it all ourselves and cant afford to do that again (it only took 2 attempts to have our second and it was 5K to give you an idea!)

Thanks for reminding me I am so so old!!!:rotfl:

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 10:51
just been to midwife.shes worried as baby seems small and is still really low down so high possibility the after birth is going to be stuck to something else,she was goin to send me for a scan until she realised im already booked in for one in 3 weeks time,damn! would have liked to have gone for a extra two! which is a bit stupid really if shes small now wouldnt it be better if i went for a scan now rather then in 3 weeks? this midwife leaves me with little confidence,she didnt even notice i had pre eclampsia with my first one so im not too pleased or confident with her.instead i have to wait another week and go back and see her on kmonday for her to measure again.

I would go with what jojomum says and phone the hospital - I wouldnt worry too much (easy to say!) about the measuring she has done it is so unacurate you wouldnt believe (as are the weights you get at the scan - my daughter was a BIG baby or so they told me and wrote all over the notes as a result of the scans (forcast to be just under 10lbs) and she wasnt even 7lbs at birth

hoping they can sort something out

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 10:51
yeah i may just do that,im going to get the dentist out of the way first though!

Did you see my post you under the root canal thread?

chance
05-09-2005, 10:55
[QUOTE=RealityGap]I would go with what jojomum says and phone the hospital - I wouldnt worry too much (easy to say!) about the measuring she has done it is so unacurate you wouldnt believe (as are the weights you get at the scan - my daughter was a BIG baby or so they told me and wrote all over the notes as a result of the scans (forcast to be just under 10lbs) and she wasnt even 7lbs at birth

nah im not really worrying,i did think she was small anyway as im not that big at all but she said my eldest was gonna be small and he was 8lb7 in the end.also she hasnt once measurred me since being pregnant all she did was feel my belly etc and judge by that and the size of me.monday will soon come around and wel see what she has to say then

chance
05-09-2005, 10:56
Did you see my post you under the root canal thread?
yeah i did thanks,hopefully they will sort it out ina min but if i ever get it again il know what to try :)

Jojo
05-09-2005, 11:00
Both kids are IVf babes - I have a condition called poly cystic ovarian syndrome. They have found more information about it and it seems to be lined to insulin problems, I have always been over weight and never albe to loose it - till this year - I have lost loads of weight and have actually got my hormone levels to be normal - so we are hopeful that we might be able to get pregnant by ourselves as IVF isnt an option as we had to pay for it all ourselves and cant afford to do that again (it only took 2 attempts to have our second and it was 5K to give you an idea!)

Thanks for reminding me I am so so old!!!:rotfl:You are definitely not old!!! (Otherwise I am too, and Im trying not to be :rotfl: )

I hope that if you hormone levels are almost normal it will help you to maybe conceive naturally, I don't know if I would be able to go through IVF, but I know what broodiness can do to you....

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 11:03
yeah i did thanks,hopefully they will sort it out ina min but if i ever get it again il know what to try :)

let us know how you get on:)

RealityGap
05-09-2005, 11:05
You are definitely not old!!! (Otherwise I am too, and Im trying not to be :rotfl: )

I hope that if you hormone levels are almost normal it will help you to maybe conceive naturally, I don't know if I would be able to go through IVF, but I know what broodiness can do to you....

thanks for saying I am not old - I so need to hear that at the minute!

IVF was ok and I would do it again in a heartbeat if it wasnt for the money side of it!

I am seeing a gynae in a few weeks to see how my levels are and they might be able to prescribe some drugs to help us - if not I have 2 kids more than I thought I would for a while and for that I am grateful

Penguin8191
13-09-2005, 17:50
i am too young 2 have kids but im hoping 2 have 5 kids! 2 0f each sex hopefully and not bother anout the sex of no.5! lol!

chance
13-09-2005, 21:44
i am too young 2 have kids but im hoping 2 have 5 kids! 2 0f each sex hopefully and not bother anout the sex of no.5! lol!how old are you ? what age do you hope to start on number 1? :)

chance
13-09-2005, 21:48
let us know how you get on:)
still small apparently but she wants me just to wait for the scan to come around that ive already got booked on the 21st,bp was high and got swelling so she took my bloods to see if ive got pre eclampsia again.she is such a naff midwife,ive had pre eclampsia before so they are meant to see you more etc but she doesnt bother she is crap! she didnt even realise i had t the first time around,she manahed to miss it even then even though i had all the signs

Debs
14-09-2005, 17:12
still small apparently but she wants me just to wait for the scan to come around that ive already got booked on the 21st,bp was high and got swelling so she took my bloods to see if ive got pre eclampsia again.she is such a naff midwife,ive had pre eclampsia before so they are meant to see you more etc but she doesnt bother she is crap! she didnt even realise i had t the first time around,she manahed to miss it even then even though i had all the signs

guess it is too late to ask for a different one???

Jojo
14-09-2005, 18:16
guess it is too late to ask for a different one???I would go and speak to my doctor and even complain if it came to it - this midwife of chances is putting both of them at risk - it ain't on!!! :angry:

Penguin8191
14-09-2005, 22:08
how old are you ? what age do you hope to start on number 1?

I am 15 hoping to start when im around 23/24!