PDA

View Full Version : Casualty newcomer is 'settling in'

Luna
02-09-2005, 21:16
Mark Bonnar, who plays nurse Bruno in Casualty, is full of praise for his new colleagues.

"I joined at the end of May," he says, "and I think I'm settling in all right."

"This is the friendliest set of people that I've ever met," he says. "They're so lovely. Unlike other shows I've worked on, there's not really a cast and crew divide. Everyone just gets on with it because we've got a hard job to do making 50 minutes of drama every week."

He added: "I was very nervous before I started, but as soon as I got down onto the studio floor, my shoulders just dropped with relief. The crew were very welcoming and that immediately improves the work you do, because you feel you can try things.

"You can take risks and say things in a way you might not normally, and all the time you know you won't feel stupid if it doesn't come off. There won't be people laughing at you or standing on the sidelines thinking, 'Hmmm, the new boy's not up to much'. There's none of that."

However, despite all this reassurance, there is one thing that's he's finding unnerving.

"I haven't actually watched myself in it yet," he confesses. "Well, not properly, anyway. I think it's a problem if you do that too much because you can get self-conscious, you know. But I'm sure on the day of September 10 I'll be absolutely bricking it as my first episode goes out on television."

When asked how he feels about the impending prospect of being recognised in the street, Mark is admirably candid.

"I have to say, I'm just kind of expecting it's not going to happen. There's part of me that goes, 'People aren't going to do that'.

"I don't know. If they do I might try and bluff it that I'm someone else and say, 'What are you talking about?' or just pretend to be foreign or something."

RealityGap
02-09-2005, 21:20
it is nice to hear of a cast getting along - the casualty bunch does always seem to get on so well on screen (but I know they are actors!) Will be good to see a new face on casualty

hazey
02-09-2005, 21:57
What a nice breath of fresh air, a actor praising his fellow workers. We are so used to the opposite,from other soaps.

bubblegum_fairy
03-09-2005, 18:50
Thats good to know

hayley
03-09-2005, 22:13
Thats good to know

yep!

Crazy Gal 88
04-09-2005, 13:28
sounds god - a nice fresh face to casualty sounds just like what the doctor ordered!

pookie1968uk
04-09-2005, 17:51
cant wait for the new series to start, saturdays just arent the same!!

daisy38
06-09-2005, 08:46
Exactly! :)

Luna
06-09-2005, 08:55

Does it not start this saturday???

RealityGap
06-09-2005, 09:08
Does it not start this saturday???

Yes it is on, on Saturday at 8.15!:cheer: :cheer:

RealityGap
06-09-2005, 09:10
here is a short blurb about Saturdays episode

Holding On.

Maggie's daughter is trapped when a building housing asylum seekers collapses into a mineshaft. Multiple casualties test staff to the limit and Tess's life hangs in the balance when she's swallowed by the mine. New nurse Bruno makes a big bad impact, dredging up Maggie's darkest secret.

xStephaniex
09-09-2005, 10:17
there was a preview of casualty today on gmtv ! with maggies daughter ! but i cant wait for this new charatcer ! sounds coool ! thanks for that luna !x!