PDA

View Full Version : Soap stars prepare for panto roles

Luna
01-09-2005, 15:20
They're behind you!

Yes, panto season is only a few months away, and it seems that no matter where you go for festive fun this year, you won't be able to get away from EastEnders stars past and present.

A whole host of familiar faces have agreed to tread the boards, including Steve McFadden (Phil), who'll be playing Captain Hook at the Manchester Opera House, alongside former Walford resident Sophie Lawrence (Diane).

Several of his on-screen love interests will be cropping up elsewhere.

Gillian Taylforth, formerly known as Kathy, is set for Snow White in Swansea, while Jill Halfpenny (Kate) is in Cinderella in her home town of Newcastle, the same panto Lucy Benjamin (Lisa) will be in in Northampton.

Others cropping up include Gary Beadle, better known as Paul Trueman, who's agreed to appear in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in Southend.

Former Walford and Sun Hill colleagues Russell Floyd (Michael Rose) and Todd Carty (Mark Fowler) are both set to appear in adaptations of Dick Whittington - the former in Hustanton, the latter in High Wycombe.

John Altman (nasty Nick Cotton) - who is no stranger to the theatre having starred in numerous productions in the past - including a touring version of Chicago, will be in Crewe's Aladdin.

Shaun Williamson (Barry Evans) was recently seen in Extras, but is due to exercise both his acting and singing skills in Bromley's Cinderella.

Last but not least, Dirty Den himself, Leslie Grantham, has signed up for St Albans' version of Peter Pan.

eastenderfan_91
01-09-2005, 15:22
sounds good

Jessie Wallace
01-09-2005, 15:32
None of them near me, oh well.

emma_strange
01-09-2005, 15:35
Oooh I might go see Cinderella with Jill Halfpenny in it. I live pretty much right near there.

RealityGap
01-09-2005, 15:48
oh well none up my end of the woods......pity

Abi
01-09-2005, 17:26
I only have Ceebies presenters in my lcoal one!

i_luv_dennis
01-09-2005, 17:45
is that going to be shown at birmingham if so im going to see it cause my mom booked one

Debs
01-09-2005, 19:59
oh well so far noone near me then! as long as it isnt dean gaffney again!! dont relaly want to be seeing his scabby face in panto!