PDA

View Full Version : cut back to 3 days?

bronzemare13
01-09-2005, 10:47
i've heard they are cutting EE back to 3 days a week from 4 after the new year. anyone know if this is true? guess old kate harwood's producer skills aren't so great as what they thought. she's sacked too many and bored the rest off with her idea of drama being social issues and family crisis. for those things there's the news and real life.

Angeltigger
01-09-2005, 10:50
There would be no-point as people who watch Eastender alot will not like it being cut back, it kind of finished a storyline in a week, but than if the boss is getting rid of people than maybe they don't need it to be on 4 times a week...

I think it might be because people are going away from Eastenders

callummc
01-09-2005, 14:04
it would be a good idea,give the writers more time and then maybe ee wouldn't be running hot and cold all the time

Angeltigger
01-09-2005, 14:06
Yeah.. i don't think people watch it on friday that much- as friday is the day that loads of things are on..

RealityGap
01-09-2005, 14:07
hope this isnt true like it being on 4 times a week :)

.:SpIcYsPy:.
01-09-2005, 14:07
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo please say this is not true!! I can't live without one day (Wednesday) let alone 2!!

squarelady
01-09-2005, 14:08
What's your source?

Luna
01-09-2005, 14:12
Was there not something like this going round a few months ago?? and nothing ever came from it

squarelady
01-09-2005, 14:15
No they denied it, they always do mainly because alot of the time it's rubbish! :rolleyes:

xXxJessxXx
01-09-2005, 14:27
I dont think putting it back to three nights a week will help its ratings at all. i mean it's main rivals the moments are Corrie (also on 4 times a week.. but two on a monday! so really 5) and Emmerdale. (Six times a week) so they seem to both be doing fine with having a lot of episodes on in one week. so EE really wont benifit from this i dont think.

However.. i dont watch Corrie any more, simply beacuse around the time anything major happens its one twince on monday... twice on Wednesday... Twice on Friday and once on sunday. (Eg with the mad mya and dev fire thing..and one other story which i cant remeber, shows how much of an impact it had) that is simply too much in a short space of time.

What eastenders really needs to boost their ratings is for it not ot be so depressing. i mean yeah i like all the deaths and sadness of it all... sometimes! I think it makes it quite dramatic, but others dont. Unlike Eastenders, Emmerdale and Corrie have a lot of humour in ther shows. (If you can call it humour! :hmm:) EE does have a bit but not alot, its all death and bodies being found and things getting ruined for people. a lot of people i speak to dont watch it beacuse of that reason.

so EE shouldnt have more or less shows per week but have it a bit more cheerful. i mean i read they've had some thing like 11 or 14 cant actually remember deaths in 20 years. (doesnt seem a lot when i think abut who has actually died.. )but that averaged out at one every 18months. In one square/street whatever thats quite a lot...

hayley
02-09-2005, 23:29
Oh, i hope not!

hannah-mj
03-09-2005, 00:22
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo please say this is not true!! I can't live without one day (Wednesday) let alone 2!!Totally agreee!!!!

alkalinetrio
08-09-2005, 19:48
but since it aint on saturday either dont it count as 2 anyways?

littlemo
08-09-2005, 21:20
I think it would be good if they had 3 episodes instead of 4. I love EE, but if it's going to make the show better, it's a good thing. The actors get angry because of the long hours and increasing it to 4 nights a week is bound to be worse for them. And the writers don't have as much time as they would perhaps need to make the scripts better and true to life.

xsoftladybugx
08-09-2005, 23:20
I think it would be good if they had 3 episodes instead of 4. I love EE, but if it's going to make the show better, it's a good thing. The actors get angry because of the long hours and increasing it to 4 nights a week is bound to be worse for them. And the writers don't have as much time as they would perhaps need to make the scripts better and true to life.

True but that means no EE 4 times a weeeeeeeek :(

alan45
08-09-2005, 23:31
Maybe its because they have had such a cull of staff that there would not be enough for four episodes :)

Angeltigger
12-09-2005, 21:07
but since it aint on saturday either dont it count as 2 anyways?

but no soap is on a saturday- that is on during the week..

dddMac1
14-09-2005, 17:07
in the future maybe they can cut it to three nights a week but i think it is ok the now

dddMac1
14-09-2005, 17:08
but no soap is on a saturday- that is on during the week..

Brookside used to be repeated on a saturday

Jada-GDR
07-10-2005, 16:01
Hope this isn't true *screams*

I like watching it on a friday cause they are so BORING and eastenders just finishes off a rubbish day quite nicely.

stacyefc
07-10-2005, 16:11
i hope it isn't true i look forward to watching it

Angeltigger
07-10-2005, 16:13
Brookside used to be repeated on a saturday

Yeah what i ment was no soap carry on on a saturday

crazygirl
11-10-2005, 22:10
eastenders will never be ccut back to 3 days its to popular