PDA

View Full Version : Letitia time out angers Enders

kayla05
26-08-2005, 14:03
Bosses at EastEnders have come under fire from their cast members today after they claimed that co-star Letitia Dean is receiving preferential treatment.

The 37-year-old actress who plays terracotta Sharon in the soap is being allowed to leave the show for an indefinite period again, while the door is left open for her to return as she pleases.

This has angered her co-stars, who were already miffed that the returning Steve McFadden, who plays ginger hunk of gristle, Phil Mitchell, was allowed to do panto.

An insider told the Daily Star: "There is a definite air of resentment about Letitia seemingly being allowed to just come and go as she pleases.

"Once again she will be taking an extended break, just as she has done before.

"It seems like there's one rule for her and one for the rest," the source added.

Three years ago Shaun Williamson, who played the hapless Barry Evans on the Square, had to quit the show after being forced to choose between doing panto or the soap.

Last time spoilt Letitia came back to the soap, her return was scheduled around her panto commitments.

The actress will leave the show in the new year, but will probably be back sometime in the future. She'll let you know.

Trinity
26-08-2005, 14:35
I don't really care if she comes back or not, but EE bosses obviously see her as an asset that they want to keep at all costs. Some people are more valuable to employers than others, it is a fact of life.

They may be missing the point that her current popularity it so closely tied with that of Nigel Harmen - and he isn't coming back. Who wants Sharon rather than Shannis??

Luna
26-08-2005, 14:43
I totally she's had more time off than anyone there

Jojo
26-08-2005, 14:45
She's obviously got it written into her contract though, which others may not have. I don't personally see her doing anything of much interest once they have both gone, she's now part of pairing and what could possibly give an expanation for reasons of her return....

kirsty_g
26-08-2005, 15:43
I totally she's had more time off than anyone there

yeah

samantha nixon
26-08-2005, 16:29
but letitia is a great actress so the bosses probably dont want to lose her

hayley
26-08-2005, 16:37

true!

Joanne
26-08-2005, 16:40
I agree. When she comes back the next time she won't have much to do other than reminisce with Pauline, Pat etc. Unless they resurrect one of her relationships with either Grant or Phil but with Dennis no longer on the scene that doesn't seem interesting or exciting either.

samantha nixon
26-08-2005, 16:44
i think they should get her back together with grant or phil as it would be good as peggy doesnt like her and stuff

Dr. Tangliss
26-08-2005, 16:51
I can understand why the rest of the cast are annoyed by it. But at the end of the day, she is a great actress and the viewers like watching her

.:SpIcYsPy:.
26-08-2005, 17:04
Yeah and she is very popular... with us as most agree!!

Flozza
26-08-2005, 18:05
i would be a bit annoyed if the bosses weren't treating everyone fairly but, theya re probably doing it for the best

Behemoth
26-08-2005, 18:08
I would rather that we had Barry than Sharon. Barry was a great character but Sharon is just the same boring person as ever.

Flozza
26-08-2005, 18:12
yea me 2 barry was funny, although i think monday is gonna be great (don't you wanna just chop off those tacky hair extensions hehe)

kirsty_g
26-08-2005, 19:36
lol

hazey
26-08-2005, 19:53
:
yea me 2 barry was funny, although i think monday is gonna be great (don't you wanna just chop off those tacky hair extensions hehe) :rotfl:

emma_strange
26-08-2005, 22:29
~I love Sharron but she does get preferential treatment over other cast members, which doesnt seem fair

cressa
26-08-2005, 22:47
Firstly, the article sounds like it's just written to cause trouble -- like maybe some people are annoyed, but it isn't a problem. Secondly, EE hasn't ever treated all actors equally. Some of them got a LOT more money than others. I don't remember what the deal with Shaun was, but usually actors have always taken off to do panto. Seems like he was the one who got treated unfailry, not that others get favortisim. How come Ross Kemp gets to direct other BBC shows? If anyone's going to get upset over something, THAT is certainly unfair! And what about Danielle Westbrook (not sure if I spelled that right...)? She got to bounce on and off the show for ages, and that was apparently because the BBC had to schedule around her drug problem. And, personally, I'm really not that optomistic that Tish actually will come back. Unless Nigel changes his mind, there isn't anything for her to come back to. And what about Steve and Ross and Barbara getting to come back? Or the times Gillian Talforth returned? I don't see anything unusual in what Tish is doing that would cause problems at Elstree.

kayla05
26-08-2005, 23:29
Lettita does get alot of time off, more than the other characters do, dont get me wrong i love her, she's one of my fav characters but if this is true and the cast are complaining lets just hope it doesn't get more serious!

alan45
27-08-2005, 00:25
Of course they should be cross and annoyed at Miss Piggy getting top bill dropping in and out of the show when her ego and lack of money drags her back to deadenders :searchme:

Jessie Wallace
27-08-2005, 00:27
Of course they should be cross and annoyed at Miss Piggy getting top bill dropping in and out of the show when her ego and lack of money drags her back to deadenders :searchme:

:lol:

JustJodi
27-08-2005, 00:34
[QUOTE=kayla05]Bosses at EastEnders have come under fire from their cast members today after they claimed that co-star Letitia Dean is receiving preferential treatment.

The 37-year-old actress who plays terracotta Sharon
TERRACOTTA SHARON :rotfl: that fake tan TONIGHT was OVER POWERING,, I think her hair extensions are a bit much.. she will be back when she runs out of money.. I agree with who ever the source was..it seems like there is a rule for her and a different one for the rest :moonie:

JustJodi
27-08-2005, 00:35

So u are saying Miss Piggy is gonna marry Kermit on Monday???:rotfl: Oh lordy Alan :lol:

kirsty_g
27-08-2005, 08:14
lol

hazey
27-08-2005, 10:12
So u are saying Miss Piggy is gonna marry Kermit on Monday???:rotfl: Oh lordy Alan :lol: :rotfl: I have thought she was miss piggy for years but have never said it.

kirsty_g
27-08-2005, 10:46
lol

Layne
27-08-2005, 11:14
Letitia probably has it in her contract, and i mean she has been on EE since the beginning so maybe she is preferred a bit, but only because she has been there so long.
I think Tish is a great actress and i think EE know that she is loved among the fans!

JustJodi
27-08-2005, 11:21
Letitia probably has it in her contract, and i mean she has been on EE since the beginning so maybe she is preferred a bit, but only because she has been there so long.
I think Tish is a great actress and i think EE know that she is loved among the fans!

Every one is entitled to their opinions. now if Babs Winsdor or June or Wendy or even Pam take off..its most likely health related as we know they have all been sick,, no one has read that Letitia has been ill and whatever..sorry I just do not think she should be "favored" over the rest of the cast..if she thinks she is such a prima donna then she should just start looking for work else where.. thats just MY 2 EURO CENTS WORTH,,:o
One day she is going to find out that she does not have a job waiting for her and the DOOR WILL BE CLOSED on her.. :cool:

alan45
27-08-2005, 11:25
They would have been better trying to get Janine back and not sacking Barry for doing panto

hazey
27-08-2005, 11:41
Every one is entitled to their opinions. now if Babs Winsdor or June or Wendy or even Pam take off..its most likely health related as we know they have all been sick,, no one has read that Letitia has been ill and whatever..sorry I just do not think she should be "favored" over the rest of the cast..if she thinks she is such a prima donna then she should just start looking for work else where.. thats just MY 2 EURO CENTS WORTH,,:o
One day she is going to find out that she does not have a job waiting for her and the DOOR WILL BE CLOSED on her.. :cool: well said I totally agree with you.

alan45
27-08-2005, 11:52
One day she is going to find out that she does not have a job waiting for her and the DOOR WILL BE CLOSED on her.. :cool:

I agree with you too. She is not even a great actress. She is well suited to panto :)

JustJodi
27-08-2005, 11:56
I agree with you too. She is not even a great actress. She is well suited to panto :)

Alan/ or any body can u explain something to this DUMB YANK,, what exactly "panto" means.. pantomime ???? is this a big form of entertainment in the UK ???:searchme:

BlackKat
27-08-2005, 12:07
Alan/ or any body can u explain something to this DUMB YANK,, what exactly "panto" means.. pantomime ???? is this a big form of entertainment in the UK ???:searchme:

Yep, it's Pantomime - stuff like Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk etc. Usually family shows, on around Christmas. A lot of them get stars in to play parts, like Tish Dean.

eastie
27-08-2005, 12:42
I think shes a great actress

kirsty_g
27-08-2005, 13:01
i just found out that dennis did not want to quit he just wanted a long breack and they refused so he had to quit

BlackKat
27-08-2005, 13:04
i just found out that dennis did not want to quit he just wanted a long breack and they refused so he had to quit

Source?

alan45
27-08-2005, 13:31
i just found out that dennis did not want to quit he just wanted a long breack and they refused so he had to quitHe should have done a Letitia Dean, shrugged his shoulders, fluttered his eybrows, put on his black jacket and stormed off to pantoland to return every six months

.:SpIcYsPy:.
27-08-2005, 14:58
I wonder what's going to happen next..

alan45
27-08-2005, 15:16
Letitia will disappear for her annual panto stint, return next year in a sensational new storyline (continued at six monthly intervals)

JustJodi
27-08-2005, 15:32
Letitia will disappear for her annual panto stint, return next year in a sensational new storyline (continued at six monthly intervals)

"sensational new storyline"???? yea right.. with some new dude ???:searchme:

JustJodi
27-08-2005, 15:34
He should have done a Letitia Dean, shrugged his shoulders, fluttered his eybrows, put on his black jacket and stormed off to pantoland to return every six months
Alan if we were allowed to say what ever we wanted to say I can pretty well imagine what you might have typed :rotfl: ( instead of what u said up there :lol: )

alan45
27-08-2005, 15:39
but letitia is a great actress so the bosses probably dont want to lose her :rotfl:

Sorry but I would not describe her as great

JustJodi
27-08-2005, 15:40
:rotfl:

ME EITHER !!!!!:rotfl:

JustJodi
27-08-2005, 15:41

WHERE DID U READ THIS KRISTY ???? CAN U BACK THAT RUMOR UP ???:searchme:

*kalfie*moon*
27-08-2005, 21:58
:rotfl:

yeah same here!

kckinsmcg
28-08-2005, 01:19
I can understand why the rest of the cast are annoyed by it. But at the end of the day, she is a great actress and the viewers like watching her

I agree, but hasnt she been on the show since the beginning? 20 years is a long time to work in one place. Something has to be said for seniority alone. So perhaps preferential treatment is warranted in her case. That being said I do agree with someone elses point that she is only as popular as she is at the moment because of Dennis. So when he goes, who knows? But we also should face the fact that she has remained for as long as she has because the viewers must want her. They seem to be able to work her back in easily even after other characters within her plotlines leave. I am not one of those who thinks the show can only continue because of her, but she does have a way of staying popular for one reason or another with some of us, for some reason, a lot of the time. Who cares if the others dont like her arrangement? When they have demonstrated continued popularity and staying power for 20 years perhaps they will get the same treatment. Personally I hate to see Kat go. To me she hold many aspects of interest in the show. With or without the Slater family I feel Kat would be of interest and could become a long-term character as has Sharon. I actually stopped watching for a bit until I heard she was returning and honestly, ever since she returned I have not missed an episode. I hear she was an unknown when she came to the show, but she has proved to be a great talent on the show. I'm not sure how she would do in the "open waters" of show business. But as far as I am concerned they can never replace her with a head transplant down the line...Jesse Wallace is Kat Slater. Hopefully, they will give her a swinging door policy because I feel she deserves it.

Babe14
28-08-2005, 07:25
No wander so many are leaving and if the double standards are kept up Easties will be losing a lot more of their "Top" actors/actresses. In the end the soap will be leaving too..

JustJodi
28-08-2005, 12:04
I agree, but hasnt she been on the show since the beginning? 20 years is a long time to work in one place. Something has to be said for seniority alone. So perhaps preferential treatment is warranted in her case. That being said I do agree with someone elses point that she is only as popular as she is at the moment because of Dennis. So when he goes, who knows? But we also should face the fact that she has remained for as long as she has because the viewers must want her. They seem to be able to work her back in easily even after other characters within her plotlines leave. I am not one of those who thinks the show can only continue because of her, but she does have a way of staying popular for one reason or another with some of us, for some reason, a lot of the time. Who cares if the others dont like her arrangement? When they have demonstrated continued popularity and staying power for 20 years perhaps they will get the same treatment. Personally I hate to see Kat go. To me she hold many aspects of interest in the show. With or without the Slater family I feel Kat would be of interest and could become a long-term character as has Sharon. I actually stopped watching for a bit until I heard she was returning and honestly, ever since she returned I have not missed an episode. I hear she was an unknown when she came to the show, but she has proved to be a great talent on the show. I'm not sure how she would do in the "open waters" of show business. But as far as I am concerned they can never replace her with a head transplant down the line...Jesse Wallace is Kat Slater. Hopefully, they will give her a swinging door policy because I feel she deserves it.

I honestly think Sharon is taking advantage of this so called prefered treatment..that is probably why the other cast memebers are a bit ticked off with her... its like one set of rules for HER and another set of rules for the rest,, if all the agents of each actor/actress bargained for the same type of contract Letita has then we might as well say good bye to EE..Seniority should also apply to the ppl playing Ian,Pauline and Dot.. all of those with high senority.
I love Kat Slatter too.. I really hope they bring her back after she leaves with Alfie ( if that is what is supposed to happen)
Any way this thread is about Letita Dean,, if she leaves I will not be sitting around holding my breath waiting for her to come back after 6 mos time,, :D

squarelady
28-08-2005, 13:39
She's a brilliant actress and she's well respected on Eastenders for being on of their best characters. I think any of the long standing cast memvers would get treated the same!

the_watts_rule
28-08-2005, 13:43
I think she should be given the time off because she works really hard for the show and is one of the most popular characters

Bryan
28-08-2005, 15:38
i love leitia dean, she is fanatsic, but what i would like is for her to stick 100% to the show, or leave, i cant stand all this sensational exits and returns every 5 seconds!

eastie
28-08-2005, 17:30
me too! its a shame she has to go again.

JustJodi
28-08-2005, 18:57
me too! its a shame she has to go again.

she does not HAVE TO GO.. She chooses to go .. I am with BB she should stay or GO..:(

eastie
28-08-2005, 20:52
ye thats what i mean. sorry, i guess i didnt chose the right words. lol

Flozza
28-08-2005, 20:57
yea casue its gonna get boring after a while

kirsty_g
29-08-2005, 08:40
it always does

alan45
29-08-2005, 11:28
I think she should be given the time off because she works really hard for the show and is one of the most popular characters

I dont think she should be allowed to waltz off every six months or so whenever the bright lights of pantoland beckon (oh no she shouldnt) Make your mind up Letitia. You are not the great actress you obviously think you are. Remeber no-one is irreplacable. :angry:

JustJodi
29-08-2005, 11:49
I dont think she should be allowed to waltz off every six months or so whenever the bright lights of pantoland beckon (oh no she shouldnt) Make your mind up Letitia. You are not the great actress you obviously think you are. Remeber no-one is irreplacable. :angry:

Alan u tell her baby !!!!:rotfl:

eastenders mad
29-08-2005, 13:41
i know she has been in out like a yoyo

JustJodi
29-08-2005, 13:44
i know she has been in out like a yoyo

Hmmmm time for some one to give us some new smilies showing us going MAD :rotfl: If she is going to GO,,,, GOOOOO,, if shes gonna stay STAYYYYYYYY:cool:

kirsty_g
29-08-2005, 14:23
i no shes always leaving then coming back

Lisa321
30-08-2005, 16:03
Spoilt Letitia?? Shes an amazing actress, as most people would agree. Im sure they would let Shane Richie or Jessie Wallace do that as well.
Barry wasnt one of the more wanted/neccessary characters anyway.
xxx

Bryan
30-08-2005, 16:29
Spoilt Letitia?? Shes an amazing actress, as most people would agree. Im sure they would let Shane Richie or Jessie Wallace do that as well.
xxx

here here, you words are like gold lisa321!

kckinsmcg
30-08-2005, 17:04
I honestly think Sharon is taking advantage of this so called prefered treatment..that is probably why the other cast memebers are a bit ticked off with her... its like one set of rules for HER and another set of rules for the rest,, if all the agents of each actor/actress bargained for the same type of contract Letita has then we might as well say good bye to EE..Seniority should also apply to the ppl playing Ian,Pauline and Dot.. all of those with high senority.
I love Kat Slatter too.. I really hope they bring her back after she leaves with Alfie ( if that is what is supposed to happen)
Any way this thread is about Letita Dean,, if she leaves I will not be sitting around holding my breath waiting for her to come back after 6 mos time,, :D

JJ...That is also my point. Pauline, Ian, Dot, they should be allowed the same, but perhaps they haven't wanted it. Some people are quite happy with their situation as it is. Honestly, can you imagine Ian storming off if he is not let go to do a movie or a play? No, because he knows he has got it good where he is. I cannot imagine he is talented enough to do other things. That being said, Sharon may not be either, but for some reason she is allowed to come and go. If Sharon left for good tomorrow, I could not care less. So in my opinion, if I were one of the bosses, I would never allow it. I would call her bluff and let her take her chances in the world, but for whatever reason they must think she has a certain viewership that wants to see her back. Come, go, I dont care. She annoys me occasionally, when she tries to be funny and flippant. It seems her only character is a brooding, hair flipper. Of course that is just my opinion. Going back through the old episodes she has not changed her character much at all. She is always in crisis or on the crest of a crisis. What I do think, I wonder if anyone else agrees with me, they should make the show the way it used to be. More day to day events, real-life problems. That is why I began wathcing in the first place. EE is nothing like US soaps, which I have never or will ever watch. My mother is an addict of US soaps so I have seen the odd couple of minutes and they are the worst. Everyone has a great job, that they never go to. They are all rich, but you have now idea how. Kids are born and go away never to be seen again, until they come back years later as arch enemies of people they never met. Give me the old EE days over this claptrap anyday. "Sorry for the ramble."

Lisa321
01-09-2005, 14:58
here here, you words are like gold lisa321!

:-) Thanks. You agree then? :cheer:

Angeldelight
01-09-2005, 15:14
Letitia is obviously seen as an asset to the show... i'm sure if other actors/actresses really wanted the same thing it'd be neogitable... I think it's stupid that she keeps leaving and coming back but i can't see her coming back to the show when she leaves in the new year...

xsoftladybugx
01-09-2005, 19:28
Letitia is'nt spoilt she is just a great character to have in the show, If any characters like Kat or Pauline (lol joking)wanted to stay im sure they would give them the same opportunity

alan45
01-09-2005, 19:36
xxx

The character of Barry was IMHO much better than that of Sharon Watts/Mitchell/??? and the actor who played him far superior to Letitia Dean