PDA

View Full Version : teenage celibacy programme

Debs
25-08-2005, 21:26
The BBC has challenged twelve Harrow teenagers to remain celibate for five months for a three-part programme scheduled to air on BBC Two in September.

The teenagers involved attended weekly sessions with two Christian youth workers. At the so-called "Romance Academy" sessions, the youth workers advised the teens on leading a celibate lifestyle.

"This is not a reality show in the Big Brother sense," said a BBC spokesperson. "It is a three-part observational documentary series."

The teenagers ranged in age from 15 to 17, and their parents consented to their participation in the programme.

No Sex Please, We're Teenagers will make its debut on BBC Two on September 6.

Jade
25-08-2005, 21:28
sounds similar to the true love waites thing in the states

Dr. Tangliss
26-08-2005, 08:18
Well, they should not really be having sex at 15 ;)

Jojo
26-08-2005, 09:40
I was thinking that - surely this is saying that its ok to be having sex at this age, even though its actually illegal. No doubt the majority of us have participated in illegal activities of this kind, and we all know it happens, but to have this on the tv and the parents giving permission is surely encouraging it, not trying to slow things down.

Dr. Tangliss
26-08-2005, 09:46
Excatly!:clap:

Luna
26-08-2005, 09:52
I think maybe they are just pointing out that even with the law people are still having sex at this age and even younger

Jojo
26-08-2005, 09:54
I know, but to actually challenge kids to celibacy, when legally they shouldn't be doing it anyway :hmm: Its a bit daft really. Like I said, we all know it happens (I was one of them), but I personally don't agree with this. Its just my opinion....