PDA

View Full Version : Kathy Beale (Gillian Taylforth)

scott
24-08-2005, 15:13
Will Kathy Beale return to EastEnders

amyle
24-08-2005, 15:20
No

Chris_2k11
24-08-2005, 15:25
Nah I doubt it.

Johnny Allen
24-08-2005, 15:26
Mind you it would never suprise me if she did.

Bad Wolf
24-08-2005, 15:28
not a confirmed spoiler, moving

kayla05
24-08-2005, 15:29
It would be nice to see her return, but i doubt it!

crazygirl
24-08-2005, 21:32
i would like kathy to come back

Katy
24-08-2005, 21:34
being think now. Whose Kathy?

crazygirl
24-08-2005, 21:37
ian's mum

Katy
24-08-2005, 21:40
oh yeah. Phil has a kid with her. i remeber now.

crazygirl
24-08-2005, 21:42
thats right he's called ben

kirsty_g
25-08-2005, 13:29
i would like kathy to come back

and me

kayla05
25-08-2005, 15:38
It would be great to see her come back, with Phil and Grant returning aswell! She was a great character in EE.

crazygirl
28-08-2005, 20:33
It would be great to see her come back, with Phil and Grant returning aswell! She was a great character in EE.didnt they ask her to come back with them for a explosive storyline? but she refused

Bryan
29-08-2005, 12:19
when the rumours came around she said shes happy at footballers wives as of yet but may likje to return in the future

what i think is this or next will be her last FW series, shell look around for work and not be very sucessful and as a reuslt will come back to eastenders

Dr. Tangliss
29-08-2005, 13:47
I don't see her ever coming back. I think she will go onto other things rather then return to the Square. However, I would like to see her back.

Bryan
29-08-2005, 13:52
as long as ian and pauline stay she can come back, and with the mitchells coming back strong it could only be really good to see

Dr. Tangliss
29-08-2005, 13:56
Oh yes, definitely! I would like to see and electricity between her and Phil, especially when he dotes (sp?) on his children.

Kaydie
31-08-2005, 16:17
I wish she did come back and started working in the cafe.

crazygirl
31-08-2005, 16:18
she was dead nice wasnt she

Dr. Tangliss
31-08-2005, 17:29
I liked her, she want through a lot of hard times, but still cam out of it strong :)

emma_strange
04-09-2005, 19:13
I would hope she would but she wont

hazey
04-09-2005, 20:37
Kathy was good when she was in it. But It would be silly to bring her back,what would she do leave her husband and come and live with Ian,with Ben and Ian's 3 kids and ofcourse Jane. I think once they have left you should move on. or it will get beyond belief do we get back the carpenters,colin and barry,Alli from the cafe,punk Mary.....could go on forever,lets have new blood.

RealityGap
04-09-2005, 20:55
could be interesting to have her back when Phil is back too

BlackKat
25-11-2005, 09:13
Here: The Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/tvandfilm/tvland/)

:searchme:

If it's true I think it's a good idea -- why should they give up the chance for a good storyline just on the off chance she might want to come back someday.

Kim
25-11-2005, 09:35
It would be good to see Ben return.

Mr Humphries
25-11-2005, 09:38
I think its pants that Kathy is being killed off. Why are Eastenders hell bent on killing everyone off

callummc
25-11-2005, 10:18
I think its pants that Kathy is being killed off. Why are Eastenders hell bent on killing everyone offI agree with you,kill of a good charector like the did with angie,den,andy,paul and cindy,what for a big storyline,and then cry about it later when they realise the storylines over and they could do with bringing back that person for an even bigger storyline,i'm sick to death with them popping of the best charectors and bringing in new and often boring new ones

eastenders mad
25-11-2005, 10:29
Ian hasn't got the right to take Ben. I know it his half brother, but Phil his dad and he still alive so i am sure Phil will get Ben.

I feel sorry for Gillan who played Kathy on hearing that she is going to be killed off. That is a real shame poor Gillan.

Kim
25-11-2005, 10:42
Phil his dad and he still alive so i am sure Phil will get Ben.

I feel sorry for Gillan who played Kathy on hearing that she is going to be killed off. That is a real shame poor Gillan.

Same here.

Chloe O'brien
25-11-2005, 11:25
But she hasn't been in it for years so i don't think she would want to return anyway. Although i can think of other mitchells that i would like to see meet the grim reaper instead of Kathy

Jojo
25-11-2005, 11:31
She was offered money to go back a while ago, and if you keep turning them down, what do you expect - its a shame, but she's been off our screens as Kathy for so long now, I don't miss her at all.

pops110874
25-11-2005, 11:33
I think shes only being killed off so that ben can come back into phils life.

Phil is at a bit of a loose end with no gf or child or family apart from billy and peggy.

Maybe the offered Gillian the chance to come back and she said no?

tammyy2j
25-11-2005, 11:42
I would prefer for Ian, Martin, Sonia and Pauline be killed off instead.

Would it not be better to have Kathy return and maybe kill her off in Walford. Didn't Kathy remarry in Africa so wouldn't her new husband get custody of Ben since Phil does not have any contact with him.

Kim
25-11-2005, 11:46
I think the bosses were hoping that Gillian would ask to return but didn't so they decided to kill her off and bring Ben back in.

melanielovesdennisrickman
25-11-2005, 13:49
I don't really mind that they are killing Kathy off,as it would make a good storyline with Ben,and also she has left anyway,and i don't think she was planning on coming back.

Kim
25-11-2005, 13:59
Not in the near future she wasn't but maybe in five years or something.

Florijo
25-11-2005, 14:43
I don't have a problem with them killing Kathy off. The producers can't never kill a character (on or off-screen) just on the vague chance that the actress/actor might decide to come back in 5 years or whatever. That would leave them constantly at the whim of the actress/actor involved. Most ex-EastEnders' would usually only ever come back if the work dried up and then treat EE as a fall back. That is not the best thing for the show. The actress has said she had "always thought she'd come back to Walford one day.", yet she turned down an offer to come back. You can't have it both ways.

Ben coming to stay with the Mitchells would make a great storyline. It would provide the Mitchell family with new blood and build the family up again. We don't even know if this is true yet as The Mirror has not always been accurate (Zoe Lucker to join Corrie, for example) but I would like it to be true and Kate Harwood did say in Inside Soap that she wanted to build the existing families back up again.

sarah21
25-11-2005, 16:32
I don't have a problem with this either. The actors can't refuse to come back but keep EE as a safety net just in case they have nothing else. With Kathy dying it creates a storyline for Phil and Peggy. Phil is going to have his son back, so at least it is for a reason. Kathy hasn't been in it for years anyway, so what does it matter? Better to kill her off than any of the existing cast. We need them to create some continuity with all the new characters arriving. Building up existing families is the way forward.

Mr Humphries
25-11-2005, 17:26
Tammy darling well done ! She did and I do believe that the new husband adopted him too

the_watts_rule
25-11-2005, 18:34
I think its pants that Kathy is being killed off. Why are Eastenders hell bent on killing everyone off

Good Point I think it's turning into an obsession for them!

Mr Humphries
25-11-2005, 18:44
Its just so so awful :crying: :thumbsdow

littlemo
25-11-2005, 22:34
Tammy darling well done ! She did and I do believe that the new husband adopted him too

I remember Kathy's husband wanting to adopt Ben, but I can't remember if he actually went through with it. I'm not sure if Ben would be safe with Phil. He wants to be a good father, but he can't help his temper, and sometimes that gets the better of him. He needs to go to anger management and get a grip on those feelings. The Mitchells are like the mafia, one false move and your out. You have to be willing to follow a certain code. It's not easy to just be yourself.

Although I feel Ian is quite controlling also. He has certain exceptations for his children, which he feels they have to meet. Very different from the ones Phil has. I think Ben would probably be more successful living with Ian. Peter is quite a nice sensible boy. If Ben was with Phil he'd just expect him to take over the family businesses, rather than building anything for himself. And I don't think that's the best thing.

Kim
25-11-2005, 22:46
I think the adoption did go through.

Bryan
26-11-2005, 09:22
im in two minds here... one it would be good to see phil with a child it brings out his sensative side and shows a weakeness, but dare we risk it at loosing a popular character, she said after she leaves footballers wives she'd seriosuly consider returning, and FW is getting diare these days so it could happen sooner rather than later...

callummc
26-11-2005, 11:36
i think ben was adopted to,but they can get round that by having kathy and husband killed together,maybe bens one of them evil kids who killed his parents and now looking to come to walford and kill the rest of his family,i can only dream,or if the husband kills kathy in a drunken rage the husband would go to prison then ,

Kim
26-11-2005, 13:21
You could be right Callum. Something must happen to the husband because it was him who wanted to adopt Ben and he wouldn't let him go back to Phil.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
26-11-2005, 14:49
This sounds good... shame she's off-screen though..

Kim
26-11-2005, 15:04
Yeah. But they can't do anything about it because Gillian didn't want to return so soon.

Bryan
26-11-2005, 17:46
is this confirmation or a rumour? as they cant kill of a walford legend!

BlackKat
26-11-2005, 17:51
is this confirmation or a rumour?

Well the BBC haven't confirmed it, but it does have a quote from Gillian about it I think - unless she's just heard the same rumour and assumed it's true.

as they cant kill of a walford legend!

I'm sure Den will be very happy to hear that.

tammyy2j
18-02-2015, 00:16
http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/17/eastenders-live-week-spoilers-is-kathy-beale-alive-what-does-phil-mitchell-need-to-tell-ian-beale-why-is-peggy-back-5067671/

Is Kathy alive?

tammyy2j
18-02-2015, 00:16

Dazzle
18-02-2015, 10:42
[url]Is Kathy alive?

EE fans are having a nervous breakdown speculating that Kathy's about to rise from the dead but I have my doubts.

I wouldn't be against her returning and think they could find a way if they really wanted, but I think it'd completely overshadow the Lucy reveal (the speculation alone is already threatening to do that).

I think Phil's secret's more likely something to do with Peggy. She was back in Albert Square for a reason last night (and I don't think she flew all that way just to confront Dot).

Dazzle
18-02-2015, 12:52
Maybe Phil or Peggy have stumbled across evidence that Kathy might still be alive? That would provide plenty of future dramatic opportunities and would tantalise fans.

Neither Billy nor Peggy seemed to want Phil to tell Ian. I can't imagine they'd have reacted like that if the news was that Kathy was definitely alive and well.

Hopefully we'll find out tonight.

parkerman
18-02-2015, 13:07
Interesing stuff on Wiki:

"After her final departure, numerous rumours circulated in the British press predicting the character's return to the soap. In 2005 it was reported that EastEnders producers were attempting to lure Gillian Taylforth back with the offer of a £200,000 a year pay cheque. Gillian said: "I've always wanted to go back because I love EastEnders — I have great friends in the cast and always enjoyed working with Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell)."
However, in January 2006 it was announced that the character was being killed off-screen in a storyline to facilitate the return of her young son Ben to his father Phil Mitchell. Taylforth has commented: "I was a bit upset at first because it was 13 years of my life and I didn't like the thought of being killed off. I thought she might come back to see Ian and have some illness. But that's the way it goes." In 2010, Taylforth said that she wished that Kathy could come back from the dead and that it was a mistake to kill her off. Earlier that year executive producer Diederick Santer revealed that he would like to have brought back Kathy from the dead but vowed not to revive deceased characters. Taylforth reiterated her desire to return to EastEnders in 2013 and that she heard a writer in 2011 saying that producers wanted her to return and asked her if she could think of a way to bring Kathy back. She revealed that producer John Yorke told her that killing off Kathy was one of the biggest mistake they've ever made", and the writer who had decided to kill off Kathy regretted it afterwards, though said it was a "good idea at the time". EastEnders spokespeople stated there were currently no plans for Taylforth to return and that some of the producers who had said they wanted Kathy to return had since left. In 2014, Taylforth revealed that she doubts whether Kathy is really dead and said that many EastEnders viewers have written with proposed storylines on how she could make a return to the show."

Perdita
18-02-2015, 13:12
Ben was adopted by Kathy's new husband in South Africa and she and adoptive dad died in a car crash according to the storyline at the time. The first time a character came back from the dead (that I remember) was Bobby Ewing in Dallas and I don't think that worked for most viewers, just nice to see handsome Bobby back on the screen :p I hope this rumour will stay a rumour and not become reality

parkerman
18-02-2015, 13:55
And let's not forget Den's resurrection. That went well. :D

lizann
18-02-2015, 15:01
EE fans are having a nervous breakdown speculating that Kathy's about to rise from the dead but I have my doubts.

I wouldn't be against her returning and think they could find a way if they really wanted, but I think it'd completely overshadow the Lucy reveal (the speculation alone is already threatening to do that).

I think Phil's secret's more likely something to do with Peggy. She was back in Albert Square for a reason last night (and I don't think she flew all that way just to confront Dot).

billy said keep the past dead and buried, peggy mentioned how will sharon react and phil has to talk to ian, phil to tell ian that max killed lucy payback for taking his garage maybe or could dennis rickman be returning another dead man rising up :p

tammyy2j
19-02-2015, 23:05
Kathy looked much younger now that Phil and Ian :p

Dazzle
19-02-2015, 23:39
Article on Kathy's return (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/entries/8ae79566-cf79-4f0e-aaaf-d21f48b42535) from the BBC:

30 years to the day EastEnders was first broadcast, one of EastEnders true icons, Kathy Beale returned to the show in a LIVE scene in tonight’s (19/02/2015) episode.

Last seen in 2000 before returning to South Africa, viewers believed that Kathy was killed in a car crash. However when Kathy comes home to Walford later this year, viewers will learn where Kathy has been and why she has stayed away so long…

Played by Gillian Taylforth, Kathy appeared in the very first episode of EastEnders on the 19th February 1985. As one of the original cast, Gillian soon found herself at the heart of some of the soaps most memorable episodes, creating a character that has never been forgotten in EastEnders history. Storylines included her relationship and subsequent turbulent marriage to Phil Mitchell and the rape of Kathy by Wilmott Brown.

Kathy’s return has been shrouded in secrecy. To keep her return under wraps the scenes were shot live on location to prevent her being seen prior to her episode transmitting.

Talking about her return to EastEnders, Gillian said “When Dominic approached me with his plan, I was so shocked I got into my car and burst into tears! ‘Kathy’ has always been so close to my heart and it’s absolutely wonderful to be returning to the show and reprising the role”

Dominic Treadwell-Collins, Executive Producer said “I have always made my feelings on Kathy Beale and Gillian Taylforth very clear – she is part of EastEnders history, mother to Ian and Ben and one of the most important and iconic television characters on British television. Six months ago, we set ourselves the challenge of bringing Kathy back to the Square in a credible way. And I believe we have succeeded. Viewers will have to keep watching to find out exactly why Kathy ‘died’, where she has been all these years and why she now wants to come home to Albert Square. This is only the beginning of one of the most earth-shattering storylines EastEnders has ever seen…”

Adam Woodyatt who plays Gillian’s on screen son adds “I’m thrilled, I couldn’t be happier. I’ve finally got my mum back! I’ve been keeping this secret for so long and now I just can’t wait to work with her again.”

It says "when Kathy comes home to Walford later this year", so it sounds like she'll be back for good. It's nice that Gillian Taylforth is so happy to be reprising the role of Kathy.

I'm warming to the idea more and more. I can't wait to hear what explanation they come up with and whether Phil knew all along or has just found out.

tammyy2j
19-02-2015, 23:55
Article on Kathy's return (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/entries/8ae79566-cf79-4f0e-aaaf-d21f48b42535) from the BBC. It says \\"when Kathy comes home to Walford later this year\\", so it sounds like she'll be back for good.

I'm warming to the idea more and more. I can't wait to hear what explanation they come up with and whether Phil knew all along or has just found out.

She is in Hollyoaks too coming and going :p Gillian will be very busy

Ian and Sharon's talk of being orphans and all alone now means more that Ian's mother is alive and back

Dazzle
19-02-2015, 23:56
Ian and Sharon's talk of being orphans and all alone now means more that Ian's mother is alive and back

That was a very big clue that the rumours were correct.

lizann
20-02-2015, 02:51
ben will be more messed up now gillian left hollyoaks for her family more for enders more like she lied

xx_Dan_xx
20-02-2015, 12:49
ben will be more messed up now gillian left hollyoaks for her family more for enders more like she lied

I think its too early to say. Ben is troubled and whilst at the beginning he will but I think in time - given how Kathy is when she returns - she may be good for him. I have never seen Kathy so I am not sure what her personality is but if she raised Ian - she can't do worse than Phil because thats where Ben went wrong.

xx_Dan_xx
20-02-2015, 12:49
.Speechless

Dazzle
20-02-2015, 13:46
I think its too early to say. Ben is troubled and whilst at the beginning he will but I think in time - given how Kathy is when she returns - she may be good for him. I have never seen Kathy so I am not sure what her personality is but if she raised Ian - she can't do worse than Phil because thats where Ben went wrong.

That's what makes Kathy playing dead so unbelievable. Kathy hated Phil and knew that he'd destroy sensitive Ben and she'd never have willingly left him with Phil given their history. That's why there needs to be a really well-thought out explanation to make her disappearance credible. Simply saying she went into witness protection say won't cut it as she'd have taken Ben with her. Also she would have at the very least contacted Ben and Ian in all the years she's been gone unless she was physically unable to do so.

I think she needs to have been locked away in prison or something to explain her complete silence. Maybe she was kidnapped?

Perdita
20-02-2015, 14:29
I seem to remember Ben actually living with Ian when he first arrived in England .. Phil bullied Ian to have Ben live with him

Dazzle
20-02-2015, 14:35
I seem to remember Ben actually living with Ian when he first arrived in England .. Phil bullied Ian to have Ben live with him

Good memory! :)

Yes, I think Ian was desperate to keep Ben from Phil but the latter wasn't going to allow that to happen...

lizann
20-02-2015, 14:54
That's what makes Kathy playing dead so unbelievable. Kathy hated Phil and knew that he'd destroy sensitive Ben and she'd never have willingly left him with Phil given their history. That's why there needs to be a really well-thought out explanation to make her disappearance credible. Simply saying she went into witness protection say won't cut it as she'd have taken Ben with her. Also she would have at the very least contacted Ben and Ian in all the years she's been gone unless she was physically unable to do so.

I think she needs to have been locked away in prison or something to explain her complete silence. Maybe she was kidnapped?

pirates had her and forced botox into her :p

Dazzle
20-02-2015, 14:55
pirates had her and forced botox into her :p

:rotfl:

alan45
22-02-2015, 00:06
Who will be the next to return from the dead. Nick, Arfur "He loved this place" Fowler Den again, Dennis Plank.

Sad they cannot get a living character to come back for any family funerals. Shelle

parkerman
22-02-2015, 11:41
They could try getting Frank Butcher back. Now that would be a real feat.

alan45
22-02-2015, 23:46
F..

alan45
22-02-2015, 23:46
They could try getting Frank Butcher back. Now that would be a real feat.

Well he could come back with a new head like so many others before him.
All they would need is the revolving or should that be revolting bow-tie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12BIbKkpovs

Perdita
23-04-2015, 09:32
EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins has shared some good news with fans who are eagerly awaiting Kathy Beale's return - her next on-screen appearance has already been filmed.

Gillian Taylforth made a shock comeback as Kathy in the show's Live Week in February, and she has since been back on set to film another scene as the popular character.

Show chiefs had previously revealed that Kathy is making a full-time return later in the year, but all further details were kept well under wraps.

Treadwell-Collins told Radio Times: "We've storylined her return properly. You'll see a flash of Kathy again fairly soon and then boom! She's already filmed her next little tease."

Kathy's return was one of the biggest surprises of EastEnders' 30th anniversary week. Viewers saw her arrive in a black cab for a meeting with her ex-husband Phil Mitchell on the banks of the Thames, nine years after she had supposedly been killed in an off-screen car accident.

Kathy told Phil that she was keen to return home to Walford to reunite with her family, but he ordered her not to as he felt it would be too much for her sons Ian and Ben to cope with.

Speaking in February, Taylforth commented: "When Dominic approached me with his plan, I was so shocked I got into my car and burst into tears! 'Kathy' has always been so close to my heart and it's absolutely wonderful to be returning to the show and reprising the role."

parkerman
23-04-2015, 13:09
"You'll see a flash of Kathy again fairly soon. She's already filmed her next little tease."

Sounds like a porn film!:eek:

Dazzle
23-04-2015, 13:57
Sounds like a porn film!:eek:

Let's hope it's better acted! :D

parkerman
23-04-2015, 15:58
Let's hope it's better acted! :D
I wouldn't know, Dazzle, I've never seen one....:p

maidmarian
23-04-2015, 16:00

Wonder u didnt post an icon with an halo then.!

maidmarian
23-04-2015, 16:00

Dazzle
23-04-2015, 17:00

Parkerman doesn't need to use the halo icon as his virtuous nature is always evident... :angel:

:rotfl:

parkerman
23-04-2015, 18:13
If you've read my book yet, you'll know what a little angel I was....and still am of course.:D

Dazzle
24-04-2015, 16:15
If you've read my book yet, you'll know what a little angel I was....and still am of course.:D

Ha ha...I haven't had time to read it yet but it's at the top of my reading pile. I'm sooo looking forward to hearing what a good little boy you were! :D

Perdita
19-05-2015, 20:04
We knew it was coming at some point, but EastEnders has now aired another brief teaser scene showing Gillian Taylforth back as Kathy Beale.

Kathy reappeared on screen towards the end of Tuesday's episode (May 19), as she met up with her ex-husband Phil Mitchell in a café.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/21/618x347/soaps-eastenders-phil-meets-kathy.png
Phil meets up with Kathy
© BBC
Phil meets up with Kathy

Phil was seen handing Kathy an envelope of cash, but he also offered a firm warning that he wouldn't be able to carry on helping her.

When Phil also asked whether Kathy's third husband Gavin suspected anything, she replied: "Do you think I'd still be standing if he did?"

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins had first teased the intriguing Kathy scene a month ago, promising that it would pave the way for her permanent return later in the year.

He told Radio Times at the time: "We know that there was a Gavin that she went off with. It's a big, big story with a lot of twists and turns, as you've come to expect from us. There's Gavin, Kathy and there's a lot of Phil involved. It's going to draw in lots of different families from around the Square and it's not going to be easy for her to come back."
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/21/618x347/soaps-eastenders-phil-meets-kathy-2.png
Phil refuses to keep helping Kathy
© BBC
Phil refuses to keep helping Kathy

Speaking to Digital Spy earlier this month, Taylforth's on-screen son Adam Woodyatt (Ian) admitted that he still didn't know what the show's bosses had planned for Kathy's return.

Woodyatt added: "You've got to remember that with the situation that Phil's in, if he does have information about Kathy, it's not just Ian who will be affected - but also his son Ben and his wife Sharon. You've got to think, there's history between Phil and Kathy - massive history. If Kathy came back all of a sudden, where's that going to leave Sharon?"

Taylforth reprised her role as Kathy in EastEnders' 30th anniversary episode in February, which saw Phil forbid her to return to Albert Square.

Kathy's return came as a huge shock to fans, as she was previously thought to be dead following an off-screen road accident in 2006.

Kissinger
23-05-2015, 19:38
so is she here to stay, or just for a few eps????

xx_Dan_xx
23-05-2015, 20:25

I think permanent but this return is too stale.

xx_Dan_xx
23-05-2015, 20:25

Dazzle
24-05-2015, 18:56

How can Kathy's return be stale already when she's only been on screen for a couple of minutes in total so far?

tammyy2j
19-08-2015, 14:21
So far I am not keen or interested in her return as I don think there is a valid enough reason for her to fake her death especially on Ben who was very young and is now so messed up

maidmarian
19-08-2015, 15:27
dupl

maidmarian
19-08-2015, 15:27

Im not a "surprise" person-so I like
spoilers generally.
But recently the amount of speculation
and publicity given to some stories
( on all soaps) has done the story to death
before its even started or got going!

I was looking forward to Kathys return
as I always liked the character . I was
prepared to accept the reason for the return
would probably be a bit "iffy" .Now not
sure.....

I accept in a way the producers blurb-
but now some actors "bigging themselves
up" and sometimes worse than producers.

They are soap actors!! (.and I enjoy soaps)
but they are not saviours of humanity!
last bit not directed at GT(aka Kathy)

Dazzle
19-08-2015, 22:16
So far I am not keen or interested in her return as I don think there is a valid enough reason for her to fake her death especially on Ben who was very young and is now so messed up

I was disappointed at Tuesday's episode when Phil implied Kathy chose to fake her death. I think he said something like "you always run away". I've since realised that he might not know the full truth of why she did it.

I'm prepared to accept an unrealistic excuse, but what I won't be able to forgive will be Kathy choosing to abandon her sons - especially since Ben ended up with Phil who she understandably hated at the time. Kathy must have had no other choice for it to be acceptable to me.

I must admit I'm enjoying the storyline otherwise, and am looking forward to her scenes with Ian and Ben. I just hope the reason for the faking of her death won't spoil it.

xx_Dan_xx
20-08-2015, 13:46
I was disappointed at Tuesday's episode when Phil implied Kathy chose to fake her death. I think he said something like "you always run away". I've since realised that he might not know the full truth of why she did it.

I'm prepared to accept an unrealistic excuse, but what I won't be able to forgive will be Kathy choosing to abandon her sons - especially since Ben ended up with Phil who she understandably hated at the time. Kathy must have had no other choice for it to be acceptable to me.

I must admit I'm enjoying the storyline otherwise, and am looking forward to her scenes with Ian and Ben. I just hope the reason for the faking of her death won't spoil it.

I'm interested in seeing her take on what Ben has become. Has Phil even told her what Ben has done (Killing Heather, mugging Lucy, assaulting that kid of Lucas's)?

tammyy2j
20-08-2015, 15:08
I'm interested in seeing her take on what Ben has become. Has Phil even told her what Ben has done (Killing Heather, mugging Lucy, assaulting that kid of Lucas's)?

Has Phil known all along she was alive or only recently?

So many unanswered questions and plot holes in her return so far

Kissinger
21-08-2015, 12:24
if she has no acting work on, then my guess is she will do a stint on EE in the hope she has some work, until of course it gets to much for her, then leaves "to pursue other avenues"

Dazzle
21-08-2015, 16:33
if she has no acting work on, then my guess is she will do a stint on EE in the hope she has some work, until of course it gets to much for her, then leaves "to pursue other avenues"

Gillian has said in interviews that she's thrilled to be back and has wanted to return for years. Her career outside of EE has been OK but nothing spectacular, so I doubt she'll leave again of her own volition (unless she retires).

Perdita
24-08-2015, 16:58
EastEnders legend Kathy Beale looks set to finally be arrested for her fake death scam.

Gillian Taylforth has been out on location today (August 24) for some dramatic scenes which see her iconic character in handcuffs.

The police are being led by none other than Phil Mitchell's long-time enemy DCI Marsden (Sophie Stanton), who'll surely have a lot to say when she discovers that Kathy is back from the dead.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/35/618x411/soaps-eastenders-kathy-beale-police-1.jpg
Sophie Stanton and Gillian Taylforth film EastEnders on location
© BBC / Jack Barnes

Cast and crew at EastEnders are filming the scenes in Notting Hill, where it's thought that Kathy has been living with her fearsome husband Gavin Sullivan.

The couple have been living under new identities after being 'killed' in a car accident in 2006, but could this be the moment that the deception comes crashing down for both of them? Or will it just be Kathy who feels the full force of the law?
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/35/618x411/soaps-eastenders-kathy-marsden-1.jpg
© BBC / Jack Barnes

Exact details of the storyline won't be revealed until nearer the time of transmission in the autumn, but the arrest may not necessarily be bad news for Kathy.

Last week's episodes saw Kathy tell Phil (Steve McFadden) that she was prepared to face the consequences of faking her death if it meant she could return home to Albert Square in the long run.

Now in the hands of DCI Marsden, could Kathy have got her wish?

EastEnders continues tonight (August 24) at 8pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a665011/eastenders-spoilers-kathy-beale-seen-in-handcuffs-as-show-films-dramatic-location-scenes.html#ixzz3jkTRefJw

maidmarian
24-08-2015, 17:14
re spoilers above - looking forward to Paul
Nicholas playing "fearsome"!

maidmarian
24-08-2015, 17:14
dupl

Perdita
24-08-2015, 17:16
EastEnders legend Kathy Beale looks set to finally be arrested for her fake death scam.

Gillian Taylforth has been out on location today (August 24) for some dramatic scenes which see her iconic character in handcuffs.

The police are being led by none other than Phil Mitchell's long-time enemy DCI Marsden (Sophie Stanton), who'll surely have a lot to say when she discovers that Kathy is back from the dead.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/35/618x411/soaps-eastenders-kathy-beale-police-1.jpg
© BBC / Jack Barnes

Cast and crew at EastEnders are filming the scenes in Notting Hill, where it's thought that Kathy has been living with her fearsome husband Gavin Sullivan.

The couple have been living under new identities after being 'killed' in a car accident in 2006, but could this be the moment that the deception comes crashing down for both of them? Or will it just be Kathy who feels the full force of the law?
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/35/618x411/soaps-eastenders-kathy-marsden-1.jpg
© BBC / Jack Barnes

Exact details of the storyline won't be revealed until nearer the time of transmission in the autumn, but the arrest may not necessarily be bad news for Kathy.

Last week's episodes saw Kathy tell Phil (Steve McFadden) that she was prepared to face the consequences of faking her death if it meant she could return home to Albert Square in the long run.

Now in the hands of DCI Marsden, could Kathy have got her wish?

EastEnders continues tonight (August 24) at 8pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a665011/eastenders-spoilers-kathy-beale-seen-in-handcuffs-as-show-films-dramatic-location-scenes.html#ixzz3jkTRefJw

So Kathy has lived in the London area all this time and was never spotted by anyone? :eek: :wall:

parkerman
24-08-2015, 18:37
Notting Hill? Is that in the house where Sharon's father lives?

Dazzle
24-08-2015, 19:00
Notting Hill? Is that in the house where Sharon's father lives?

It's long been suspected by many fans that Sharon's father (Gavin) and Kathy's husband (Gavin) are one and the same. The "coincidence" of both of them living in Notting Hill appears to prove this is indeed the case.

parkerman
24-08-2015, 19:29
Presumably Phil knows about this.

lizann
24-08-2015, 19:54
so den and gavin were mates but kathy met gavin abroad

good that marsbar still around after phil

lizann
24-08-2015, 19:54

good that marsbar still around after phil

storyseeker1
24-08-2015, 23:39
It's long been suspected by many fans that Sharon's father (Gavin) and Kathy's husband (Gavin) are one and the same. The "coincidence" of both of them living in Notting Hill appears to prove this is indeed the case.

Great...as if things couldn't get more complicated. :p And from what we've found out so far, this Gavin sounds like a psycho and control freak (should fit perfectly in EE then), so chances are it's not going to be a happy family reunion for him and Sharon then. She never catches any breaks, does she?

Dazzle
24-08-2015, 23:58

I've read (but don't hold me to it!) that their meeting wasn't coincidental and that it was a mutual acquantaince who introduced them (possibly her brother?).

Great...as if things couldn't get more complicated. :p And from what we've found out so far, this Gavin sounds like a psycho and control freak (should fit perfectly in EE then), so chances are it's not going to be a happy family reunion for him and Sharon then. She never catches any breaks, does she?

DTC's said "Gavin will be one of the biggest villains in the show's history" and that he's "going to be an EastEnders villain like no other", so expect the worst. Poor Sharon... http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/afraid/smileys-afraid-990255.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

(Quotes taken from: http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a655184/eastenders-spoilers-kathys-husband-gavin-will-be-a-villain-like-no-other-says-show-boss.html#~pmk1AUtzGGimHt)

storyseeker1
25-08-2015, 00:14
I've read (but don't hold me to it!) that their meeting wasn't coincidental and that it was a mutual acquantaince who introduced them (possibly her brother?).

DTC's said \\"Gavin will be one of the biggest villains in the show's history\\" and that he's \\"going to be an EastEnders villain like no other\\", so expect the worst. Poor Sharon... http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/afraid/smileys-afraid-990255.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

(Quotes taken from: http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a655184/eastenders-spoilers-kathys-husband-gavin-will-be-a-villain-like-no-other-says-show-boss.html#~pmk1AUtzGGimHt (\\"http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a655184/eastenders-spoilers-kathys-husband-gavin-will-be-a-villain-like-no-other-says-show-boss.html#~pmk1AUtzGGimHt\\"))

That's going to be quite a stretch to believe, considering the number of villains that have shown up over the years in EE. I wonder what's so different about this guy.

On the other hand, at least it gives me some hope that maybe there's more to Kathy's disappearance than just simple money and insurance scam. If this Gavin is really as bad, then chances are maybe she didn't have a choice in the matter, like if she had refused then it would have ended with her death?

Dazzle
25-08-2015, 00:18
On the other hand, at least it gives me some hope that maybe there's more to Kathy's disappearance than just simple money and insurance scam. If this Gavin is really as bad, then chances are maybe she didn't have a choice in the matter, like if she had refused then it would have ended with her death?

Yes, there must be more to Kathy's faked death than Phil knows if DTC wants a hope in hell's chance of convincing EE fans that her resurrection works.

maidmarian
25-08-2015, 00:22

m

DTC's said \"Gavin will be one of the biggest villains in the show's history\" and that he's \"going to be an EastEnders villain like no other\", so expect the worst. Poor Sharon... http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/afraid/smileys-afraid-990255.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

(Quotes taken from: http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a655184/eastenders-spoilers-kathys-husband-gavin-will-be-a-villain-like-no-other-says-show-boss.html#~pmk1AUtzGGimHt (\"http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a655184/eastenders-spoilers-kathys-husband-gavin-will-be-a-villain-like-no-other-says-show-boss.html#~pmk1AUtzGGimHt\"))

Are we "absolutely"certain about who was Sharons
birth mother?with no possible ret-cons or changes.

I did miss some episodes around that time and
have started to wonder if this could be where
some drama arises?

maidmarian
25-08-2015, 00:22

m

DTC's said \"Gavin will be one of the biggest villains in the show's history\" and that he's \"going to be an EastEnders villain like no other\", so expect the worst. Poor Sharon... http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/afraid/smileys-afraid-990255.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

(Quotes taken from: http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a655184/eastenders-spoilers-kathys-husband-gavin-will-be-a-villain-like-no-other-says-show-boss.html#~pmk1AUtzGGimHt (\"http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a655184/eastenders-spoilers-kathys-husband-gavin-will-be-a-villain-like-no-other-says-show-boss.html#~pmk1AUtzGGimHt\"))

some drama arises?

storyseeker1
25-08-2015, 00:26

some drama arises?

Afraid that's way before my time. I only got interested in the show in the last few years, but as far as I know yes Sharon's birth mother was confirmed.

Dazzle
25-08-2015, 00:32
Are we \"absolutely\"certain about who was Sharons

I can't remember the details either. Sharon's certainly convinced, but in a universe where long-dead parents habitually rise from the grave, murderers and rapists are ten-a-penny, and Phil Mitchell is invincible, I don't think we can be certain of anything. :D

tammyy2j
25-08-2015, 16:28
Did Ian go to South Africa or South America to ID Kathy's body and bring her home for burial?

I know he brought Ben back with him

Perdita
25-08-2015, 16:49
Did Ian go to South Africa or South America to ID Kathy's body and bring her home for burial?

I know he brought Ben back with him

He went to South Africa

tammyy2j
25-08-2015, 16:58
He went to South Africa

I knew it was South something :p but did he ID her body or was it too badly burnt from crash, was she buried or ashes scattered home with Ian

Dazzle
25-08-2015, 17:18
I knew it was South something :p but did he ID her body or was it too badly burnt from crash, was she buried or ashes scattered home with Ian

I believe when Ian arrived in South Africa she'd already been buried.

Perdita
25-08-2015, 17:24
I am not sure it was mentioned now, maybe somebody else has a better memory :hmm:

lizann
25-08-2015, 18:14
did kathy not have a big funeral or was that cindy i have vague memory of hearse outside cafe stopped with wreaths

parkerman
25-08-2015, 22:01
Wasn't that Pete? Of course, we never actually saw Pete's body either. Hmmmmm.....:hmm::hmm:

lizann
26-08-2015, 00:19
Wasn't that Pete? Of course, we never actually saw Pete's body either. Hmmmmm.....:hmm::hmm:

he is next walking dead to return

Perdita
03-09-2015, 04:57
EastEnders star Gillian Taylforth has revealed that Kathy's sons Ian Beale and Ben Mitchell could forgive her for faking her own death.

Kathy faces a tough ride over the coming months as she comes clean with her loved ones about her whereabouts over the last nine years.

However, the question on everyone's lips is how Ian and Ben will react upon learning that Kathy let them grieve for their mother when she wasn't actually dead.

Speaking at an EastEnders press event about how Kathy will explain herself to her sons, Taylforth said: "I don't know how she is going to it but she will have to find a way.

"There are reasons why this manipulative Gavin, who is a control freak, got hold of her and controls everything she does.

"Kathy has become someone who can't function without him, but hopefully she will get the boys back. She has to explain so much to them but bit by bit, you found out why she has become the person she has done."

"They start understanding that their mum has been brainwashed. They understand and I am hoping they forgive her."

Taylforth admitted that she initially had trouble understanding Kathy's reasons for abandoning her sons.

She said: "As a mother myself, I can't even think about driving off and leaving my children. There is an episode where she talks about driving off and waving at him, knowing she wasn't coming back.

"Gavin made her do it [the insurance scam] but Ben thought she was coming back and she knew she was never going to see him again.

"Young Harry, who plays Ben, is such a fantastic actor. He is really fantastic and the scenes I did with him a few weeks ago were brilliant."

Perdita
03-09-2015, 04:59
EastEnders executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins has explained his decision to bring Kathy Beale back from the dead.

Kathy (Gillian Taylforth) was killed off screen in a car accident in 2006, but it has recently become apparent that her death was part of an insurance scam concocted by her manipulative husband Gavin.

Speaking at an EastEnders press event, Treadwell-Collins discussed his reasons for bringing Kathy back this year, admitting that it was important that the story was credible.

He said: "When I came back, Alex [Lamb, story producer], Sharon [Batten, serious producer] and myself always said we wanted Kathy back but we kept saying we would only do it if we had a credible story to bring her back.

"The anniversary felt like the right time. It was about going back to our history and bringing back a Beale matriarch that we all want to see. Gillian and I saw each other at the RTS awards and Gillian said she wanted to come back.

"We went and sat in a corner and everyone was looking at us. I then said to the writers "This is your challenge : make it credible. If it is credible, it will happen" and the rest is history. This is the flip side of the canoe man story that happened in real life. We wouldn't have done it if it wasn't credible."

Treadwell-Collins also described Kathy's return as like the "avengers assemble", adding that Gavin will be the most dangerous villain the show has ever seen.

He said: "I said the other day that it is a bit like the avengers assemble because you've got Gillian Taylworth, you've got Adam Woodyatt, you've Letitia Dean, you've got Steve Mcfadden.

"And then adding into that mix you've got Harry Reid, who I think has made Ben Mitchell utterly his own and you are about to see some amazing, amazing stuff from him over the next few months."

"Then there is Paul Nicholas, who has created the most manipulative and dangerous EastEnders villain we have ever had. He makes Archie Mitchell look like a care bear."

tammyy2j
03-09-2015, 15:12
An insurance scam isn't credible, Kathy is a rape victim, was married to Phil and slept with Grant but cowers for this husband Gavin so lies to her sons she died, always thought Kathy was a strong character

maidmarian
03-09-2015, 15:28
An insurance scam isn't credible, Kathy is a rape victim, was married to Phil and slept with Grant but cowers for this husband Gavin so lies to her sons she died, always thought Kathy was a strong character

Kathy was as you describe and basically a decent
strong woman and a good mother. Its the
complete change of personality I will find
difficult to believe.
And another Doormat is born!!

And Paul Nicholas will have a job to outdo
"Archie" who I thought was a believably evil
person- without being panto or ridiculous!

p.s. 2 small points John Darwin on whose
scam this was based was missing for 5 years
-Kathy for 9 yrs- nearly double - so adds to
disbelief.
Sharon Batten is described in above
interview as serious producer -does this
mean the others are now officially jokes.
Typo for series?

maidmarian
03-09-2015, 15:28
dupl

Dazzle
03-09-2015, 18:24

I think it'll all depend on how Kathy and Gavin's relationship comes across on screen. If you read or watch any real life domestic abuse (including psychological abuse) stories, it's always said even the strongest person can become a victim. I think if she'd come to rely on Gavin during a very vulnerable period of her life it could be credible, especially as she was living thousands of miles away from her home and support network.

I hope a lot of thought has gone into making it credible.

And another Doormat is born!!

Let's hope this story is the start of Kathy finding the strength to break away from Gavin.

And Paul Nicholas will have a job to outdo
"Archie" who I thought was a believably evil
person- without being panto or ridiculous!

You're right, Archie was a fantastically evil villain without veering into being panto. It's hard to imagine how Gavin will outdo him.

storyseeker1
03-09-2015, 19:54

So was Peggy when she was with Archie, but she still ended up marrying him (only for a hew hours mind you, but still). The problem with these type of guys, is that they don't start crushing people's souls right away. They start off small, through suggestion and manipulation; so small that their victims don't even notice it. I think if Gavin had done something big straight away, like hit her or something, Kathy would have immediately squared up to him and left. But like I said, they always start off with something unnoticeable, suggesting things like "You shouldn't do that," or "Try this. It's better". You do what they say because what they ask first isn't that big of a deal, and you don't want to cause a fuss. Then, over time, they have more and more 'suggestions' that become more and more elaborate and commanding, and before you know it, you wake up and find yourself doing everything they want you to do, with no freewill of your own.

It's so easy to happen. Even the strongest willed people have ended up losing their inner strength because of people like that.

maidmarian
03-09-2015, 19:56
I think it'll all depend on how Kathy and Gavin's relationship comes across on screen. If you read or watch any real life domestic abuse (including psychological abuse) stories, it's always said even the strongest person can become a victim. I think if she'd come to rely on Gavin during a very vulnerable period of her life it could be credible, especially as she was living thousands of miles away from her home and support network.

I hope a lot of thought has gone into making it credible.

**part of my reply /in wrong place-sorry
I do know what you mean about Kathy & Gavin.
Women in that position can lose their self-confidence
and end up in a version of "Stockholm Syndrome"!
And I hope she can break away-otherwise a good
character spoilt.**

Let's hope this story is the start of Kathy finding the strength to break away from Gavin.

You're right, Archie was a fantastically evil villain without veering into being panto. It's hard to imagine how Gavin will outdo him.

Regarding making the story credible. Two things-

Im sorry to say I dont take much notice of
who the writers are -but hopefully it will
be the ones who have written recent Shabnam
episodes -not the "Dean" ones.But as story
will run for some time-probably a mixture.

Secondly -as you have said it depends how
its explained to Ian &Ben and their reaction.
As Ben was a small boy when Kathy left
him - might expect he would be most bitter
But it may not turn out that way - small
boys can be very protective of their mothers
- especially if they are old enough to understand
bad treatment and remember it.
So lets hope all facets of story well - thought
out!!

I think the unbelievability of scam rests
not on Kathy being bullied/co-erced into
it but on the fact they got away with it -at all
and for so long.
Also that it will come to light through confession
rather than normal processes!

maidmarian
03-09-2015, 19:56
dupl

tammyy2j
03-09-2015, 21:49
For Kathy to abandon her sons especially young Ben and let them believe she was dead as Gavin was or is that bad why didn't she try to leave or end her life as sons think she is dead already

It will be hard for anyone to out do Archie, Larry Lamb played him brilliantly

Dazzle
04-09-2015, 11:13
I think the unbelievability of scam rests
not on Kathy being bullied/co-erced into
it but on the fact they got away with it -at all
and for so long.
Also that it will come to light through confession
rather than normal processes!

The way I look at it is that the so-called "canoe man" and his wife got away with it until they regretted it and decided they wanted their old lives back. It's reasonable to assume therefore that there must be others who've got away with it completely.

For Kathy to abandon her sons especially young Ben and let them believe she was dead as Gavin was or is that bad why didn't she try to leave or end her life as sons think she is dead already

The key phrase in the spoiler to explain Kathy's actions is "brainwashing". At the moment I'm waiting to hear it from Kathy's lips before I decide whether I find her explanation for abandoning her sons credible or not. I think it sounds promising though, and at least it's different than witness protection.

maidmarian
04-09-2015, 12:34
The way I look at it is that the so-called "canoe man" and his wife got away with it until they regretted it and decided they wanted their old lives back. It's reasonable to assume therefore that there must be others who've got away with it completely.

The key phrase in the spoiler to explain Kathy's actions is "brainwashing". At the moment I'm waiting to hear it from Kathy's lips before I decide whether I find her explanation for abandoning her sons credible or not. I think it sounds promising though, and at least it's different than witness protection.

A lot does depend on Kathys explanation and
how well she puts it over.I hope it does sound
believable- as I like the character.
And she achieved what for me is the almost
impossible- making P Mitchell seem romantic!
In the early days on the banks of the Seine in
Paris!

re " Canoe man" - it was a very convulted plot
but I thought the police were suspicious already
because of wifes behaviour and were investigating
( this would be actual police-not soap police!)

And the reason canoe man decided to come
back and feign amnesia was due to change in
Panamas visa laws which would have meant
he would have been discovered.-and ended up
in a less hospitable prison than one of ours!?

so went for the better option? but would have
been found out anyway?

maidmarian
04-09-2015, 12:34

A lot does depend on Kathys explanation and
how well she puts it over.I hope it does sound
believable- as I like the character.
And she achieved what for me is the almost
impossible- making P Mitchell seem romantic!
In the early days on the banks of the Seine in
Paris!

re " Canoe man" - it was a very convulted plot
but I thought the police were suspicious already
because of wifes behaviour and were investigating
( this would be actual police-not soap police!)

And the reason canoe man decided to come
back and feign amnesia was due to change in
Panamas visa laws which would have meant
he would have been discovered.-and ended up
in a less hospitable prison than one of ours!?

so went for the better option? but would have
been found out anyway?

Dazzle
04-09-2015, 13:16
I just had a quick look at the John Darwin (Canoe Man) wiki page. It seems the police were suspicious because his wife hadn't been behaving like a grieving widow and had bought a property in Panama, and also due to an overheard phone conversation. There were no charges until John showed back up though, so they got away with it for five years.

I think there's bound to be a few people in the world living off the proceeds of their faked deaths. It's impossible that 100% of people are caught for any crime.

Perdita
04-09-2015, 13:19
Lord Lucan was never found ... :ninja:

Siobhan
04-09-2015, 13:37

If she was brainwashed by Gavin, she could have been led to believed that her sons would be killed so she abandoned them to protect them, especially young Ben

Siobhan
04-09-2015, 13:37

If she was brainwashed by Gavin, she could have been led to believed that her sons would be killed so she abandoned them to protect them, especially young Ben

tammyy2j
04-09-2015, 16:21

I await to see how he brainwashed her

maidmarian
04-09-2015, 16:29
Lord Lucan was never found ... :ninja:

True - but then his main crime was murder!
At the risk of sounding cynical -the law is
harsher on crimes of property (.money etc)than
crimes against the person(.murder rape sexual
&physical assault) The punishments for financial
crimes are harsher snd more rescources put into
solving them.
Id have to say that changed a bit recently due
to the avalanche of child sexual abuse cases
going back decades. That has changed the balance
at least for now.

Some people think Lord Lucan is still alive
or if not only recently deceased - S Africa
has been mentioned.
As a British "Lord" is/was a member of a very
self -protective club-who really look.after their
own.!!
Anyway hes definitely not in my garden shed!!!

Perdita
04-09-2015, 17:05
True - but then his main crime was murder!
At the risk of sounding cynical -the law is
harsher on crimes of property (.money etc)than
crimes against the person(.murder rape sexual
&physical assault) The punishments for financial
crimes are harsher snd more rescources put into
solving them.
Id have to say that changed a bit recently due
to the avalanche of child sexual abuse cases
going back decades. That has changed the balance
at least for now.

Some people think Lord Lucan is still alive
or if not only recently deceased - S Africa
has been mentioned.
As a British "Lord" is/was a member of a very
self -protective club-who really look.after their
own.!!
Anyway hes definitely not in my garden shed!!!

:hmm: Only got your word for that :p:D

maidmarian
04-09-2015, 17:14
:hmm: Only got your word for that :p:D

Very true!!:cheer::)

Perdita
05-09-2015, 05:25
Kathy Beale is back from the dead in the new trailer for EastEnders.

The formidable character - played by Gillian Taylforth - returns to Albert Square next Friday (August 11), ten years after faking her own death.

EastEnders Gillian Taylforth on Kathy return: 'I can't wait to get into The Vic and the cafe'

Kathy was at the centre of one of EastEnders' biggest ever surprises in February when she briefly reappeared in the show's 30th anniversary week, following her off-screen 'death' in 2006.

Executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins recently explained his decision to bring Kathy back.

"When I came back, Alex [Lamb, story producer], Sharon [Batten, series producer] and myself always said we wanted Kathy back but we kept saying we would only do it if we had a credible story to bring her back," he said.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a667009/kathy-beale-is-back-from-the-dead-in-the-new-eastenders-trailer.html#ixzz3kppicAqY

lizann
06-09-2015, 20:06
her return ad is awful hope the end storyline is better

xx_Dan_xx
10-09-2015, 16:45
The thing I am annoyed about is Sharon (Atleast we know she will) will decide Ian and Ben are better off without her and should remain dead. She can bugger off because it's Ian's and Ben's choice whether they want anything to do with Kathy when they find out. Just annoys me that Sharon can just decide for herself.

maidmarian
10-09-2015, 17:05
The thing I am annoyed about is Sharon (Atleast we know she will) will decide Ian and Ben are better off without her and should remain dead. She can bugger off because it's Ian's and Ben's choice whether they want anything to do with Kathy when they find out. Just annoys me that Sharon can just decide for herself.

Well -if thats what Sharon decides?- from
the spoilers pics we saw - the decision
wont have much effect !!! at least not.for
long.

But its a general fault in soaps( and real
life).that well- meaning people keep info
from others on the grounds it will upset
or be bad for them!!

When no one really knows how some one
else feels inside-they can only guess.
With small children it can be for protection
- but not for adults.

In real life the truth will usually emerge -
but now there may be additional bitterness!

In soaps keeping info from.characters is
often a ploy to pad a story out a bit!!

maidmarian
10-09-2015, 17:05

Well -if thats what Sharon decides?- from
the spoilers pics we saw - the decision
wont have much effect !!! at least not.for
long.

But its a general fault in soaps( and real
life).that well- meaning people keep info
from others on the grounds it will upset
or be bad for them!!

When no one really knows how some one
else feels inside-they can only guess.
With small children it can be for protection
- but not for adults.

In real life the truth will usually emerge -
but now there may be additional bitterness!

In soaps keeping info from.characters is
often a ploy to pad a story out a bit!!

lizann
10-09-2015, 19:45

sharon and kathy don't get on over mitchell brothers

tammyy2j
10-09-2015, 22:03
Sharon of all people knows what it is like for a dead parent to show up, she should tell Ian after all he is her best friend or even like a brother to her :angry:

Dazzle
10-09-2015, 23:35
Sharon of all people knows what it is like for a dead parent to show up, she should tell Ian after all he is her best friend or even like a brother to her :angry:

Maybe her head's spinning trying to keep track of all the secrets flying around? :D

Or perhaps Kathy asks her to keep quiet so she has a chance to break the news to Ian herself?

Talking about Sharon's comment that Ian's like a brother to her: remember the DNA test they took that was corrupt and didn't provide an answer, and given the very popular theory that Gavin is Sharon's real father - DTC wouldn't retcon Gavin as Ian's father too...would he????!!!!! :eek:

Perdita
12-09-2015, 05:11
EastEnders gives you all of the gossip on Kathy Beale's return to Albert Square in a mini-documentary.

Just as Kathy makes her long-awaited return to Walford, take a walk down memory lane for a brief history of the iconic character in the video below:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a668135/eastenders-reveals-the-secrets-of-kathy-beales-return-in-a-new-mini-documentary.html#~po2yRHTwdOfg2w

Far from just a retrospective, Gillian Taylforth also reveals secrets from filming her shocking return to the Square earlier in the year.

"I remember the director saying to me, 'Let's milk it'," Taylforth recalled. "It was like, wring them udders! I think I milked it for all I could."

EastEnders viewers were stunned when it was revealed that Kathy had faked her tragic death many years ago for an insurance scam.

Gillian Taylforth: 'Hollyoaks was fun but EastEnders feels more like home'
EastEnders boss had his doubts about Kathy return until he remembered a Coronation Street plot

Now that she's back on the scene, Kathy is all set to rumble with long-time lover Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) and Sharon Watts (Letitia Dean) in the weeks ahead.

EastEnders continues on BBC One – now with much more Tracey the Barmaid.

digitalspy

lizann
13-09-2015, 20:44
so will kathy and phil ignite their past romance

Dazzle
13-09-2015, 20:52
so will kathy and phil ignite their past romance

Almost certainly. They already had a "moment" in the garage. :sick:

I really want Phil to stay faithful to Sharon though (and I definitely don't want to see her being his doormat). Perhaps we'll be pleasantly surprised?

tammyy2j
14-09-2015, 22:42
I think Sharon is thinking of herself and her marriage to Phil so wants Kathy gone and to stay dead

xx_Dan_xx
14-09-2015, 23:12
Won't Kathy be arrested if she comes back permanetly on the square or will the whole square just keep quiet and not inform the authorities. The latter seems unlikely because its ground 0 for the police.

tammyy2j
14-09-2015, 23:16
Won't Kathy be arrested if she comes back permanetly on the square or will the whole square just keep quiet and not inform the authorities. The latter seems unlikely because its ground 0 for the police.

Phil, Peggy, Billy, Sharon, Ronnie, Tracy and Mick all know she is alive now

xx_Dan_xx
14-09-2015, 23:28
Phil, Peggy, Billy, Sharon, Ronnie, Tracy and Mick all know she is alive now

Of course, this is the same people hiding Lucy's killer and would of hid Dot from the police. The truth is an alien concept to them.

xx_Dan_xx
14-09-2015, 23:28

Dazzle
15-09-2015, 00:35

There's a spoiler showing Kathy being arrested. If she wants her old life back she needs to officially re-assume her identity - meaning the police will find out whether the residents of Albert Square are prepared to keep her secret or not.

This is the post: http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22648-Kathy-Beale-%28Gillian-Taylforth%29&p=828998#post828998

Obviously she won't be held for long, though I can't imagine why. Perhaps she does some kind of deal?

Confusingly, she appears to be living with Gavin in Notting Hill when she's arrested... :hmm:

lizann
15-09-2015, 01:05
did kathy or phil say when they made contact with each other

storyseeker1
15-09-2015, 02:12
I just remembered; when Sharon first went to that solicitor to ask about who her birth father really was, the solicitor mentioned about hearing someone with the name 'Gavin'. Sharon and...Ian, was it? went to see Dot in prison, to ask if she knew anyone with that name.

Dazzle
15-09-2015, 17:46

Kathy emailed Phil when she heard Ben had been convicted of Heather's manslaughter, so it was several years ago. I think the evening of the live episode was the first time they met in person.

I just remembered; when Sharon first went to that solicitor to ask about who her birth father really was, the solicitor mentioned about hearing someone with the name 'Gavin'. Sharon and...Ian, was it? went to see Dot in prison, to ask if she knew anyone with that name.

Yes, it's a very popular fan theory that Gavin is Sharon's biological father, and the writers seem to be hinting at it with Sharon's remark about Ian being like a brother to her (they'll be step-siblings if she is Gavin's daughter).

tammyy2j
15-09-2015, 21:12

Kathy said tonight she contacted Phil when she heard about Heather's death

xx_Dan_xx
15-09-2015, 21:19
Kathy said tonight she contacted Phil when she heard about Heather's death

And Phil told Ronnie the same thing when Ronnie first found out.

xx_Dan_xx
15-09-2015, 21:19

lizann
15-09-2015, 22:07
sally gavin sister helped fake the deaths

tammyy2j
02-12-2015, 13:16
So Kathy received to jail time for faking her death for insurance money

parkerman
02-12-2015, 14:01
So Kathy received to jail time for faking her death for insurance money

She got a suspended sentence....so if she fakes her own death again it's off to jail with her for two years.

maidmarian
02-12-2015, 14:28
She got a suspended sentence....so if she fakes her own death again it's off to jail with her for two years.

I missed the episode -so not sure if the
suspension was conditional or unconditional.
Like most legal matters it is complicated!

But I thought if it was condtional the sentence
could be re-instituted if the person committed
any crime??

parkerman
02-12-2015, 16:30
I missed the episode -so not sure if the
suspension was conditional or unconditional.
Like most legal matters it is complicated!

But I thought if it was condtional the sentence
could be re-instituted if the person committed
any crime??
It wasn't made clear, mm. She just told Ian and Jane that she'd got two years suspended.

lizann
02-12-2015, 18:31
no mention of paying back the insurance money

lizann
16-02-2016, 20:14
her daughter donna is dead if i remember rightly

Perdita
16-02-2016, 20:23
her daughter donna is dead if i remember rightly

You remember rightly ... Donna overdosed on heroin and died

lizann
28-04-2016, 21:13
an affair with buster on the cards for kathy

Dazzle
28-04-2016, 22:10
an affair with buster on the cards for kathy

I guess it's better than an affair with Phil...

lizann
28-04-2016, 22:12

he has already too many women carmel next for him :p if she stops stalking massood

lizann
28-04-2016, 22:12

he has already too many women carmel next for him :p if she stops stalking massood

tammyy2j
17-08-2016, 15:04
Her return has been quite a let down a complete damp squib (pun on Buster :p) so far

Dazzle
18-08-2016, 13:45
Her return has been quite a let down a complete damp squib (pun on Buster :p) so far

What was the point of compromising EE's credibility if they didn't have big plans for the character?

parkerman
18-08-2016, 16:07
What was the point of compromising EE's credibility if they didn't have big plans for the character?
I seem to remember they had big plans for Gavin as well as the greatest villain unhung. A complete waste of time investing in a ridiculous story to bring either or both of them back. But that was DTC for you!

lizann
05-12-2016, 20:16
changing her name back to beale why? Go back to her original own surname

tammyy2j
06-12-2016, 12:48
changing her name back to beale why? Go back to her original own surname

She is still married to Gavin

Dazzle
06-12-2016, 23:52
She is still married to Gavin

She can call herself whatever she likes, though presumably she also intends on changing her name legally. The Beale thing would make sense to me if she only had Ian (or if Ben was also a Beale), but as things stand it would be more diplomatic to go back to her maiden name.

SOC obviously just wants Kathy Beale back in all her glory :D (and in fairness she's much improved lately, and putting her back in the cafe was a good move).

Perdita
07-12-2016, 04:14
She can call herself whatever she likes, though presumably she also intends on changing her name legally. The Beale thing would make sense to me if she only had Ian (or if Ben was also a Beale), but as things stand it would be more diplomatic to go back to her maiden name.

SOC obviously just wants Kathy Beale back in all her glory :D (and in fairness she's much improved lately, and putting her back in the cafe was a good move).

I get all that but somehow I am still finding it hard to like the character the way I did before she "died" .... maybe because of the more than ridiculous storyline(s) involved with her return ... :searchme:

Perdita
23-09-2017, 05:01
EastEnders has reintroduced one of its biggest villains of all time, with James Willmott-Brown unveiled as the returning character from Kathy Beale's past.

Fan speculation has been in overdrive since yesterday's episode ended with a mystery figure leaving flowers among the tributes to Steven Beale outside the burned-out restaurant.

Willmott-Brown – played by William Boyde – is the evil businessman who raped Kathy back in 1988, serving a three-year prison sentence as a result.

The other big talking point this week has been the fact that Fi Browning and Josh Hemmings were revealed to be siblings – and EastEnders continued to connect all the dots in tonight's big episode.

Friday's scenes saw Max Branning collect his old cell mate Luke from prison and take him home, where his sister Fi, his half-brother Josh, and his uncle Hugo (previously known only as Weyland & Co's mysterious Chairman) were waiting for him.

It was then revealed that Fi, Luke and Josh are all Willmott-Brown's children – the elder two from his marriage to Elizabeth Browning, and Josh from his later relationship with Wendy Hemmings.

The plot twist became clear when Max was introduced to Willmott-Brown in the closing moments of the episode.

Viewers have known for a while that a vengeful Max has teamed up with the Chairman of Weyland and Co, who appears to have some big and worrying plans for Walford. Although Max's intentions were always revenge-focused, it was never entirely clear who he was actually working for – or why – but it's now apparent that the Chairman is Willmott-Brown's brother-in-law Hugo, the brother of his first wife.

With the help of his family, Willmott-Brown will continue his mission to slowly take over Albert Square in a story of power, control, money and revenge.

We can reveal that the family are planning to destroy everything and anyone in their way – with it looking like the Carters are in big trouble thanks to Hugo's announcement tonight regarding The Vic.

However, Max has no idea of Willmott-Brown's history or connections to Walford, only that he claims to be a wronged man – like him.

This storyline has been secretly plotted since Max returned to Walford at Christmas and will come to a head over the coming months.

Those involved in the plan were sworn to secrecy about their involvement with Willmott-Brown and each other, but with each family member having their own agenda, can any of them really trust each other? And with ruthless Willmott-Brown ruling the clan, is anyone in Walford really safe?

Of course, there is one other person on Willmott-Brown's agenda: Kathy Beale, who he blames for ruining his life. What does Willmott-Brown's return mean for Kathy?

Speaking of his return to EastEnders, William Boyde said: "I'm delighted to immerse myself once more in the fascinating world of Soapland."

Digital Spy

tammyy2j
26-10-2017, 15:19
Even getting JWB back now, I find Kathy's return from the dead a let down

lizann
18-05-2019, 18:25
what will she buy with 100,000 or will ben take?

kaz21
18-05-2019, 18:40
She was looking at the Albert

parkerman
18-05-2019, 18:45

She was indeed. But 100,000 for a building like that in that part of London....hmmmmmmm......

kaz21
18-05-2019, 19:14
Little unrealistic I know.

lizann
18-05-2019, 19:26

will aidan sell? he got off vincent for nothing?

kaz21
18-05-2019, 22:38
I think she looked at a for sale sign. Didn’t he pay Vincent a pound for it.

lizann
19-05-2019, 01:44
I think she looked at a for sale sign. Didn’t he pay Vincent a pound for it.

bargain :p

mysangry
22-05-2019, 22:17
rumour has it that Kathy will be opening the Albert as a Gay Bar? is this not discriminatory?
After all can you imagine the uproar if a Hetrosexual Bar was to be opened, or a All Black or Muslim etc etc,
sorry don't agree, if she is going to open a bar, then surely it cannot be as a "GAY" bar?

Just saying

kaz21
22-05-2019, 22:37
It’s confirmed she’s opening a gay bar, and heterosexual people can still go to it, there not gonna stop you.

lizann
09-01-2020, 23:50
she should get her own gaff

lizann
19-07-2023, 17:26
does she ever age