PDA

View Full Version : Corrie star's driving madness

Luna
22-08-2005, 11:08
Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas, who plays Jason Grimshaw in the soap, has been exposed by The Sun as driving without a licence.

The 21-year-old has been photographed behind the wheel of a £17,000 Mini Cooper owned by girlfriend and fellow Street star Tina O'Brien (Sarah Louise Platt), and if convicted, he could face a fine of up to £1,000.

The news is potentially worse for Thomas, who may also face a fine of up to £5,000 if he is found to have been driving without insurance.

According to The Sun, the Corrie heart-throb has been lying to people, claiming to have passed his driving test in April 2003, and a soap source said "Ryan hasn't got an explanation and someone should tell him to grow up."

Thomas, who may still not have told O'Brien that he has not passed his test, is having talks with a solicitor just in case the expose becomes a police matter.

Jojo
22-08-2005, 11:09
Apparently his driving instructor claims that he turned up for 7 out of 17 driving lessons!!

Luna
22-08-2005, 11:31
Why do it though? Cant he now be banned from learning to drive for a while now?

Jojo
22-08-2005, 11:35
I think he could be banned from driving for a year or so, plus have a fine. I've heard about 14/15 joyriders getting the same punishment, though it always made me laugh in a way as they haven't got their licences yet and if they're banned, how do they get their licence so they can be banned ?? :searchme:

Debs
22-08-2005, 15:28
that just dosent make sense! you are bound to be found out eventually!

what if he had crashed or killed someone????