PDA

View Full Version : Do You Miss Zoe?

Chris_2k11
19-08-2005, 22:15
I can't say I do to be honest! :D

CrazyLea
19-08-2005, 22:20
i don't, i used to like it when she was first in it but soon got bored/annoyed with her and towards her last year started hating her.

hannah-mj
19-08-2005, 22:26
i do , when she was in it i didnt think i would but for some strange reason i do lol

Sooz15
19-08-2005, 22:55
No, not at all. I think she was one of the annoying characters in EE history.

Treacle
20-08-2005, 00:03
I miss Zoe :)

angelblue
20-08-2005, 00:09
No i dont really miss her either she was alright in the begining but them she got annoying after ward couldnt wait for to leave :)

Jessie Wallace
20-08-2005, 00:24
Yeah i little bit, but it's just like she is on holiday at the moment.

Treacle
20-08-2005, 01:27
She was a great character who a lot of people grew to hate due to her relationship with Dennis Rickman.

These people either only started watching the show in the Zonnis days or they have very short memories.

She had some really good storylines in her first few years, the Kat/Zoe stuff was just amazing and the 2 hander they had was kitchen sink drama at it's best!

That 2 hander was just simply divine and the best acting I've seen from any young actor/actress in soap for years!

Michelle Ryan was only 17 at the time and had very little acting experience prior to EastEnders so for her to pull such a powerful performance out of the bag was astonishing!

I've never seen any other soap come close to the power EastEnders has when it's at its best.

Alisha
20-08-2005, 08:57
In a word No!

I watched Zoe from the start and didn't like her from the beginning and continued to dislike her until the end. There may have been the odd moment when I though she was ok but that was quickly brushed over.

On a whole though -she was one of the characters that I disliked most out of watching ee for all the years that I have. She was such a one-dimensional character who could winge from great Britain. Her storylines were complete duplicates. I can't think of one of her partners who were not in love with other woman. Probably Ronnie but he had just split with her best mate Kelly. Them two deserved each other and should have stayed together.

I'm glad Zoe's gone in all honesty.

As an actress, she is ok and has talent for her age.

true.moon
20-08-2005, 08:58
not 1 bit
she was the most self obsessed, annoying person

crazygirl
20-08-2005, 10:37
i dont miss her because she was a pain

true.moon
20-08-2005, 10:51
agreed

Treacle
20-08-2005, 11:23
I'm not 100% convinced though that the people who don't like her aren't still scarred by that awful love triangle with Sharon, Dennis and Zoe.

true.moon
20-08-2005, 11:24
i hated that!

Treacle
20-08-2005, 11:27
Her early stuff and the original 2 hander with Kat during the Kat/Zoe mother storyline was just supreme :)

sarah21
20-08-2005, 11:43
Her early stuff and the original 2 hander with Kat during the Kat/Zoe mother storyline was just supreme :)

No, it wasn't for me. I've never liked the character of Zoe. Full of herself, believing that because she looked a certain way, she could have anything she wanted in her life. She was spoilt, selfish and didn't give a damn about anybody else in her quest to get exactly what she wanted. The only men she was interested in belonged to someone else, even if only emotionally.

Despite what Sonia had been through with Chloe, she deliberately tried to break up her relationship with Jamie. When she couldn't get him, she called Sonia a 'slag' and a 'retard'. She 'let slip' to Tariq about Kelly's past so that he would tell Ronny and he would dump Kelly. She then moved in on her best friend's ex telling Kelly that if she didn't like it she could get out of their flat. Then there was the guys her mother had already been with. :thumbsdow Ant and Dennis. She knew how Kat felt about Ant but that didn't stop her. The Dennis episode was Zoe at her most manipulative and scheming.

I disliked Zoe from day one and never warmed to her. I also thought she was a very poor actress. The 2 hander was okay, but Jesse carried Michelle in those scenes. There was nothing special about Michelle's performance. Natalie Cassidy was only the same age, maybe even younger when she had the Chloe's birth scenes which were brilliant and won her the Best Actress at the Soap Awards in 2001. She is a much better actress.

~*~Leanne~*~
20-08-2005, 11:55
i don't miss her but i miss the dennis/sharon/zoe storyline as that was great

Treacle
20-08-2005, 11:55
No, it wasn't for me. I've never liked the character of Zoe. Full of herself, believing that because she looked a certain way, she could have anything she wanted in her life. She was spoilt, selfish and didn't give a damn about anybody else in her quest to get exactly what she wanted. The only men she was interested in belonged to someone else, even if only emotionally.

Despite what Sonia had been through with Chloe, she deliberately tried to break up her relationship with Jamie. When she couldn't get him, she called Sonia a 'slag' and a 'retard'. She 'let slip' to Tariq about Kelly's past so that he would tell Ronny and he would dump Kelly. She then moved in on her best friend's ex telling Kelly that if she didn't like it she could get out of their flat. Then there was the guys her mother had already been with. :thumbsdow Ant and Dennis. She knew how Kat felt about Ant but that didn't stop her. The Dennis episode was Zoe at her most manipulative and scheming.

I disliked Zoe from day one and never warmed to her. I also thought she was a very poor actress. The 2 hander was okay, but Jesse carried Michelle in those scenes. There was nothing special about Michelle's performance. Natalie Cassidy was only the same age, maybe even younger when she had the Chloe's birth scenes which were brilliant and won her the Best Actress at the Soap Awards in 2001. She is a much better actress.
Zoe didn't let slip to Tariq about Kelly being an ex-prostitute she was talking to Kat about it and Tariq overheard.

Michelle IMHO is a very good actress I remember watching the two hander and thinking how easily the tears flowed and the range in her voice and emotion. She really made it work for me and she was only 17 I was worried that it was going to be rubbish because I didn't think a 17 year old actress could pull off the storyline but I was pleasently surprised.

Treacle
20-08-2005, 11:56
i don't miss her but i miss the dennis/sharon/zoe storyline as that was great
Are you having a laugh?

~*~Leanne~*~
20-08-2005, 11:59
no why?

*cinderella*
20-08-2005, 12:53
I miss Zoe!! I miss the relationship she had with Kat. Im not the biggest Shannis fan, but when she kept them apart I really didnt like her but then after all the Den stuff I saw that she was just young and really in love and a little girl inside. If Kat had been there she wouldnt have acted like she did she just need her Mum. I want her to come back!

i_luv_dennis
20-08-2005, 13:07
no way

Treacle
20-08-2005, 14:06
no why?
The Dennis/Sharon/Zoe love triangle was nearly as bad as Mofie is now!

Treacle
20-08-2005, 14:07
I miss Zoe!! I miss the relationship she had with Kat. Im not the biggest Shannis fan, but when she kept them apart I really didnt like her but then after all the Den stuff I saw that she was just young and really in love and a little girl inside. If Kat had been there she wouldnt have acted like she did she just need her Mum. I want her to come back!
Here, here and if people weren't so obsessed with this Shannis nonsense they would be able to see that before Zoe got involved with that Dennis one she was actually quite a good character.

Amber
20-08-2005, 14:15
I hate to admit it but I do a little.

I miss seeing Michelle's face on screen. Even though I started hating Zoe towards the end, I did cry a bit when I watched her leave because I knew she'd probably never be back again and she's been in some massive storylines which I enjoyed watching ("You ain't my muvver!" & Den's death ect). I also loved her relasionship she had with Kat :)

Treacle
20-08-2005, 14:22
I hate to admit it but I do a little.

I miss seeing Michelle's face on screen. Even though I started hating Zoe towards the end, I did cry a bit when I watched her leave because I knew she'd probably never be back again and she's been in some massive storylines which I enjoyed watching ("You ain't my muvver!" & Den's death ect). I also loved her relasionship she had with Kat :)
I have a feeling she'll be back, it's not like she can't come back. I believe she gets kept out of the police investigation about Den's death :)

Johnny Allen
20-08-2005, 16:13
NO not one little bit.

pops110874
20-08-2005, 16:39
She was a great character who a lot of people grew to hate due to her relationship with Dennis Rickman.

These people either only started watching the show in the Zonnis days or they have very short memories.

She had some really good storylines in her first few years, the Kat/Zoe stuff was just amazing and the 2 hander they had was kitchen sink drama at it's best!

That 2 hander was just simply divine and the best acting I've seen from any young actor/actress in soap for years!

Michelle Ryan was only 17 at the time and had very little acting experience prior to EastEnders so for her to pull such a powerful performance out of the bag was astonishing!

I've never seen any other soap come close to the power EastEnders has when it's at its best.

:clap: well said!

I wholeheartedly agree!!

***sharon rules***
20-08-2005, 16:42
no!!!!!!!!!!!!

pops110874
20-08-2005, 16:43
I do miss Zoe, I actually think she was a great character and michelle ryan played her brilliantly.

I also thought that zoe and dennis made a good couple! Had it been allowed to run, it would have been a fab storyline!

if zonnis had got married and had a baby (knowing that dennis actually loved sharon) would have made good tv :)

Treacle
20-08-2005, 16:43
I hope they bring her back :p

hannah-mj
20-08-2005, 16:44
I hope they bring her back :pI'm right with ya on that one! :thumbsup:

prettypayal
20-08-2005, 16:46
she acted like she was really pretty

Treacle
20-08-2005, 16:53
I'm right with ya on that one! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Zoe and Kat were just amazing together!

hannah-mj
20-08-2005, 16:54
:thumbsup: Zoe and Kat were just amazing together! :thumbsup: right with ya on that one too lol! i think they are great (should i say were.....)

Treacle
20-08-2005, 16:56
I remember being sceptical (is that the word?) about the mother/daughter thing but I have to hand it to them, they really pulled it off!

hannah-mj
20-08-2005, 16:58
I remember being sceptical (is that the word?) about the mother/daughter thing but I have to hand it to them, they really pulled it off!lol yeah i think that is the word , but well i suppose i cant really comment because the 'you aint my muvver!' thingy was one of the first times i properly watch eastenders like and proper got into it lol

Treacle
20-08-2005, 17:05
They gave subtle hints that there was a family secret for ages before it came out so the build-up was great!

hannah-mj
20-08-2005, 17:06
good good lol i'll have to watch it some time! hehe

xCharliex
20-08-2005, 18:19
Whos Zoe?? Lol joking, i dont really miss her to be quite honest. I liked her back in the day, but i just couldnt cope with her whinging and whining anymore. And it was definately down to the whole Zoe/Dennis/Sharon love triangle

.:SpIcYsPy:.
20-08-2005, 18:29
The Dennis/Sharon/Zoe love triangle was nearly as bad as Mofie is now!
No one likes triangle's!! Too long held...Maybe EE and other scriptwriters should learn.. but I guess we have to hate soemthing to love it and keep watching it..

CrazyLea
20-08-2005, 18:36
No one likes triangle's!! Too long held...Maybe EE and other scriptwriters should learn.. but I guess we have to hate soemthing to love it and keep watching it..

i like triangles lol :p as long as they are characterds that i like

Treacle
20-08-2005, 18:36
No one likes triangle's!! Too long held...Maybe EE and other scriptwriters should learn.. but I guess we have to hate soemthing to love it and keep watching it..Love triangles can work, Emmerdale has one every other day and EastEnders has the gorgeous creation that was Sharongate under its belt.

angelblue
20-08-2005, 18:38
I think the only good love triangle was sharongate i did not like the rest :thumbsup:

chance
20-08-2005, 18:42
god no!

Treacle
20-08-2005, 18:43
I miss her relationship with Kat, when she wasn't whining she was a good character.

Chris_2k11
20-08-2005, 19:04
Love triangles can work, Emmerdale has one every other day :rotfl:

Alisha
20-08-2005, 21:10
Here, here and if people weren't so obsessed with this Shannis nonsense they would be able to see that before Zoe got involved with that Dennis one she was actually quite a good character.

not for me

Zoe was still self absorbed, selfish and a bratty character long before she layed eyes on Dennis Rickman. To me, there was nothing good about her.

It was never a case of her getting involved with Dennis that made me dislike her. I dislike her anyway simply for the character she was.

Treacle
20-08-2005, 21:12
not for me

Zoe was still self absorbed, selfish and a bratty character long before she layed eyes on Dennis Rickman. To me, there was nothing good about her.

It was never a case of her getting involved with Dennis that made me dislike her. I dislike her anyway simply for the character she was.I take it you don't like victim characters then?

Alisha
20-08-2005, 21:18
Oh I do. :) I've liked/disliked Vicitm charactrers come and go over the years but Zoe was never one of them. If I like a character its got to be more than just the victim lable. I never felt much compasion for her character and I know that sounds rather heartless but its the way I felt really for the full 5 years she was on the show. I can give a huge list of my dislike over her but I haven't got the energy right now. :p

Abbie
20-08-2005, 21:27
NO not one little bit.lol like your no

Treacle
20-08-2005, 21:28
Oh I do. :) I've liked/disliked Vicitm charactrers come and go over the years but Zoe was never one of them. If I like a character its got to be more than just the victim lable. I never felt much compasion for her character and I know that sounds rather heartless but its the way I felt really for the full 5 years she was on the show. I can give a huge list of my dislike over her but I haven't got the energy right now. :pZoe was once a victim, people keep forgetting :p

JustJodi
20-08-2005, 21:30

Miss who ????:rotfl:

Abbie
20-08-2005, 21:30
i do soemtimes miss her just because i miss her realishionship with kat

Abbie
20-08-2005, 21:34
Zoe was once a victim, people keep forgetting :pi havent

emma_strange
20-08-2005, 21:41
My god no, I couldnt stand the girl

Angeldelight
20-08-2005, 21:48
no no no no no no no no no no and guess what... NO WAY...

CrazyLea
20-08-2005, 21:59
so is that a definate no :rotfl:

Angeldelight
21-08-2005, 13:24
oh yeh... but i watching Sharon the other day... an though *holy cow she's turning into Zoe*... help her... HELP HER... before it's too late... hehe hehe...

true.moon
21-08-2005, 13:28
lol

JustJodi
21-08-2005, 13:30
oh yeh... but i watching Sharon the other day... an though *holy cow she's turning into Zoe*... help her... HELP HER... before it's too late... hehe hehe...

Sharon turning into Zoe..how ???? :searchme:

shelley
22-08-2005, 15:56
I couldn't stand Zoe towards the end. Her character was really annoying. I'm not sure I agree that Sharon is turning into Zoe, but I guess in some ways a resemblance could be found.

true.moon
22-08-2005, 15:58
nor me

Angeldelight
22-08-2005, 18:14
Sharon's not so bad now... but the whole I HAVE TO FIND DAD thing was way over the top she was really hurting Dennis... she didn't think about what seeing him again would do to Dennis it was all about her having HER DAD at the wedding...

i'm glad she's mostly over it but going to the police was a stupid idea... i can't believe Dennis came up with it...

eastenderfan_91
22-08-2005, 18:15
i can't say that i miss zoe i didn't really like her much

Rach33
22-08-2005, 21:04
Miss Zoe I'd rather start liking the Mitchells than miss her and that's saying something

As for Sharon I'm going off her slowly she's so blinded by Den that even beyaond the grave he's coming between them and she's letting it happen

eastenderfan_91
22-08-2005, 21:06
I agree with you Joel_Beckett_Lover

callummc
22-08-2005, 21:14
easy question,easy answere NO

Rach33
22-08-2005, 21:30
it could not be simplier could it she was a dreadful character although I do miss slagging Zoe off

JustJodi
22-08-2005, 21:42
i can't say that i miss zoe i didn't really like her much

I thought Zoe was just a whiney little brat.. I think the last 2 days of her in Walford ( before she walked off with the ALBERT SQUARE sign) were probably her only good days... her performances in the past reminded me of middle school drama classes :rotfl: One of my drama teachers would say" u cant act your way out of a hat" ( loosely translated,, SHE COULDN'T ACT)

JustJodi
22-08-2005, 21:47
Miss Zoe I'd rather start liking the Mitchells than miss her and that's saying something

As for Sharon I'm going off her slowly she's so blinded by Den that even beyaond the grave he's coming between them and she's letting it happen

At the risk of making some of you Sharon fans mad, i really think she has an unhealthy fixation on Den ( he is not even her blood father) and because of this fixation its driving an invisable wedge between her and Dennis . But my point is Sharon doesn't know that hes dead YET.. and he is still "there" wrecking her life ... :nono: Dead or Alive Den is very much in charge of Sharons life :wall:

Rach33
22-08-2005, 22:01
I agree it's not healthy at all and he had the same fixation with her

And whether or not he's dead I do believe Den will play a far too big a part in her life and in her relationship with Dennis

xsoftladybugx
22-08-2005, 22:48
oh My Good God Who Can Miss Zoe?! She Is Seriously Annoying!!!

kayla05
22-08-2005, 22:55
Yeah i dont didn't like Zoe, she was ok when she first appeard on EE and there was the storyline that Kat was her mam, that was a great storyline but now i dont miss her at all!

squarelady
23-08-2005, 08:48
I was actually thinking about this last night, no! :lol: Not at all really, I think they ruined her character towards the end anyway so I was glad to see her go.

Luna
23-08-2005, 08:48
Nah not really but i do miss Spencer and Kelly wish they had stayed

Babe14
23-08-2005, 08:49
No, not at all

true.moon
23-08-2005, 12:09
Nah not really but i do miss Spencer and Kelly wish they had stayedi liked them too
they were sometimes a bit boring though

Dr. Tangliss
23-08-2005, 16:17
Nope, I don't miss Zoe one bit to be honest. I do miss Ruby though

hannah-mj
23-08-2005, 16:53
Nope, I don't miss Zoe one bit to be honest. I do miss Ruby thoughi miss ruby too! but we're in luck , she's back tonight! :cheer: yay! :thumbsup:

Dr. Tangliss
23-08-2005, 17:22
i miss ruby too! but we're in luck , she's back tonight! :cheer: yay! :thumbsup:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

JustJodi
23-08-2005, 17:23
i miss ruby too! but we're in luck , she's back tonight! :cheer: yay! :thumbsup:

I wonder how long she will be on for,,, just long enuff till SCHOOL starts ??? :searchme:

kirsty_g
24-08-2005, 09:49
hasnt she finished school now

kirsty_g
24-08-2005, 09:50
i dont miss zoe