PDA

View Full Version : kicking

chance
18-08-2005, 00:19
i think i spoke too soon about this little one not kicking as much or as hard as my boys did.the last weeks all she has done is constantly kick im sure the girl never sleeps! also she kicks but then doesnt put her leg/foot back in she presses it really hard against my belly so it hurts,not badly but you know what i mean(well all those who have been pregnant before will do) and she keeps sticking it in my ribs!

Jojo
18-08-2005, 10:40
If its any consolation, I'm going through the same - first I could hardly feel him/her, now he/she doesn't stop and is seeming to be doing a weird thing where I can trace its hand up and down my bump!!! The worst bit is at the mo constant punching or kicking in my bladder - the only good thing is a) I know he/she is fine and b) there are times of the day, when he/she is more active (am and evening from 9pm!). I am someone who loves the whole pregnancy thing though, and if my muscle weren't so shot to pieces and hurting all the time, I would love to do it again, but my muscles and nerves just wouldn't be able to take it!! :D

chance
18-08-2005, 11:25
i love the whole pregnancy thing too but its these last 10 weeks that do my head in.you cant reach your feet to put your socks on or shoes,its takes you ten minutes to get your leg through your knickers and trousers,you put some washing in the machine and it takes you ten minutes to get over it!

Jojo
18-08-2005, 11:28
Here's a thought for you - my bump measures 44 inches and I have another 4 months to go!!! I have to sit spreadeagled to put my shoes and socks on already, have to have help to get up off the sofa and have to roll out of bed!! I'm 24 weeks on Sat. I am pretty hilarious to watch thats for sure !! :rotfl:

chance
18-08-2005, 19:32
thats cheered me up a bit! :) i dont know ho much i measure my crap midwife hasnt even measured me once throughout this pregnancy.have you got the feeling that its just about to fall out yet though? its aching 'down there' already!

Jojo
19-08-2005, 09:57
I thought it might!! :D What I do, is I have a piece of string which I put around my waistline, and then mark it each month to see how much I have grown, then when the baby arrives it goes into the keepsake box. I did the same for Ciaran and 2 days before I had him, the string measured 62 inches!! I'm seeing if I can beat it this time round, which I think I will considering.

It definitely feels like it wants to fall out - my bump aches already, though considering the size of it, I'm not overly surprised, plus I have slight uterine prolapse so that doesn't help matters really. The baby had hiccups last night for the first time this pregnancy, so kept me awake for an hour or so when I went to bad last night - was laughing at first but then it was just annoying!! :D

chance
20-08-2005, 18:26
ive got really bad back ache today and belly keeps hurting too,doesnt help with the constant dig in the ribs either

Dr. Tangliss
20-08-2005, 19:01
Awww, poor you. I remember that feeling all too well.

Jojo
21-08-2005, 11:15
Isn't pregnancy and weird and wonderful thing - its such a brill thing to go through, yet can sometimes be the worst....I am personally a pregnancy lover, and would be pregnant constantly if I could!!! :D

chance
22-08-2005, 00:00
i loved it too especially with my other too but i havent enjoyed it so much this time even though its been better as in healthier etc.its cus it so much smaller maybe,i sometimes forget i am pregnant,well idid up until last week ish

Jojo
22-08-2005, 00:20
I sometimes wish I was smaller than I am though - cause all I get is "cor you can't have long" etc, and then looks of utter shock and horror when I tell them I'm not due till Xmas lol

chance
22-08-2005, 22:01
lol,i was in argos today standing next to this women who was massive,(pregnant massive not obese lol) and i was looking at her thinking she must be due any day,she was twice the size of me,so we started talking,i told her i only have about 9 weeks left and she says she has got 15 to go! i was in shock!

my pelvis hurts been ion my feet all day shopping! does yours normally hurt?
mine did with my second son,they thought my pelvis might have been splitting but luckily it was ok.

Jojo
22-08-2005, 23:02
My back has definitely been starting to ache more, and I get a lot of pain through the tops of my thighs - hoping its not to do with my prolapse as it coped ok with Ci. My bump aches occasionally too, but my rectus (stomach) muscles split really badly last time and never went back properly, so they have immediately split again, which doesn't help.

I haven't measured my waist since the other week, but I did put the string round my waist the other day, just to see what was happening and I was a couple of inches bigger again!! I look like I am going to burst.

chance
23-08-2005, 20:44
ooo that sounds painful!

Jojo
24-08-2005, 07:28
Its not as bad as it sounds, but it when the muscles that go down the front of your stomach split apart to make room for your womb to grow (which in most women will always happen towards the end) and mine were split right from the 2 blue lines appearing on my pregnancy test, so then they technically class it as a hernia!!

I was naughty and didn't bother doing my exercises after having Ciaran so after 3 years they didn't go back - its my own fault, but will have to make sure I work doubly hard this time round....

Baby freaked my hubby out yesterday though - he thought he/she was trying to get out!! He hadn't realised how much he/she was moving these days - it was hilarious!!

Dr. Tangliss
24-08-2005, 17:08
I really feel your you ladies :(

chance
24-08-2005, 22:05
i know!
i was watching my belly when i was in the bath this morning and she was trying to punch and kick her way out im sure of it,ive never seen it move so much! one minute you had a big lump shotting out of one side and the next min youd see it scrape along to the other side,moving so much she was making ripples in the water! :rotfl:

RealityGap
02-09-2005, 22:04
i know!
i was watching my belly when i was in the bath this morning and she was trying to punch and kick her way out im sure of it,ive never seen it move so much! one minute you had a big lump shotting out of one side and the next min youd see it scrape along to the other side,moving so much she was making ripples in the water! :rotfl:

I am getting so so broody reading this thread - used to love watching my bump move in the water.....can any one say thinking about baby number 3? lol

Jojo
02-09-2005, 22:40
We're expecting no 3 - I love the whole pregnancy thing. This little one has been a bit quiet today though, no doubt he/she will wake up in the next few mins and then keep me awake all night lol

chance
02-09-2005, 22:43
mines number 3 too! i swear she has 10 arms and legs,puzzles me hoe she manages to get in so many different places in a matter of seconds,one min right up the top of my belly then right down the bottom then by my ribs!its amazing!