PDA

View Full Version : Things Are Looking Up

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:10
What can i say but this?

Last september we saw the Millers introduced, Minty's crush on Sam and stalker Sarah (how boring no wonder the show was suffering)

but you look to this september...

Shannis wedding, den dug up, chrissie and sam arrested, jake returning, peggy returning, the eastenders booze cruise...

look how better all this sounds compared to 04, it shows signs of major improvement on the show in the last year, but they desevre some higher ratings now, i think those that switched off in 04 havent beden bothered to switch back now, which is a crying shame!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:14
I'll admit I haven't been watching as devotedly as I used to, but always sky + it and then fast forward through the bits I don't really want to see - but you can definitely see a turnaround in the storylines and the way things are starting to come back together again - fans will be back...

angelblue
16-08-2005, 10:14
It going to be another depressing espisode for christmas though :crying:

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:17
It going to be another depressing espisode for christmas though :crying:

thats the best kind of episode, a happy lovey dovey "why do birds suddenly appear" epsiode is not very entertaining, christmas episodes have to contain drama and generally OMGness, which Eastenders always does well.

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:18
There will be depressing parts and happy parts, like there always is in ALL of the soaps. It always has a mixture of it and I think it'll be a happy one if Alfie is going then!!!

CrazyLea
16-08-2005, 10:26
i liked the sarah storyline but it does look like it might get better. although peggy returning and the booze cruise dont really apeal to me.

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:31
i liked the sarah storyline but it does look like it might get better. although peggy returning and the booze cruise dont really apeal to me.

i think peggy returning is the best thing since sliced bread! shes my favourite character of all time, her lines are brillaint and the character is so well written!

the booze cruise is a bril idea as well, not only does it provide some comedy scenes for minty and gary it will have some great emotional and dramatic scens when mickey is reunited with his sister and meets his biological father for the first time

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:34
.......the booze cruise is a bril idea as well, not only does it provide some comedy scenes for minty and gary it will have some great emotional and dramatic scens when mickey is reunited with his sister and meets his biological father for the first timeI agree, there will be great comedy moments from the three of them, and then some emotional stuff from Micky with the reunion - i'll be watching thats for sure...

kirsty_g
16-08-2005, 10:34
sounds good

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:36
I agree, there will be great comedy moments from the three of them, and then some emotional stuff from Micky with the reunion - i'll be watching thats for sure...

i will enjoy it toroughly, im gald to see Mark Wingett back on our tv screens, if only for a short while, if he does a good job then he could easily be asked to return in the future, maybe in walford to get to know mickey more? wonder what rosie and keith would say!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:38
Theres a thought - we're still to find out what happened between Rosie and Mickey's dad aren't we - I wonder if the scriptwriters are going to come up with something different or actually have a "we didn't work so split" scenario...

I think Mark Wingett is a great actor though it'll be weird him not being Jim Carver..

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:44
Theres a thought - we're still to find out what happened between Rosie and Mickey's dad aren't we - I wonder if the scriptwriters are going to come up with something different or actually have a "we didn't work so split" scenario...

I think Mark Wingett is a great actor though it'll be weird him not being Jim Carver..

my introduing mickey's biological dad, it opens up a whole new can of worms, that can wriggle their way in walford at some point in the future, hopefully!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:44
Fingers crossed!!

CrazyLea
16-08-2005, 10:46
i think peggy returning is the best thing since sliced bread! shes my favourite character of all time, her lines are brillaint and the character is so well written!

the booze cruise is a bril idea as well, not only does it provide some comedy scenes for minty and gary it will have some great emotional and dramatic scens when mickey is reunited with his sister and meets his biological father for the first time

i like the mickey and dawn things. and his father. but not into the whole minty thing he does my head in

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:47
Fingers crossed!!

and toes lol! imagine is he was rosie's true love but he left her, and so they begin an affair behind poor old keith's back! and rosie leaves a love letter around, thinking oh keith cant read it, but hes been learning at the communtity centre whilst shes been at it with Mike, and so he reads it and the whole truth comes out! damn if only i wrote for eastenders!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:47
I'm a Minty lover - sorry! Him and Gary make a great double act and you can just imagine all the trouble they are bound to find themselves in on the booze cruise!!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:48
and toes lol! imagine is he was rosie's true love but he left her, and so they begin an affair behind poor old keith's back! and rosie leaves a love letter around, thinking oh keith cant read it, but hes been learning at the communtity centre whilst shes been at it with Mike, and so he reads it and the whole truth comes out! damn if only i wrote for eastenders!No wonder your scripts are so good - that is a great thought. Have you written to the bbc, when they advertise for young talent etc..?

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:49
I'm a Minty lover - sorry! Him and Gary make a great double act and you can just imagine all the trouble they are bound to find themselves in on the booze cruise!!

i know yeah it will be funny, they try and chat up some french birds, "bonjour, jemappelle gary et minty...anglais?" then they reply in a cockney accent "yeah of course, we come from the west end" :rotfl:

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:50
No wonder your scripts are so good - that is a great thought. Have you written to the bbc, when they advertise for young talent etc..?

no im not that good yet :) but well with a few more years at college/uni trainging for it, and getting pratice at my workshops and having plays performed hopefully things may look up for me in the future, look out for Bryan Turner on the credits in the future!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 11:00
no im not that good yet :) but well with a few more years at college/uni trainging for it, and getting pratice at my workshops and having plays performed hopefully things may look up for me in the future, look out for Bryan Turner on the credits in the future!I'll keep my eyes peeled - you'll definitely be on them.......:D

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:02
I'll keep my eyes peeled - you'll definitely be on them.......:D

awww thank you! :wub:

Jojo
16-08-2005, 11:05
awww thank you! :wub:No probs - I think you have real talent....plus I can then tell everyone how I chatted to you before your name appeared on the credits :D

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:11
No probs - I think you have real talent....plus I can then tell everyone how I chatted to you before your name appeared on the credits :D

ill bring you into the show, Peggy: "who the bleeding hell are you?" u: "I'm jojomum28 of course!" :rotfl:

Jojo
16-08-2005, 11:24
ill bring you into the show, Peggy: "who the bleeding hell are you?" u: "I'm jojomum28 of course!" :rotfl::rotfl: I'm mum, jojomum, - I'm liking the sound of that!! :rotfl:

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:25
:rotfl: I'm mum, jojomum, - I'm liking the sound of that!! :rotfl:

"im the new mod, i mean lanlady, of this site, i mean pub, and your banned!, i mean barred!" :rotfl:

Jojo
16-08-2005, 11:29
"im the new mod, i mean lanlady, of this site, i mean pub, and your banned!, i mean barred!" :rotfl::rotfl: Fantastic... :rotfl:

Treacle
16-08-2005, 11:41
I thought this thread contained a mega spoiler because of the title :)

Oh things are definately looking up, there's only Mofie people can't stand!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
16-08-2005, 12:11
Yep I agree, hopefully in future, EE will beat Corrie n not let Emerdale or someone take our place!!

Johnny Allen
16-08-2005, 13:59
Eastenders has certainly got better, what with upcoming stories, and last fridays episode was one of the most gripping I had seen for a while, honestly I haven't cried that hard since Ray died in Corrie.

*JSW*
16-08-2005, 14:47
Well I think i'm gonna have to take a pessamistic angle on all of this. To me recently EE has been well awful (barring last Friday which was manifique) things have been quite literally rubbish. I'm not biased though before you start, Corrie is on the same level!

Although forthcoming storylines sound interesting on paper the actual rolling out of them has (as in the past) the potential to bore us beyone our wildest dreams. I do see an overhaul coming for next year and the signs i'm getting for EE look promising but as does Corrie! Two enthralling soaps always breeds competition and better storylines so I watch and wait! :D

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 15:21
sounds good lol

Treacle
16-08-2005, 15:34
Well I think i'm gonna have to take a pessamistic angle on all of this. To me recently EE has been well awful (barring last Friday which was manifique) things have been quite literally rubbish. I'm not biased though before you start, Corrie is on the same level!

Although forthcoming storylines sound interesting on paper the actual rolling out of them has (as in the past) the potential to bore us beyone our wildest dreams. I do see an overhaul coming for next year and the signs i'm getting for EE look promising but as does Corrie! Two enthralling soaps always breeds competition and better storylines so I watch and wait! :D
EE is defo in a stronger position than the ITV1 rubbish you mention because it has lots of stronger stuff planned.

I hated the Leo & Demi storyline but I enjoyed last nights eppy I like things when they flow nicely and last night was one of the episodes that held promise for the future for me.

It's still on dodgy ground though and I hate Mofie but it's definately coming together now :D

Jojo
16-08-2005, 16:45
You can definitely see the changes that have been made behind the scenes starting to take shape in the writing, storylines and the set up, so looking forward to seeing where they take us...

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 18:57
i no

Bryan
16-08-2005, 19:31
You can definitely see the changes that have been made behind the scenes starting to take shape in the writing, storylines and the set up, so looking forward to seeing where they take us...

to the national soap awards and out with all the awards going! heres hoping

Jade
16-08-2005, 19:37

Also it doesnt help that the media sensationalise certain storylines and there are months and months of build up so maybe we come to expect too much

eastenders mad
17-08-2005, 10:24
everytime i read the newspapers corrie is alwys on top for the amount of viewers watching. It is not fair it should be the other way round ee at the top and corrie second. Come on ee wirters get to the top.

Bryan
17-08-2005, 11:51
how ever good it gets, once viewers switch off they stay switched off, eastenders will never get back to number 1 status, sadly, due to the worst year of its life: 2004

i_luv_dennis
17-08-2005, 11:52
i agree with you that is true

angelblue
17-08-2005, 12:31
To be honest i think things are looking up even though cast members are leaving soon

Dont forget people we have some really great viewing to do over the next few week the wedding the discovering of den body and of course we are going to see how dennis sharon cope with the news

Sam and chrissie and of course the funeral

To be honest i cant wait :cheer: :cheer: