PDA

View Full Version : wont be the same

angelblue
16-08-2005, 09:29
Morning peeps :)

I just want to say when i wacthing ee last night i realised by the end of the year what great characters we are going to lose once they go ee wont be the same for me for some reason i will still watch but it wont be the same i dont know if it is like that for anyone else i would like to hear other people views on the matter :)

Johnny Allen
16-08-2005, 09:32
To be honest I am not really that bothered actors come and go all the time in programmes, so I'm never really suprised when they leave. Although I am disappointed Chrissie is leaving, Walford needs fiesty women.

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 09:32
Morning peeps :)

I just want to say when i wacthing ee last night i realised by the end of the year what great characters we are going to lose once they go ee wont be the same for me for some reason i will still watch but it wont be the same i dont know if it is like that for anyone else i would like to hear other people views on the matter :)

Angel I think soaps are like life,, changes,, no one likes changes, but life goes on.. I miss some of the characters that are no longer there too, I know alot of the KEY characters are leaving soon .. I just hope that EE contiunes to churn out some decent story lines for the ones left behind or at least build up the ones that do remain...:)

Bryan
16-08-2005, 09:41
considering the majority of characters that are leaving have been introduced in recent years it just shows that a show can move on when characters leave, they can introduce new characters and fmillies that will revolutionise the future of the show and add some new and exciting storylines

when grant left in 99 people thought will it be the same? a year later the slater's appeared, and what a bunch of characters that was! they've been brillaint!

same can be said when Steve, Mel, Mark, Lisa and Phil went, they were at the centre of some brilliant love pentagons back in the early 00's, when they left i was very worried for the show but it carried on and offered us the kalfie romane, shannis romance, and the reinvention of the watts etc...

dont worry angelblue all will move on, settle down and continue as it has done many times before!

Bad Wolf
16-08-2005, 09:47
i think too many are leavng at once, tina, chrissie, sam, kat, alfie, sharon, dennis- did i forget anyone?? there are going to be a load of relatively newbies and pauline,ian, dot and jim!

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:03
i think too many are leavng at once, tina, chrissie, sam, kat, alfie, sharon, dennis- did i forget anyone?? there are going to be a load of relatively newbies and pauline,ian, dot and jim!

nana moon!!!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:03
Though how often are they all actively in a storyline - Alfie Kat and Little Mo - had enough, don't want to see it, Johnny and Tina - where are they, Chrissie, Sam etc - sorry but Chrissie is starting to annoy me

Eastenders can and will live on, no one is infallible (sp?) and everyone is dispensible!

angelblue
16-08-2005, 10:06
I hear what everyone is saying i just meant people who are leaving their characters had a lot of potential

For example chrissie, dennis even sharon who has been in the soap on and off 20 year Kat another with alot scope alfie i suppose with kat

I am not sure tina though

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:11
I hear what everyone is saying i just meant people who are leaving their characters had a lot of potential

For example chrissie, dennis even sharon who has been in the soap on and off 20 year Kat another with alot scope alfie i suppose with kat

I am not sure tina though

i agree some characters have a lot more potential, Sam and Chrissie being the only ones, In my honest opinion, im gald for all the others to leave

CrazyLea
16-08-2005, 10:31
i wont miss half the characters ill miss nana. alfie kat and dennis i dont like chrissie or sam. that storyline has been dragging for a while now. buti'll get over the people i like leaving

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 10:51
Though how often are they all actively in a storyline - Alfie Kat and Little Mo - had enough, don't want to see it, Johnny and Tina - where are they, Chrissie, Sam etc - sorry but Chrissie is starting to annoy me

Eastenders can and will live on, no one is infallible (sp?) and everyone is dispensible!

Hmmmmm i hate to say this,,, but seems to me Sonia and Martin are still on the square,,,,,,,,
And Em I agree with u about Chrissie

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:55
Hmmmmm i hate to say this,,, but seems to me Sonia and Martin are still on the square,,,,,,,,
And Em I agree with u about ChrissieI am so hoping that she is going to go down for Dens death, I'm just fed up with her constant looking over shoulder, I'm having a nervous breakdown, behaviour etc, I'm just glad that they are starting to wrap this up..

angelblue
16-08-2005, 10:58
I think people misunderstood me i dont think ee is going fail when these characters leave the show goes on no one is bigger then the show at the end of the day

I just started this thread because most of my favourite characters are leaving and i just wanted to see what other peoples opinion

:lol:

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:59
I am so hoping that she is going to go down for Dens death, I'm just fed up with her constant looking over shoulder, I'm having a nervous breakdown, behaviour etc, I'm just glad that they are starting to wrap this up..

wont say much for the justice system is she gets away scotch free, i think going to jail or at least a court case is needed, as well if she escapes, she cant return as when she does the police will finally arrest her, if she does her time, or is found not guilty, she can return in the future a free and "innocent" woman

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 11:00
I am so hoping that she is going to go down for Dens death, I'm just fed up with her constant looking over shoulder, I'm having a nervous breakdown, behaviour etc, I'm just glad that they are starting to wrap this up..
Not a moment too soon,,, Dennis really was leaning on her the other day and I can not believe he believes her rubbish story.And Sharon is really naive for her age.. :searchme: she is another one that is starting to grate on my nerves too !!!!!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 11:01
I think people misunderstood me i dont think ee is going fail when these characters leave the show goes on no one is bigger then the show at the end of the day

I just started this thread because most of my favourite characters are leaving and i just wanted to see what other peoples opinion

:lol:Don't worry, this thread was a great idea - look how you've got us all going :rotfl:

Jojo
16-08-2005, 11:03
Not a moment too soon,,, Dennis really was leaning on her the other day and I can not believe he believes her rubbish story.And Sharon is really naive for her age.. :searchme: she is another one that is starting to grate on my nerves too !!!!!Dennis isn't daft, or is anyone else - why does everyone believe her... :angry:

angelblue
16-08-2005, 11:04
I think it quite plausaible they dont suspect chrissie because she is their friend and she was always their for them and she believed in them so i think they trust her :lol:

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:04
Not a moment too soon,,, Dennis really was leaning on her the other day and I can not believe he believes her rubbish story.And Sharon is really naive for her age.. :searchme: she is another one that is starting to grate on my nerves too !!!!!

sharon will never get on my nerves, i love her she's fantastic!

angelblue
16-08-2005, 11:07
Bondboffin are you a S&D fan i wont say shannis for some reason i dont why :cheer:

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:13
Bondboffin are you a S&D fan i wont say shannis for some reason i dont why :cheer:

i adore the ground letitia dean walks on she is fantastic and the best thing of eastenders, bar peggy mitchell

i dont like dennis one bit, he is a poor character, and played by a poor actor, i only approve of "shannis" as sharon is one half of it, how can she go from the mighty mitchells to a pafetic little wannabe like dennis!?

long live sharon watts/rickman!

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 12:10
sharon will never get on my nerves, i love her she's fantastic!
Well thats ok too :-) No one can like every character on the show,, i do not worship the ground ANY of them walk on,,:rotfl: they are just human beings like we are :lol:

Sooz15
16-08-2005, 14:47
I don't thnk Dennis trusts Chrissie at all, that's why he won't let things drop!!!!

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 14:51
I don't thnk Dennis trusts Chrissie at all, that's why he won't let things drop!!!!

Which is why I have a feeling Chrissie is gonna poop down both legs when the BILL shows up asking her where her old man is :rotfl:

angelblue
16-08-2005, 14:51
In some respect i think your right sooz15 thinking an about she did manipulate the situation before he asked sharon to marry him I think he is suspicious i think he now knows he cant trust chrissie a 100% anymore but i dont know if he suspect chrissie is hiding some think from them :lol:

Johnny Allen
16-08-2005, 14:53
Chrissie isn't exactly all that discreet or subtle so Dennis is beginning to suss her out

chance
16-08-2005, 15:12
those characters no matter how good they are arent exactly making the programme boom at the moment are they so maybe its a good thing they are all going then we will see new people and it may entice the viewers it lost back :searchme:

angelblue
16-08-2005, 15:18
I dont think ee is bad at the moment i think it getting really good :)

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 15:19
In some respect i think your right sooz15 thinking an about she did manipulate the situation before he asked sharon to marry him I think he is suspicious i think he now knows he cant trust chrissie a 100% anymore but i dont know if he suspect chrissie is hiding some think from them :lol:

Hiding something?????:hmm: :sick: U think LOL :rotfl: I wouldn't trust her any further than I could throw her :lol:

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 15:21
I dont think ee is bad at the moment i think it getting really good :)

Building up the tempo.. I am just waiting for the cymbals to CRASH !!!!!!!:rotfl:

angelblue
16-08-2005, 15:22
We will see how it all plans out justjodi in the few weeks :)

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 15:24
Chrissie isn't exactly all that discreet or subtle so Dennis is beginning to suss her out

Dennis will suss her out sooner or later,, when they start blaming some one else for Dens death,, hes gonna be watching Chrissie like a hawk :clap:

angelblue
16-08-2005, 15:28
I dont think they will rest until they find out who killed him :)

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 15:32
I dont think they will rest until they find out who killed him :)

Dennis may hate his dad, but he will want to see justice done for Sharons peace of mind,, but boyyyyyyyy when it comes out who really did it,, some one is gonna be in TROUUUUBBBLEEEEEEE:rotfl:

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 15:33
i no

angelblue
16-08-2005, 15:33
He doesnt go to the funeral apparently

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 15:49
He doesnt go to the funeral apparently

U mean he doesnt go to Dens funeral ??? Oh wow!!! wonder why not ????:searchme:

angelblue
16-08-2005, 15:50
Yeah i read some were he doesnt go because even though den is dead he still able to mess thing up for him beyond the grave :)

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 15:52
Yeah i read some were he doesnt go because even though den is dead he still able to mess thing up for him beyond the grave :)

but if u think about it hard enuff Angel,,, its true,, Den is still wrecking havoc even dead :angry:

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 15:53
i no lol

angelblue
16-08-2005, 15:55
Yeah the only way they are going to be happy is if sharon lets go of the past and her dad and dennis needs to face up to wot has happened and how den has hurt him :lol:

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 16:31
Yeah the only way they are going to be happy is if sharon lets go of the past and her dad and dennis needs to face up to wot has happened and how den has hurt him :lol:
Wonder if Dennis or Sharon or Chrissie have to "indentify" the body :sick:

Treacle
16-08-2005, 16:39
Everybody apart from Sharon was never there in the beginning the show has coped without every single one of them and been top notch!

angelblue
16-08-2005, 16:43
Yeah that is very true WQ i just meant we grown to like the characters that are their now

I just about remember sharongate i was quite young but it was excellent and their are some brilliant past storylines :)

Treacle
16-08-2005, 16:50
Yeah that is very true WQ i just meant we grown to like the characters that are their now

I just about remember sharongate i was quite young but it was excellent and their are some brilliant past storylines :)The show can and has gone on without them before. I will miss some of them because they've been pretty central characters lately. I love Kat but hate Alfie so won't be sorry to see the back of him. I do think it's going to be pretty hard to adjust because it's not just one or two that are off it's a whole busload in a short space of time but I do think the show can survive this. They're bringing in an influx of new characters they're also bringing back some old faces and they still have some established cast members there. Pauline, Ian, Dot, Jim and Pat etc...
Have faith! :D
Of course it won't be the same because the characters are going so it is going to be different but it's been different before and it's worked! :D

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 16:51
Everybody apart from Sharon was never there in the beginning the show has coped without every single one of them and been top notch!

I have only been able to read some past story lines,, from what I did read things looked pretty good.. remember I only started watching when Phil and Sharon were just about ready to split up.. something to do with Jamie ??? and Sharon unable to have babies,, but really the story lines I read from before that really appeared to be great,, any one know where I can get the EE 25th anniversary book ???? Jodi:searchme:

Treacle
16-08-2005, 16:53
I have only been able to read some past story lines,, from what I did read things looked pretty good.. remember I only started watching when Phil and Sharon were just about ready to split up.. something to do with Jamie ??? and Sharon unable to have babies,, but really the story lines I read from before that really appeared to be great,, any one know where I can get the EE 25th anniversary book ???? Jodi:searchme: The show is only 20 so I doubt you'll be able to get the 25th anniversary book yet :lol:

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 16:55
lol who as got the book out now

JustJodi
The show is only 20 so I doubt you'll be able to get the 25th anniversary book yet :lol: Whoops I typed that wrong,, LOL gee whiz :rotfl: Thanks for that WQ wuvs ya too :moonie:

angelblue
I think you can get it from waterstones or even from ebay website i hope that helps :)

Jojo
16-08-2005, 16:56
I have only been able to read some past story lines,, from what I did read things looked pretty good.. remember I only started watching when Phil and Sharon were just about ready to split up.. something to do with Jamie ??? and Sharon unable to have babies,, but really the story lines I read from before that really appeared to be great,, any one know where I can get the EE 25th anniversary book ???? Jodi:searchme: :rotfl:

Amazon or somewhere like that will have it Jodi ..

There is always panic when a big load of the cast leave, but like you say WQ, how many characters are still there from the beginning - and considering the impact Den and Angie had on the show they were only there for a couple of years ...

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 16:56
I think you can get it from waterstones or even from ebay website i hope that helps :)

Super we have a Waterstones in Amsterdam, and I am going into the city next week . gonna look for it and save it for when I fly over to the states, will be a good read :cheer: thanks Angel :D

Alisha
16-08-2005, 16:57
those characters no matter how good they are arent exactly making the programme boom at the moment are they so maybe its a good thing they are all going then we will see new people and it may entice the viewers it lost back :searchme:

Nah I wouldn't say the characters -it’s the writers. We have had a great week with the Millers and the writing was splendid for that story. That was realism at its best which gave the actors involved a great opportunity to shine.

Sharon, Dennis, Kat, Chrissie and Sam are big characters who have a lot of potential. They are great actors who play a key role in the show. Now I know that no character is bigger than the show but lets be realistic here, it’s these character that most people seem to like in general. Even if it’s not all –there must be one or two and therefore all together they provide a balance for the audience on a wider scale if you get my drift.

We also have Alfie, Nana, Tina who leaving who aren't that important (although Alfie is popular-god knows why!)

I suppose what I'm trying to say is we have these great characters which have been rubbished by dire scripts in the recent year. It’s no surprise they want to leave.

We have Kat/Alfie/Mo -who honestly likes that storyline? We have Sharon winging about Den and Dennis becoming MR nice guy with little character development. Tina/Johnny boring. They both can act but their characters are too domesticated. Chrissie has been the shining light this year but even her character is often portrayed as cold hearted bitch and nothing in comparison to the bubbly feisty chick she was when she first arrived.

If you think about it the show is still storyline based and not character based. This is Eastenders biggest down fall right now. If they don’t stay true to the characters, then the are not developing them appropriately and this puts viewers of. A lot of its based on sensationalism than any natural character progression. I can be here for ever discussing how many characters have changed due to plot devises. Chrissie, Sharon, Dennis and Sharon are central to ee’s biggest plotline this year and as huge as it may be –it’s all plot based and not character orientation has been thrown out of the window in most parts.

If it was just one or two popular characters leaving then there would be no problems. I've been watching ee for a long time now and I've seen popular characters come and go and the show still continuing to give great drama and entertain viewers. However I've never remembered a time when so many popular characters were leaving at one. Its not like Gus and Minty leaving. These characters are well established ones.

I look forward to new comers but some times the audience aren’t very receptive and if they don’t like them its axe! With all these characters leaving ee are left with a huge void to fill. They now need a new flux of middle aged character and therefore have to go through the whole process of developing them. They are replaceing old established cast with new characters they have to develop so they have their work cut out but there the risk lies. Some may work and others don’t.

angelblue
16-08-2005, 16:58
yes alisha you summed it up pretty well this what i am trying to say people

All these great character and to be honesty i have liked most of the storylines this year apart from the drivel of kat/alfie/little mo

also apart from sharon/dennis/zoe love triangle there was no need for zoe when we already had the third party the one and only den watts :lol:

Treacle
16-08-2005, 17:00
Nah I wouldn't say the characters -it’s the writers. We have had a great week with the Millers and the writing was splendid for that story. That was realism at its best which gave the actors involved a great opportunity to shine.

Sharon, Dennis, Kat, Chrissie and Sam are big characters who have a lot of potential. They are great actors who play a key role in the show. Now I know that no character is bigger than the show but lets be realistic here, it’s these character that most people seem to like in general. Even if it’s not all –there must be one or two and therefore all together they provide a balance for the audience on a wider scale if you get my drift.

We also have Alfie, Nana, Tina who leaving who aren't that important (although Alfie is popular-god knows why!)

I suppose what I'm trying to say is we have these great characters which have been rubbished by dire scripts in the recent year. It’s no surprise they want to leave.

We have Kat/Alfie/Mo -who honestly likes that storyline? We have Sharon winging about Den and Dennis becoming MR nice guy with little character development. Tina/Johnny boring. They both can act but their characters are too domesticated. Chrissie has been the shining light this year but even her character is often portrayed as cold hearted bitch and nothing in comparison to the bubbly feisty chick she was when she first arrived.

If you think about it the show is still storyline based and not character based. This is Eastenders biggest down fall right now. If they don’t stay true to the characters, then the are not developing them appropriately and this puts viewers of. A lot of its based on sensationalism than any natural character progression. I can be here for ever discussing how many characters have changed due to plot devises. Chrissie, Sharon, Dennis and Sharon are central to ee’s biggest plotline this year and as huge as it may be –it’s all plot based and not character orientation has been thrown out of the window in most parts.

If it was just one or two popular characters leaving then there would be no problems. I've been watching ee for a long time now and I've seen popular characters come and go and the show still continuing to give great drama and entertain viewers. However I've never remembered a time when so many popular characters were leaving at one. Its not like Gus and Minty leaving. These characters are well established ones.

I look forward to new comers but some times the audience aren’t very receptive and if they don’t like them its axe! With all these characters leaving ee are left with a huge void to fill. They now need a new flux of middle aged character and therefore have to go through the whole process of developing them. They are replaceing old established cast with new characters they have to develop so they have their work cut out but there the risk lies. Some may work and others don’t.You're right nobody is bigger than the show and it will go on without those characters just like it has done in the past :)

Jojo
16-08-2005, 17:01
I do feel for the actors that play these roles, but then you also have the actors that think they are better than they actually are, leave EE behind expecting loads of work to come and nothing happens, or the stuff they do is pretty naff..

The writers have got a lot to answer for, but we are definitely on the way up again - we're coming back..

Treacle
16-08-2005, 17:01
The 20th book is a very interesting read :)
I preferred the 10 years book though personally :)

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 17:05

I look forward to new comers but some times the audience aren’t very receptive and if they don’t like them its axe! With all these characters leaving ee are left with a huge void to fill. They now need a new flux of middle aged character and therefore have to go through the whole process of developing them. They are replaceing old established cast with new characters they have to develop so they have their work cut out but there the risk lies. Some may work and others don’t.
Wow that pretty much sums it all up..:clap: well put

angelblue
16-08-2005, 17:09
Like it was said some people think they are better then show and leave for example jamie mitchell and even though he might of popular character it did nothing for him in the long run :)

Jojo
16-08-2005, 17:11
Like it was said some people think they are better then show and leave for example jamie mitchell and even though he might of popular character it did nothing for him in the long run :)I was thinking of him (mostly because of the Family Affairs thing and the fact thats pretty much done nothing since leaving EE and bitching about them) and if you think, what did Leslie Grantham do between EE stints - Fort Boyard ummmm anything else!!

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 17:13
I was thinking of him (mostly because of the Family Affairs thing and the fact thats pretty much done nothing since leaving EE and bitching about them) and if you think, what did Leslie Grantham do between EE stints - Fort Boyard ummmm anything else!!

Google Leslies name and u can find out what he has been up to.. I think he even has his own web site some where ,,,:searchme:

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 17:16
yeah i no i use to watch fort boyard with him on but i dont like it now

Jojo
16-08-2005, 17:18
There are only a few actors that actually come away from a great show like EE and get good work after - Tamsin Outhwaite springs to mind, but these actors are the ones that are actually pretty good actors, not ones that can only turn their hand to soap acting

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 17:18
i liked her

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 17:20
i liked her

I liked her in RED CAP.. she really was good in it,,, OMG I HIT 1000 POSTS,,,,,, NOW i CAN GO FIX DINNER FOR MY HUBBY LOL :rotfl:

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 17:22
i no

Jojo
16-08-2005, 17:23
I liked her in RED CAP.. she really was good in it,,, OMG I HIT 1000 POSTS,,,,,, NOW i CAN GO FIX DINNER FOR MY HUBBY LOL :rotfl: :cheer: Congrats!!!

Chris_2k11
16-08-2005, 17:23
I liked her in RED CAP.. she really was good in it,,, OMG I HIT 1000 POSTS,,,,,, NOW i CAN GO FIX DINNER FOR MY HUBBY LOL :rotfl: Congrats on the 1000 posts! :D

Treacle
16-08-2005, 17:25
Of course it won't be the same but it doesn't mean it has to be bad. Anybody would think it's only been good in recent years and because of these characters. I have been watching since 1985 and there's been plenty of good characters who have come and gone over the years!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 17:26
Of course it won't be the same but it doesn't mean it has to be bad. Anybody would think it's only been good in recent years and because of these characters. I have been watching since 1985 and there's been plenty of good characters who have come and gone over the years!I'm 100% with you there WQ

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 17:28
and me

Treacle
16-08-2005, 17:33
I'm 100% with you there WQI think the only real problem with these people going is that their exits are all in a short amount of time.

Jojo
16-08-2005, 17:36
And I think thats probably the reason why some are panicking (sp?) about it too, but I expect the writers will focus a little bit more on the characters that aren't leaving prior to that happening to take the edge off a bit, and then people will wonder why they were worried (though I am not worred about Mr Moon going!!)

Treacle
16-08-2005, 17:42
And I think thats probably the reason why some are panicking (sp?) about it too, but I expect the writers will focus a little bit more on the characters that aren't leaving prior to that happening to take the edge off a bit, and then people will wonder why they were worried (though I am not worred about Mr Moon going!!)Oh him :rolleyes:
Let's hope he stays away!

I used to like him back in 2002 but now :eek:

Anyways enough of him, I agree with what you're saying re: exits but the show will pull through :)

Jojo
16-08-2005, 17:44
Oh him :rolleyes:
Let's hope he stays away!

I used to like him back in 2002 but now :eek:

Anyways enough of him, I agree with what you're saying re: exits but the show will pull through :)Yep - it always has done and always will do

Treacle
16-08-2005, 17:59
Yep - it always has done and always will doMost of these people only entered the show after the year 2000 anyways :)

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 18:52
i no

Bryan
16-08-2005, 19:24
I think the only real problem with these people going is that their exits are all in a short amount of time.

we'll be used to so many dramatic episodes, that once theyve gone every will die down and we'll go "how boring" when its probably not, just in comparission to the autumn that weve been wathcing

Eastenders_4ev@
16-08-2005, 21:31
i kno we are losing load of peps

Sharon dennis, kat alfie ect

Omg its not fair