PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be Next

callummc
15-08-2005, 21:18
well the list of leavers is growing and i just got to thinking who will be next,i have a feeling june brown a ne james alexandra maybe even wendy richard,who else feels that the list is gonna get bigger ,but i think the next announcment will be the guy who plays johnny allen,cos thers already been rumours about him and there aint no smoke without a fire

pops110874
15-08-2005, 22:17
nah dont think june or wendy will leave - unless they wana retire......?

Maybe James Alexandra will leave.....also kacey ainsworth probably wont stay much longer. Her character is kind of at a dead end, what with the kalfie plot ending at Christmas and the majority of slaters leaving. Unless she gets back with billy and is welcomed back into the mitchell fold

Layne
15-08-2005, 22:18
I've got a feeling if anyone to leave it would be:
James Alexandrou
Natalie Cassidy
Billy Murray
Kacey Ainsworth

callummc
15-08-2005, 22:27
I wonder how long it will take till we hear whos going next,maybe they should blow up the square,let a handfull survive and start again

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 01:12
Do you folks think the Millers will remain in Walford??? I have a feeling they may be leaving next ...:searchme:

Treacle
16-08-2005, 01:16
Do you folks think the Millers will remain in Walford??? I have a feeling they may be leaving next ...:searchme: I think they'll stay their contracts are up for renewal around about this time and I think they'll probably be signed up for atleast another year which is good because they're a great family unit :)

Treacle
16-08-2005, 01:17
I personally don't think June Brown or Wendy Richard would ever leave unless they really did want to retire!

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 01:22
I personally don't think June Brown or Wendy Richard would ever leave unless they really did want to retire!

or their health forces them to :searchme:

Treacle
16-08-2005, 01:23
or their health forces them to :searchme: Maybe but both appear to be in fine health to me :)

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 01:38
Maybe but both appear to be in fine health to me :)

Wasn't Wendy ill for real some time ago ???..Remember she came back wearing a wig???

Treacle
16-08-2005, 01:40
Wasn't Wendy ill for real some time ago ???..Remember she came back wearing a wig??? She's had cancer before.

Which wig? I never really notice when they wear wigs. I know Dot now wears a wig and Peggy's wore one in her time for one of her hairstyles but I don't really notice them to be honest.

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 01:42
She's had cancer before.

Which wig? I never really notice when they wear wigs. I know Dot now wears a wig and Peggy's wore one in her time for one of her hairstyles but I don't really notice them to be honest.

Just watch the hairlines u some times can tell..Wendys real hair is finally grown out...Sharon has wayyyy too many hair extensions..cos it just looks un natural..power of observation LOL

Treacle
16-08-2005, 01:44
I know Big Mo sometimes wears a wig as well.

Babe14
16-08-2005, 07:54
I don't think any of the mentioned will leave. There are rumours about Big Mo, Charlie and Johnny but I don't think any of them will leave.

I think it will be quiet for a while then the next batch will start.

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 07:57
I know Big Mo sometimes wears a wig as well.

You can bet Peggy will come in wearing some super hair extensions !!! LOL

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 08:45
I don't think any of the mentioned will leave. There are rumours about Big Mo, Charlie and Johnny but I don't think any of them will leave.

I think it will be quiet for a while then the next batch will start.

Hmmmmm I can't see them leaving ( big Mo and Charlie) and not taking Stacey with them...Lil Mo will probably eventually go then ???? Gawd the SLATTERS gone ?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Johnny Allen
16-08-2005, 09:16
My betting is on the one who plays Tina, especially if Billy Murray leaves.

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 09:20
Figure Tina will leave long before Bill Murray ??? All the Walford gangsters seem to end up DEAD..Dalton,Andy.. so who knows..:searchme:

BlackKat
16-08-2005, 09:22

She's already leaving - in the Autumn I think.

I think Kacey Ainsworth will go soon - maybe not this year, but next year I think. Hopefully they'll manage to keep Johnny Allen around a bit longer, but if they don't do something with his character I can see Billy Murray wanting to walk.

Johnny Allen
16-08-2005, 09:23
She's already leaving, good shes a pointless character any way

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 09:35
She's already leaving - in the Autumn I think.

I think Kacey Ainsworth will go soon - maybe not this year, but next year I think. Hopefully they'll manage to keep Johnny Allen around a bit longer, but if they don't do something with his character I can see Billy Murray wanting to walk.

Bill Murray is a great actor to be honest.. I just see him sort of stuck in a rut.. EE needs to do something about his story line to keep him interesting, or other wise as you said,, he will just leave...:nono:

Bryan
16-08-2005, 09:48
we'll be stuck with the millers, the beales, pauline and the brannings and trumeans until the end

i cant see dawn miller lasting long, nor naomi or joe, nor jake, the slaters, i donno all the strong charatcers will go leaving us with the old and boring characters

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 09:50
we'll be stuck with the millers, the beales, pauline and the brannings and trumeans until the end

i cant see dawn miller lasting long, nor naomi or joe, nor jake, the slaters, i donno all the strong charatcers will go leaving us with the old and boring characters

Dare I say Sonia and Martin ????:rotfl:

Kim
16-08-2005, 09:55

There has now been a rumor or a confirmation that everyone in the Slater family is leaving.

Bryan
16-08-2005, 09:59
Dare I say Sonia and Martin ????:rotfl:

i dont know, possibly, in a few years, natalie is a very talemntred actress and could have left ages ago, but she respects the show for giving her the chance to shine and i think she will stick by it until she believes her character has run its course, and james is a poor actor, so he wont find anything else so he'll stay too

Bryan
16-08-2005, 09:59
There has now been a rumor or a confirmation that everyone in the Slater family is leaving.

i really hope its a rumour, besides big mo is a harris and little mo is a mitchell, :p so thats a way to save them lol! but i know what you mean

Babe14
16-08-2005, 10:00
Actually thinking about it and given his recent behaviour as much as he is being paid Steve McFadden aka Phil Mitchell could well benext if he doesn't start behaving. Unless of course it's too late...Tina has been a waste of resources.

To keep Billy Murray they will have to give him some gritty and dramatic storylines or he'll walk.

Personally It is looking more and more to me that the problems may well be in the writing and Production dept, although some good stuff has been put out these past couple of weeks with the Millers..

Babe14
16-08-2005, 10:03

I heard something like that a while back and at the time it was said the only Slater who had been saved was Zoe (Michelle Ryan) and that was due to her sex symbol status. In a way the Millers have now taken over from the Slaters.

With regards to Big Mo and Charlie not enough is being or has been done with their characters..

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:06
I heard something like that a while back and at the time it was said the only Slater who had been saved was Zoe (Michelle Ryan) and that was due to her sex symbol status. In a way the Millers have now taken over from the Slaters.

With regards to Big Mo and Charlie not enough is being or has been done with their characters..

i still say peggy and charlie get together! it strengthens both the mitchell and slater families!!!!

i will never except the millers have replaced the slaters, they will never be as cherished to me as the slaters, i must admit i like the millers now, after just under a year of sheer resentment, this demi/leo drugs OD conclusion has made me like the millers but never as much as the slaters!

Babe14
16-08-2005, 10:07

Disagree. Jake(Joel) I can see being around for a very long time providing the character is given the right kind of storylines, he is a strong character. Dawn Miller I can also see a lot of potential for, same with Joe (I know we haven't seen them yet but it's just an instinct I have) Naomi I think she will grow on me but I need to see the character a lot more, vey early days yet.

The remaining Slaters there is potential there to.

Babe14
16-08-2005, 10:09
i still say peggy and charlie get together! it strengthens both the mitchell and slater families!!!!

i will never except the millers have replaced the slaters, they will never be as cherished to me as the slaters, i must admit i like the millers now, after just under a year of sheer resentment, this demi/leo drugs OD conclusion has made me like the millers but never as much as the slaters!

I love the Millers. No I think Peggy and Johnny:)

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:11
I think maybe Kacey will leave next, I mean, whats going to happen when everyone finds out she having "fun" with Alfie. There are some that I think will always be there though, like Pauline, Pat etc...

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:14
I think maybe Kacey will leave next, I mean, whats going to happen when everyone finds out she having "fun" with Alfie. There are some that I think will always be there though, like Pauline, Pat etc...

i agree this molfie stuff has not done Mo any favours, she's cut her ties with Billy and will have done so with the Slaters when this comes out, the whole sqaure will hate her for this alfie stuff

like kat, i believe she should go out on a high, so we remember her for her abuse storyline, rape storyline, billy romance and self defence storyline instead of molfie and all events leading from it

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:14
I love the Millers. No I think Peggy and Johnny:)

am i the only one to think peggy and charlie being together is a good idea!!??

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:17
am i the only one to think peggy and charlie being together is a good idea!!??I agree with you BB...they were really good together before Harry came along (and Frank too), they're a great double act and I think there should be romance in there for them both..

Babe14
16-08-2005, 10:20
If they had Peggy and Charlie together agian it would just be deja vu.

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:22
But they never really got together as a couple - it was more friendship. I don't the writers will put them together as a couple but I would have liked to have seen it happen

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:29
If they had Peggy and Charlie together agian it would just be deja vu.

as jojomum said they never got together, as charlie was about to go up and tell her how he felt, Harry had beaten him too it! :mad:

i reckon peggy knows she needs to settle down, shes too old for all this drama and action, she needs to settle down and if charlie made another advance she should see sense and marry him, more like in a dot and jim way, not passionate but their is genuine affection there

christmas dinners with the mitchells and the slaters, imagine the looks and awkard silences, has peggy ever had a sucessful xmas dinner? and at the breakfast table big mo picking up her sasuage and eating it whole, while Peggy cuts it into small peices with her knife and fork looking down on her! lol!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:32
Xmas day would be fantastic - I could imagine the slaters starting to argue and then chucking the food at each other and Peggy sat there horrified by it all - excellent

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:34
Xmas day would be fantastic - I could imagine the slaters starting to argue and then chucking the food at each other and Peggy sat there horrified by it all - excellent

remember the 2000 xmas day when lisa and mel were arguing and peggy was peed off! classic!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:36
Oh crumbs - yeah. It was worse for Peggy aswell, cause she loves the family get together on Christmas day meals - like the one with Tiff, Grant and Lorraine, Joe etc Peggy wants everything to be so perfect at Xmas Day dinner and it always goes wrong!!

pops110874
16-08-2005, 10:49
Oh crumbs - yeah. It was worse for Peggy aswell, cause she loves the family get together on Christmas day meals - like the one with Tiff, Grant and Lorraine, Joe etc Peggy wants everything to be so perfect at Xmas Day dinner and it always goes wrong!!

I loved that xmas episode!! Has to be one of the best!!

There is nothing quite like a mitchell family christmas at the vic!! :cheer:

Bryan
16-08-2005, 10:51
I loved that xmas episode!! Has to be one of the best!!

There is nothing quite like a mitchell family christmas at the vic!! :cheer:

or as it may turn out this year in Minty/Sam's one bedroomed flat!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:58
Peggy would still want her family around the table with her, they'd be all squashed in, though the way the slaters have left and are leaving, it could be that they spend Xmas there - which just made me think - where are they all going to live. You're right BB, there's Minty and Garys (cause Minty would never see Mrs M on the street) or Sam's, and won't she be inside at that point??

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 11:04
Peggy would still want her family around the table with her, they'd be all squashed in, though the way the slaters have left and are leaving, it could be that they spend Xmas there - which just made me think - where are they all going to live. You're right BB, there's Minty and Garys (cause Minty would never see Mrs M on the street) or Sam's, and won't she be inside at that point??

thought Yolande and Patrick got rid of the B&B because they were going to be foster parents :searchme:

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:07
thought Yolande and Patrick got rid of the B&B because they were going to be foster parents :searchme:

lol when she said BB she was apprebvaiting my name Bond Boffin! lol!

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 11:07
But they never really got together as a couple - it was more friendship. I don't the writers will put them together as a couple but I would have liked to have seen it happen

Hmmm What about Pat and Charlie ????? they could have been a real nice couple too ....:searchme:

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:09
Hmmm What about Pat and Charlie ????? they could have been a real nice couple too ....:searchme:

omg you are a genius just joid: pat and peggy mortal enmeis becuase of Frank, mortal enemies because of Charlie! or it could work pat and peggy with jonny aswell! superb! another "you cow, you bitch!" arguments!!!! YES!!!!!

pops110874
16-08-2005, 11:12

Good point! Where will the mitchells live?

Surely they must aquire the vic?

Maybe billy would let them stay in his little flat? :hmm:

But sam will be banged up by then (probably) so it will only be peggy, phil, grant (and courtney?)

Nah.....just cant imagine that lot living anywhere but the vic!!

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:17
Good point! Where will the mitchells live?

Surely they must aquire the vic?

Maybe billy would let them stay in his little flat? :hmm:

But sam will be banged up by then (probably) so it will only be peggy, phil, grant (and courtney?)

Nah.....just cant imagine that lot living anywhere but the vic!!

billy hasnt got a flat anymore, he lives in pats house. and peggy wouldnt want to live in same house as pat!

the mitchells will be living in sam's one bedroomed flat surely, it will be intretsing to see them without the vic, as they cant lord over walford without it which means we'll see a new side to them

Jojo
16-08-2005, 11:19
billy hasnt got a flat anymore, he lives in pats house. and peggy wouldnt want to live in same house as pat!

the mitchells will be living in sam's one bedroomed flat surely, it will be intretsing to see them without the vic, as they cant lord over walford without it which means we'll see a new side to themOooo this is going to get so interesting!!!! I can't wait - the matriarch of Walford with no where to stay but a 1 bed flat.......

pops110874
16-08-2005, 11:20

the mitchells will be living in sam's one bedroomed flat surely, it will be intretsing to see them without the vic, as they cant lord over walford without it which means we'll see a new side to them

so he does!! no we couldnt expect pat and peggy to live in the same house...think of the arguements :eek:

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:21
Oooo this is going to get so interesting!!!! I can't wait - the matriarch of Walford with no where to stay but a 1 bed flat.......

exactly this will provide some fantastic scenes! and if the vic were ever to be sold wouldnt it be great if she was outbid by someone like ian beale or pat evans who she hates!!!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 11:22
But it would be fun though - Peggy staying in her old house but no longer owning it, but her arch rival owns it instead - the bitchiness etc, would be fantastic to watch, especially with Pat reminding Peggy that its not her house etc

Bryan
so he does!! no we couldnt expect pat and peggy to live in the same house...think of the arguements :eek:

peggy would rather go homeless than sleep under the same roof as "that cow!"

Treacle

i cant see dawn miller lasting long, nor naomi or joe, nor jake, the slaters, i donno all the strong charatcers will go leaving us with the old and boring charactersThat's not very fair, you can't cite three new characters 2 of which haven't even made it on-screen yet and say they won't last long.

Treacle
16-08-2005, 11:23
i dont know, possibly, in a few years, natalie is a very talemntred actress and could have left ages ago, but she respects the show for giving her the chance to shine and i think she will stick by it until she believes her character has run its course, and james is a poor actor, so he wont find anything else so he'll stay tooNatalie will be there forever she's not big headed like a lot of the people in the industry.

Treacle
16-08-2005, 11:24
There has now been a rumor or a confirmation that everyone in the Slater family is leaving.What's your source?

pops110874
:eek: I cant believe we are discussing the possibility of a square full of mitchells but none in the vic!

Bryan
That's not very fair, you can't cite three new characters 2 of which haven't even made it on-screen yet and say they won't last long.

i hope all the best that they do suceed, but they are singletons that i dont think will do that well

and kara toiton who will play dawn miller i think will get loads of magaxzine deals and photo shoots, and shell get too big for her boots and want to leave

Treacle
16-08-2005, 11:25
Actually thinking about it and given his recent behaviour as much as he is being paid Steve McFadden aka Phil Mitchell could well benext if he doesn't start behaving. Unless of course it's too late...Tina has been a waste of resources.

To keep Billy Murray they will have to give him some gritty and dramatic storylines or he'll walk.

Personally It is looking more and more to me that the problems may well be in the writing and Production dept, although some good stuff has been put out these past couple of weeks with the Millers..I read in the paper that they may not be offering Steve McFadden another contract next year.

Treacle
16-08-2005, 11:26
I think maybe Kacey will leave next, I mean, whats going to happen when everyone finds out she having "fun" with Alfie. There are some that I think will always be there though, like Pauline, Pat etc...Yes I think Kacey will eventually go as well.

Treacle
16-08-2005, 11:26
remember the 2000 xmas day when lisa and mel were arguing and peggy was peed off! classic!They had a fight :D

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:27
I read in the paper that they may not be offering Steve McFadden another contract next year.

i think its unfair that they dont becuase of his personal life, not his fault his ex lover has told tales

the only thing that they can use against him is him slagging the show and its stars off, silly man, he should have knew it would come out at some point and jeopadise his carrer!

pops110874
I read in the paper that they may not be offering Steve McFadden another contract next year.

Really? Wow, whats the point of Grant returning if Phil isnt staying!!

Theyre bruvvers!!!!

I know his off screen antics will be an issue - but come on.....its phil!!

No one does the red face and bulgy eyes quite like phil!! :)

Jojo
Yes I think Kacey will eventually go as well.Plus with the rumours going around about Desperate Housewives etc.....what else will be left for her once the square know about her and Alfie....

Treacle
16-08-2005, 11:28
i hope all the best that they do suceed, but they are singletons that i dont think will do that well

and kara toiton who will play dawn miller i think will get loads of magaxzine deals and photo shoots, and shell get too big for her boots and want to leaveDawn Miller isn't a singleton.

Treacle
16-08-2005, 11:28
Really? Wow, whats the point of Grant returning if Phil isnt staying!!

Theyre bruvvers!!!!

I know his off screen antics will be an issue - but come on.....its phil!!

No one does the red face and bulgy eyes quite like phil!! :)Well the show can and will go on without Mr. Potato Head!

Treacle
16-08-2005, 11:29
i think its unfair that they dont becuase of his personal life, not his fault his ex lover has told tales

the only thing that they can use against him is him slagging the show and its stars off, silly man, he should have knew it would come out at some point and jeopadise his carrer!They could let him come back next year but what would be the point when nobody wants to talk to him?

Bryan
Plus with the rumours going around about Desperate Housewives etc.....what else will be left for her once the square know about her and Alfie....

same could have been said for "what can happen to her now her and billy are back together"

theres always something new to occur

i think if he was to film in DH, then she'd have a break, possibly Little Mo goes aay for a while, unable to cope with everyones snide comments, but returns to walford with a new man

.:SpIcYsPy:.
lol!!

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:30
They could let him come back next year but what would be the point when nobody wants to talk to him?

they'd have no choice really, speak to him or loose your job

but would it be worth him coming back, if so many others would revolt, go on strike or quit in protest???

Treacle
16-08-2005, 11:31
I think it's unfair to take guesses at who will leave next to be honest it makes it sound like a sinking ship which it's not!

Treacle
16-08-2005, 11:31
they'd have no choice really, speak to him or loose your job

but would it be worth him coming back, if so many others would revolt, go on strike or quit in protest???Well Barbara Windsor has already called him a pervert.

Bryan
16-08-2005, 11:34
Well Barbara Windsor has already called him a pervert.

fab! :rotfl:

scene 1 - steve's house - day

phone rings, steve takes off his wig, dissapointment to onlookers. he picks up the phone

steve: (husky) hello?

babs: (squeaky) you perv! (puts phone down)

end of scene :rotfl:

pops110874
16-08-2005, 11:35

phone rings, steve takes off his wig, dissapointment to onlookers. he picks up the phone

teehee!! :rotfl:

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 12:07
omg you are a genius just joid: pat and peggy mortal enmeis becuase of Frank, mortal enemies because of Charlie! or it could work pat and peggy with jonny aswell! superb! another "you cow, you bitch!" arguments!!!! YES!!!!!

darnnnnnn I am ready for a good cat fight,,, yesssssss :cheer:

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 13:31

YOU GOTTA LOVE BABS...."YOU PERV " u can almost see the same expression when she utters the famous "git outta my pub" !!!!
Oh lordy to be a fly on the wall to have seen the expression on his pudgy red face:lol:

Johnny Allen
16-08-2005, 14:20
YOU GOTTA LOVE BABS...."YOU PERV " u can almost see the same expression when she utters the famous "git outta my pub" !!!!
Oh lordy to be a fly on the wall to have seen the expression on his pudgy red face:lol:

Barbara Windsor certainly has alot of mouth for a little lady but you got to laugh her for it.

Treacle
16-08-2005, 17:04
Barbara Windsor certainly has alot of mouth for a little lady but you got to laugh her for it.Too right, she's like a little Hitler I love her character!

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 17:09
Too right, she's like a little Hitler I love her character!

You know gang.. I really missed that little package of dynamite.. shes something to watch.. saw most of her old movies on late nite tv,, she was so funny,, I am glad shes back,, for what ever amount of time she is on :thumbsup: Any one have an idea how long she will be on the show now,, or is she on a limited contract ??? :searchme:

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 17:13
i no and me

Jojo
16-08-2005, 17:14
You know gang.. I really missed that little package of dynamite.. shes something to watch.. saw most of her old movies on late nite tv,, she was so funny,, I am glad shes back,, for what ever amount of time she is on :thumbsup: Any one have an idea how long she will be on the show now,, or is she on a limited contract ??? :searchme: Not sure how long she's back for, long term hopefully though. Its a far cry from her carry on days though, thats for sure!!!

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 17:16
Not sure how long she's back for, long term hopefully though. Its a far cry from her carry on days though, thats for sure!!!

I wonder what her old co star Sid would think of her as Peggy,, I realize the man is long dead now,, but he was her biggest fan.. hope she is on for a good long time,, shes fun to watch:rotfl:

Jojo
16-08-2005, 17:20
I wonder what her old co star Sid would think of her as Peggy,, I realize the man is long dead now,, but he was her biggest fan.. hope she is on for a good long time,, shes fun to watch:rotfl: Babs is a great actress and no doubt Sid James would let out one of those infectious laughs he used to have - bless him!

Bryan
16-08-2005, 19:42
Babs is a great actress and no doubt Sid James would let out one of those infectious laughs he used to have - bless him!

god bless Sid James, he was a classic comedian, i'm sure he'd have ended up in eastenders if he were still alive

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 22:19
Babs is a great actress and no doubt Sid James would let out one of those infectious laughs he used to have - bless him!

Who do u think Sid would have been good at...Frank ????:rotfl:

soapsforever
16-08-2005, 22:55
I wonder how long it will take till we hear whos going next,maybe they should blow up the square,let a handfull survive and start again

What a good idea. Perhaps the BBC should produce a new soap centred around Dennis the disfunctional hard man and Shaz. The few survivors could play supporting roles and perhaps some really good actors could become involved in exciting story lines written by expert scriptwriters. Well, it's nice to dream.

Jojo
17-08-2005, 09:14
Who do u think Sid would have been good at...Frank ????:rotfl: Definitely!

callummc
17-08-2005, 10:26
I dont think babs is back for the long haul or grant is gonna stick around ether,and now there must be a large qestion mark over phill

i_luv_dennis
17-08-2005, 10:51
dont they all come back together

Bryan
17-08-2005, 12:09
dont they all come back together

peggy first, then when she learns of the mitchell empire, or none existance of it, and sam's problems she calls in her boys

Bryan
17-08-2005, 12:11
I dont think babs is back for the long haul or grant is gonna stick around ether,and now there must be a large qestion mark over phill

babs has a long term contarct, ( :cheer: ) and i think she will stay even after that, she has always been loyal to the show since she joined, eeryone loves her and she loves the show, she only left becuase of her illness, and even plucked up the energy to appear for Sam's wedding last year, when she wasnt even fully recovered, long live babs!

Bryan
17-08-2005, 12:12
Who do u think Sid would have been good at...Frank ????:rotfl:

no way, mike reid is the best as frank! i couldnt imagine anyway else as him lol!

im sure sid would have made a good one somwhere, maybe charlie cotton? :hmm:

callummc
17-08-2005, 13:55
babs has a long term contarct, ( :cheer: ) and i think she will stay even after that, she has always been loyal to the show since she joined, eeryone loves her and she loves the show, she only left becuase of her illness, and even plucked up the energy to appear for Sam's wedding last year, when she wasnt even fully recovered, long live babs!i dont think she'll be able to hack it,she aint no chicken and i dont think shes up for a long term gruelling workload,no disrespect to her,but id hate to see her health go on the decline again,she aint daft if she realises its to much shell go on the theresick ands not much they can do,contract or no contract

Abbie
17-08-2005, 14:02
Do you folks think the Millers will remain in Walford??? I have a feeling they may be leaving next ...:searchme:
i hopw they stay i like them

Abbie
17-08-2005, 14:03
its soo annoying that they are getting rid of so many , soon i wont be able to rcoginise the whole cast

kirsty_g
17-08-2005, 15:18
they will get rid of some one soon

Bryan
17-08-2005, 16:17
i dont think she'll be able to hack it,she aint no chicken and i dont think shes up for a long term gruelling workload,no disrespect to her,but id hate to see her health go on the decline again,she aint daft if she realises its to much shell go on the theresick ands not much they can do,contract or no contract

time will tell, hopefully tough she will be able to stay, she lasted for a few years doing the 4 episodes a week schedule, but as ya say id rather see her fit and out of the show than in it and deteraiting, i love her to death shes so fab, hopefully there will be a whole lot of peggy action for years to come yet!

soapsforever
17-08-2005, 16:30

I don't think they should stick around. In fact, I think it's a pity they are returning to the show at all. The producers clearly think that pulling back as many of the cast that were in the show when it was more successful will help to improve ratings. I'm not at all sure about trying to turn the clock back and if this fails more of the cast will desert!

JustJodi
17-08-2005, 16:31
i hopw they stay i like them

I do too.. they pull together well as a family unit..Walford needs a FAMILY there...

Bryan
17-08-2005, 16:33
I don't think they should stick around. In fact, I think it's a pity they are returning to the show at all. The producers clearly think that pulling back as many of the cast that were in the show when it was more successful will help to improve ratings. I'm not at all sure about trying to turn the clock back and if this fails more of the cast will desert!

why was it sucessful, because there will characters that were well invented and well written, that the public loved and tuned in for, so if you bring back these characters that the public love they will tune in once more, there is nothing wrong with bringing the best bits of the past to help the future, well thats what i think anyway, if youre telling me youll be satisifed with the millers, fat pat and pauline then well what can i say?

BlackKat
17-08-2005, 16:41
why was it sucessful, because there will characters that were well invented and well written, that the public loved and tuned in for, so if you bring back these characters that the public love they will tune in once more, there is nothing wrong with bringing the best bits of the past to help the future, well thats what i think anyway, if youre telling me youll be satisifed with the millers, fat pat and pauline then well what can i say?

I think the key words there are well written. It doesn't matter who the characters are, if they are written right then they'll work. So if the reason people might not be satisfied with the Millers and Pauline is because of the writing at the moment (which I don't actually have a problem with), then whose to say that the Mitchells will be written to a better standard then them when they come back?

Treacle
17-08-2005, 16:44
I think some people need to get an hold of themselves some people think that it's a one character show etc if they'd been watching for a long time they'd realise the show isn't even at it's best with these characters in it!

Bryan
17-08-2005, 16:47
I think the key words there are well written. It doesn't matter who the characters are, if they are written right then they'll work. So if the reason people might not be satisfied with the Millers and Pauline is because of the writing at the moment (which I don't actually have a problem with), then whose to say that the Mitchells will be written to a better standard then them when they come back?

eastenders know that the mitchells are whats needed to boost ratings and salvage the show, so they are gonna be poutting them in every storyline and make sure people will watch the show, so they'll ensure the writing is top knotch overwise there will be the hype over the return, big ratings and then a lot of dissapointment and harsh critiscm, they need to make sure the mitchells returns and storylines are well written, which hopefully they will be, and well acted, which im sure they will be.

Alisha
17-08-2005, 16:48
I agree with you 100% blackcat!

The writing is an essential part of ee and their storylines. If scripts are rubbish, the performances and the development of the actors involved gets down played.

So the Mitchell’s are coming back -and they are good actors (except for Peggy) but does that mean they will work and people will like them just because they once did? Their comeback will only be successful if the writing is up to scratch and lets face it, even though writing has improved over the last year, its still not a patch on what it was in the 90’s.

Bryan
17-08-2005, 16:52
[QUOTE=Alisha]
So the Mitchell’s are coming back -and they are good actors (except for Peggy) QUOTE]

barbara windsor is a fantastic actress, okay so maybe you dont like her portryal as peggy in eastenders, cant really say shes a rubbish actress because of one performance, have you seen all her other work? she is fantastic and the jewel in eastenders crown!

BlackKat
17-08-2005, 16:52
eastenders know that the mitchells are whats needed to boost ratings and salvage the show, so they are gonna be poutting them in every storyline

If that happens, just kill me now. Please.

there will be the hype over the return, big ratings and then a lot of dissapointment and harsh critiscm

Hmm...big hype over the return, and then a lot of disappointment...now that's ringing a bell for some reason, and I think it begins with D.

If the only characters they can write well for, and the only characters they can expect people to watch for, are one family, where one is leaving and one is only staying a few weeks then they really have a problem.

Bryan
17-08-2005, 16:55
If that happens, just kill me now. Please.

Hmm...big hype over the return, and then a lot of disappointment...now that's ringing a bell for some reason, and I think it begins with D.

If the only characters they can write well for, and the only characters they can expect people to watch for, are one family, where one is leaving and one is only staying a few weeks then they really have a problem.

i agree Den's return was a disaster, and they need to learn from their mistakes, i think the Mitchells are there as the quick start of the "hey were gunning for number 1 soap status" people will tune in for them, get hooked on other storylines in the process, and then well theyll keep watching, as you say it will just be peggy after a bit, so the show ill move on again, the mitchells are just the cataylst for a new start in eastenders

Treacle
17-08-2005, 17:00
I agree with you 100% blackcat!

The writing is an essential part of ee and their storylines. If scripts are rubbish, the performances and the development of the actors involved gets down played.

So the Mitchell’s are coming back -and they are good actors (except for Peggy) but does that mean they will work and people will like them just because they once did? Their comeback will only be successful if the writing is up to scratch and lets face it, even though writing has improved over the last year, its still not a patch on what it was in the 90’s.Fair enough but Peggy was last in the show in 2004 and she worked then!

Potato1992
17-08-2005, 17:13
i think mickey will go soon not sure why i just think he mit

Bryan
17-08-2005, 17:50
Fair enough but Peggy was last in the show in 2004 and she worked then!

the best bit of 04 for me that was!!!

Alisha
17-08-2005, 18:15
Fair enough but Peggy was last in the show in 2004 and she worked then!

you think? :rotfl:

I thought she was absolutly terrible. A big song and dance about nothing. I wanted to switch off.

I don't rate Barbara Windsor . She has carried on her role from the Carry On films straight onto eastenders imo.

I respect those that do like her and think she is a great actress, but to me she is one of the poorest on the show and is only popular because she is Mitchell and the mother of two great/popular actors.

I suspect that with so many popular characters leaving the Mitchells will be domiating most of 2005. This, I'm not looking forward to but I'll watch anyway. :)

Treacle
17-08-2005, 18:17

I thought she was absolutly terrible. A big song and dance about nothing. I wanted to switch off.

I don't rate Barbara Windsor . She has carried on her role from the Carry On films straight onto eastenders imo.

I respect those that do like her and think she is a great actress, but to me she is one of the poorest on the show and is only popular because she is Mitchell and the mother of two great/popular actors.

I suspect that with so many popular characters leaving the Mitchells will be domiating most of 2005. This, I'm not looking forward to but I'll watch anyway. :)Well I doubt Sam and Andy's wedding could have pulled in 16 million viewers on it's own.

CrazyLea
17-08-2005, 18:20

I suspect that with so many popular characters leaving the Mitchells will be domiating most of 2005. This, I'm not looking forward to but I'll watch anyway. :)

i agree with all you said

Treacle
17-08-2005, 21:19

I don't think they'll be dominating most of 2005 but I feel you're hypocritical (and I'm saying this in the nicest possible way) because you moan about the Mitchells dominating the show yet don't mind it being dominated by something else i.e. Shannis.

Treacle
17-08-2005, 21:20
I don't think Barbara Windsor has brought her Carry On role into EastEnders atall they told her to change her laugh so it doesn't osund like it did in Carry On for starters!

I'm surprised some people here can remember Carry On!

Leo_in_ee_rules
17-08-2005, 21:43
Well they seem to be getting rid of loads of characters this year even characters have only been on the show for a while!

Alisha
17-08-2005, 21:46
I don't think they'll be dominating most of 2005 but I feel you're hypocritical (and I'm saying this in the nicest possible way) because you moan about the Mitchells dominating the show yet don't mind it being dominated by something else i.e. Shannis.

I never said or implied that I didn't mind/wanted shannis dominating eastenders. :)

Alisha
17-08-2005, 21:48
I'm surprised some people here can remember Carry On!

They are my mums old tapes :p

Treacle
17-08-2005, 21:55
I never said or implied that I didn't mind/wanted shannis dominating eastenders. :)Well your complaint was about the Mitchells dominating the show yet you don't seem to mind when your favourite characters are doing it. It just goes to show that we all have favourites and we'd like them to be at the centre of all the storylines but it's just not feasible long term :)

One half of the duo you like has been in it since 1985 and is a popular character I agree but the other half only came into the show in 2003. The way some people are banging on about them leaving is just ridiculous the show doesn't revolve around them. Princess Sharon went off in the nineties for a long time and I did miss her and think the show would never be the same but it had some great times following her exit and as for pretty boy Dennis who entered the show in 2003 need I say anymore?

Dot left in the nineties too and I thought the show would be dire without her but it was still good and managed to survive :p

Sharon will be back as per usual once Tish gets bored of unemployment (unles she does have a baby) and as for Nigel Harman his acting skills are limited so he'll be back too unless they kill him off.

JustJodi
17-08-2005, 22:02
[QUOTE=Alisha]
So the Mitchell’s are coming back -and they are good actors (except for Peggy) QUOTE]

barbara windsor is a fantastic actress, okay so maybe you dont like her portryal as peggy in eastenders, cant really say shes a rubbish actress because of one performance, have you seen all her other work? she is fantastic and the jewel in eastenders crown!

Amen BB what u said about Babs.. shes a terrific actress .. and I love her as Peggy...long may she regin !!!!:)

Alisha
17-08-2005, 22:09
I would mind if they were dominating the whole show. Don't get me wrong I love having them on screen but you can’t have too much of a good thing. I wouldn't mind if they dominated the next 4 months if I'm honest though because after that we won't see them but on a whole then I honestly wouldn't want alot of them and that’s the truth.

I think people who are banging on about them leaving isn't much to do with not wanting them to go (although I suppose that’s part of it) but is more to do with the fact that they have decided to leave just 8 weeks into their arrival. Its quite shocking and considering how many people were looking forward to them coming back and starting to enjoy having them back, its disappointing for them that they are going so soon. We all have our favourites so when they leave, it provokes different reactions. Not only that I think shannis fans are let down by the lack of development in their characters over the past year and we were hoping that we were going to see that now. Yet again, wasted opportunities.

As for the show carrying on without them, of course it will! I disagree with all those who think that it won't and I still stand by my belief that it will survive. Sharon and Dennis are popular characters but they don't make the show. My only concern is that there are so many popular characters leaving at once and this does not look good for the show. They will have to introduce more characters and develop them and whilst some may work, others won’t. The unfortunate thing is that they are losing well established characters but as they say the show must go on.. I’ll continue to watch but throughout the past 2 years, Chrissie, Sharon and Dennis were the three characters that held my attention. Fingers crossed I’ll find another character who I’ll like just as much. :)

Treacle
17-08-2005, 22:19
I would mind if they were dominating the whole show. Don't get me wrong I love having them on screen but you can’t have too much of a good thing. I wouldn't mind if they dominated the next 4 months if I'm honest though because after that we won't see them but on a whole then I honestly wouldn't want alot of them and that’s the truth.

I think people who are banging on about them leaving isn't much to do with not wanting them to go (although I suppose that’s part of it) but is more to do with the fact that they have decided to leave just 8 weeks into their arrival. Its quite shocking and considering how many people were looking forward to them coming back and starting to enjoy having them back, its disappointing for them that they are going so soon. We all have our favourites so when they leave, it provokes different reactions. Not only that I think shannis fans are let down by the lack of development in their characters over the past year and we were hoping that we were going to see that now. Yet again, wasted opportunities.

As for the show carrying on without them, of course it will! I disagree with all those who think that it won't and I still stand by my belief that it will survive. Sharon and Dennis are popular characters but they don't make the show. My only concern is that there are so many popular characters leaving at once and this does not look good for the show. They will have to introduce more characters and develop them and whilst some may work, others won’t. The unfortunate thing is that they are losing well established characters but as they say the show must go on.. I’ll continue to watch but throughout the past 2 years, Chrissie, Sharon and Dennis were the three characters that held my attention. Fingers crossed I’ll find another character who I’ll like just as much. :)What I'm trying to highlight Alisha is what you said once about not watching it with your heart being in it once these characters go or something like that and the point I'm trying to make is they've hardly been there since the start have they (exception of Sharon) or even when the show really was in it's hey day?

Alisha
17-08-2005, 22:29
Thats true, but to me they were what kept me entertained over the past two years and lets face it the last couple of years in ee are nothing in comparison to its hey dey -even now.

I don't remember saying that but if I did, then yeah I suppose that does have some minor truth. I do watch eastenders for more than just Sharon and Dennis. I've been watching ee for well over 10 years so I won’t turn off now but it was their relationship that kept me interested in the rough patch of ee. If the standard off eastenders is what it was like in the 90's then there would be more keeping me interested than them. That’s not to say they are the only ones I like right now. The Millers and Dot and Jim are also favourites of mine. :)

Treacle
17-08-2005, 22:53
Thats true, but to me they were what kept me entertained over the past two years and lets face it the last couple of years in ee are nothing in comparison to its hey dey -even now.

I don't remember saying that but if I did, then yeah I suppose that does have some minor truth. I do watch eastenders for more than just Sharon and Dennis. I've been watching ee for well over 10 years so I won’t turn off now but it was their relationship that kept me interested in the rough patch of ee. If the standard off eastenders is what it was like in the 90's then there would be more keeping me interested than them. That’s not to say they are the only ones I like right now. The Millers and Dot and Jim are also favourites of mine. :)
They'll be someone else who you'll enjoy watching :)

The show will continue to evolve and new characters will come in.

Alisha
18-08-2005, 07:01
They'll be someone else who you'll enjoy watching :)

The show will continue to evolve and new characters will come in.

Absolutely :) This is one of the reasons why I won't turn off. I'm sure there will be someone for me to bleet on about just as much as I do with Sharon/Dennis/Chrissie. :)

Treacle
18-08-2005, 07:46
Absolutely :) This is one of the reasons why I won't turn off. I'm sure there will be someone for me to bleet on about just as much as I do with Sharon/Dennis/Chrissie. :)Absolutely that's what I love about soaps.
I remember thinking the show wasn't going to work when Grant left back in 1999 but then the Slaters came along and we had some good storylines with them in their heyday and I sort of latched onto them. I've sort of moved on from them now though due to their storylines etc, nothing of interest going on at the moment.

xcutiekatiex
19-08-2005, 15:04
wndy maybe, and kacey i think is going to desperate houswives

i_love_matt!
19-08-2005, 18:50
it is alexandrou not alexandra

callummc
24-08-2005, 14:12
well its been confirmed today 1 of my list johnny allens going,i wonder who'll be next

the_watts_rule
28-08-2005, 14:07
I think the Millers might be next for the chop

JustJodi
28-08-2005, 15:33
Its sort of funny you all have forgotten SONIA AND MARTIN,, how come they are still around ???? They haven't gotten any interesting story lines since Martins stalker,,:searchme:

BlackKat
28-08-2005, 15:59
Its sort of funny you all have forgotten SONIA AND MARTIN,, how come they are still around ???? They haven't gotten any interesting story lines since Martins stalker,,:searchme:

You mean the thrilling storyline of "Oh dear Naomi is stealing Martin's only friend away from him," has not gripped your attention??! :eek: Dear lord, what is wrong with you. :p :lol:

They're kinda boring, but I don't see them getting axed. I don't know why, I just don't. I don't want them to leave either, it'd send Pauline straight back to Moan City, and she's been getting so much better lately.

Mrs Wilkinson
28-08-2005, 16:36

Yet another recycled storyline Sonia having a friend who gets between herself and Martin how long before Martin's making eyes at her and getting into trouble? Or maybe she fancies Sonia!!!!!

Debs
28-08-2005, 16:57
Yet another recycled storyline Sonia having a friend who gets between herself and Martin how long before Martin's making eyes at her and getting into trouble? Or maybe she fancies Sonia!!!!!

oooh maybe!!!

kirsty_g
29-08-2005, 08:43
she could do

JustJodi
29-08-2005, 08:50
Hmmmmmm can't really see EE testing the waters .. they did that ONCE with Zoe and Kelly.. dunno what the reaction was from the viewers when those two snogged ???????:searchme:

lollymay
29-08-2005, 10:13
they could bring in more slaters like they did with stacy

Layne
29-08-2005, 12:29
they could bring in more slaters like they did with stacy

I think there family is already big enough!!!

JustJodi
29-08-2005, 13:29
I think there family is already big enough!!!

right now the slatter family is getting smaller don't u think ??? Kat is gonna be leaving, Zoe and Lynn are already gone,, will leave a smaller Slatter family unit :(

BlackKat
29-08-2005, 13:32
I don't really care about the Slaters to be honest - I don't want any more cousins or anything brought in, even if we are left with quite a small family. I'd rather have no Slaters than more Slaters brought in.