PDA

View Full Version : davina slams critic and confirms she'll be back

Debs
15-08-2005, 15:14
Big Brother host Davina McCall has called those who criticise her Channel 4 show "pseudo-intellectuals who have never really watched it".

McCall told Radio Times the show's contestants represent a balance of British society and were not "freaks".

The sixth series finale was watched by 7.7 million viewers, making it Channel 4's most popular show of the year.

McCall said she had signed up to present the next series, and could not imagine leaving the programme.

Channel 4 has already confirmed another two series have been commissioned, while Celebrity Big Brother will also make a return, possibly going out early next year.

Rowdy crowd

McCall said one of the only reasons she could think of for leaving is if producers started trying to manipulate people inside the house too much.

She added that she was under no illusions that it was a difficult job to do.

"It's easy to present - out with a very, very rowdy crowd talking to the camera," said McCall.

"But somebody would find it hard to come and do it - a bit like trying to fill Cilla's shoes on Blind Date."

McCall has an answer to the criticism that Big Brother routinely faces.

"The people who go into that house are a cross section of British culture. They're not freaks.

"Most of the people who put Big Brother down are pseudo-intellectuals who have never really watched it. If you do, it's a fascinating insight into life."

chance
15-08-2005, 15:16
hmm ok :searchme:

Johnny Allen
15-08-2005, 15:39
Davina McCall annoys me, Dermot should do the evicitions he is much more of a natural presenter.

Debs
15-08-2005, 15:41
Davina McCall annoys me, Dermot should do the evicitions he is much more of a natural presenter.

i like davina and she is good at the interviews on eviction night. it wouldnt be the same without her

dermot is good at what he does but wouldnt be right doing evictions

chance
15-08-2005, 15:42
agreed

Behemoth
15-08-2005, 18:50
I like Davina. She sometimes pulls wierd facial expressions but apart from that she's alright :D

Luna
15-08-2005, 19:52
Eviction night would not be the same without the wonderful davina. She is the face of bb and no one could replace her. Not even dermot

.:SpIcYsPy:.
15-08-2005, 21:27
I agree there luna :D

chance
15-08-2005, 21:59
Eviction night would not be the same without the wonderful davina. She is the face of bb and no one could replace her. Not even dermot
ooooo i dunno

Luna
15-08-2005, 22:01
ooooo i dunno

why not?

chance
15-08-2005, 22:03
cus dermot is better looking! :rotfl:

Luna
15-08-2005, 22:07
:lol: i agree with that 100%

but i still think davina is the best

bubblegum_fairy
16-08-2005, 17:45
Davina is the only one who should present the evictions, she does it the best, as of her bubbly personality.

But Dermot is good looking

i_luv_dennis
16-08-2005, 19:04
davina is the right person to do bb