PDA

View Full Version : do you think parents have a favourite?

chance
12-08-2005, 17:33
do you think that parents have a favourite child? be honest now!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
12-08-2005, 17:36
I would like to see results for the parents.. please be honest xx

xCharliex
12-08-2005, 18:19
In certain circumstances yes, so i voted yes, but then im not a mother and i think its hard to compare, i think all children believe that their parents love one sibling more than the other.

Debs
12-08-2005, 19:01
i only have one child but id like to think that i would love all my kids equally!! although i sometimes think if i had another how could i love that child as much as i love him! i couldnt imagine another child being here and having to buy that child as much as i do with concon!!

Debs
12-08-2005, 19:02
, i think all children believe that their parents love one sibling more than the other.

i know i did i was 3 when my brother was born and right up till i was about 21 i thought my mum hated me and loved my brother more!

Jade
12-08-2005, 19:42
I'd like to think that my pearents didnt have a fave, if they did they hid it well!!

CrazyLea
12-08-2005, 19:49
when i was younger i thought my mum n dad liked my sister better. but now i think its pretty equal

Jojo
12-08-2005, 22:36
My own kids are loved completely equally, but I do believe that mine had faves, though I think it was more me for my dad, and my brother for my mum, so therefore it was slightly evened out anyway!

chance
13-08-2005, 10:28
i put yes but i was thinking of it as being a sister rather then me having a fave on my children.i think my parents do but i can honestly say i havent,it was something i worried about though when i was pregnant with my second as my eldest was 5 so we had been on our own(me him and daddy) for that long.so i was worried i wouldnt love my second as much or treat him different,but i adore them both and love them both the saem.
they have totally different personalitys and because they are at different ages i dont think you can judge properly anyway,the youngest is into everything and the eldest is cheeky but they all go through the same stages anyway.

Abbie
13-08-2005, 13:33
i think they love us all equal but sometimes they may have a fav if one has done something really bad if ya done what i mean

chance
13-08-2005, 16:12
my parents seem to prefer the child that is worse off moneywise,think they would all be happier if i were poor! lol

Abbie
13-08-2005, 16:16
my parents seem to prefer the child that is worse off moneywise,think they would all be happier if i were poor! lol
awwwwwwwwwwww

Dr. Tangliss
13-08-2005, 17:58
I have no brothers or sisters. But, when it comes to my kids, my Mum prefers my son over my daugheter.

xCharliex
13-08-2005, 18:01
i know i did i was 3 when my brother was born and right up till i was about 21 i thought my mum hated me and loved my brother more!

Me to, infact im sure my mum favours my brother more, as im older than him, she seems so help him it with his future, neither of my parents really did that for me thats why im in a crappy job, although i leave on weds and decided to go to college.
I still believe in ways she preferes my brother but then i guess she had 4 extra years with me, i cant complain as i have been extremely spoilt by my mum especially and have had everything i ever wanted.

Shaza22
13-08-2005, 18:05
I think its true im a parent myself i have 3 children 2 boy's and 1 grl and i love them all equally but i tend to favor our boy's in arguments more than our grl but then my partner will favor our grl than the boy's this doesnt mean that we love one more than the other that is not the case but when it comes down to hassle in the household there is a division but then again it alway's turns into a fun argument all the time and we make jokes about it :p

Dr. Tangliss
13-08-2005, 18:09
My Mum once admitted it too when she once had too much to drink

SoapRach
13-08-2005, 18:44
I think it difficult but my parents tend to have favourites for different things. They would choose to do different things with each of us. Growing up I got along with them best but that was just cos I never really went through the teenage tantrum phase that my sisters and brother did. But that didn't make me their favourite. they would always seem to give my little sister more, and encourage my brother more but it was probably just unintentional on their part. I do think that they love us all equally.

i_luv_dennis
13-08-2005, 18:52
i think they love their first child

but im the second one and im the favorite yeh

hazey
14-08-2005, 14:41
I had a thing when I was younger that my mum loved my elder sister more, but looking back she loved all of us equally, At christmas she would spend the same on all three of us. Even when we got older,you would get a little packet, it would be something extra worth about a fiver and she would say brought that as spent five pound more on the others :rotfl: Bless her we were all in our thirties by then.

Kim
14-08-2005, 14:48
Im an only child, but I think that parents tend to favour the younger child.

Treacle
14-08-2005, 16:27
I do have a favourite but love has nothing to do with it I love my children equally.

sarahwelford
14-08-2005, 16:50
I am a mother and i dont have a fav somedays i may like one more than the other but thats not having a fav.
And well with my daughters being identical twins its hard to well tell which one a like more as they are the same

emma_strange
14-08-2005, 21:05
I voted yes, because when you think about it, there is a child who will be more of a hastle, who the parents have more of a job controlling, i therefore think thay yes theyt might love their children equally, but they might like one more than the others

chance
14-08-2005, 21:17
Im an only child, but I think that parents tend to favour the younger child.
the youngest?!! :eek:
no way

Jade
14-08-2005, 21:27
There is a big difference between like and love

Jojo
15-08-2005, 10:46
I have generally found that my brother (who is older) was and still is favoured to myself, and that my eldest is favoured (in some respects) by my mum to my youngest, though sometimes you tend to wonder whether it is something that you see yourself, or if there is favouritism ....

Luna
15-08-2005, 10:49
I voted yes i think they do

Trinity
15-08-2005, 11:47
I have 2 children and I like to think that I love them both equally. My younger son, however, is always saying that I take his brothers side more than his. This has nothing to do with love, it is to do with letting my elder son mature and grow. My younger son will have the same freedoms when he is older, but he doesn't understand.

Letting the older one stay up an hour later is nothing to do with love!

When I was a child I thought that my mother favored my brother, he thought the opposite!

chance
15-08-2005, 13:25
sometimes i guess it just depends on who is the strongest child out of you? i was the stronger one out of me and my sis,she always needed reasurance and had less confidence so i suppose she got more attention thus me thinking they loved her more?

Abbie
15-08-2005, 19:28
the youngest?!! :eek:
no way
yes way

Abbie
15-08-2005, 19:29
i know this is kinda not reelvant but isnt it quite funny on friends how the gellas seem to forget monica and have their favourite of ross

Katy
15-08-2005, 19:31
yes it definatly the youngest. My little sister cant do anything wrong in my mums eyes. Shes the one that shes saving for Uni while she hopes i can pass at least half my GCSEs

$sTaCeY$
15-08-2005, 21:40
I think my parents love us all equal :)

Abbie
15-08-2005, 21:55
I think my parents love us all equal :)i think they should and maybe they do but but they dont they dont admit it cos they know its not right

chance
15-08-2005, 22:44
ive had a think about it and i have to say i think they love us equal but dont like us equal if that makes sense?

Jojo
16-08-2005, 09:20
ive had a think about it and i have to say i think they love us equal but dont like us equal if that makes sense?That makes sense - as a parent you have unconditional love for your child, but you still don't have to like them!!! I can also see the loving the youngest bit - with my two, I am less protective of the older one, because he's nearly 12 whereas littly is 3 so your apron strings go right round them to keep them safe. As soon as he is older though, I will be less protective of him, although if anything happens to my eldest, don't mess with me!!! I think once the hormones come into play its natures way of us parents letting go a little bit, but the love I have for my children is definitely equal....

chance
16-08-2005, 13:02
i love mine the same and before i had the youngest i wouldnt let my eldest out of my sight! now though if we go to say jungle bungle(indoor play area)my eldest goes off to play and i dont worry so much about him as he is bigger,also i have to run around after the smallest.sometimes the eldest moans and says why dont you play with me instead of him? (jelousy kicks in) but he doesnt understand that i have to watch his brother as he is smaller and could get himself in to trouble if i left him to it.all of that starts of the jelousy cycle and leaves all children thinknig do they like him/her more then me,when really its not that at all.
dunno if any of that made sense but i know what i meant anyway.. :D

Abbie
17-08-2005, 13:06
That makes sense - as a parent you have unconditional love for your child, but you still don't have to like them!!! I can also see the loving the youngest bit - with my two, I am less protective of the older one, because he's nearly 12 whereas littly is 3 so your apron strings go right round them to keep them safe. As soon as he is older though, I will be less protective of him, although if anything happens to my eldest, don't mess with me!!! I think once the hormones come into play its natures way of us parents letting go a little bit, but the love I have for my children is definitely equal....
i know that makes really good sense

true.moon
17-08-2005, 17:47
i am not a parent i have 1 sister and i think she is favoured over me
she hits me and i get told off
i also get blamed for everything
my mum always says she cant choose but i think she can a little bit