PDA

View Full Version : Cringe Page

.:SpIcYsPy:.
10-08-2005, 18:32
Hey guys, type down and tell us all your cringe's!! Past or even present!! Go on be brave!! :bow: I will bow down to you!!

13-08-2005, 20:34
Anyone :eek: I ain't got any, suprisingly!! Come on WQ, willow & Stacey you backed this idea!!

Treacle
13-08-2005, 20:49
I don't like drinking out of the same glass as other people it makes me cringe.

I can't drink out of a milkbottle or any type of bottle or carton when I've seen somebody neck it's contents.

The thought of their slimy DNA inside me is just :sick:

I can't stand it when I find a pile of hubby's boxers behind the TV cabinet in the bedroom covered in...

I cringe at the following:
Cheese and Onion crisps
Salt and Vinegar crisps
Pickled Onion crisps
Tomato Ketchup
HP Brown Sauce
Salad Cream
Mayonaise
Tomato Crisps
Peas
Beans
Gravy
Pork
Lamb
Fat Chips
Scallops

I cringe when I drink coffee and it isn't Tesco's own. I love their value coffee it might be cheap but it does the trick for me. As an alternative I'd opt for the Nescafe gold.

I cringe when I have to drink a cup of tea.

I cringe at Craig from BigBrother.

I cringe at the state of Coronation Street.

I cringe at the thought of having a man with a dollop of tomato ketchup on his tongue playing tonsil tennis with me. If it was the sexiest bloke in the world I still wouldn't let him touch with me with that stuff on his tongue!

I cringe when I see two males snogging in the street. I'm not homophobic in the slightest I can cope with peoples decision on their sexuality but I just can't handle it being flaunted in my face.

I cringe when I see all these airheads walking down the street with their thighs and boobs on display no wonder you can't get a bloke round here they should leave all the flashing to me. I am the best looking gal around here for miles so they should see how it's done. Most of them are just ugly :p

I cringe when I see 50 year old woman dressed like 16 year olds.

I cringe when I get asked awkward questions infront of my mam. The other day we were in town and someone shouted "did you *bleep* Macca?" and I went bright red.

That's all my cringes for now but I've got loads more!

Debs
13-08-2005, 21:24
[QUOTE=Walford Queen]I can't stand it when I find a pile of hubby's boxers behind the TV cabinet in the bedroom covered in...

IQUOTE]

covered in what???? :sick: :sick: not skiddies??? :rotfl:

Treacle
13-08-2005, 21:25
[QUOTE=Walford Queen]I can't stand it when I find a pile of hubby's boxers behind the TV cabinet in the bedroom covered in...

IQUOTE]

covered in what???? :sick: :sick: not skiddies??? :rotfl:No not skiddies!
It's "The White Stuff" and no I'm not advertising semi-skinned either!

Debs
13-08-2005, 21:26
I cringe at the following:
HP Brown Sauce
Lamb

!

hp brown sauce really stinks and my little boy loves it it habngs around on his breath for hours and if he kisses me i have to shove him off!!! it disgusting

lamb is vile!! im sick if i have to even smell it cooking

Debs
13-08-2005, 21:28
[QUOTE=debs]No not skiddies!
It's "The White Stuff" and no I'm not advertising semi-skinned either!

:sick: :sick: :sick:

:rotfl:

gross!!!

bog roll has he not heard of it???

Treacle
13-08-2005, 21:29
hp brown sauce really stinks and my little boy loves it it habngs around on his breath for hours and if he kisses me i have to shove him off!!! it disgusting

lamb is vile!! im sick if i have to even smell it cookingEurgh I know!

Skips (the crisps) I can't entertain!

Monster Munch :sick:

Debs
13-08-2005, 21:29
I cringe at Craig from BigBrother.

I!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

dont we all?

Treacle
13-08-2005, 21:30
[QUOTE=Walford Queen]

:sick: :sick: :sick:

gross!!!

bog roll has he not heard of it???
:rotfl: I guess not! He'll wipe it on them and then take them off and put them behind the tele. I've catched him doing it he's just so lazy!

Debs
13-08-2005, 21:30
I cringe when I get asked awkward questions infront of my mam. The other day we were in town and someone shouted "did you *bleep* Macca?" and I went bright red.

!

Debs
13-08-2005, 21:31
Eurgh I know!

Skips (the crisps) I can't entertain!

Monster Munch :sick:

love monster munch but the beefy ones are just too beefy!!

prawn cocktail fingers on my setee drive me mad!!! as do soggy baby sucked quavers

Treacle
13-08-2005, 21:35
love monster munch but the beefy ones are just too beefy!!

prawn cocktail fingers on my setee drive me mad!!! as do soggy baby sucked quaversYeah :sick:

Debs
13-08-2005, 21:36
debs cringes!!

soggy baby food spat onto my carpet ( i have a delightful nephew!!) :sick:

freezers!! its the ice the noise anything makes when i take things out of the freezer makes my skin crawl

connor grinding his teeth in his sleep :eek: sooo annoying

dave never putting his towels on the radiator, he seems to think they live on the floor!!, same as socks never unravelled before he puts them in wash bin!!

slugs on my carpet floor in the morning?? why?? if i get up in the night for the loo i hvae to pick em up and flush them away! and if im unlucky i step on the slimy little sucker!! :sick: gross they soo cold when you tread on them

Treacle
13-08-2005, 21:36
Hairs in the bath although I'm usually the offender :eek:

Treacle
13-08-2005, 21:37
debs cringes!!

soggy baby food spat onto my carpet ( i have a delightful nephew!!) :sick:

freezers!! its the ice the noise anything makes when i take things out of the freezer makes my skin crawl

connor grinding his teeth in his sleep :eek: sooo annoying

dave never putting his towels on the radiator, he seems to think they live on the floor!!, same as socks never unravelled before he puts them in wash bin!!

slugs on my carpet floor in the morning?? why?? if i get up in the night for the loo i hvae to pick em up and flush them away! and if im unlucky i step on the slimy little sucker!! :sick: gross they soo cold when you tread on them
:sick: @ slugs how do they get indoors?

Debs
13-08-2005, 21:39
:sick: @ slugs how do they get indoors?

:searchme: :searchme:

have no idea but they do!!!

Treacle
13-08-2005, 21:45
:searchme: :searchme:

have no idea but they do!!!I've had the odd ant or woodlouse in here but never a slug.

14-08-2005, 11:02
Slugs :eek: I would never get out of my bed in the night then!! Maybe floorboard or carpet not fitted properly :searchme:

Debs
14-08-2005, 14:12
Slugs :eek: I would never get out of my bed in the night then!! Maybe floorboard or carpet not fitted properly :searchme:

nope evrything is fitted right!! they just come in. my brother gets them and so does my mate in her house!! we had them in our old flat too and we lived upstairs!!!!

Treacle
14-08-2005, 18:40
nope evrything is fitted right!! they just come in. my brother gets them and so does my mate in her house!! we had them in our old flat too and we lived upstairs!!!!What kind of area do you live in? :rotfl:

Debs
14-08-2005, 18:41
What kind of area do you live in? :rotfl:

:rotfl: just a normal one!!

Treacle
14-08-2005, 19:57
:rotfl: just a normal one!!I would get in touch with the council about it!

Debs
14-08-2005, 20:09
I would get in touch with the council about it!

:rotfl: i dont think it A COUNCIL MATTER!! not like rats!!

Chris_2k11
14-08-2005, 22:17
Sponge! I hate it!

Jade
14-08-2005, 22:18
Cotton wool

Feet (even my own)

Treacle
14-08-2005, 22:21
:rotfl: i dont think it A COUNCIL MATTER!! not like rats!!I would still complain or I'd get in pest control!

Treacle
14-08-2005, 22:21
Cotton wool

Feet (even my own)
I hate my feet too :)

Luna
15-08-2005, 06:41
people touching peoples necks if someone even looks at mine i feel like crying.

my step dad insisting on telling me about his and my mums sex life :sick:

JustJodi
15-08-2005, 07:07
I guess my cringes are more the EXPAT version :

I cringe when people find out I am an American and then they start in on how lousy America is..
I cringe when i see some one rooting around their noses, and pull out something disgusting ( hello there is such things as hankies and tissues in Holland , arrrghh)
I cringe at the same thing WQ does.. all these young air heads letting it all hang out..and older women wearing hip huggers and midriff tops :sick: Ok I am OLDER and i am not about to leave myself un covered,, mini skirts had its day.. i just do not have the legs for them any more :moonie:
I cringe :

Dutch women ( they are the coldest people I have ever met)
when people say CAN U SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE YET,, Nee
Same as WQ can not stand two gay men snogging ,, or two women feeling each other up in public places ( i am also not homophobic,,I just don't want it constantly rammed down my throat)
tiny kids playing on the play ground with no ADULTS around ( we are talking 4 and 5 yr olds )
tiny kids carrying broken wine glasses and bottles in a basket to a recycling bin ( again no adult supervision)
My Cringes and peeves is longer than my arms and legs,,, to be contiuned

15-08-2005, 12:27
Like justjodi I hate it when parents SEEM to not care and let their children fall and let them sit there for a while.. when mum takes my brother out weather she is shopping or I am, my eyes are on him 24/7!!

hazey
15-08-2005, 14:12
Things that make me cringe:

People picking their nose whilst sat at the traffic lights

People spitting in the street

Other peoples sick on the pavement

Dog pooh on the pavement

People talking with their mouth fall

JustJodi
15-08-2005, 14:17

Dog pooh on the pavement

People chewing food with their mouths open !!!!!
People picking up plates of food in a restraunt and sniffing it ( gee whiz folks u ordered the stuff u know what it is. :sick: )
WQ,, I bow to your superior mind for coming up with the cringe page:bow:

15-08-2005, 14:37

Dog pooh on the pavement

I hate all of that too!!

Jojo
15-08-2005, 14:39
Here's a partial list:

Dog poo on pavement (as previously mentioned) - nappy sacks aren't that expensive.
Eyes - anything to do with them!!!!
Socks that are "crunchy" and stuck together in the morning left by the side of the bed!!
Mutton dressed as lamb
Men of a certain age trying to dress and act a LOT younger
People taking their children to toddler groups and then sitting round the outside chatting to other parents, not watching their own child knock 10 bales out of the others :angry:
Children swearing
Children walking out of the school gates with a cig and lighter in hand ready to light it at the earliest opportunity (right next to the pre-school!)
Body odour - there generally isn't any need for it!!

to be continued.......

Debs
15-08-2005, 14:58
my step dad insisting on telling me about his and my mums sex life :sick:

my mum and dad tell me all about theirs so i know how you feel :sick:

Luna
15-08-2005, 14:59
my mum and dad tell me all about theirs so i know how you feel :sick:

They think cause your older now you can handle it but i dont care how old i am i dont want to be hearing about it :sick: :sick: :sick:

Debs
15-08-2005, 15:06
here are some more of my cringes

my darling but stinky hubbie not spraying when he has used the loo!!!

connor who has just started using loo on his own peeing on the seat and then me forgetting to check and sitting on it!

chewing gum on my shoe

bird poo on my clothes

hair in the plug hole

black rubbish bags!! i leave them to dave

Debs
15-08-2005, 15:08
They think cause your older now you can handle it but i dont care how old i am i dont want to be hearing about it :sick: :sick: :sick:

i know and the more i say to them that enough now i dont want to hear the funnier they think it is!!

my mums best one is when she goes on holiday she will ring me when she there to tell me she got there safely and then when i say dad ok? shell reply with " of copurse he is he had his holiday sex now he fine!!" :sick:

15-08-2005, 15:11
Oh I forgot one of mine!! Potato skin, them roots growing on it :sick: Makes me cringe so much!!

Jojo
15-08-2005, 15:14
here are some more of my cringes

my darling but stinky hubbie not spraying when he has used the loo!!!

connor who has just started using loo on his own peeing on the seat and then me forgetting to check and sitting on it!

chewing gum on my shoe

bird poo on my clothes

hair in the plug hole

black rubbish bags!! i leave them to daveI have to agree with all of those though the unfortunate thing is that my 11 1/2 yr old still does the thing with the loo seat!!! :sick:

JustJodi
15-08-2005, 15:26
body odor( i can't stand it):sick:

dog poo on the sidewalks ( Holland is famous for dogs pooping all over the creation and horses and ponies too) ( I save all my bread wrappers for Flash pup's walks.. I may be a stinky Yank but I pick up my dog's biz):angry:

Pigeon poo every where/sea gulls too:thumbsdow

people dropping fast food containers on the side walk ( bin is about a few feet away.. lazy people can walk just a bit to stash their trash):moonie:

filthy childern in the shopping centers, mums all cleaned up and groomed ( whats up with that ?):mad:

men who leer at women as if they never have seen a woman before ( no wonder there are more men in prisons than women sheeshhhh)
:eek:
to be contiuned

Jojo
15-08-2005, 15:29
People leaving their shopping trolleys right next to their car rather than putting them back in the trolley park!! :angry:

JustJodi
15-08-2005, 15:32
People leaving their shopping trolleys right next to their car rather than putting them back in the trolley park!! :angry:

Good one Em !!!! Happens in the states too at WalMart( Tesco/Adsa in UK ??? ) I thought it was common for EU to have those trollies that u pay for and have to return the cart to get ur money back :searchme: Here in Holland the carts cost 50 euro cents or 1 euro...so if u want ur money back u have to take the cart back,,, Jodi

JustJodi
15-08-2005, 15:32

Good one Em !!!! Happens in the states too at WalMart( Tesco/Adsa in UK ??? ) I thought it was common for EU to have those trollies that u pay for and have to return the cart to get ur money back :searchme: Here in Holland the carts cost 50 euro cents or 1 euro...so if u want ur money back u have to take the cart back,,, Jodi

Debs
15-08-2005, 15:58
I have to agree with all of those though the unfortunate thing is that my 11 1/2 yr old still does the thing with the loo seat!!! :sick:

oh no i was hoping it got better

Debs
15-08-2005, 16:00

whoops i do that. i think that they employ trolley ??? ( dont even know what their job title would be?) to do that let them earn their money!!

15-08-2005, 16:02
My mum hates that too! Its really annyoing!!

JustJodi
15-08-2005, 16:14
whoops i do that. i think that they employ trolley ??? ( dont even know what their job title would be?) to do that let them earn their money!!
shame on u LOL now we know not to park near you :rotfl:

Debs
15-08-2005, 16:21

i dont do it though if my dad parks right next to the trolley bay

Debs
15-08-2005, 16:22

youd have a blooming long way to come to park next to me :rotfl: :rotfl:

JustJodi
15-08-2005, 16:25
youd have a blooming long way to come to park next to me :rotfl: :rotfl:

AWWWWWW thats true darn it LOL:p :moonie:

Debs
15-08-2005, 16:46

wouldnt your freezer stuff melt??:rotfl: :rotfl:

Chris_2k11
15-08-2005, 17:33
Oh I forgot about something else that makes me cringe! :angry: Sally hunter from Hollyoaks! :angry:

JustJodi
15-08-2005, 17:37
wouldnt your freezer stuff melt??:rotfl: :rotfl:
awwwwwwwwww shuddd upppp :rotfl: :lol: :moonie: We did tons of shopping in England on our way to Ireland,, so as faras we remember nothing melted ....:p

Jade
15-08-2005, 19:47
I hate people who dont say please or thank you, Mannars people, Mannars

Also people who are rude to shop assistants or other people providing customer services there are some excptions to this as some shop assistants are dam rude as well, but its generally not their fault theres a long que etc.

People who sit in the elderly/disabled seats on the bus and then dont give up their seat if someone old or disabled gets on

JustJodi
15-08-2005, 23:40
I hate people who dont say please or thank you, Mannars people, Mannars

Also people who are rude to shop assistants or other people providing customer services there are some excptions to this as some shop assistants are dam rude as well, but its generally not their fault theres a long que etc.

People who sit in the elderly/disabled seats on the bus and then dont give up their seat if someone old or disabled gets on

Or when a REAL pregnant woman gets on the bus no one wants to give up their seats to them either :-(

Jade
15-08-2005, 23:43
Or when a REAL pregnant woman gets on the bus no one wants to give up their seats to them either :-(

I know its beggers beleif!!

JustJodi
15-08-2005, 23:46
I know its beggers beleif!!

Lets see how many more cringes people can come up with :p

CrazyLea
16-08-2005, 00:10
i hate sticky fingers....

Debs
16-08-2005, 00:20
some more of my cringes!

baby snot!

shoes not being put back properly on the shoe rack ( that is what it is there for but dave dosent seem to think so)

betterware catalogues stuck through my door espeically when i have told the bloke many many times not to deliver it! and then when he comes back for it he gets ****ty with me coz i have thrown it away

black ink from the newspapers on my fingers!

snobby mothers who think they are better than you

the mention of smear tests/ blood tests/ and any other sort of medical examination

nits!

emery boards on my nails! the noise the feel yuk!

having my eyebows waxed , i hate it but i still have it done every 6 weeks!

teeth grinding

my alarm going off in the morning

i could go on for ages!!!!

Jojo
16-08-2005, 09:33
Or when a REAL pregnant woman gets on the bus no one wants to give up their seats to them either :-(That reminds me of when I was 7 months pregnant with my eldest - I got on the bus and sat down, and a couple of pensioners got on the bus and no-one would give their seat up for them, so they stood next to me and started moaning about young people and their manners whilst looking at me!!!!! I couldn't believe it and did I am afraid tell them where to take their wingeing!!

JustJodi
16-08-2005, 09:39
That reminds me of when I was 7 months pregnant with my eldest - I got on the bus and sat down, and a couple of pensioners got on the bus and no-one would give their seat up for them, so they stood next to me and started moaning about young people and their manners whilst looking at me!!!!! I couldn't believe it and did I am afraid tell them where to take their wingeing!!

Good grief !!!!thats horrible,, i can imagine u wanted to tell em to shove it where the sun don't shine :rotfl:

Jojo
16-08-2005, 10:24
Good grief !!!!thats horrible,, i can imagine u wanted to tell em to shove it where the sun don't shine :rotfl: I know, just because I was 17 at the time it didn't give them the right to have a go at me. I'm just glad I passed my test soon after, so didn't have to take the bus anymore

17-08-2005, 17:21
:D Good on ya :p

true.moon
17-08-2005, 17:37
i once wet myself in a gym class when i was 5 i was teased the next day about it
but then they all got over it about 2 days later!!

.:Kitz:.
17-08-2005, 21:10
see in an Ex-boyfriend or some guy who turned you down in the street or in the corridor :eek: especially if he's with his mocking mates...................:eek:

Jojo
18-08-2005, 10:36
Does being asked for ID to buy a lottery ticket when I was 24 count as a cringe!!! :D

true.moon
18-08-2005, 11:50
really

true.moon
18-08-2005, 11:50
is it 17 or 18

CrazyLea
18-08-2005, 12:02
16 lol!

Potato1992
18-08-2005, 12:06
these are funny cringes

18-08-2005, 13:26
lol!! 24 toooooo 16!!

Debs
18-08-2005, 15:13
Does being asked for ID to buy a lottery ticket when I was 24 count as a cringe!!! :D

yeah it counts as a cringe to me. i got asked once for id for cigarettes in front of a queue full of people. i was 22 at the time. i didnt have any and they refuised to serve me!!!

true.moon
18-08-2005, 15:41
thye cant expect you to carry id everywhere you go

18-08-2005, 15:44
yeah it counts as a cringe to me. i got asked once for id for cigarettes in front of a queue full of people. i was 22 at the time. i didnt have any and they refuised to serve me!!!
Im 13 and people say I look as young as a 10 year old :eek:

true.moon
18-08-2005, 15:46
really
im 13 and people say i look 13
so im ok
who has said that before

Abi
18-08-2005, 21:00
I'm 15, but look older because of my height mainly.

My cringe is being told off by a Tunisian trader in arabic in front of a silent market, because i refused to be sold for a camel!! Everyone looked at me :(

18-08-2005, 21:02
Awwwwww

Abi
18-08-2005, 21:04
That was exactly a week ago... still haunts me!!!

Debs
18-08-2005, 21:17
thye cant expect you to carry id everywhere you go

at 22 ( at the time) i didnt feel i needed to. sometimes i get asked for id when i buy alchol!! and i dont look under 18

Debs
18-08-2005, 21:18

oh dear! :rotfl:

Debs
18-08-2005, 21:19
I'm 15, but look older because of my height mainly.

My cringe is being told off by a Tunisian trader in arabic in front of a silent market, because i refused to be sold for a camel!! Everyone looked at me :(

:rotfl: told off coz you refused LOL

JustJodi
18-08-2005, 21:51
ABi sweetie were they trying to sell u into white slavery for a camel ??? I am confused here :searchme: :confused:

Jade
18-08-2005, 22:17

Same happened to me, me and my boyf were hanging after a night out, but I was less so, so I went to the shop to buy him some fags and got asked for ID, I know I looked a state, but i'm 25!!!! (that was last week)

Think it's mainly due to my height (5ft 2)

JustJodi
18-08-2005, 22:20
Same happened to me, me and my boyf were hanging after a night out, but I was less so, so I went to the shop to buy him some fags and got asked for ID, I know I looked a state, but i'm 25!!!! (that was last week)

HEY JUDEJUDE AND JO JO TAKE THE "CARDING" AS A COMPLIMENT..:cheer: :cheer: ...so I am offically saying this to both of u NO THAT WAS A COMPLIMENT NOT A CRINGE,, SOWWY GIRLS,, :angel:

Chris_2k11
18-08-2005, 23:21
yeah it counts as a cringe to me. i got asked once for id for cigarettes in front of a queue full of people. i was 22 at the time. i didnt have any and they refuised to serve me!!!Lmao! :D Sorry debs but I had to laugh! :p

$sTaCeY$
18-08-2005, 23:23

at least you look young :rotfl: lol

Debs
18-08-2005, 23:27
Lmao! :D Sorry debs but I had to laugh! :p

thats ok i laugh about it now but i wasnt laughing at the time i was sooo embarressed :rotfl:

Chris_2k11
18-08-2005, 23:29
thats ok i laugh about it now but i wasnt laughing at the time i was sooo embarressed :rotfl:lol! I bet you were! :rotfl:

19-08-2005, 09:41
oh dear, how embarresing!! What do you do in that kind of situation?:D

true.moon
19-08-2005, 09:43
run

19-08-2005, 09:54
run
:rotfl: :rotfl: thats what i'd do!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jojo
19-08-2005, 10:28
HEY JUDEJUDE AND JO JO TAKE THE "CARDING" AS A COMPLIMENT..:cheer: :cheer: ...so I am offically saying this to both of u NO THAT WAS A COMPLIMENT NOT A CRINGE,, SOWWY GIRLS,, :angel: I was highly embarrassed at the time, but had a laugh about it. Now I'm nearly 30 its nice when people think that I am 22 ish but back then when I had my car keys in my hand and had my eldest with me, I thought do I really look 15 instead of 25!! My only problem I have now though, is that people give me filthy looks (had on in Tescos on Weds) cause I look huge (44in waist), so am obviously pregnant and had my two boys with me - one old girl actually tutted at me and commented about young people of this day and age!!! :eek:

19-08-2005, 12:10
oh dear, how embarresing!! What do you do in that kind of situation?:D
I would be like :eek: Im actually ?? !!

19-08-2005, 12:11
My only problem I have now though, is that people give me filthy looks (had on in Tescos on Weds) cause I look huge (44in waist), so am obviously pregnant and had my two boys with me - one old girl actually tutted at me and commented about young people of this day and age!!! :eek:
Rude!!

Abi
19-08-2005, 12:13
ABi sweetie were they trying to sell u into white slavery for a camel ??? I am confused here :searchme: :confused:

yeah, I was in a tunisian market when on holiday last week and this guy came up to me and my mum and offered her a camel in exchange for me. I was like "you dare, mum", in a jokey way, and he stood there and told me off, saying about what an honour it should be ETC. The embarressing thing was that most of it was in Arabic, so i only understood that one bit, and everyone in the market fell silent when he started doing it, and looked horrorfied. I didn't even understand what hte hell he was on about :lol:

JustJodi
19-08-2005, 12:19
Rude!!

Gee whiz... my sister was refused on a ride at an amusement park cos she looked pregnant ( ok so she was fat ).. she pulled up her top and said look buddy I havent had a kid in 15 years this is BABY FAT,, so let me on the damn ride.. the guy who refused her was like :eek: cos he was only 18 or something,, and my sister was like 36 .. and yes she finally got on the ride :rotfl:

Jojo
19-08-2005, 14:09
When I was on holiday in Lanzarote last year, I was wearing a nice dress, which I thought I looked nice in. Anyway, I ended up being called to the front with another guest to have a drinking competition against some of the hotel staff. Next thing I know is one of them are saying to me, are you allowed to drink in your condition?? I don't think you should play this game etc!!! I hadn't been pregnant for 4 years by this point, and it was in front of everyone. Everyone started laughing, he was all "Oh, I'm really sorry" and I was just horrified, wanted the ground to eat me up and disappear from there as quickly as possible.

I've had a couple of embarrassing moments, but don't know if I want to share too many!! :rotfl:

$sTaCeY$
19-08-2005, 14:18
go on jojomom tell us the rest of your embarrasing stories :D

$sTaCeY$
19-08-2005, 14:20
yeah, I was in a tunisian market when on holiday last week and this guy came up to me and my mum and offered her a camel in exchange for me. I was like "you dare, mum", in a jokey way, and he stood there and told me off, saying about what an honour it should be ETC. The embarressing thing was that most of it was in Arabic, so i only understood that one bit, and everyone in the market fell silent when he started doing it, and looked horrorfied. I didn't even understand what hte hell he was on about :lol:

:rotfl: what did your mom say

JustJodi
19-08-2005, 14:23
When I was on holiday in Lanzarote last year, I was wearing a nice dress, which I thought I looked nice in. Anyway, I ended up being called to the front with another guest to have a drinking competition against some of the hotel staff. Next thing I know is one of them are saying to me, are you allowed to drink in your condition?? I don't think you should play this game etc!!! I hadn't been pregnant for 4 years by this point, and it was in front of everyone. Everyone started laughing, he was all "Oh, I'm really sorry" and I was just horrified, wanted the ground to eat me up and disappear from there as quickly as possible.

I've had a couple of embarrassing moments, but don't know if I want to share too many!! :rotfl:
Oh Em,,, I feel for you sweetie,, as u saw my sister went thru that too LOL but in an Amusement park with 20 or 25 kids behind her wanting to get on the ride,, :wall:

Jojo
19-08-2005, 14:58
Oh Em,,, I feel for you sweetie,, as u saw my sister went thru that too LOL but in an Amusement park with 20 or 25 kids behind her wanting to get on the ride,, :wall: Its horrifying - I was in a bar full of about 100 holidaymakers all getting drunk. I'm not the most confident person at the best of times but to think that someone thought I was pregnant OMG!!!! The next day I felt really self conscious in my bikini but thought I'm not going to let one silly spanish type bloke who has a huge nose spoil it for me!! I can laugh about it now though as its given me a huge incentive to make sure I sort myself out after I have had this one.

I might tell a couple more later Stacey!!

$sTaCeY$
19-08-2005, 15:02
Ok please tell us some more later then :p

Jojo
19-08-2005, 15:31
Ok - the first one will be about pull a pig nights though!!

JustJodi
19-08-2005, 15:36
Ok - the first one will be about pull a pig nights though!!

Em I will have to stay up and read this PULL A PIG NIGHT ???? OKKKK u gotta explain that to this dumb Yank LOL :rotfl:

Jojo
19-08-2005, 15:42
OK, well, **deep breath** if you go on a pull a pig night, its basically a competition to see how many "pigs" you can pull in one night. So for men, how many unattractive girls and vice versa. Well, one time, it turned out that I was apparently the pig!!!!! I didn't realise it and got on really well with this guy etc in the nightclub we had a great evening and then he admitted that I had been part of the pull a pig campaign for the evening, and all his mates were standing at the bar smirking. However, the smack and talking to I gave him seemed to do something, cause I ended up with him for 18 months.

Hows that for a confidence builder in a then 16 year old (although I was extremely chuffed that I had managed to get into the club!!)

CrazyLea
19-08-2005, 15:47
lmao.. awww bless

Jojo
19-08-2005, 15:51
I know - I didn't think I was THAT bad - never thought I was fantasically gorgeous or anything like that but a pig :eek: I'm so glad I am out of all of that lark, pheww

CrazyLea
19-08-2005, 15:53
im going to be weary of any guy who tries to chat me up (if any) in my future life now :P

Jojo
19-08-2005, 15:56
I would hope they don't do it anymore - don't forget its 13 years since I was 16 (my god that really makes me feel old saying that)

JustJodi
19-08-2005, 16:01
I would hope they don't do it anymore - don't forget its 13 years since I was 16 (my god that really makes me feel old saying that)

In the states they do something similar it is called the DOG NIGHT,, so I understand what ur talking about,,, aren't men just HORRIBLE :angry:

Jojo
19-08-2005, 16:07
In the states they do something similar it is called the DOG NIGHT,, so I understand what ur talking about,,, aren't men just HORRIBLE :angry: They can be so cruel, like us women haven't enough to compete with, with all of these supermodels around etc. I think one of the worst things I heard said, and this wasn't about me, was that large, unattractive women are the best to pull for a one nighter, as they act as though it's the only one night stand they'll have - sometimes, I really hate men. We, or certainly I personally, would never even think something like that - sometimes its a very cruel and immature world that we live in.....

JustJodi
19-08-2005, 16:13
They can be so cruel, like us women haven't enough to compete with, with all of these supermodels around etc. I think one of the worst things I heard said, and this wasn't about me, was that large, unattractive women are the best to pull for a one nighter, as they act as though it's the only one night stand they'll have - sometimes, I really hate men. We, or certainly I personally, would never even think something like that - sometimes its a very cruel and immature world that we live in.....

Men are the same WORLD WIDE they think they can get away with it cos they have the little brain and never exercise the BIG BRAIN,, I would never even consider doing that either Em.. cos I just do not want to be treated like that.. sighhhhhhh
I worry my grand son is going to grow up in this cruel and harsh world,, but as long as I am alive, I am going to make him see the beautiful things that are still around him...:love:

Jojo
19-08-2005, 16:31
Men are the same WORLD WIDE they think they can get away with it cos they have the little brain and never exercise the BIG BRAIN,, I would never even consider doing that either Em.. cos I just do not want to be treated like that.. sighhhhhhh
I worry my grand son is going to grow up in this cruel and harsh world,, but as long as I am alive, I am going to make him see the beautiful things that are still around him...:love: Thats exactly what I am like with my boys - its not all looks - my hubby should know that (only joking, me thinks :rotfl: ) But honestly, I hate the pressure we have to endure on a daily basis, sometimes too. And who decides who is the perfect woman. Everyone is different and no-one should have to suffer that sort of torment or abuse. I think thats why I feel I'm going to have to get back in shape after this one arrives, I don't want people to look at my hubby and me together and think, "what on earth is he doing with her?"!!! How awful is it for someone to feel like that - my hubby doesn't and I shouldn't, but sometimes, you just can't help it!

JustJodi
19-08-2005, 16:40
Thats exactly what I am like with my boys - its not all looks - my hubby should know that (only joking, me thinks :rotfl: ) But honestly, I hate the pressure we have to endure on a daily basis, sometimes too. And who decides who is the perfect woman. Everyone is different and no-one should have to suffer that sort of torment or abuse. I think thats why I feel I'm going to have to get back in shape after this one arrives, I don't want people to look at my hubby and me together and think, "what on earth is he doing with her?"!!! How awful is it for someone to feel like that - my hubby doesn't and I shouldn't, but sometimes, you just can't help it!

At my age I shouldn't give a damn how others think,, but I think it is the constant exposure of all these gorgeous models, gorgeous celebrities,, and thinking,, man I should look like this and maybe I will be more attractive to my man,, but really thats rubbish thinking,, I just gotta learn to love myself just a bit more,, like u said WE JUST CAN'T HELP IT :wall:

Jojo
19-08-2005, 16:45
At my age I shouldn't give a damn how others think,, but I think it is the constant exposure of all these gorgeous models, gorgeous celebrities,, and thinking,, man I should look like this and maybe I will be more attractive to my man,, but really thats rubbish thinking,, I just gotta learn to love myself just a bit more,, like u said WE JUST CAN'T HELP IT :wall: Exactly, at the end of the day, I know my hubby loves me for me, (though for some reason I have to keep reminding him that I do love him!!), but it doesn't stop me from looking at these women, with their figures etc thinking, I used to be a size 10, now look at me and its only our self perception too, others don't see me as a size 14 + (it is mostly bum!!) I don't think any woman can truly say they are happy with the way they look though..

Debs
19-08-2005, 22:00
I was highly embarrassed at the time, but had a laugh about it. Now I'm nearly 30 its nice when people think that I am 22 ish but back then when I had my car keys in my hand and had my eldest with me, I thought do I really look 15 instead of 25!! My only problem I have now though, is that people give me filthy looks (had on in Tescos on Weds) cause I look huge (44in waist), so am obviously pregnant and had my two boys with me - one old girl actually tutted at me and commented about young people of this day and age!!! :eek:

i hate people like that i would have turned round and say something rude to her!!!

Debs
19-08-2005, 22:04

i hate it when that happens, if i see old work mates they will say ooh having another?? i just say NO IM JUST FAT!! :rotfl:

Worst was when i was at the doctors and i saw one of the health visitors and she told me i was blooming!! and i said what do you mean and she pointed at stomach and said how far along are you now??? i was mortified!! and said the same no im just fat!! it still there after connor!

$sTaCeY$
19-08-2005, 22:05
i hate it when that happens, if i see old work mates they will say ooh having another?? i just say NO IM JUST FAT!! :rotfl:

Worst was when i was at the doctors and i saw one of the health visitors and she told me i was blooming!! and i said what do you mean and she pointed at stomach and said how far along are you now??? i was mortified!! and said the same no im just fat!! it still there after connor!

lol :rotfl:

Jojo
20-08-2005, 10:13

:rotfl:OMG - I did have a go at the old girl though - turned to her and said "have you got a problem with me?? I'm 30 (nearly) and married so I am sure I am allowed you know!!" - she quickly scurried off looking at the floor and my mum was left wondering what on earth was going on!!!

willow
20-08-2005, 10:44
i really hate BANANAS!!!! they just make me feel ill!!!! not as bad as my sis ter though who finds it hard to be in the same room as them!!!

marmite!! yuck yuck yuck!!!

apple sauce, cranberry sauce its JAM!!!! why do you want to put jam on your dinner????

there are more on the way!!...................................

true.moon
20-08-2005, 10:49
and me ew i hate bananas

willow
20-08-2005, 10:54
i also hate rude people.....why can they not say please and thank you??? and it is not the teenagers and young people!!! i have found the rudest are the people over 55's (obviously not everyone over 55!!) they have no manners!!!

one of my biggest is people thinking i am thick and stupid because i work in a shop!! this may sound crazy but the way i am spoken to sometimes it is terrible, i am sick of being spoken down to and patronised!!!

....................more on the way!!!!

true.moon
20-08-2005, 10:57
not being offensive but old people really get on my nerves sometimes i was in tesco waiting to pay and an old lady bardged straight infront of me i said excuse me i was there and she said o i didnt see you
i was like yeah right

willow
20-08-2005, 11:00
i know they are so rude!!!!
and they complain aabout the teenagers!!! who can be a lot better behaved and well mannered!!!

true.moon
20-08-2005, 11:02
they think because they are old they have the right to do anything

Jojo
20-08-2005, 11:04
It really winds me up when I am waiting in my car for another to go past and the majority of pensioners never say thank you for waiting - I end up shouting out the window at them and then they complain that we are rude!!! Arrgghhh

true.moon
20-08-2005, 11:04
i was sat on bus, my mate and her mum
her mum has just had a baby and the baby was ont he bus it started crying and this old woman was sat there moaning and sihging and glaring at her then talking loudly about how people these days cant control their babies
my mates mum couldnt do anything

Jojo
20-08-2005, 11:05
I would have turned around and told her where to shove it...

true.moon
20-08-2005, 11:05
It really winds me up when I am waiting in my car for another to go past and the majority of pensioners never say thank you for waiting - I end up shouting out the window at them and then they complain that we are rude!!! Arrgghhhmy mum gets annoyed witht hat too

true.moon
20-08-2005, 11:06
my mates mum must have felt so bad about herself though
me and my mate sat the whole way giving the oldi laries
lol

willow
20-08-2005, 11:07
I would have turned around and told her where to shove it...

so would i

Jojo
20-08-2005, 11:09
my mates mum must have felt so bad about herself though
me and my mate sat the whole way giving the oldi laries
lolThats the thing - it makes us feel like useless parents even though we know we aren't - I know someone who had a complaint was made about her because of the children she looked after laughing in the garden when they were playing, and there is a playgroup down this way that is having an ASBO slapped on them for allowing the children to be too noisy at breaktime!!!!

These people have obviously forgotten how difficult it is to be parents and that children are actually allowed to have fun!!!

willow
20-08-2005, 11:11
when i had my theory test my boyfriend was sat in the waiting room and was asked to keep our daughter quiet as she was laughing too loud!! she was 9 months old!!! and evryone who was taking thier tests were in a sound proof room with head phones on!!!

Jojo
20-08-2005, 11:14
Its ridiculous - there is nothing better than the sound of children laughing!

willow
20-08-2005, 11:15
i think every one is just too grumpy now a days!! we are going back to "children should be seen and not heard"

this is my 2000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

true.moon
20-08-2005, 11:20
well donw willow

Jojo
20-08-2005, 11:21
And then they wonder why teenagers start getting feisty - there are so many restrictions these days - either we restrict them as parents out of concern or people complain if they're having fun!! Its awful really.

Well done on 2000!!!

willow
20-08-2005, 11:21
thanks xxx

true.moon
20-08-2005, 11:22
no probs

willow
20-08-2005, 11:23
And then they wonder why teenagers start getting feisty - there are so many restrictions these days - either we restrict them as parents out of concern or people complain if they're having fun!! Its awful really.

Well done on 2000!!!

i know all they get is you can't do this and you can't do that, and that they are bad all the time!! they hardly ever get a well done!!

true.moon
20-08-2005, 11:24
i no
its so rude

Jojo
20-08-2005, 11:27
I'm thinking we should start a young person appreciation club lol

willow
20-08-2005, 12:34
back to the cringes!!!

i cringe whenever there is a (how do i put this??) adult scenes in films!!

20-08-2005, 12:51
Use it the formal way as possible always works :p

willow
20-08-2005, 12:55
i just worry as what would not offend me might offend someone else!!!

i think adult scenes puts it the right way!!!

what else makes me cringe.............................let me think...............................

........................................people not picking up dog poo, litter etc..........

20-08-2005, 12:56
I got a cringe about elderlies!! I went to the mall one day with my mum and mate and my mum went into this store but I asked my mum if we could check out some hats so of me and my mate went which is just 3 stores away and then my mate tried on a hat. The old lady who was there said " Excuse me can you not try that hat on unless your going to buy it! ". I got really *I**ed of and gave her a dirrty look. We went and told my mum and she said you can go there and give her more dirrty looks if you want.. so we went past her 3 times at one point staring at her and her hats for about 1 minutes talking about the hats to eachother and her comment she said to my friend!!lol :p But I mean how are we supposed to buy a hat if you can't try it?!!! Answer me you i***t!!

willow
20-08-2005, 12:57
thats like buying shoes without trying them on!!!! not possible!!!!
silly woman!!!!

20-08-2005, 12:58
When there is poo outside your own driveway :angry: In my old house there was this man and he had a dog and everyday he would let his dog poo on our driveway... We had a word with him and he stopped but I got *I**ed of with that too!! Anything to complain I get angry with I mean why do it in the first place!!

20-08-2005, 12:59
thats like buying shoes without trying them on!!!! not possible!!!!
silly woman!!!!
Went there last week and I gave her a dirty look... think she rememered me.. she kept trying to ignore us.. clearly didn't work did it...

20-08-2005, 13:02
These are more of complaints than cringe's!! But I think I like complaining more :p

willow
20-08-2005, 13:02
ha ha nice one!!!!

20-08-2005, 13:03
Thanks :p I will always do it in the future!! Teaches her not to mess with me or her customers.. I wish I actually said something to her face now!!

willow
20-08-2005, 13:06
thats a really bad way to do business, you have to be polite to your customers, its common curtosy!!!
i would understand if you were going in there trying to smash the shop up!! but you might have been buying a hat!!! people like that really annoy me!!!

20-08-2005, 13:08
So any more complaints we can all complain about?...jojomum?? willow...

willow
20-08-2005, 13:22
tin foil it makes my teeth hurt!!

Abi
20-08-2005, 13:43

willow
20-08-2005, 13:46
i can't eat white chocolate it reminds me of baby sick!!!! (sorry)

20-08-2005, 14:27
Lmao white chocolate = baby sick!! :rotfl:

willow
20-08-2005, 14:28
it does really!!!!

Dr. Tangliss
20-08-2005, 15:35

:lol:

Jojo
21-08-2005, 11:31
I've another really cringeworthy story - how many people want to hear it?? (Its highly embarrassing, so would need enough requests to reveal!! :D )

Debs
21-08-2005, 11:36
yeah go on tell us

Jojo
21-08-2005, 11:39
I dunno, cause its really embarrassing - if there aren't enough requests, I may pm it! :D

JustJodi
21-08-2005, 11:45

OMG white chocolate ????? just plain ??? :sick:

true.moon
21-08-2005, 12:59
i love white chocci

JustJodi
21-08-2005, 13:04
i love white chocci

So do I with whole hazelnuts in it or just plain :cheer:

true.moon
21-08-2005, 13:05
just plain for me