PDA

View Full Version : Lily Slater Fowler Malloy

tammyy2j
01-01-2023, 22:54
EastEnders has announced an issue-based pregnancy storyline for Lily Slater.

Soap bosses recently promised 2023 will kick off with an important new story for the Slater family, and now they have confirmed 12-year-old Lily will discover she is expecting a baby.

The shocking news came to light on screen in the BBC show's January 1 episode after the family's disastrous New Year's Eve party, where various guests and family members ? including Lily, Jean and Eve ? collapsed.

Lacey Turner, who plays Lily's mum Stacey, opened up about this alarming turn of events: "Lily ends up at the bottom of the stairs, so I think Stacey goes into complete and utter panic. It?s at this point where she thinks, ?What the hell is going on here??"

When Lily was rushed to the hospital, doctors conducted a scan and ultimately delivered the news to Stacey that her preteen daughter is pregnant.

"Stacey's in complete and utter shock," Lacey acknowledged. "They're talking about her 12-year-old daughter, who doesn't have a boyfriend, and as far as Stacey knows, isn't really that into boys. Initially, Stacey thinks that the doctors must be wrong.

"After that, she goes through every single emotion that you could possibly feel in such a short space of time."

It is up to Stacey to share this life-changing news with Lily, which made for a fraught filming experience for both Lacey and young cast member Lillia Turner.

"I found it really hard to say the lines because Lilia is so brilliant that you can't help but feel like it's real when you are filming it," she said. "Stacey has got her head around the fact Lily is pregnant at this point, but has not thought much more than that.

"She wants to try to stay calm and not make a big deal for Lily's sake until it sinks in for her. When Lilia and I were saying the lines, it was so hard to get the words out of my mouth because I'd gone into the moment and felt like Stacey talking to Lily."

Stacey's initial decision is to hide the truth from Martin Fowler, who has been a surrogate father to Lily with biological dad Ryan Malloy away from Walford.

"Stacey is treading on eggshells. She needs to find out from Lily how this happened, who the father is, and all the details," she said.

"But to do that, she needs to build trust with Lily, and if her daughter wants it to be a secret, then Stacey will keep it secret. That?s why she doesn?t confide in Martin because she?s just trying to get the information and build that trust and not break it."

However, Stacey isn't dealing with this news all alone as she does confide in mum Jean to help figure out what they can do for Lily.

"Jean is Stacey's rock, her best friend, and they have such a strong connection," she said. "Stacey and Jean have been through so much together, and Jean?s the only person who can really properly understand Stacey inside and out.

"For Stacey to share this secret with her mum is a massive weight off of her shoulders, but she also wants someone to tell her what she should do. In Stacey's head, she?s thinking, 'Do I just go with what Lily wants? Should I be angry? Should I tell Lily she can't keep the baby?' Stacey is just looking to Jean for some help. She wants someone to tell her, 'Stacey, this is what you do.'"

The actress added: "I feel like Stacey knows what to do in most situations, she's such a tough cookie, but how does any parent deal with this? Every parent would deal with this in a completely different way."

Behind the scenes, Lacey has expressed her excitement for young co-star Lillia Turner to get her first major storyline since taking over the role of Lily in 2020.

"Lilia is such a great little actress ? there's something about her that is so warm and so natural, and her instincts are just bang-on," Lacey said. "She's been so desperate for a storyline of her own for so many years, so to see her have one is lovely. To watch her absolutely nail it has just been brilliant.

"I've tried to stay out of it as much as I can because Lilia actually doesn't need any help, tips or guidance because she's just great. She's got something that is so natural that I don't want to take that away from her."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a42370669/eastenders-spoilers-lily-slater-pregnancy-storyline/

lizann
04-01-2023, 01:08
it's supposedly ricky branning the daddy, sam and jack grand parents if she keeps it along with stacey and martin and ryan