PDA

View Full Version : Depot Injection

Luna
07-08-2005, 17:21
Is anyone else on this? Does anyone have any problems with it?

I have been on it for two years and now my body is rejecting it? Has anyone else had this? The Doc's are at a loss to why this is happening. :searchme:

chance
07-08-2005, 18:29
i may be being thick here but what is it?

willow
07-08-2005, 18:30
is it the depo injection for contraception?

i was on it for about 2 years and after around 18 months i started to reject it too!!! very weird!!!

Luna
07-08-2005, 18:31
It's a contraceptive injection - but im on it cause i have endometriosis

Luna
07-08-2005, 18:33
is it the depo injection for contraception?

i was on it for about 2 years and after around 18 months i started to reject it too!!! very weird!!!

Yeah thats it. It's the only thing that will control my endometriosis so i dont really want it to stop working lol. But the docs cant figure out why???

willow
07-08-2005, 18:56
maybe your body has got used to it! sounds silly but it does happen sometimes
i started acting strangly and went back to normal when i did not have the injection, i have got a mirena coil now and its fab

Luna
07-08-2005, 19:05
Maybe. I cant get the coil and the pill doesnt help so this was my only option

One of my friends mentioned something about an implant but i've never heard about it before?

Jojo
08-08-2005, 09:16
I've had the implant - had it fitted for 3 years before having it removed for trying for this little one - its the same type of thing as depo - if there's anything you want to know about it - just ask....

Dr. Tangliss
08-08-2005, 11:34
maybe your body has got used to it! sounds silly but it does happen sometimes
i started acting strangly and went back to normal when i did not have the injection, i have got a mirena coil now and its fab

I think you are probably right. Your body has probably built up an immune response to it, by creating antibodies. Hence, why you are rejecting it.

crazygirl
03-10-2005, 10:26
ive been on it for 9 years now and ive had no problems with it

Luna
03-10-2005, 10:29
ive been on it for 9 years now and ive had no problems with it

Did you have the body scan after five years??? Ive been asked to go for one just now

crazygirl
03-10-2005, 10:41
Did you have the body scan after five years??? Ive been asked to go for one just nowno, ive never heard of it what is it for?

Luna
03-10-2005, 11:00
your supposed to get a body scan after 5 years because it can cause your bones to weaken - because im rejecting it they think this might be the cause

crazygirl
03-10-2005, 12:55
your supposed to get a body scan after 5 years because it can cause your bones to weaken - because im rejecting it they think this might be the causeoh yea the nurse told me it is weakening the bones she didnt mention a scan though, she wants me to stop having the injection because
1, i smoke
2, the weakening of the bones
3, because ive been on it too long

she wants me to have a implant in my arm but i dont fancy it :sick:

Luna
03-10-2005, 12:58
nah i dont fancy that too - a few friends have had thaqt done and had a lot of problems with it - my clinic doesn't even offer it because of all the claims against it.

Luna
03-10-2005, 12:58
i smoke too i didn't think that affected it?

Jojo
03-10-2005, 16:09
nah i dont fancy that too - a few friends have had thaqt done and had a lot of problems with it - my clinic doesn't even offer it because of all the claims against it.I had the implant for 3 years and smoked with it - didn't have too many probs though had to take extra progesterone tabs as I'm not sensitive to it apparently. I found it much better than the depo!

crazygirl
03-10-2005, 22:57
i smoke too i didn't think that affected it?not the implant i was told you cant smoke with the depo

Luna
04-10-2005, 06:38
not the implant i was told you cant smoke with the depo

Ive never heard that before :searchme:

willow
04-10-2005, 07:24
not the implant i was told you cant smoke with the depo
i did not know that either, i was asked wether i smoked but they did not say i could not have it

Jojo
04-10-2005, 10:58
I smoked when I had the depo for a year and they said that the two were pretty much the same thing - basically the mini pill in either implant or injection form. I wasn't told that I couldn't have depo because of smoking though....

crazygirl
04-10-2005, 11:38
it just what the nurse told me last time i went she said you cant smoke on the pill or the depo but ive been on the depo 9 years and ive always smoked with it and its done no harm to me and someone i know has been on the pill years and she has always smoked i think they just try and make you give up the fags these days

Jojo
04-10-2005, 11:40
I think you're right - they are just trying to get everyone to give up smoking at the end of the day - I was on the pill for 11 years, depo for a year and then the implants for 3, and smoked throughout all of them!! I don't anymore though.