PDA

View Full Version : Dereks Interiew

Debs
05-08-2005, 22:54
Derek left the house just after 10pm this evening, deciding to go through (http://bigbrother.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds8428.html) with his eviction interview after all.

"Thankyou Derek for all your help, you've been a role model," said a sobbing Eugene when his time came. "I look forward to seeing you soon."

"God bless, Eugene," replied Derek fondly. "God bless to everyone."

With a wave, he bid farewell to the group and headed through the house before meeting the crowd outside.

"Oh, this is a moment!" he declared, walking with hands behind his back to meet the elusive Davina.

Beaming, he greeted the rapturous crowd, pointing out one "very handsome man" in particular. "We haven't had a reception like this all series, I have to say," admitted Davina as he made his way into the studio to be quizzed.

"I'm delighted it's now all over," he said, but added that it was "very kind because it's my birthday next Tuesday and you're all coming. It's a very good moment to be out to celebrate my brithday with people that love me."

Informed that Wimbledon had occurred one month earlier than he had thought, he replied: "Oh. Well, I thought they might have reorganised it around my appearance in the house."

On what he had discovered about himself: "I'm a nicer person than I thought I was. That came as a great surprise. I discovered too that team effort is absolutely everything and that's fundamentally what works. It's a lack of selfishness which is important in life and I hope I demonstrated that."

On whether he wanted to lead the conservative party: "I think there are people much more qualified than me to do that, but it's a very nice feeling to be more popular than the Tory party!"

Challenged on whether he had a dark side, he replied: "It's better not to cross the golly. I was restraining myself like restraining a horse that's rather ahead of itself."

On Science: "He's a nice lad. I wish him the best of luck in the world. I felt there was a connection originally but then he'd turn around and bite me savagely"

On Makosi: "Ten weeks on I don't really think I know her. She's got so many different faces - I counted at least four and none of them I particularly liked. She's highly ambitious and very aspirational and these are laudable things to be, but in the end she wasn't the sort of lady I'd like to avoid to lunch."

On Kinga: "Isn't she a darling? My little pocket rocket machine. And those boobs! It was a marvellous experience."

Asked whether Orlaith had contributed to his spate of "heterosexual thoughts" (http://bigbrother.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds8250.html), he answered: "Certainly not her! That's the quickest way to make an erection go flat!"

On closest ally Eugene: "If anybody can do anything for me, it will be to stand by him until the final. He is so honourable, so decent and I think he deserves to win."

On what he hopes to achive next, career-wise: "I want to finish writing a book and I hope that the children's stories I wrote may get published on the back of this show."

Finally, on whether he really did see a monkey, he insisted: "Well I did see a monkey... I did, I did!"

Emmak2005
06-08-2005, 05:02
Derek Meets Davina

Day 71, 22:45

Davina started the interview by explaining that Derek had completely misjudged when Wimbledon was.

Derek: I thought they might have reorganised around my appearance!

Davina: Ten weeks in the House, what does it feel like to be evicted one week before the end?

It's my birthday next Tuesday and you're all coming. It's a good moment to be out. I didn't go to win, I went for a personal journey. I didn't have to be there for as long as I was. I'm delighted it's over. I didn't want to win at all. Most politicians wouldn't survive a week without being evicted.

What did you discover?

I discovered I'm a lot nicer than I thought I was. Team effort is absolutely everything and a lack of selfishness is important in life.

Did you have a game plan?

To be myself, which obviously didn't work.

Were you surprised to be nominated?

No I was expecting it.

Why did you go on Big Brother?

Personal discovery, I wanted to connect with people. I'm interested in the revival of the Conservative party. It's a very nice feeling to be more popular than the Tory party.

You gave little of yourself away, you were quite guarded.

I don't think so but other people were much better at making their problems seem more important than anyone else's.

Did you ever feel you went to far?

I don't think I went far enough. I don't have the right not to say what I think.

What about with Science?

He's a nice lad, I wish him all the luck in the world, I think it was a defence mechanism. I shall write him a letter and see what happens.

Did you write people's initials on their hands to influence votes?

Someone offered me sweets and an initial or two was inscribed on my hand, by Vanessa.

We were trawling footage for evidence and we couldn't find it.

Well there you are, television never lies.

What is your opinion of Makosi?

Ten weeks on I don't really think I know her, she's got so many different faces. None of which I particularly like, I was very enthusiastic in the beginning, she's highly ambitious, but she wasn't the sort of lady I would invite for lunch.

And Kinga?

Those boobs... I've never seen anything like them. I've touched them, with my hands!

I also loved Lesley. It's the big boobs.

What about Orlaith?

That's the quickest way to make an erection go flat.

And Eugene?

He is so honourable, so decent and deserves to win.

Would you do it again?

Only for charity.

What do you want to do now?

Go on holiday. I've got to finish writing a book and stories I have written for children be published.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/media/news/day71/d71_2210_interview_2.jpghttp://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/media/news/day71/d71_2210_interview_1.jpg

"Those boobs... I've never seen anything like them"

Derek shares some fond memories

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/media/latest-pics/day68/d68_1810_craigworry_g.jpg

CRAIGY 2 WIN (Live final Friday 12th August)

willow
06-08-2005, 08:41
really enjoyed dereks interview. laughed so much i nearly fell off the chair!!!! really!!