PDA

View Full Version : freeview boxes

Zoesmi
03-08-2005, 22:51
hi everyone- this isn't exactly about computers but it is technological!!! can anyone explain to me about a freeview top-up box-do you need to upgrade your aeriel and if so does anyone know roughly how much this will cost? im thinking of buying one but am unsure of whether there are any hidden costs or 'catches'. is it worth buying one?
thanks a lot for your help!! :)

Debs
03-08-2005, 22:57
when we decided to get freeview for our bedroom we had to buy a digital arieal as the signal in the area was too weak! at the time it cost us £99 for the aerial and the fitting. which we tought was quite good.

the freeview is handy and more channels have been added since we first bought it which is good.

you hvae to check that freeview is available in your area. we had to text our postcode to a number and they reply to it telling you if it is or it isnt. you can get the number at currys etc.

crazygirl
04-08-2005, 13:59
you can check your postcode on the website i think! but yea it depends on where you live if you can recieve it or not! but i think most places can now

Meh
04-08-2005, 14:10
The best would be to see if you can borrow a friends freeview box, or even better ask a few neighbours if they have a freeview box. If their reception is ok, chances are yours will as well.