PDA

View Full Version : foolish writers!!!!

bronzemare13
02-08-2005, 10:41
can anyone please exsplain to me why the writers at the bbc are suddenly lacking in talent?
first off they missed a bunch of fun and games when kat came back. they never had her meet the cousins Moon. the smooth talker Danny would have had some lines to tell her no doubt. who could say what she would have done or said to him or his brother jake.
they messed up pat's '21st' birthday party with having alfie running around like the village idiot. i mean for heaven sakes talk about whipping a horse to death then rescurecting it it beat it to death again. this alfie/kat/alfie/little mo thing is getting beyond stupid.they could move to utah and be mormans for all i care anymore.the old timers had 2 wives.
now they are killing off nana Moon. what is jake going to do when he comes back with no Danny and no one left?
seem the writters are just in such a hurry to get to the 'issues' of society and not even taking time for chactors to grow.they get some really talented people in that add spice and excitement to the show and quick write them out.
i've only watched pat's 'birthday party' but have given up since they sacked Jake Maskall. i see in soap life where sharon is actting like a spoiled brat and dennis is giving in to her at every turn.it must be wonderful to not know what compromise is. she don't. pout and whinge and get your way.
thank you for letting me have a growl and grumble!

lildevil
02-08-2005, 10:43
i agree with you, when jake comes back he'll have Chrissie.

Kim
02-08-2005, 10:58
Agreed. What is wrong with those writers????????????

Treacle
02-08-2005, 11:03
The writers only work with the material they're given from the producers so you're blaming the wrong people and yes I agree this Mo/Alfie and Kat storyline is horrendous but there's been loads to balance it out recently and it's not even on-screen at the moment because Alfie is away on holiday with nana Moon. The two Moon cousins were absolutely terrible at acting and delivered monotone performances. Danny was laughable in the episodes leading up to his exit and I firmly believe Johnny should have shot him.

callummc
02-08-2005, 11:04
they have no consistency,we get an odd good episode,then a load of drivel,i think some of the writers come from a different planet

Kim
02-08-2005, 11:07
Me too, or the producers, whoever is behind all these poor storylines.

bronzemare13
02-08-2005, 11:11
no i totally disagree with you Walford Queen, it's the writers that are putting the poor lines and scenes on paper. the actors do their best with what they are given to work with.
Danny and Jake started out like a breath of fresh air but by the time the writter got done with them they were like pups not the proud wolves they started out as.
rotten writers and as for producers don't even get me started.....

Johnny Allen
02-08-2005, 15:44
The writers only work with the material they're given from the producers so you're blaming the wrong people and yes I agree this Mo/Alfie and Kat storyline is horrendous but there's been loads to balance it out recently and it's not even on-screen at the moment because Alfie is away on holiday with nana Moon. The two Moon cousins were absolutely terrible at acting and delivered monotone performances. Danny was laughable in the episodes leading up to his exit and I firmly believe Johnny should have shot him.

Thank you Walford Queen , everyone said Jake Maskall's performance as Danny was great acting I thought it was really bad, Billy Murray acted the pair of the moon brothers of-screen and I firmly believe that the character Johnny Allen would have killed Danny. And if the writers bring back Danny that would be just plain ridiculous.

kirsty_g
02-08-2005, 16:15
i totally agree

Johnny Allen
02-08-2005, 17:11
i totally disagree

Why?

parkerman
02-08-2005, 18:15
Thank you Walford Queen , everyone said Jake Maskall's performance as Danny was great acting I thought it was really bad, Billy Murray acted the pair of the moon brothers of-screen and I firmly believe that the character Johnny Allen would have killed Danny. And if the writers bring back Danny that would be just plain ridiculous.

Yes, you can add me to the school of thought that Jake Maskall's performance was hopeless.

bronzemare13
02-08-2005, 18:32
hopeless how??? he did what the writters and the directors and that producer wanted. considering the rediclous storyline what can you exspect? i mean who thought up the salsa night as a big storyline? that's about as dippy as they get.
if you are handed something at your work that is not much good but are told you will make this work then you do your best.
Jake Maskall really did a good job with his charactor Danny. he came across as a screwed up adult from a rotten home. why they never mentioned what happen to the mother is another thing. they mentioned about the abuseive father but not a word about the mother.
time for new writers and a new producer with a brain and ears to listen and hear with. this one is on a mission it seems to have the show end for good. i mean for heaven sakes if we wanted depressing we'd be watching the news. it's plenty depressing. at the same time we are not braindead silly fools that want goofy stuff. writers that can give a bit more to each charactor and a producer that let's them stay and grow. look at pat! when she first came on the show i wasn't too sure if i liked her or not but over the years she got to become someone i like. now they seem to just stay for a couple years at best and are gone.
can you say that in another year or so you'd still be saying Jake Maskall isn't a good actor? i still say he was brill!

CrazyLea
02-08-2005, 18:48
i didnt like danny as a character but jake maskell (whatever his name is) was a good actor. they just gave him really bad storylines

Kim
03-08-2005, 12:56
i didnt like danny as a character but jake maskell (whatever his name is) was a good actor. they just gave him really bad storylines

Agreed.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
03-08-2005, 13:02
I agree

Treacle
03-08-2005, 13:04
no i totally disagree with you Walford Queen, it's the writers that are putting the poor lines and scenes on paper. the actors do their best with what they are given to work with.
Danny and Jake started out like a breath of fresh air but by the time the writter got done with them they were like pups not the proud wolves they started out as.
rotten writers and as for producers don't even get me started.....
The editors tamper with the scripts one of the worst writers at the moment is Rob Gittens but he's been a writer since the eighties and has shown he can pen good episodes.

Treacle
03-08-2005, 13:05
hopeless how??? he did what the writters and the directors and that producer wanted. considering the rediclous storyline what can you exspect? i mean who thought up the salsa night as a big storyline? that's about as dippy as they get.
if you are handed something at your work that is not much good but are told you will make this work then you do your best.
Jake Maskall really did a good job with his charactor Danny. he came across as a screwed up adult from a rotten home. why they never mentioned what happen to the mother is another thing. they mentioned about the abuseive father but not a word about the mother.
time for new writers and a new producer with a brain and ears to listen and hear with. this one is on a mission it seems to have the show end for good. i mean for heaven sakes if we wanted depressing we'd be watching the news. it's plenty depressing. at the same time we are not braindead silly fools that want goofy stuff. writers that can give a bit more to each charactor and a producer that let's them stay and grow. look at pat! when she first came on the show i wasn't too sure if i liked her or not but over the years she got to become someone i like. now they seem to just stay for a couple years at best and are gone.
can you say that in another year or so you'd still be saying Jake Maskall isn't a good actor? i still say he was brill!
They probably couldn't think of anything quicker for wooden Jake Maskall to do for his exit :p

bronzemare13
03-08-2005, 14:31
i think you have the wooden joel beckett (jake moon) confused with the live wire Jake Maskall (Danny Moon). joel beckett was like watching paint dry. Jake Maskall was fun, he brought a lot of spark and life to the show. i mean the way he mouthed off to andy and dennis was great. i am really annoyed at how they sent him off so fast. given time he could have even rattled old phil's cage and made grants eyeballs pop out even farther. oh well it is time to see who can write and who has been listening to the viewers and the ones who can't can always go write for blue peter.

bronzemare13
03-08-2005, 14:32
walfod queen, i got to ask what is with the baby growth chart? are you exspecting a wee one? if so congrats!

pops110874
04-08-2005, 00:19
i completely agree - the writers and story editors have a lot to do with the current state of ee.

They are ruining characters with lame storylines.... and this will only lead to more actors leaving.....

Most of the main actors are caught up in boring plots that just make the characters seem uninteresting.

Even the big storylines like sharons wedding seem second rate compared with a few years back

i hope it picks up when the mitchells come back.....

Treacle
04-08-2005, 00:54
walfod queen, i got to ask what is with the baby growth chart? are you exspecting a wee one? if so congrats!
Yes I am :)

Treacle
04-08-2005, 00:55
i think you have the wooden joel beckett (jake moon) confused with the live wire Jake Maskall (Danny Moon). joel beckett was like watching paint dry. Jake Maskall was fun, he brought a lot of spark and life to the show. i mean the way he mouthed off to andy and dennis was great. i am really annoyed at how they sent him off so fast. given time he could have even rattled old phil's cage and made grants eyeballs pop out even farther. oh well it is time to see who can write and who has been listening to the viewers and the ones who can't can always go write for blue peter.
I'm sorry but he was so boring and that voice of his he would try to be threatening but sound camp.

i_luv_dennis
04-08-2005, 09:50
i luved danny