PDA

View Full Version : nationalities come out as the ball begins

chance
27-07-2005, 23:08
The housemates all adopted their secret covers as the ambassador's ball got underway.

"We mustn't get plastered," announced Derek before proceedings began, but added: "I'm going to have to have a glass of that nasty champagne."

Typical ball music played as the housemates entered the living area one by one, introducing themselves to each other under their new guises.

With the pleasantries over, the guests seated at the dining table and began tucking into the provided truffles, canopes and champagne.

"Have you ever eaten a meal at a dining table before?" Derek, playing English gentleman 'Jordan Maple', asked 'Steve' (Anthony). "Do they have such things in Australia?"

Eugene, assuming the character of an American maintenance engineer, alluded to a confusion of all countries outside of his homeland.

"I came up with a new invention to clean windows using microwaves," he told Makosi, the Russian scientist. "Do you think cold fusion could help?"

Jordan, whose many skills include the ability to burp the national anthem, attempted - but failed - to demonstrate the party trick for the group. "Her Majesty would not be amused," he declared with embarrassment.

Laughter ensued when Eugene - 'John Harris' - fell off his chair backwards. "I seem to have had too much alcohol," he said, still in character.

Later he challenged Craig, the German fighter pilot, to a showdown between cars from their respective countries. "Chevrolet or BMW?" he asked aggressively.

"Know this American," Craig replied, "Germany will defeat you!"