PDA

View Full Version : Casualty Spoilers 2021

Perdita
10-11-2020, 06:46
Casualty star Charles Venn has teased what's in store for the show's 35th anniversary next year.

The BBC medical show will be reaching another milestone in 2021, and Charles reckons fans won't be disappointed with how they are planning to mark it.

This content is imported from Third party. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

"I can imagine it'll be another huge, cataclysmic accident where all the Holby team are obviously all hands on deck.

"The one thing Casualty does is it never fails to disappoint. It's going to be action-packed. I think Casualty will do what it always does and keep you on the edge of your toes. It'll be something along the lines of before [the helicopter crash in 2016], it will be just as action-packed."

Teasing what the future holds for Jacob and Connie following their passionate encounter back in the summer, Charles added: "I want to believe in my heart that they will be able to forge a long-term relationship.

"I want to believe that Jacob could propose to Connie and they have a wonderful wedding and maybe a kid together. In my world, that is what I want. But we are talking about Casualty here where it's all about drama. Nothing is ever smooth sailing.

"So as much as I want that, I am preparing myself for some kind of horrible scenario that just takes the situation left and everything will go up in smoke in some shape or form, unfortunately. I am trying to be positive but it's hard as it's happened so many times in the past."

Fans can hit 'play' on the podcast embed in this article to hear our full interview with Charles, where he shares more thoughts about Connie and Jacob's future and discusses Casualty's return to filming.

Perdita
11-12-2020, 14:37
Casualty has confirmed when it will be returning to our screens, after over four months off air.

The BBC medical drama went on a hiatus back in August, due to the UK lockdown disrupting filming earlier in the spring.

However, Casualty will be back on air on Saturday, January 2, 2021 ? with groundbreaking scenes exploring the pandemic through the eyes of the ED.

The emotive special, kicking off Casualty's return, will see these unprecedented times through the lens of the Emergency Department staff.

Fans should check back later in the month for a more in-depth breakdown of what's in store in the new series, but we've already been given some early teasers of what to expect.

As COVID 19 reaches the hospital, Connie will be forced to battle her personal demons to lead the department, with the support of Charlie and Jacob.

A pregnant Fenisha faces a dilemma of her own, when she realises she needs to do everything she can to care for her unborn baby.

Will will also be left angry and frustrated as the hospital struggles to cope with the mounting pressure.

Speaking about Casualty's return. Kate Oates, head of continuing drama at BBC Studios, said: "We are thrilled to be back in production with the BBC's longest-running medical show.

"The writers, Casualty teams, cast and crew are back on set with stories that reflect the extraordinary times we are living through. We can't wait for the audience to see them and to be back in the Saturday night schedule."

The Casualty production team have developed comprehensive production protocols to ensure that the series is produced in a safe and responsible manner.

Social distancing will be adhered to in accordance with current government guidelines, and the high standards that audiences expect will be achieved through inventive techniques and careful planning.

Casualty episodes will be airing at the slightly shorter duration of 40 minutes for the foreseeable future.

Digital Spy

Perdita
11-12-2020, 14:37
As Covid-19 reaches the ED, will the team cope with the toughest challenge of their careers?

Connie (Amanda Mealing) battles her personal demons to lead the department with the support of Charlie (Derek Thompson) and Jacob (Charles Venn).

Fenisha (Olivia D?Lima) realises she must do everything she can to care for her unborn baby. Will (Jack Nolan) feels angry and frustrated as the hospital struggles to cope with the mounting pressure.

BBC

Perdita
19-12-2020, 07:15
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/casualty/a35013720/casualty-spoilers-teasers-2021-show-boss-loretta-preece/

17 spoilers for 2021