PDA

View Full Version : Jay Rebecchi (Dhruv Malge)

Pantherboy
02-11-2020, 06:58
Digital Spy article on the arrival of (guest) character Jay Rebecchi, to be played by Dhruv Malge:

Neighbours reveals full details on Jay Rebecchi's arrival as Dhruv Malge lands the role
The absent Rebecchi is finally making an appearance.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a34544325/neighbours-spoilers-dhruv-malge-jay-rebecchi/

Neighbours spoilers follow.

Neighbours bosses have officially confirmed that Dhruv Malge will be taking on the role of Jay Rebecchi.

Dhruv has filmed a guest stint in the role of Jay, who's the son of established characters Shane and Dipi.

Jay has been mentioned several times since Shane and Dipi moved to Ramsay Street with their daughters Yashvi and Kirsha in 2017. As he has been away studying in recent years, Jay hasn't played any role in his family's dramas in Erinsborough ? until now.

Speaking to Digital Spy about landing the role of Jay, Dhruv commented: "An audition came in from my agent saying it's for Neighbours, so I jumped at the opportunity and sent in a self-tape. The day I got called and my agent told me I got offered the role, I actually started jumping.

"Jay is a smart, confident teenager. He's Shane and Dipi's golden child, so he's obviously seen as this perfect image of a son, with a caring soul always wanting to fix everything."

Asked about the long wait to meet Jay, Dhruv continued: "It's a huge thing playing a character with that anticipation, but it did come with some responsibility to do right by Jay and make the most of this opportunity.

"There's no secret behind him not being there ? he had the opportunity to go to a top school on a scholarship and his parents felt this was the best option, particularly because Jay is academically gifted."

Jay's arrival on Ramsay Street will come at a terrible time for the Rebecchi family, as his parents' marriage hits crisis point over Dipi's affair with Pierce Greyson.

Dhruv explained: "I feel like Jay handles it like any other child would when they feel like their family is going through a rough time. He tries his best to fix everything, which I do feel is part of his personality.

"Jay's arrival makes a big difference. His confident approach towards this problem and the way his presence changes the entire atmosphere in the family has a good impact on the family life."

Dhruv also paid tribute to his on-screen family members, who have all been calling for Jay to arrive over the past few years.

He added: "I loved playing the chemistry between the family with Nick, Sharon and Olivia. It was fun and I got to learn so much from all of them.

"A lot of my other scenes had Ben, Georgie and Jemma, who play Hendrix, Mackenzie and Harlow. I loved the group and learned a lot from those guys."

Neighbours fans in Australia will see Jay's first scenes on Friday, November 13, while UK viewers will watch his arrival on Friday, December 4.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Pantherboy
20-01-2021, 21:11
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours airs Jay Rebecchi exit as Dhruv Malge's guest stint comes to an end
The door is left open for a potential return.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a35265163/neighbours-jay-rebecchi-dhruv-malge-exit/

Neighbours spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK readers may prefer to avoid.

Neighbours has said goodbye for the time being to Jay Rebecchi on Australian screens, with Dhruv Malge's guest stint coming to an end.

Wednesday's episode (January 20) saw Jay leaving for Sydney ? but his final conversation with Mackenzie Hargreaves (Georgie Stone) has set up a potential return for the character in the future.

Jay's exit comes as he looks to take responsibility for his recent behaviour, including his part in Hendrix Greyson's gambling trouble.

His parents Dipi (Sharon Johal) and Shane (Nicholas Coghlan) agree to let him return to school in Sydney, with the departure planned that same day. But Jay has doubts having recently learned that Mackenzie reciprocates his feelings for her.

Mackenzie suggests Jay could stay and go to Erinsborough High, but Jay says a relationship may get in the way of his studies and getting himself together.

At Harold's, where Jay gathers with his family for a final lunch, he tells Mackenzie that he plans to return one day.

"This isn't forever. I'll be back," he says. "I promise."

In the same episode, Dipi decides to take a few days away from Erinsborough after struggling with Shane dating Amy Greenwood (Jacinta Stapleton). She temporarily leaves with Jay.

UK viewers will see these scenes in about a month's time.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).