PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders Or Emmerdale!

leo_is_so_fit!!
26-07-2005, 21:14
As you all probably know Emmerdale is set to overtake Eastenders in the soap charts. So i just wondered which you think is better!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
26-07-2005, 21:16
How dare you ask that question :eek: Joking :p But I voted EE since I don't watch Emmerdale :)

chance
26-07-2005, 21:18
emmerdale at the moment definatley,bet ee will win in this poll though

lildevil
26-07-2005, 21:27
Eastenders Emmerdale is crap

Abi
26-07-2005, 21:29
Surely this should be in general soap, because then the Emmerdale viewers who dont look at Eastenders stand a chance of actually seeing and voting in this poll.

alan45
26-07-2005, 22:55
If everyone was being honest Emmerdale would win by miles but as EE fanatics are blinded at the MO then its obvious how the voting will go on here

chance
26-07-2005, 23:44
exactly alan45 emmerdale would win by miles but there are those ee people who dont like to admit it

chance
26-07-2005, 23:45
Surely this should be in general soap, because then the Emmerdale viewers who dont look at Eastenders stand a chance of actually seeing and voting in this poll.
good point

crazygirl
26-07-2005, 23:59
eastenders is so much better....i'm loving it!

Treacle
27-07-2005, 00:12
I voted neither :eek: although it was by accident.

Emmerdale set to overtake EastEnders is a load of poo poo anyways. If it comes from a bigwig at Granada, it's probably wrong.
They all want hung and I'd love to be the one pulling the ropes :D

Kim
27-07-2005, 08:29
Eastenders is so much better even with storylines like Molfie. Emmerdale is just boring in my opinion.

Tamzi
27-07-2005, 08:31
I voted ee but I really like emmerdale. I miss Chas though and I just think she's a cool character and I am looking forwrd to her coming back. Its just right now the scott/Zoe storyline isn't really really interesting neither is Kelly windsor
xxx

Luna
27-07-2005, 08:55
Emmerdale at the moment but i always change lol

i_luv_dennis
27-07-2005, 09:19
got to be ee

phils little sister
27-07-2005, 09:29
Eastenders :cheer:

CrazyLea
27-07-2005, 11:10
i dont like emmerdale.. so eastenders :)

Jessie Wallace
27-07-2005, 13:00
Eastenders it's no contest.

Treacle
27-07-2005, 13:34
It's unfair to compare them. Emmerdale is a soap whereas EastEnders at best is the BBC's flagship Drama.

Abi
27-07-2005, 17:31
but at the minute WQ, its easy to compare them because EE is being so poor so is hardly a flagship drama :D

I always chop and change my mind anyway. I actually prefer the australien soaps at the minute, and am finding that corrie and EE are both getting too big for their boots. Emmerdale is OK, but i agree its a shadow of itself since the Cain/Charity thing ended. That is one of my all time favourite soap moments

Katy
27-07-2005, 17:37
i dont know i change my mind regularly. Its EE at this present moment in time.

Abi
27-07-2005, 17:39
What is it about EE that everyone seems to be liking? I can see hardly any entertainment in it what-so-ever

Jojo
27-07-2005, 17:44
Don't watch Emmerdale, its only ever been and will be Eastenders!!

Bad Wolf
27-07-2005, 17:46
neither, cant choose

.:SpIcYsPy:.
27-07-2005, 18:13
Rock on EE!!

Abi
27-07-2005, 18:19
Again i ask, what is it about EE that everyone finds so entertaining?

Layne
27-07-2005, 18:21
I voted neither :eek: although it was by accident.

Yeh they all say that!!!!
Do you really need to ask?>??
I mnean ok i'll admit it i watch Emmerdale now and again *puts on safety hat and avoids throwing objects* but of course i voted EastEnders it is and always will be the best!

Dr. Tangliss
27-07-2005, 19:40
Eastender is SO much better then Emerdale. Well it is in my book

Treacle
27-07-2005, 19:40
I cannot be on with these people who aren't prepared to be optimistic about the show, no point in watching atall with no optimism, it's as if people WANT the show to end well it's not going to happen. Unlike ailing channel ITV1 the BBC doesn't need to chase ratings as much.

Abi
28-07-2005, 16:24
Well it obviously thinks it needs the best ratings, or it wouldn't have been so bothered that they have had their worst ratings in Eastenders ever recently

Treacle
04-08-2005, 03:12
Well it obviously thinks it needs the best ratings, or it wouldn't have been so bothered that they have had their worst ratings in Eastenders ever recentlyThey're not bothered though it's the press that are!

***Virgo***
04-08-2005, 11:07
Eastenders all the way

Treacle
04-08-2005, 12:07
Eastenders all the way
:cheer: It's the best show on television even when it lost its way IMHO :)

***sharon rules***
04-08-2005, 12:21
eastenders is so much better emmerdale is so boring.
eastenders rules.

Treacle
04-08-2005, 12:25
eastenders is so much better emmerdale is so boring.
eastenders rules.
I know it's all full of faceless blondes now it's turning more into 'Hollyoaks' everyday!

Chris_2k11
04-08-2005, 12:27
Did I hear a bad word said against my Hollyoaks!? :eek:

Treacle
04-08-2005, 12:34
Did I hear a bad word said against my Hollyoaks!? :eek:
'Hollyoaks' is dire at the moment.

Dr. Tangliss
04-08-2005, 12:38
'Hollyoaks' is dire at the moment.

Especially as Lisa is coming back, I really can't stand her:thumbsdow

♥Lovin Me 4 Me♥
04-08-2005, 12:45

Well as you know, there is one of these in the Emmerdale forum as well, but no one complained there that it was in the wrong forum, as maybe eastenders fans don't look at that.

But saying this, Eastenders is winning in the Emmerdale forum too, so that's saying something!

Treacle
04-08-2005, 12:47
Well as you know, there is one of these in the Emmerdale forum as well, but no one complained there that it was in the wrong forum, as maybe eastenders fans don't look at that.

But saying this, Eastenders is winning in the Emmerdale forum too, so that's saying something!
I know there's one in each of the two forums but it would have been better to just use the one lol.

♥Lovin Me 4 Me♥
04-08-2005, 12:51
If everyone was being honest Emmerdale would win by miles but as EE fanatics are blinded at the MO then its obvious how the voting will go on here

lol alan45 this is just a vote, don't take it too seriously! I think everyone is being honest and giving their true opinion, why would they lie? And no one is being blinded, people just like Eastenders better, and I agree. I think you're just annoyed because emmerdale are losing lol :)

Treacle
04-08-2005, 12:52
lol alan45 this is just a vote, don't take it too seriously! I think everyone is being honest and giving their true opinion, why would they lie? And no one is being blinded, people just like Eastenders better, and I agree. I think you're just annoyed because emmerdale are losing lol :)LOL good reply :)

♥Lovin Me 4 Me♥
04-08-2005, 12:58
LOL good reply :)

Thank you walford queen :)

Abi
04-08-2005, 13:58
He;s not annoyed that Emmerdale are losing, because unlike the fans of CERTAIN soaps, we dont need proof that our soap is better then them, we just know :D

i_love_matt!
04-08-2005, 16:02
Eastenders

Abi
04-08-2005, 16:04
Eastenders

i'm going to try and say this as nicely as i can, but can you give a reason for your opinion?!?!? :thumbsup:

♥Lovin Me 4 Me♥
04-08-2005, 21:10
i'm going to try and say this as nicely as i can, but can you give a reason for your opinion?!?!? :thumbsup:

Can YOU give a reason???

Treacle
04-08-2005, 21:17
He;s not annoyed that Emmerdale are losing, because unlike the fans of CERTAIN soaps, we dont need proof that our soap is better then them, we just know :D
The proof is in the pudding 'Emmerdale' can't even get their ratings above ten million consistently!

Treacle
04-08-2005, 21:17
Can YOU give a reason???
Exactly!

Abi
04-08-2005, 21:19
yes

Emmerdale has handled a mixture of Serious stories, such as Debbies pregancy, as well as comical ones. They have also reflected life in a more realistic way, proving that people can be happy as well as have on going problems in life. Eastenders has had promising stories, however i dont think that they have been done as good as they could have done. They have very few couples which have been consistantly happy, and thrive more on Crime. A few years back they were great, and the recent episodes have been a shadow of these, as i'm sure you must agree. However, Emmerdale has ben stedily improving. As i have already said, i dont have a frim favourite, and take every story as it comes, however at the minute i feel that Emmerdale is doing well.

Now for YOUR reason :D

Treacle
04-08-2005, 21:31
yes

Emmerdale has handled a mixture of Serious stories, such as Debbies pregancy, as well as comical ones. They have also reflected life in a more realistic way, proving that people can be happy as well as have on going problems in life. Eastenders has had promising stories, however i dont think that they have been done as good as they could have done. They have very few couples which have been consistantly happy, and thrive more on Crime. A few years back they were great, and the recent episodes have been a shadow of these, as i'm sure you must agree. However, Emmerdale has ben stedily improving. As i have already said, i dont have a frim favourite, and take every story as it comes, however at the minute i feel that Emmerdale is doing well.

Now for YOUR reason :DIMHO Emmerdale is just the same as it's ever been plodding along etc. I can't see anything spectacular that's happened that wouldn't have happened in another year in the Dales etc they're recruited wooden Patsy Kensit etc as the new Kim Tate though and they've roped in this new King family that are taking over the whole show but apart from that things are relatively normal in Emmerdale. Their consistent ratings (neither going up or down) prove that it just cannot build up a high audience in the same league that EastEnders and Coronation Street can. You wouldn't see Emmerdale get even 10 million consistently for more than 2 consecutive episodes so it's a cause for celebration when they do hit double figures!

EastEnders appear to be fighting back with some top storylines in the pipeline as well as the return of some of the past legends and the introduction of some exciting new blood into the Square. The only problem at the moment (and thus proved by all the complaining people do about it) is the Mo, Alfie and Kat storyline. One storyline does not ruin the whole show though it all depends on how much screentime it gets and also whether there is enough to balance it all out. I'm extremely proud of EastEnders because it really is going in the right direction and this summer for the flagship BBC1 soap opera drama looks set to be the hottest in any soap.

Abi
04-08-2005, 21:37
It is heading in the right direction, and i'm pleased about that because the actors and producers have put in a lot of hard work. However untill it actually happens and shows results, i dont think the chickens should be counted.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal opinions. If you enjoy the stories then thats all that matters, it just so happens that i haven't been enjoying Eastenders as much as i have in recent years, and think that Emmerdale is actually pretty good. If you enjoy Eastenders at the minute, then good on you, you are obviously vry optimistic and find the good in episodes, even when its very hard :D

Treacle
04-08-2005, 21:44
It is heading in the right direction, and i'm pleased about that because the actors and producers have put in a lot of hard work. However untill it actually happens and shows results, i dont think the chickens should be counted.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal opinions. If you enjoy the stories then thats all that matters, it just so happens that i haven't been enjoying Eastenders as much as i have in recent years, and think that Emmerdale is actually pretty good. If you enjoy Eastenders at the minute, then good on you, you are obviously vry optimistic and find the good in episodes, even when its very hard :D

At the end of the day yes it does boil down to personal opinions and I can respect that some people feel that Emmerdale is getting better but for me it's just so lazy and monotonous. It's better than Corrie though so if I wasn't such a big fan of EastEnders then I probably would be looking towards Emmerdale as my 2nd option. I can't stand that awful King family though who have taken over the whole show and are now acting like some kind of mafia! They're making it unbearable for me especially as I don't find any of them attractive even that slimeball Matthew.

Abi
04-08-2005, 21:46
I hate the one with the big nose, adn the one thats a vet. I really enjoyed the Debbie and Andy story, i thought that was great

Treacle
04-08-2005, 21:54
I hate the one with the big nose, adn the one thats a vet. I really enjoyed the Debbie and Andy story, i thought that was greatNobody raised an eyebrow that Debbie had been raped!

Abi
04-08-2005, 21:56
She wasn't raped was she? They both consented

Treacle
04-08-2005, 21:57
He's over the age of 18 whilst she is still a minor whether consent was given or not is irrelevant it's statuory rape.

Jade
04-08-2005, 21:58
She wasnt raped, but Debbie was underage.

Treacle
04-08-2005, 21:59
Well I suppose she was a bit too old for it to be statuory rape jude but in a way it's still illegal and nobody cared! Even Cain didn't seem to react that much to the news that Debbie had given birth to Andy's baby.

Jade
04-08-2005, 22:10
Without a doubt it was illegal, but ints not the Dingles way to involve the police. But your right Cain didnt react but then he did father Debbie when him and Charity were the same age. I think he did thump Andy??

Abi
05-08-2005, 09:37
Yeah he did thump him, Cain would never go to the poice though, not even with it being Andy

kirsty_g
05-08-2005, 12:57
totally eastenders

***Virgo***
05-08-2005, 13:48
Without a doubt

Treacle
05-08-2005, 13:58
totally eastenders
All the way :cheer:

Treacle
05-08-2005, 13:59
Yeah he did thump him, Cain would never go to the poice though, not even with it being Andy
We all expected Cain to react much more violently and perhaps even kill Andy :eek: It was just too tame for Cain and I don't care that we were supposed to believe Debbie having the baby tamed his attitude towards Andy he would still have charged off without listening to her and beat Andy to a pulp!

Keating's babe
05-08-2005, 14:01
I thought it was nice when Debbie had the baby and Cain didn't do the expected thing by beating Andy to a pulp. Although it was quite clear he wanted to. :p

Treacle
05-08-2005, 14:02
I thought it was nice when Debbie had the baby and Cain didn't do the expected thing by beating Andy to a pulp. Although it was quite clear he wanted to. :p
The normal Cain would have done but they gave him a personality transplant because Kelvin Fletcher wasn't leaving Emmerdale so they had no reason to have Andy killed off :rolleyes:

Keating's babe
05-08-2005, 14:03

You're right - it wasn't rape as they both consented - but it is illegal for someone to sleep with a person who is underage.

Abi
05-08-2005, 17:51
Cain wouldn't want to kill him at hte time anyway, because he loves Debbie, and she would have disowned him if he did, as she thought she was in love with andy at the time. Even if Cain shows no love for her most of the time, i think he does really, but doesn't want her to always get in the way of his macho persona

Cain wouldn't call the police in either, because he wouldn't want them digging up stuff about him and his own past. Its completly against the Dingles charcter to shop anyone, even if its under those circumstances.

shannisrules
05-08-2005, 20:48
how can people say they like emmerdale better than eastenders as this bit of the boards is the eastenders section?

♥Lovin Me 4 Me♥
05-08-2005, 21:53
IMHO Emmerdale is just the same as it's ever been plodding along etc. I can't see anything spectacular that's happened that wouldn't have happened in another year in the Dales etc they're recruited wooden Patsy Kensit etc as the new Kim Tate though and they've roped in this new King family that are taking over the whole show but apart from that things are relatively normal in Emmerdale. Their consistent ratings (neither going up or down) prove that it just cannot build up a high audience in the same league that EastEnders and Coronation Street can. You wouldn't see Emmerdale get even 10 million consistently for more than 2 consecutive episodes so it's a cause for celebration when they do hit double figures!

EastEnders appear to be fighting back with some top storylines in the pipeline as well as the return of some of the past legends and the introduction of some exciting new blood into the Square. The only problem at the moment (and thus proved by all the complaining people do about it) is the Mo, Alfie and Kat storyline. One storyline does not ruin the whole show though it all depends on how much screentime it gets and also whether there is enough to balance it all out. I'm extremely proud of EastEnders because it really is going in the right direction and this summer for the flagship BBC1 soap opera drama looks set to be the hottest in any soap.

I agree with everything you've said there walford queen! i'm taking up so much space with the quote!
I think emmerdale are also DEFINITELY not realistic, not lately anyway. I think they are definitely goin the same way corrie and eastenders have done, so you cannot say that eastenders are not realistic, because really, neither are emmerdale.

♥Lovin Me 4 Me♥
05-08-2005, 21:57
how can people say they like emmerdale better than eastenders as this bit of the boards is the eastenders section?

there's one in the emmerdale forum too.

Treacle
06-08-2005, 03:30
Cain wouldn't want to kill him at hte time anyway, because he loves Debbie, and she would have disowned him if he did, as she thought she was in love with andy at the time. Even if Cain shows no love for her most of the time, i think he does really, but doesn't want her to always get in the way of his macho persona

Cain wouldn't call the police in either, because he wouldn't want them digging up stuff about him and his own past. Its completly against the Dingles charcter to shop anyone, even if its under those circumstances.
When Cain is violent he doesn't think or listen to anybody.

Abi
06-08-2005, 16:25
In this case, i think he did

Carrie Bradshaw
06-08-2005, 16:58
I prefer Eastenders but thats just because I don't think I've ever watched a whole episode of Emmerdale in my life, its never really interested me!!

Treacle
09-08-2005, 11:25
I prefer Eastenders but thats just because I don't think I've ever watched a whole episode of Emmerdale in my life, its never really interested me!!Good choice :cheer:

Treacle
09-08-2005, 11:25
In this case, i think he didWell I still don't buy it because it's just not the normal way of doing things for Cain.