PDA

View Full Version : Meena Jutla ( Paige Sandhu )

Perdita
31-07-2020, 14:29
Emmerdale has hinted that there could be more tensions in store for the Sharmas as Manpreet's sister arrives in the village later this year.

The soap has recently provided some teasers about its upcoming storylines as ITV shared its autumn schedule plans today (July 30), and while Moira Dingle (Natalie J Robb) is set to welcome a visit from her brother, it turns out she's not the only villager getting a visit from a long-lost family member.

Manpreet Sharma (Rebecca Sarker) will also be welcoming her sister into the village later this year, and there'll be plenty of tension ahead for the pair.

Manpreet and her sister can usually be seen at each other's throats, but will this be the visit that sees the sisters finally get on ? or will she just prove to be a thorn in Manpreet's side?

Alongside Moira and Manpreet's family reunions, Emmerdale will also see trouble ahead for plenty of other characters. As Belle Dingle and Jamie Tate's relationship continues to cause rifts in the village, Belle will find herself in the midst of the feud ? and it could end in betrayal.

The soap has also teased that there's a dark murder plot in store that will see one of the soap's most notorious characters killed off, leading to devastating consequences in the village.

As ITV released its autumn schedule, it also confirmed when both Emmerdale and Coronation Street will return to their normal broadcast schedule, after both soaps cut their broadcasts to three episodes a week after production was paused in March due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Both soaps are now set to return to airing six episodes a week from mid-September.

Digital Spy

tammyy2j
10-09-2020, 00:39
Manpreet Sharma's (Rebecca Sarker) sister Meena (Paige Sandhu) is on her way and she'll have her eye on quite a few villagers.

"We've got Manpreet's sister who again, is not backwards in coming forwards! She's quite a character and we find out exactly why Manpreet hasn't spoken to her for all these years," Jane said.

"She gets her own way and goes after what she wants. The men of the village need to watch out because she's got her sights set on some of them. She's great, so much fun and a real firecracker. We've got a lot coming up for her."

Digital Spy

lizann
16-09-2020, 17:21
billy and ellis fight over her

lizann
09-10-2020, 09:06
a man eating nurse, already annoying, david al, jai, liam or rishi for her first

Perdita
05-04-2021, 07:28
Emmerdale star Paige Sandhu teases "really exciting" new storyline for Meena Jutla
Emmerdale star Paige Sandhu joined the ITV soap as Meena Jutla in September 2020 and has already ruffled some feathers, argued a lot with her sister Manpreet, and had a relationship with David Metcalfe.
Now it looks like there's going to be a big storyline on the horizon for her, as Sandhu teased to Inside Soap magazine.
The actress, who loves playing the "fun and sneaky" character, said that she was hugely excited about it, but is keeping schtum about what it is.
"Well, actually, I will be doing my dream storyline for Meena this year! I wish could tell you what it is, but I can't," she said.
"It's really exciting and something that people will definitely want to watch. My dreams are coming true!"
Although David isn't necessarily related to the upcoming storyline, Sandhu did clear up what her character's feelings towards him are, stating: "Meena really loves David, but the way that she loves people isn't the way that normal people love."
Of course, her story could involve more drama with her sister Manpreet, who had her relationship with Rishi Sharma tested after some major revelations about her past come out. Well, we say tested, we mean he told her to move out permanently.

Well, I doubt it will be something I want to watch desperately ...

lizann
12-04-2021, 15:31
does she kill andrea and rishi to free manpreet for charles

tammyy2j
21-04-2021, 01:10
I do not like or understand Meena, what has Ethan ever done to her

johntrevor
30-04-2021, 11:48
I do not like or understand Meena, what has Ethan ever done to her

Can the producers get rid of this annoying useless character. She adds absolutely nothing to any story.

Perdita
30-04-2021, 14:38
Can the producers get rid of this annoying useless character. She adds absolutely nothing to any story.

Eye candy for some, I guess

lizann
30-04-2021, 22:55
duncan in metro has meena as next big soap villain, jealousy of of david's exs will anger her more

lizann
28-06-2021, 00:55
she kills next week

Perdita
13-07-2021, 14:42
She will not be found out for a long time to come yet and worse is to come according to Sharon Marschall on today's This Morning

Perdita
26-10-2021, 15:30
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a38062211/emmerdale-boss-confirms-new-meena-jutla-love-interest/

Emmerdale's Meena Jutla will soon be lining up a new target as she sets her sights on another villager ? which could potentially put more lives in jeopardy.

Viewers are well aware that getting involved with Meena (Paige Sandhu) always ends in trouble, with the scheming nurse having taken revenge on her boyfriend David Metcalfe (Matthew Wolfenden) and his secret love interest Victoria Sugden (Isabel Hodgins) during Super Soap Week last week by trying to drown Victoria.

Although Victoria survived Meena's murder attempt, Andrea Tate (Anna Nightingale), who witnessed Meena's killer actions, wasn't so lucky, as she perished in the burning maize maze while trying to escape from Meena.

Although Meena won't let him go easily, it appears that David is keen to move on with Victoria ? leaving Meena free to secure a new victim.

Emmerdale's executive producer, Jane Hudson, has given some hints to Inside Soap about what's coming next for scheming Meena, teasing that the drama is far from over.

"With David having now chosen Victoria, Meena sets her sights on another of our villagers, but will she lure him into her web?" she said. "And when someone comes close to finding out what happened during adventure week, Meena has to take drastic action."

Fans have already seen that Ben Tucker (Simon Lennon) has CCTV footage on his laptop of Meena trying to drown Victoria, although he is currently unaware that the incriminating video exists. But if Meena finds out about it, Ben could well end up in the firing line.

The identity of Meena's new mystery man is currently under wraps, but whoever it is had better watch their back...

lizann
26-10-2021, 18:58
Billy Al Ellis or MacKenzie?

lizann
26-10-2021, 19:37
surely not Jacob

johntrevor
27-10-2021, 11:42
It could quite likely be Jacob seeing as he seems to think she's the best thing since sliced bread. What better way to get back at David than by setting her sights on his son.

Perdita
27-10-2021, 11:48
Billy Al Ellis or MacKenzie?

Billy, I think ..

lizann
18-11-2021, 21:31
the nut job nurse even offered fingerprints, stupid copper

tammyy2j
26-11-2021, 00:45
Meena is a very lucky serial killer

Perdita
26-11-2021, 10:23
Meena is a very lucky serial killer

While there are some serial killers that never got caught (Jack the Ripper and no doubt others) I do hope that this was the last one and that she gets found out. I hope it is Dawn that pays more attention to what she says and does and then gets back with Billy :D

alan45
26-11-2021, 10:57
While there are some serial killers that never got caught (Jack the Ripper and no doubt others) I do hope that this was the last one and that she gets found out. I hope it is Dawn that pays more attention to what she says and does and then gets back with Billy :D

Sadly I don't think poor Ben will be the last one.

Dennis tanner
26-11-2021, 18:31
Will Billy remember that Meena was showing a lot of interest in the phone call he had from Ben......Probably not

lizann
26-11-2021, 23:32
no one copes how weird and strange she acts

Dennis tanner
27-11-2021, 00:16
no one copes how weird and strange she acts

Only Daft David would want her or an actual girlfriend

johntrevor
27-11-2021, 14:18
Dawn next for Meena?

Perdita
27-11-2021, 17:57
Dawn next for Meena?

I am sure Dawn will be on Meena's radar but hopefully 3 murders in a village within 3 months are enough for producers and scriptwriters and Meena will be found out to be the murderer in the Christmas storyline line.. And I will continue to watch Emmerdale even if it is not going to happen... so many online posts saying they will never watch Emmerdale again ... not me, kissed EastEnders goodbye some years ago .. think I will give Emmerdale a bit longer and cannot see me not watching no more Corries until my last day :nono: :D

lizann
27-11-2021, 19:50
Dawn next for Meena?

dawn and billy can see how ott meena is

johntrevor
28-11-2021, 11:32
Well yes they can, and so can Amy, David Victoria and even Manpreet, but still she gets away with it. Lets hope she gets her comeuppance while there are still a few villagers left

Dennis tanner
28-11-2021, 22:03
Well yes they can, and so can Amy, David Victoria and even Manpreet, but still she gets away with it. Lets hope she gets her comeuppance while there are still a few villagers left

I blame Manpreet for giving her a 'job' and keeping her in the village.

lizann
29-11-2021, 19:45
now she has a dog

johntrevor
30-11-2021, 12:36
According to spoilers out today, It looks like it's a toss up between Dawn and Billy over who Meena bumps of next. Well at least It's not her new dog. This is really getting silly now. should be renamed "Carry on Emmerdale".

alan45
30-11-2021, 14:20
I am sure Dawn will be on Meena's radar but hopefully 3 murders in a village within 3 months are enough for producers and scriptwriters and Meena will be found out to be the murderer in the Christmas storyline line.. And I will continue to watch Emmerdale even if it is not going to happen... so many online posts saying they will never watch Emmerdale again ... not me, kissed EastEnders goodbye some years ago .. think I will give Emmerdale a bit longer and cannot see me not watching no more Corries until my last day :nono: :D

You have more patience than me over this Meena storyline. Im finding it tedious now. Its totally over the top. I will of course keep watching in the hope it comes to a swift conclusion.

lizann
30-11-2021, 17:08
According to spoilers out today, It looks like it's a toss up between Dawn and Billy over who Meena bumps of next. Well at least It's not her new dog. This is really getting silly now. should be renamed "Carry on Emmerdale".

can she kill manpreet and wendy

Dennis tanner
30-11-2021, 19:54

or Carry on Killing

johntrevor
01-12-2021, 12:23
or Carry on Killing

Yes that's a better idea.

alan45
02-12-2021, 23:48
She really is becoming like a pantomime villain?

lizann
03-12-2021, 00:12
She really is becoming like a pantomime villain?

worse than even one of them

alan45
04-12-2021, 00:30
worse than even one of them

Oh yes she is!!!!!!!!!!

lizann
07-12-2021, 19:20
so sister manpreet next victim?

alan45
09-12-2021, 00:08
Has Meena any redeeming features?

Her character is really getting to me now with her OTT acting. Surely she cannot go on much longer.

Dennis tanner
09-12-2021, 00:42
Has Meena any redeeming features?

Her character is really getting to me now with her OTT acting. Surely she cannot go on much longer.

I would prefere a question on sport

alan45
09-12-2021, 11:31
I would prefere a question on sport

Who won the last Cricket Match between Emmerdale and Hotton?

Dennis tanner
09-12-2021, 21:27
Who won the last Cricket Match between Emmerdale and Hotton?

Never been one as Emmerdale have never had a proper team

alan45
22-12-2021, 15:37
EMMERDALE serial killer Meena Jutla will take her sister Manpreet Sharma captive in horrifying scenes this Christmas.

The nurse - who is played by actress Paige Sandhu in the ITV soap - will have her killings discovered by her sister Manpreet and take action to stop her exposing them.

Will Manpreet survive her sister's fury?
Will Manpreet survive her sister's fury?Credit: ITV
New spoiler pictures show Manpreet shackled to a bed as Meena controls her.
Actress Rebecca Sarker - who plays Manpreet - explained, ?Meena is capable of anything - I get asked, ?Is she capable of killing her sister??

?They do love each other, so Meena is capable of anything, let?s be clear, and I can exclusively reveal that Manpreet is definitely in danger because she just gets too close to the truth.?

But with Manpreet tied to a bed with Meena looking on and controlling her every move, actress Rebecca Sarker has teased the danger Manpreet is in.

?Is Manpreet alright?? asked a concerned Andi on Lorraine today.

?No, she?s not, ? said Rebecca.

?Meena, bless her, she makes Kathy Bates in Misery look like Florence Nightingale.

?It?s an absolute disaster for Manpreet. She?s taken hostage, she?s kidnapped, and she?s put in some very odd positions.

johntrevor
26-12-2021, 11:09
Please don't say that The Woolpack explosion is the end of Meena. Is she finally escaping justice for her catalogue of murders??
And Manpreet certainly doesn't deserve to die either.

Perdita
26-12-2021, 11:16
Please don't say that The Woolpack explosion is the end of Meena. Is she finally escaping justice for her catalogue of murders??
And Manpreet certainly doesn't deserve to die either.

Meena is going to take Manpreet hostage so they both survived

johntrevor
26-12-2021, 11:41

Yes Sorry I did know that, got carried away, to much Christmas "celebrating" i guess. Lol

alan45
26-12-2021, 11:58
I watched todays episode on the ITV Hub and without wanting to spoil it for the rest of you I will just say that the Pantomime Villain that is Meena plumbs new depths of mediocrity. Her character is way OTT. The storyline is getting completely nonsense and totally unbelievable even for Emmerdale or indeed any soap.

johntrevor
26-12-2021, 12:22
I watched todays episode on the ITV Hub and without wanting to spoil it for the rest of you I will just say that the Pantomime Villain that is Meena plumbs new depths of mediocrity. Her character is way OTT. The storyline is getting completely nonsense and totally unbelievable even for Emmerdale or indeed any soap.

I've not seen todays episode yet, but totally agree with your comments. What started out as interesting has descended into total farcical unbelievable rubbish. Surely any small village of people would have by now worked out that something was very wrong with all the so called "unexplained " murders.

Dennis tanner
26-12-2021, 20:32
I've not seen todays episode yet, but totally agree with your comments. What started out as interesting has descended into total farcical unbelievable rubbish. Surely any small village of people would have by now worked out that something was very wrong with all the so called "unexplained " murders.

They always go OTT rather than attempting to write something new.

Meena said she was pregnant and everyone assumed she was telling the truth even though they all regard her as weird.

alan45
27-12-2021, 00:26

Even on twitter the Emmerdale fans are all getting fed up with storyline. The term flogging a dead horse springs to mind

lizann
27-12-2021, 10:32

hostage in the b&b?

johntrevor
01-01-2022, 12:44
Police in the village next week looking for "missing" Manpreet. Meena is seen loading a suspicious body sized bag into her car after adding a pair of Manpreet's earrings to her box of !mementoes" of the people she has killed. Vinny is suspicious and follows her. Meena spots him in the rear view mirror and smiles to herself. Will he be her next victim.

lizann
01-01-2022, 15:09
Police in the village next week looking for "missing" Manpreet. Meena is seen loading a suspicious body sized bag into her car after adding a pair of Manpreet's earrings to her box of !mementoes" of the people she has killed. Vinny is suspicious and follows her. Meena spots him in the rear view mirror and smiles to herself. Will he be her next victim.

or frame him

alan45
01-01-2022, 16:30

Sadly I really couldn't care any more

lizann
01-01-2022, 17:46
Sadly I really couldn't care any more

it's so silly and long

Dennis tanner
01-01-2022, 20:56
it's so silly and long

and annoying. Everyone appears to be annoyed

alan45
01-01-2022, 21:21
and annoying. Everyone appears to be annoyed

Yes the vast majority on twitter are saying that now too. It started off ok but she has gone completely OTT. Her character is a cross between Dick Dastardly and Lizzie Borden

lizann
13-01-2022, 18:16
is tonight finally her end

Perdita
13-01-2022, 18:20
is tonight finally her end

No, will be a bit longer yet

Snagglepus
13-01-2022, 22:12
No, will be a bit longer yet
Once her picture is circulated on facebook they will soon track her down.

alan45
13-01-2022, 23:33
Where was the Police Helicopter - It's normal for someone hiding in the woods especially a mass murderer.

I hope the lorry driver has a crash en route to Glasgow. Surely they would not dream of bringing her back at some time in the future although Emmerdale has form for it!!!

Dennis tanner
13-01-2022, 23:40
Where was the Police Helicopter - It's normal for someone hiding in the woods especially a mass murderer.

I hope the lorry driver has a crash en route to Glasgow. Surely they would not dream of bringing her back at some time in the future although Emmerdale has form for it!!!

Perhaps the lorry driver is a serial killer ???

lizann
14-01-2022, 10:34
im guessing with vic and david back she'll be back, end it with them involved

Perdita
14-01-2022, 11:25
im guessing with vic and david back she'll be back, end it with them involved

In October it is the 50th anniversary of Emmerdale .. could she be involved in that?

johntrevor
14-01-2022, 11:49
In October it is the 50th anniversary of Emmerdale .. could she be involved in that?

Emmerdale producers have said that Meena will get her comeuppance this year. Surely no place to hide once the stories of the murders hit the media.

Snagglepus
14-01-2022, 12:23
Emmerdale producers have said that Meena will get her comeuppance this year. Surely no place to hide once the stories of the murders hit the media.
They are never off social media in Emmerdale, this will be viral on Facebook.

johntrevor
14-01-2022, 12:59
"Judgement Day for Meena won't play out quite as you expect and it will have a lasting effect on quite a few of our villagers. I think within the next few months Meena will get what's coming to her."

This means we haven't seen the last of Meena, but seems to suggest that she'll have to pay for her crimes at some stage, which is good news for those who like to see justice served in Soapland.

Perdita
14-01-2022, 16:23
Dawn and Billy are meant to get married on Valentine's Day .. cannot see Meena waiting until October so maybe then it is when disaster strikes ... one way or another..??

lizann
14-01-2022, 19:51
she'll return and be bumped off with who done it

Dennis tanner
14-01-2022, 23:41
"Judgement Day for Meena won't play out quite as you expect and it will have a lasting effect on quite a few of our villagers. I think within the next few months Meena will get what's coming to her."

This means we haven't seen the last of Meena, but seems to suggest that she'll have to pay for her crimes at some stage, which is good news for those who like to see justice served in Soapland.

You are making me wait Producer. That is NOT good news.

johntrevor
15-01-2022, 13:23
she'll return and be bumped off with who done it

She needs to confess all her crimes to the authorities first, don't forget Liv is still in jail for Ben's murder.

Perdita
16-01-2022, 04:34
You are making me wait Producer. That is NOT good news.

Emmerdale has its 50th anniversary in October.. maybe she will be involved in that storyline...

johntrevor
16-01-2022, 13:18
Emmerdale has its 50th anniversary in October.. maybe she will be involved in that storyline...

MEENA'S COMEUPPANCE

Meena will get her just desserts this year

Emmerdale boss Jane Hudson has promised Meena Jutla will get her comeuppance this year.

She said: Judgement Day for Meena is coming. Where she will get away with murder or not, you'll have to wait to find out.

There are still some more twists and turns to be had and some you won't see coming but I think we're all agreed that Meena can do pretty much anything.

Judgement day is coming; it won't play out quite as you expect and it will have a lasting effect on quite a few of our villagers.

I think within the next few months Meena will get what's coming to her..

Dennis tanner
16-01-2022, 21:27
MEENA'S COMEUPPANCE

Meena will get her just desserts this year

Emmerdale boss Jane Hudson has promised Meena Jutla will get her comeuppance this year.

She said: Judgement Day for Meena is coming. Where she will get away with murder or not, you'll have to wait to find out.

There are still some more twists and turns to be had and some you won't see coming but I think we're all agreed that Meena can do pretty much anything.

Judgement day is coming; it won't play out quite as you expect and it will have a lasting effect on quite a few of our villagers.

I think within the next few months Meena will get what's coming to her..

I do not wish to wait that long. It's annoying me even though she is not on screen.

Snagglepus
16-01-2022, 22:09
I do not wish to wait that long. It's annoying me even though she is not on screen.

I am just glad we won't be seeing her for a while, and when the end eventually comes you can bet it will be more crap.

alan45
16-01-2022, 23:38
Why doesn't she commit an act of accidental self immolation in the middle of the village and the only two doctors able to save her are Liam and Manpreet

johntrevor
18-01-2022, 12:37
Billy wants to marry Dawn as quickly as is possible, and the bride-to- be is so excited that she ends up posting a Save the Date announcement on her socials.

But as they plan their future, the pair are ignorant of the fact that, in a park, Meena is seething at the sight of Dawn?s update. And it seems that the notorious killer has revenge very much on her mind.

alan45
18-01-2022, 14:59
Billy wants to marry Dawn as quickly as is possible, and the bride-to- be is so excited that she ends up posting a Save the Date announcement on her socials.

But as they plan their future, the pair are ignorant of the fact that, in a park, Meena is seething at the sight of Dawn?s update. And it seems that the notorious killer has revenge very much on her mind.

Hopefully this is where she gets her comeuppance rather that having it dragged out until the 50th Anniversary

Dennis tanner
18-01-2022, 15:35
Hopefully this is where she gets her comeuppance rather that having it dragged out until the 50th Anniversary

Yes please

Perdita
19-01-2022, 16:28
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a38796164/emmerdale-spoilers-meena-billy-dawn-wedding/

Emmerdale has confirmed that Meena Jutla will have Billy Fletcher and Dawn Taylor's wedding in her sights next month.

Show bosses recently announced that Billy (Jay Kontzle) and Dawn (Olivia Bromley) will arrange to tie the knot on Valentine's Day.

Unfortunately, the big day could go horribly wrong after serial killer Meena (Paige Sandhu) finds out what they have planned.

In next week's episodes, Billy seeks out Dawn following a recent argument between them.

Billy makes amends with Dawn and announces that he wants to marry her as soon as possible.

Dawn is thrilled and posts a 'save the date' announcement on her social media.

The couple are blissfully happy about their future, unaware that someone sinister is monitoring Dawn's social pages.

Sitting in a park somewhere, Meena seethes at the sight of Dawn's happy announcement.

It's clear that Meena is hell-bent on getting revenge, setting the stage for high drama on the day.

Emmerdale's producer Laura Shaw recently teased: "We've already seen Billy and Dawn get engaged on screen and I don't think I'm giving too much away by telling you that their wedding is definitely going to happen this year.

"It does happen on the most romantic day of the year ? Valentine's Day ? so there's not too long to wait for their wedding.

"But will it all go to plan? Is it going to be happy-ever-after for these two or will disaster strike? I suspect it's probably going to be the latter."

How is Meena surviving at the moment? She did not seem to have cash on her when she left suddenly... :hmm: But lets hope that this is the last we see of her and she will not be killed off but for once gets to face a jury and judge...

Snagglepus
19-01-2022, 16:40
How is Meena surviving at the moment? She did not seem to have cash on her when she left suddenly... :hmm: But lets hope that this is the last we see of her and she will not be killed off but for once gets to face a jury and judge...

She was back on her feet quickly from that whack on the head from Liam that knocked her out. Then again she also recovered quickly from the Woolpack explosion.

johntrevor
20-01-2022, 12:17
How is Meena surviving at the moment? She did not seem to have cash on her when she left suddenly... :hmm: But lets hope that this is the last we see of her and she will not be killed off but for once gets to face a jury and judge...[/QUOTE]

Yes she should definitely face a judge and jury. All the turmoil that the villagers have gone through will be for nothing if she simply dies.

Dennis tanner
20-01-2022, 18:34
Yes she should definitely face a judge and jury. All the turmoil that the villagers have gone through will be for nothing if she simply dies.

I disagree. Her victims never got to face a jury and a judge.

In any case I don't trust juries these days

lizann
20-01-2022, 20:26
online chatter meena will return really pregnant by liam

alan45
21-01-2022, 00:05
online chatter meena will return really pregnant by liam

Liam couldn't even raise a smile that night so I cannot see that- If she is its more likely to be Billy's

Dennis tanner
21-01-2022, 00:30
Liam couldn't even raise a smile that night so I cannot see that- If she is its more likely to be Billy's

Why would we believe anything she says ?

Perdita
21-01-2022, 05:00
Why would we believe anything she says ?

She admitted to not being pregnant when Liam told her he checked her records...

alan45
21-01-2022, 09:03
Meena Jutla (Paige Sandhu) is set to make a return to Emmerdale for one final revenge.
For the village residents, they think the ordeal with Meena is over, aware she is on the run and potentially in another country.

In recent weeks, Liam (Jonny McPherson) realised Meena had lied about her recent miscarriage.
As the ordeal continued, Liam managed to save Manpreet (Rebecca Sarker) and Vinny (Bradley Johnson), who were being held hostage by Meena.

For a while, it looked as though Liam would become Meena?s next victim, but the killer was interrupted by an arriving police officer.

Coming up, Liam and Jacob (Joe-Warren Plant) are told by DS Rogers there is a chance Meena has left the country.

Meanwhile, after everything they?ve been through, Billy (Jay Kontzle) tells Dawn (Olivia Bromley) they should get married as soon as possible.

The loved up couple start planning their wedding, unaware Meena is watching them, determined to get one final revenge ? on Dawn.

But what will Meena have planned?

Will Dawn be the final person she kills?

johntrevor
21-01-2022, 11:52
I disagree. Her victims never got to face a jury and a judge.

In any case I don't trust juries these days

??? Of course they didn't they were victims that died without warning, the very reason that SHE should face a trial.

Dennis tanner
21-01-2022, 21:03
??? Of course they didn't they were victims that died without warning, the very reason that SHE should face a trial.

My point is that I do not trust Emmerdale juries. Thery never get it right.

lizann
22-01-2022, 01:36
She admitted to not being pregnant when Liam told her he checked her records...

she might not know she was when in hospital from the explosion hence no pregnancy notes on file, anything can happen in the dales especially with meena and her storyline

Perdita
22-01-2022, 05:27
she might not know she was when in hospital from the explosion hence no pregnancy notes on file, anything can happen in the dales especially with meena and her storyline

She made up the pregnancy to keep Billy and she admitted to Liam that nothing happened when he slept in her bed... she was not pregnant ever

johntrevor
22-01-2022, 13:16
My point is that I do not trust Emmerdale juries. Thery never get it right.

I don't think even Perry Mason could get her out of this, and all the complaints made to Emmerdale about her storyline will surely ensure they will eventually HAVE to find her guilty of the murder of 3 Emmerdale characters and 2 attempted murders of Manpreet and Vinny, and if the camera turns up, the attempted murder of Victoria. Then there is the trinket box of things taken from her victims. Emmerdale keep making a point of showing viewers that, so surely it will turn up at some point.
Sounds pretty much like a slam dunk to me, even for Emmerdale.

Perdita
22-01-2022, 16:22
I don't think even Perry Mason could get her out of this, and all the complaints made to Emmerdale about her storyline will surely ensure they will eventually HAVE to find her guilty of the murder of 3 Emmerdale characters and 2 attempted murders of Manpreet and Vinny, and if the camera turns up, the attempted murder of Victoria. Then there is the trinket box of things taken from her victims. Emmerdale keep making a point of showing viewers that, so surely it will turn up at some point.
Sounds pretty much like a slam dunk to me, even for Emmerdale.

I would agree with you .. however, soapland likes to kill off bad ones rather than have them face a judge and jury unless they are convicted on false evidence :rolleyes:

Perdita
22-01-2022, 17:11
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a38846559/emmerdale-spoilers-meena-loose-end-resolved/

Emmerdale has resolved a loose end from Meena's ongoing storyline.

The serial killer is currently on the run from the law, after having all of her crimes exposed by Liam Cavanagh during a violent confrontation.

The aftermath of Meena fleeing has caused chaos in the village, as her sister Manpreet was accidentally struck by a car driven by Charles as he was desperately trying to save her.

Charles was reluctant to come clean to Manpreet over the accident, though love rival Rishi did find out the truth as Manpreet made her recovery in hospital.

In Friday's episode (January 21), Charles decided he couldn't live with such a terrible secret on his conscience so he finally confessed he is responsible for accidentally running down her down.

Charles also apologised to Manpreet for not believing her weeks ago, when she tried to tell him Meena was responsible for sending the fake texts to Ethan pretending to be his mum.

"I couldn't bear it. After everything she did, and knowing you got run over and knowing why," he confessed. "I was worried when you disappeared. I knew something wasn't right? I just panicked.

"She had everyone fooled. I needed to find you. I thought you were in danger, and I didn't see you."

As he apologised, Manpreet cut him off: "No, Charles. Hey, you don't need to be sorry. Put it this way: if you hadn't run me over, Meena would have got to me and I'd be dead anyway."

Manpreet understood it was just an accident and thanked him for "looking out for [her] ever since". She also told the vicar that him staying at her bedside "means everything".

Manpreet also finally had some closure with ex-husband Rishi, who visited her at her bedside to tell her how Charles had been praying for her every step of the way.

"You're very lucky to have him, and I thought you should know it," a heartbroken Rishi told her.

Emmerdale airs on weeknights at 7pm on ITV, with

lizann
22-01-2022, 18:11
did charles tell the police he hit manpreet with his car

Dennis tanner
22-01-2022, 18:21
did charles tell the police he hit manpreet with his car

More to the point, has Charles done any vicaring these last few weeks ?

johntrevor
23-01-2022, 11:14
I would agree with you .. however, soapland likes to kill off bad ones rather than have them face a judge and jury unless they are convicted on false evidence :rolleyes:

Yes you have a point, and if it's left to the Emmerdale police Meena will probably end up living in a flat above the police station and eating in their canteen. I just hope that in this case she really does face the full force of the law, and is found guilty, before tripping up falling down the steps of the dock, and breaking her evil neck.

Perdita
08-02-2022, 10:52
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a39006007/emmerdale-spoilers-meena-jutla-plot-possible-death/

Emmerdale has revealed the full details of Meena Jutla's shocking new revenge plan.

Meena (Paige Sandhu) is returning to the village for another dramatic storyline as she cruelly targets Billy Fletcher and Dawn Taylor on their wedding day.

The serial killer is determined to ruin things for her ex-boyfriend Billy after seeing a "save the date" for their Valentine's Day ceremony on social media.

Next week, Dawn (Olivia Bromley) heads down the aisle and marries Billy (Jay Kontzle) in a romantic ceremony at the church.

Everyone is pleased to see how happy Dawn and Billy are ? and there's no Meena in sight to ruin things for them. So far?

Later, the guests make their way to Home Farm for the wedding reception, ready to continue the celebrations.

Sadly, everyone is left baffled when Dawn and Billy are suddenly nowhere to be seen thanks to Meena, who has taken them by surprise.

Viewers will see that Meena is holding Dawn and Billy at gunpoint at a remote viaduct.

Playing a horrific game, Meena warns Billy that he has to choose between saving Dawn or himself.

Meena threatens to kill both of them if Billy refuses to make a decision. Billy is well aware that Meena will follow through with her warnings.

Billy assures Dawn that he'd always take a bullet for her, which prompts Meena to point the gun and fire.

Someone is shot, but who? Has Meena respected Billy's decision or carried out the opposite of his wishes?

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Monday, February 14 and Tuesday, February 15 at 7pm on ITV.

johntrevor
08-02-2022, 12:21
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a39006007/emmerdale-spoilers-meena-jutla-plot-possible-death/

Emmerdale has revealed the full details of Meena Jutla's shocking new revenge plan.

Meena (Paige Sandhu) is returning to the village for another dramatic storyline as she cruelly targets Billy Fletcher and Dawn Taylor on their wedding day.

The serial killer is determined to ruin things for her ex-boyfriend Billy after seeing a "save the date" for their Valentine's Day ceremony on social media.

Next week, Dawn (Olivia Bromley) heads down the aisle and marries Billy (Jay Kontzle) in a romantic ceremony at the church.

Everyone is pleased to see how happy Dawn and Billy are ? and there's no Meena in sight to ruin things for them. So far?

Later, the guests make their way to Home Farm for the wedding reception, ready to continue the celebrations.

Sadly, everyone is left baffled when Dawn and Billy are suddenly nowhere to be seen thanks to Meena, who has taken them by surprise.

Viewers will see that Meena is holding Dawn and Billy at gunpoint at a remote viaduct.

Playing a horrific game, Meena warns Billy that he has to choose between saving Dawn or himself.

Meena threatens to kill both of them if Billy refuses to make a decision. Billy is well aware that Meena will follow through with her warnings.

Billy assures Dawn that he'd always take a bullet for her, which prompts Meena to point the gun and fire.

Someone is shot, but who? Has Meena respected Billy's decision or carried out the opposite of his wishes?

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Monday, February 14 and Tuesday, February 15 at 7pm on ITV.

Meena seems to blame Dawn more than Billy so probably Dawn has been shot. Hope she misses and Billy overpowers her, hammers her, and drags her by the hair down to the police station. but it's Emmerdale so that won't happen.

lizann
08-02-2022, 20:54
dawn or billy probably shots kills meena but would prefer her in prison

she not after david and victoria anymore?

Dennis tanner
08-02-2022, 21:24

I don't want to see her in prison. I don't want a quick painless death either

alan45
08-02-2022, 23:55
Meena seems to blame Dawn more than Billy so probably Dawn has been shot. Hope she misses and Billy overpowers her, hammers her, and drags her by the hair down to the police station. but it's Emmerdale so that won't happen.

I don't want to see her in prison. I don't want a quick painless death either

I would like to see Al coming to the rescue and receive a fatal wound

lizann
08-02-2022, 23:56

with kerry and priya with him

Dennis tanner
09-02-2022, 00:59

I'll buy that.

johntrevor
09-02-2022, 11:47

Totally agree. Full term life sentence in solitary.

Dennis tanner
09-02-2022, 19:26
Totally agree. Full term life sentence in solitary.

How could we trust Hotton prison to keep her there.?

Perdita
09-02-2022, 19:54
How could we trust Hotton prison to keep her there.?

I think she would be placed into a secure unit of a mental health facility rather than the usual jail?

Dennis tanner
09-02-2022, 22:21
I think she would be placed into a secure unit of a mental health facility rather than the usual jail?

Sorry. I just don't trust them. She could just use her powers of invisibility and walk out.

alan45
10-02-2022, 00:34
The problem with any character being sent to prison is that the scriptwriters can resurrect them is they need an explosive new storyline to rock the Dales/Square/Street*

*delete where appropriate

Dennis tanner
10-02-2022, 03:08
The problem with any character being sent to prison is that the scriptwriters can resurrect them is they need an explosive new storyline to rock the Dales/Square/Street*

*delete where appropriate

Like Stacey Slater and Tracy Barlow

Dennis tanner
18-02-2022, 04:13
Did Meena feel real fear as she went flying over that bridge?

I really hope so.

Perdita
18-02-2022, 10:18
Did Meena feel real fear as she went flying over that bridge?

I really hope so.

Doubt it, probably too surprised and landed before she knew what was happening... : :hmm:

Dennis tanner
18-02-2022, 21:41
Doubt it, probably too surprised and landed before she knew what was happening... : :hmm:

Disappointing,

lizann
18-02-2022, 22:02
she should be arrested detained for what she did to leyla dawn and harriet

Dennis tanner
18-02-2022, 22:54
she should be arrested detained for what she did to leyla dawn and harriet

But according to Meena, it's only their word against hers

lizann
18-02-2022, 23:21
But according to Meena, it's only their word against hers

so who do they think shot leyla, harriet a copper again would be believed

Dennis tanner
18-02-2022, 23:25
so who do they think shot leyla, harriet a copper again would be believed

I think her best defence is one of insanity

Snagglepus
19-02-2022, 00:06
I think her best defence is one of insanity

Stupidity would be more like it.

johntrevor
19-02-2022, 12:45
Stupidity would be more like it.

So what happened to Meena's mobile, she showed Liam a picture of a dead Leanna after she had pushed her off the bridge, so where is it, we know she had it on her. According to The Sun magazine the trinket box is unearthed again next week when Liam is working on his allotment and is with his new "best mate" Cain.

johntrevor
25-02-2022, 12:12
Meena (Paige Sandhu) could be taunting another villager from behind bars.

The serial killer is surprised that her sister Manpreet has decided to pay her a visit.

But Manpreet is far from willing to make amends with the murderer as she's only looking for a confession from the unhinged criminal.

Dennis tanner
25-02-2022, 16:18
Meena (Paige Sandhu) could be taunting another villager from behind bars.

The serial killer is surprised that her sister Manpreet has decided to pay her a visit.

But Manpreet is far from willing to make amends with the murderer as she's only looking for a confession from the unhinged criminal. No chance of that

Perdita
25-02-2022, 17:15
No chance of that

Oh I can imagine Meena admitting it all .. no witness though, Manpreet's word against Meena's...

Dennis tanner
25-02-2022, 23:23
Oh I can imagine Meena admitting it all .. no witness though, Manpreet's word against Meena's...

Charles hasn't got a clue. He should tell Meena that when the Police have told him that she has made a FULL confession, he will come back and talk about repentance and forgiveness.

johntrevor
26-02-2022, 12:49
Charles hasn't got a clue. He should tell Meena that when the Police have told him that she has made a FULL confession, he will come back and talk about repentance and forgiveness.

No chance of that either Meena doesn't repentance. In her evil eyes she just did what needed to be done.

Dennis tanner
26-02-2022, 13:59
No chance of that either Meena doesn't repentance. In her evil eyes she just did what needed to be done.

I agree so my suggestion would save him all his angst

johntrevor
14-04-2022, 12:39
Paige Sandhu dropped her 'Emmerdale' script and gasped in shock when she read about her character's big finale.
When speaking about Meena's big finale on Thursday night, she said: "I always imagined it would go a certain way, but it's so much better than that. It's just so dramatic and there's one thing that's going to come out tonight where I actually dropped my script [and gasped] 'I can't believe it.'

"This is a big, big secret that I think the audience will love and be really exciting and just adds another dimension to Meena, Meena's relationship with her sister and the whole storyline."

lizann
14-04-2022, 15:37
killed her parents?

Dennis tanner
14-04-2022, 20:32
Paige Sandhu dropped her 'Emmerdale' script and gasped in shock when she read about her character's big finale.
When speaking about Meena's big finale on Thursday night, she said: "I always imagined it would go a certain way, but it's so much better than that. It's just so dramatic and there's one thing that's going to come out tonight where I actually dropped my script [and gasped] 'I can't believe it.'

"This is a big, big secret that I think the audience will love and be really exciting and just adds another dimension to Meena, Meena's relationship with her sister and the whole storyline."
Sorry Ms Sandhu. I didn't love it. I loathed everything about Meena

LizzyBizzy
14-04-2022, 22:19
Each their own. I thought she was great, in the tradition of OTT villains.

Dennis tanner
14-04-2022, 22:23

I have never approved of murderers. Please note that I am attacking the character and not the actress.

johntrevor
15-04-2022, 12:39
killed her parents?

Good shout she admitted to Manpreet that she killed her dad

johntrevor
15-04-2022, 12:40

Me too

lizann
15-04-2022, 15:57
Sorry Ms Sandhu. I didn't love it. I loathed everything about Meena

same, good panto actress

johntrevor
16-04-2022, 12:44
Me too

Still more to come according to next weeks Sun mag.

"Following her dramatic trial, Meena is unsettled that no one has turned up for her sentencing, but she's soon left smiling when she spots Manpreet. However the serial killer's joy turns to shock when the judge announces her jail term"

Perdita
16-04-2022, 17:51
I did not expect to see the last of her until her sentence is announced and knew there would be more drama. I hope Ian is ok .. :D

Dennis tanner
16-04-2022, 19:07
I did not expect to see the last of her until her sentence is announced and knew there would be more drama. I hope Ian is ok .. :D

Ian is on bail for assisting an offender and visiting Hotten Job Centre.

lizann
16-04-2022, 19:56

is the 50th storyline her escape and terrorising the villagers

Perdita
17-04-2022, 03:51
is the 50th storyline her escape and terrorising the villagers

Interesting concept ...

johntrevor
17-04-2022, 13:46
Interesting concept ...

Paige Sandhu has promised that Emmerdale viewers will get a "really satisfying" ending to the Meena saga when her final scenes air next week.

Fans saw the serial killer brought to justice last week when she was found guilty and eventually captured after a final attempt to make a violent escape.
Sandhu told Digital Spy that Meena is "thrown off" when she arrives for her sentencing and finds that her usual audience is not there to witness it.

She added: "Meena is also really delusional. After everything that she's done, even taking hold of the court and adding more crimes to her long list, she still thinks that she's going to get away with everything and only get sent down for a couple of years.

"That's the number she has in her head and then that doesn't happen. She completely loses it."

Sandhu said she believes that a lengthy prison sentence would be "worse than death" for Meena, who would have loved to be remembered as "the greatest mastermind villain that the world has ever seen".

She added: "I think it's going to be really satisfying for the audience ? particularly the people who really hate Meena ? to see this ending.

"It is justice and there was a line written on Meena's last scene. The writer had written 'ding dong, the witch is finally gone' and I think that sums it up very well."

Sandhu revealed in her chat with Digital Spy that she has already lined up her next acting gig and is due to start filming on something soon.

The star also confessed she "loves baddies" and would relish the opportunity to get her teeth into another villainous role.

She said: "I just want to continue playing characters that are wildly different than me, where you can have a lot of fun, the roles are really challenging and fulfilling, and it doesn't really matter whether they are a goodie or a baddie.

"Just as long as I feel connected to them, I can have fun, it's challenging and it's written really well and the storyline is amazing."

Snagglepus
17-04-2022, 15:54
Paige Sandhu - 'it's written really well and the storyline is amazing.'

This is not Emmerdale we're talking about here is it?

johntrevor
13-06-2022, 12:12
Paige Sandhu would love to return to 'Emmerdale.'

The 25-year-old actress - who bowed out of her role as murderess Meena Jutla back in April 2022 and won the Best Leading Performer at the British Soap Awards on Saturday (11.06.22) - teased that "anything could happen" when the show reaches its 50th anniversary in October and admitted that she would definitely go back.

She said: "I definitely feel like anything could happen for the 50th. It's Emmerdale after all. We're going to go big. Of course [I'd go back] The people who work there are so great, they're so warm and I love the characters!"

However, the soap star - whose character was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murders of Leanna Cavanagh, Andrea Tate, and Ben Tucker - claimed that any return would be anything but a "redemption" storyline as she labelled Meena as a "psychopath."

She told Radiotimes.com: "She's bad. There's no redemption for her! She's a psychopath, but I think we can love her for that. I mean I definitely want to carry on doing stories with Rebecca Sarker, who plays [her sister] Manpreet because she's such a great actress and we have such fun together. So anything with her I'd be up for!

"Working with Rebecca was fun because as an actress you don't just want to play one note. You want to play the multitude of notes that there are, and Meena loves Manpreet, but also hates her and takes revenge against her, and I think it's very satisfying as an actress to be able to do that."