PDA

View Full Version : Server update

Meh
24-07-2020, 01:52
I've been forced into a server update. Everything looks ok, but any issues, drop a message in this thread.

Perdita
24-07-2020, 05:46
Still no shoutbox :(

Meh
24-07-2020, 09:15
Still no shoutbox :(

i'm going to try and fix it in the next few days

lizann
24-07-2020, 13:47
good luck mate

Perdita
26-07-2020, 11:50
No opportunity to have BOLD or ITALIC etc any longer

Meh
14-08-2020, 09:56
No opporunity to have BOLD or ITALIC etc any longerI'll try to fix that as well

Meh
14-08-2020, 10:01
Theres been a hack attack on the server.I've restricted which countries can view the forums and where people can sign up from.Seriously, do people not have better thing to do than attack servers? Most attacks seem to be coming from Russia, China and the Ukraine. Surprisingly France as well.If you're from France then you might find you have to go through additional security

Perdita
14-08-2020, 10:31
Theres been a hack attack on the server.I've restricted which countries can view the forums and where people can sign up from.Seriously, do people not have better thing to do than attack servers? Most attacks seem to be coming from Russia, China and the Ukraine. Surprisingly France as well.If you're from France then you might find you have to go through additional security

I do not suppose you know what else is on that server as hacking an online soap opera forum seems unlikely ??? Sorry for all your troubles, good luck with getting things sorted and thank you for all you do

parkerman
14-08-2020, 13:05
I do not suppose you know what else is on that server as hacking an online soap opera forum seems unlikely ??? Sorry for all your troubles, good luck with getting things sorted and thank you for all you do
Hear hear.

Meh
14-08-2020, 14:35
I do not suppose you know what else is on that server as hacking an online soap opera forum seems unlikely ??? Sorry for all your troubles, good luck with getting things sorted and thank you for all you doThanks Perdita They aren't bothered about the forum . What they want to do is exploit any vulnerabilities so they can send spam email out

parkerman
14-08-2020, 23:04
I've just come across a couple of problems, meh.

1. The emojis seem to have disappeared.
2. Whenever I type a pound sign, it comes out as a question mark

Pantherboy
14-08-2020, 23:21

Hi Meh. I am from Australia & I just had to go thru the security check to get to soapboards. When I had to identify 'which boxes contain bicycles', to prove I am human, some of the pictures were either too obscure or too small to make out what was actually in the picture, so I had to guess & it took a few goes to get it correct. For a while I thought I was going to get locked out & not able to get to the website at all. Not sure if I want to be going thru this process every time I want to login. Sorry, just rather frustrated!

Perdita
15-08-2020, 04:08
Hi Meh. I am from Australia & I just had to go thru the security check to get to soapboards. When I had to identify 'which boxes contain bicycles', to prove I am human, some of the pictures were either too obscure or too small to make out what was actually in the picture, so I had to guess & it took a few goes to get it correct. For a while I thought I was going to get locked out & not able to get to the website at all. Not sure if I want to be going thru this process every time I want to login. Sorry, just rather frustrated!

Same for me, took 2 attempts for me ..