PDA

View Full Version : slimming world

chance
24-07-2005, 20:34
the plan
As part of its food optimising system, Slimming World has designed two eating plans - Green Days and Original Days (often referred to as Red Days). On Green Days you can pick from a huge number of free foods including pasta, rice, potatoes, fruit, veg, beans and pulses. These can be mixed and matched with 'healthy extras' such as lean meat or fish. Original Days allow for a higher protein consumption and free foods include lean meat, fish and most fruit and vegetables. On top of this, other foods are given a 'syn' (synergy) rating and, depending on your goals, you are allowed a certain number of syns a day.
upside
It's a carb-aholics dream and the vast array of free foods means you should never feel hungry. There is no measuring of food in this plan. Once you hit your target weight you can continue attending the club's weekly classes for free as long as you stay within 3lbs either side of it.

downside
Though the plan claims its use of the word syns is a light-hearted way to banish guilt rather than encourage it we still think it is an unhealthy association - there is already enough guilt associated with food. Most people are allowed ten syns a day - a glass of wine is equivalent to five.

duration
Indefinite.

Debs
24-07-2005, 23:53
every one keeps telling me this is a good diet! i do weight watchers but think i may give it a go

crazygirl
05-10-2005, 10:20
i used to go to slimming world i lost 3 stone and then put it on again which makes me sad
but when i was there this woman had lost 6 stone now that is amazing

Luna
05-10-2005, 10:24
i love slimming world it really is the best and so easy to follow. Plus i am an extremly fussy eater so this is idea for me :D

RealityGap
05-10-2005, 10:28
I have done this diet before and it is a great diet for some people - but for me it was awful - too many carbs on green days - I have an insulin problem and too many carbs is not a good plan for me - also isnt easy if you are a veggie

Debs
05-10-2005, 11:06
I tried this diet just after i had connor and i didnt lose any wieght at all in fact i put on!

crazygirl
17-01-2006, 14:59
how many of you go to slimming world?

Angeltigger
17-01-2006, 15:03
I never went to slimming world but a family member went so that ment that i was eating what they eat- i lose the weight and the person who was trying to lose it and now i can not eat really fater food- but i really liked it

crazygirl
17-01-2006, 15:35
im going back tonight i have still got my old book so ive been following the diet for a week now but tonight is the night!! ive bought some water tablets today!!!

pookie1968uk
17-01-2006, 20:00
i did slimming world once and lost 2 stone, my husband lost 5 and a half stone!! we put it on again though. we both do the weight watchers diet at home (dont go) and much prefer it. slimming world is hard if you eat out or get invited out to someones or need to buy lunch out.

Chris_2k11
17-01-2006, 20:02
Lmao, the title of this thread reminds me of something Peter Kay said on one of his stand-up comedy dvd's :p

crazygirl
17-01-2006, 22:15
Lmao, the title of this thread reminds me of something Peter Kay said on one of his stand-up comedy dvd's :pyea was it when he was in bolton!! i saw it :lol:

Chris_2k11
17-01-2006, 22:46
yea was it when he was in bolton!! i saw it :lol:Yeah that's the one!! :D

'Any problems this week Joan?'

'Yeah! I can't poo!'

'Eww! Dirty bitch, Im eating a nutri-grain here!'

:rotfl: :sick: :rotfl:

crazygirl
17-01-2006, 23:41
yea it was dead funny i love peter kay though he's well funny

Behemoth
18-01-2006, 07:43
Stay ON TOPIC or this topic will be closed.

Chris_2k11
18-01-2006, 12:17
Apologies for getting this closed, it was my fault.

ELLIE_BEAN
18-01-2006, 12:26
I've tried weight watchers and slimming world. Slimming world has always worked the best for me out of the two and all the others i've tried. Though at the moment I'm not dieting as I'm pregnant but will probably go back to slimming world once i've had baby

Siobhan
18-01-2006, 13:01
I never heard of slimming world but the descripton looks like it would be impossible to follow.. I usually find weight watchers the better diet.. it makes your body get into good habits and it doesn't tell you not to eat any food, it just limits what you can eat by points

crazygirl
18-01-2006, 16:06
slimming world doesn't tell you not eat any food infact slimming world has lots of free food so you can eat quite freely! for example if you are on what they call a green day you can eat loads of baked beans has many jacket potaotos has you like stuff like that

nicole28
03-02-2006, 20:05
I really dont believe in weight watchers! I think that you shouldn't go on diets, just don't eat as much bad things as you did before!

crazygirl
04-02-2006, 13:36
I really dont believe in weight watchers! I think that you shouldn't go on diets, just don't eat as much bad things as you did before!so are you trying to say that people should stay fat and unhappy??

Abi
02-03-2006, 18:34
Some family friends of mine go to Slimming World. They've been doing it for just over a year, and have steadily lost weight. I think this diet isn't something you should do if you want to lose weight quickly, because it builds up, and helps you lose weight over a long time; so you keep it off. Its a good diet, all in all, it works well in the long run.

crazygirl
03-03-2006, 17:56
Some family friends of mine go to Slimming World. They've been doing it for just over a year, and have steadily lost weight. I think this diet isn't something you should do if you want to lose weight quickly, because it builds up, and helps you lose weight over a long time; so you keep it off. Its a good diet, all in all, it works well in the long run. these slimming clubs are designed to make you lose weight slow so it takes you longer to lose your weight so then they can make loads of money out of you

Abi
03-03-2006, 22:32
They dont go to a club, they get the magazine. And its designed to make you get the weight off, and keep it off, not just a thing that will last for a year and then you forget about. This diet is for life, and is manily about healthy eating.