PDA

View Full Version : Sharon's love for Den?!

littlemo
24-07-2005, 18:39
I like Sharon and Dennis's relationship and Sharon is an o.k character, but I just don't get why she wants Den back in her life, (it just occured to me, it may be a bit of a spoiler, but it's more discussion). How much more grief is Sharon willing to put up with from him?! (We know he's dead but hypothetically). Dennis must have the patience of a saint! And he must love Sharon a lot! After everything that Den has put him through.

I think there is so much a person can take from somebody before they walk, how the hell does Sharon cope.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
24-07-2005, 18:42
Only 'cause of Den I never liked Shannis!! It was like its never going to work. I absoloutly hated them but now since they happy its just great seeing them, maybe 'cause Denis is not around to destroy their happiness. I don't love them or great fans of them but its nice seeing them happy, so Im not complaining lol.

callummc
24-07-2005, 19:24
It's simple he's her dad.she loves him,and he loves her and being father and daughter they could forgive anything,if she did anything really raelly bad he'd be the only one who would stand by her and visa-versa in other words like any father he would give his life for her thats if he was still alive of course but as she thinks he is,like any girl she wants her dad at her wedding

Debs
24-07-2005, 20:11
when i got married i was so gald both my parents were there my other halfs parents were not there at our wedding and he was really upset. my mate is getting married in oct and her dad died 5 years ago and she really upset he wont see her get married! every girl wants their dad there on the wedding day to give them away so sharon is no differernt!"!

stapler
24-07-2005, 21:35
Yeah, but that's one thing - what Den did was a hell of a lot. And I think it's unfair for Sharon to just decide she wants him without even considering Dennis, and yeah Chrissie's feelings too I suppose. He hurt a lot of people, and it's not just her big day.

littlemo
24-07-2005, 22:29
Yeah, but that's one thing - what Den did was a hell of a lot. And I think it's unfair for Sharon to just decide she wants him without even considering Dennis, and yeah Chrissie's feelings too I suppose. He hurt a lot of people, and it's not just her big day.

Some good points, I don't care about Chrissie because she is aware of Den's death, but I do feel sorry for Dennis. Den has put him through so much. Why does Sharon want the grief?! She must know that Den will never accept their relationship, and even if he was alive he wouldn't walk her down the aisle to marry Dennis. I understand that she loves her dad but she has to accept that the relationship she had with him came to an end when she decided to marry his son.

Obviously if you have a loving father who has always been there for you and respects you, then you would want them at your wedding, but I think Den has stepped over the boundaries once to often. I don't think anybody can put themselves in Sharon's position, but I can't see how she could ever think they could live as a happy family after this.

Jade
24-07-2005, 22:30
Even if Den was stil alive I doubt he would go to the wedding, or if there would even be a wedding

stapler
24-07-2005, 22:36
No, I could actually see him being there. I think it would be his one big chance to be apart of her life or not. In the past it was always Dennis being forced to choose between Sharon and his family, because let's face it when Sharon moved out of No.5 and into Dot's Den didn't accept it and messed with Dennis' head again which was just cruel, but when Dennis stood his ground Den kicked him out of the house... okay, he punched Sharon, but that was Den's doing. Whereas come the wedding, had Den not fell victim to Chrissie and co. he would be the one made to choose between life with Sharon and life without, and I'm sure then he would finally realise how serious they are that he would agree that it's a maybe a good thing Dennis' top priorities are in pleasing Sharon.

stapler
24-07-2005, 22:42
Some good points, I don't care about Chrissie because she is aware of Den's death, but I do feel sorry for Dennis. Den has put him through so much. Why does Sharon want the grief?! She must know that Den will never accept their relationship, and even if he was alive he wouldn't walk her down the aisle to marry Dennis. I understand that she loves her dad but she has to accept that the relationship she had with him came to an end when she decided to marry his son.

Obviously if you have a loving father who has always been there for you and respects you, then you would want them at your wedding, but I think Den has stepped over the boundaries once to often. I don't think anybody can put themselves in Sharon's position, but I can't see how she could ever think they could live as a happy family after this.

I don't care for Chrissie either, I may have had sympathy for her in the past, but murder is certianly no resolution. She's so blonde, she could easily ahve went to the police with two eye-witnesses and claimed manslaughter, but nope, she goes and hides the evidence... I was just saying that Sharon was being slefish in not considering Chrissie in all of this given her limited ammount of knowledge, for all Sharon knows Den may return with that 'other woman' on his arm, and she's being dreadfully unreasonable dismissing Dennis as well.

littlemo
24-07-2005, 22:42
No, I could actually see him being there. I think it would be his one big chance to be apart of her life or not. In the past it was always Dennis being forced to choose between Sharon and his family, because let's face it when Sharon moved out of No.5 and into Dot's Den didn't accept it and messed with Dennis' head again which was just cruel, but when Dennis stood his ground Den kicked him out of the house... okay, he punched Sharon, but that was Den's doing. Whereas come the wedding, had Den not fell victim to Chrissie and co. he would be the one made to choose between life with Sharon and life without, and I'm sure then he would finally realise how serious they are that he would agree that it's a maybe a good thing Dennis' top priorities are in pleasing Sharon.

I doubt Den would have ever accepted their relationship while he was alive, but I do think that with him being dead he would want Sharon to be well looked after, I think he trusts Dennis and knows that he would never hurt Sharon. So Dennis being there for her may be some kind of comfort. But I don't think anyone knows what went on in his head.

Jade
24-07-2005, 22:43
He was so against it though. The lengths he went to to try and stop their relationship. I think he would have made Sharon choose between him and Dennis, he would have certainlly kicked up a massive stink

stapler
24-07-2005, 22:44
Lol, doubt he knew either... perhaps he was mentally ill and convinced everyone and Chrissie he had been murdered and buried in the cellar and will pop back in a few years time.

stapler
24-07-2005, 22:49
He was so against it though. The lengths he went to to try and stop their relationship. I think he would have made Sharon choose between him and Dennis, he would have certainlly kicked up a massive stink

Not really because there was virtually nothing he could do. He no longer had Chrissie, the whole Square and Pauline had condoned the relationship (now that's something!), Sharon and Dennis already chose their relationship over him at Christmas had it not have been for the 'baby', hell even Vicki left with Sharon - so he couldn't play the family card, it's his whole family stacked up against him. Sharon and Dennis have nothing to lose, the ball's completely in Den's court. The only thing he could hope for is a wedding invitation because no one would make the effort to listen to his side of the argument anymore, he would need to walk Sharon up the aisle for a quiet life and see what he could salvage of the mockery he's made of his son's life. That's why I think he'd jump at the chance of attending the wedding, otherwise it's probably more comfortable staying dead.

Jade
24-07-2005, 22:50
Well I guess we'll never know :)

stapler
24-07-2005, 22:51
lol. Yup. Pity. Would have been a nice conclusion. Suppose we can see their reactions at his funeral, I know Sharon will regret everything so it's mainly Dennis I'm intrigued in seeing.

Jade
24-07-2005, 22:53
Yea I guess there will be a funeral, should be a good episode. I think Dennis will be more concerned with how Sharon is (if they are still together) than the fact that Den is dead.

stapler
24-07-2005, 22:57
There's no way will it split them up, if anything it will bring them closer together I reckon. They'll be comforting each other and whether or not they have split views on the whole issue, neither of them can criticise the other because whether one feels elated (maybe they wouldn't feel too postive lol, sorry) or desolate they each have pretty fair reasons.

Jade
24-07-2005, 22:58
I dont think it should split them up. But we all know what the EE writers are like!!!!

stapler
24-07-2005, 23:02
I know, but I reckon Shannis is a one-off in Walford, they're the most popular couple in soap... there's websites about a fictional relationship lol! I doubt the scriptwriters would prove too popular themselves if they tried anything, ratings may drop... maybe that's me being presumptuous.

Kim
25-07-2005, 07:33
I don't see how Sharon could possibly want Den at the wedding after everything he has done. He split her and the love of her life up...........twice. After he slept with Zoe and got her pregnant in order to do so. He is her dad but i just can't see why she would want hin there.

Kim
25-07-2005, 07:38
It's simple he's her dad.she loves him,and he loves her and being father and daughter they could forgive anything,if she did anything really raelly bad he'd be the only one who would stand by her and visa-versa in other words like any father he would give his life for her thats if he was still alive of course but as she thinks he is,like any girl she wants her dad at her wedding It wasn't right that he favoured her over Chrissie. I feel sorry for Chrissie in that sense, she spent five years of her life being second best to his adopted daughter. Poor Chrissie.

callummc
25-07-2005, 10:28
chrissys own fault but think about ithis love for sharon is unconditional,but chrissy is different ask any dad,if chrissy was the mother of his child we

callummc
25-07-2005, 10:34
sorry-as above she would have more of an hold over him,thats why he didn't want anymore really,every dad should put their kids first,dads tend to put their daughters first,and mams their sons first,and for some reason it gets worse when they get older and have a girlfriend or boyfriend that the parent dosn't approve of,i know cos my mam turned into another person when my older brother

Kim
25-07-2005, 13:36
Its not Chrissie's fault that she isn't Sharon's mother. Biologically, Den wasn't her father either, but he didn't seem to love Chrissie at all, the only person he loved was Sharon, as he told her before she left on the night of his demise. Its just not right that he favoured one over the other.

stapler
25-07-2005, 13:42
Perhaps not, but if Chrissie supposedly knew this all along then it's her own fault for staying with him, isn't it?

Kim
25-07-2005, 13:56
I suppose but she loved him and stayed with him but he should have loved her too.

callummc
25-07-2005, 15:23
how come no one slags peggy of for doing the same thing with her beloved sons,same scenario

stapler
25-07-2005, 15:49
Hmmm... but with son's like her's it's only their mother that could love 'em! Jk, no Den's much worse than Peggy. He can't consider Sharon's feelings in anything, he seriously does treat her like a baby. I mean how embarrassing would we all feel if our Da adopted the name "Princess" even at that age. Peggy doesn't go around attempting to wipe Phil's nose for him, etc even if she does try and fight their battles for them.

hayzie
25-07-2005, 19:35
I know, but I reckon Shannis is a one-off in Walford, they're the most popular couple in soap... there's websites about a fictional relationship lol! I doubt the scriptwriters would prove too popular themselves if they tried anything, ratings may drop... maybe that's me being presumptuous. :lol: i was quite shocked at first that there was a whole website dedicated to a fictional relationship but that juts proves how popular they are, and they are very popular, i should know as im a huge fan myself! :D lol. they are a one-off as their relationship is so original and theres no other relationship like theirs in any other soap or in EE for that matter. the scriptwriters would become the most hated people on britain if they tried to split them and i for one would be down there at Elstree with my axe! lol

callummc
25-07-2005, 21:08
the scriptwriters are allready proving unpopular,it aint the actors faults ee is failing in the ratings and hasn't beat corrie since christmas day its all those boring scripts

stapler
25-07-2005, 21:21
the scriptwriters are allready proving unpopular,it aint the actors faults ee is failing in the ratings and hasn't beat corrie since christmas day its all those boring scripts

Even so, they wouldn't dare break the couple up - I know everyone thought the same about "Kalfie" - what a stupid run-on name lol, but that was different... had Jessie Wallace not had to leave early then they wouldn't have had the rushed storyline.

callummc
25-07-2005, 21:26
they will in time beleive you me,i think they should have left them as brother and sister,sharon only loves dennis cos he 's so like her dad

stapler
25-07-2005, 21:55
That is so not true lol, that's been addressed time and time again - she loves Dennis for Dennis.

25-07-2005, 22:25
I guess she will always love Den... after everything that has happened... :(

callummc
26-07-2005, 00:05
we all love our dads wether we agree with the way they live their life or not,sharons will allways be dens princess

Alisha
26-07-2005, 18:10
they will in time beleive you me,i think they should have left them as brother and sister,sharon only loves dennis cos he 's so like her dad

I couldn't disagree more,

This is what she thought at first. There was a classic case of confusion for her. When she gave into her feelings and slept with Dennis, she was genuinely attracted to him and at that time wanted him. However at that point she was missing her dad too so when it was all over it made her think. She thought that by her grieving over losing her dad, she took comfort in the nearest thing to him and that was Dennis. She continued to convince herself that this was the truth...but the reality was far from it.

When it came to February, it dawned on her that she was actually in love with this man and then things became so much more clearer. Although at first she did think it was to do with Den, she realised that her feelings for Dennis and ran deep and it was more than just lust or passing infatuation. She wanted Dennis for Dennis. She saw the softer more vulnerable and loving side to him and that’s what drew her to him. Those feelings had been developed for months (kept on a backburner) but it took her until the Valentines ball for her feelings to overpower her and admit that she loved Dennis. When Den returned in April and Den and Sharon had the confrontation, Sharon clearly said that when she ended things in September (the one night stand) she thought it was because of Den and seeing him again that made her question her 'desire' for Dennis but then said 'but it was never about you, it was about him and who he is'.

Dennis does have some traits that Den has so arguably that forms some part of what attracted Sharon to him but then Dennis is not the first. There was also Grant and Phil who also Den-like and bad boys so to speak. Although Dennis had some similarities to his father, they differentiate a whole lot too. Dennis is not as manipulative and conniving as Den is Den's protest that he was just like him, was a false statement too. In Dot's words 'a better man'. :)

BlackKat
26-07-2005, 18:32
:lol: i was quite shocked at first that there was a whole website dedicated to a fictional relationship but that juts proves how popular they are,

You've never googled Harry Potter or Buffy have you? :lol:

i_luv_dennis
26-07-2005, 20:33
i dont no why sharon still wants den at the wedding what he has done to her and sharon spilt them up 2 times (think it is 2 times) sleeping with zoe and she still wants him at her wedding when she knows full well that he might spit them up again thank god that want happen cause he dead. so atleast they might get down the aisle . how do you think sharon will react when she sees dens body under the vic.

callummc
27-07-2005, 00:57
3 simple words why-he's her dad-3more-she loves him,she forgave michelle so why not anything else,as den said we all make mistakes,i know his are big ones,but if your gonna make a mistake you might as well go for the jackpot,only the people who truly love you can forgive you anything and thats usually family

27-07-2005, 18:14
callummc you have alot to say about Sharon and Watts haven't you :)

callummc
28-07-2005, 11:43
yes,to be honest their my fav family,except chrissy,and sharon needs some happiness,and if she dosn't find her dad which we know she can't,she's never gonna settle,and when she does find out,it's gonna break her heart,and don't forget when someone we love dies we only remember the nice bits,not their flaws,you'll see how much sharon loved her dad then,anyone with anything bad to say,will cop it watts style