PDA

View Full Version : Covid-19: Coronavirus 2020

Siobhan
20-03-2020, 09:25
Just wanted to start a thread for everyone to share their experiences, worries or just general rants as you are stuck at home and have cabin fever.

parkerman
20-03-2020, 10:12
Well, we've just had to close our theatre with no guarantee we'll ever open again unless we get some help. https://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/news/18315452.west-cliff-theatre-closes-30-days-venues-cancel-events/

Perdita
20-03-2020, 12:58
So for my friends in the UK and elsewhere that are hearing and asking about what is happening over here in Spain. This is the reality...

Yes we are in total lock down - quarantine...

What does that mean?

*Well everything is closed apart from pharmacies, supermarkets, petrol stations.

*All bars and restaurants and shops are closed.

*We are not allowed to leave the house unless it's to buy food or an emergency.

*We are not allowed more than 1 person in a car.

*We are only allowed to walk our pets within 50 metres of our house and a just you and your dog or dogs. You cannot be walking with another person .

*We are not allowed to just take a walk or a bike ride to get fresh air.

*All children's outdoor parks are closed as are schools. Beaches are closed.

*In supermarkets you cannot enter unless you are wearing gloves and put sanitiser on. They are provided at the door.

*At the pharmacy tape 2m apart outside door, only one person can enter at a time and only go 1m away from the counter (I actually got my meds passed to me via a huge fishing net, having dropped my prescription in there first. Payment was made via the fishing net too).

*The majority of us have suddenly found ourselves with no work.

*In supermarkets and queues we have to stay in single file with a 2 metre distance between each person.

*Many hospital appointments have been cancelled.

*Medical centres and doctors surgeries are closed except for emergencies.

*There are hefty fines if you do not abide by the rules.

*We have police patrols and the military out and about enforcing these rules.

Even under these conditions we are still able to communicate with each other via the phone or internet. A telephone call or a message can go a long way to show someone they are not alone.

Some of us even communicate support for all the service workers who are currently serving us still; often under extreme conditions.

Such as the hospital and medical staff, those on duty at medical centres and surgeries, the police and the military, the politicians searching for solutions and the researchers testing and working to create a vaccine.

This support is communicated via applause, whistles and the banging together of saucepans or lids, at a designated time each night with people going into their gardens, or onto their balconies or rooftops if they are able to.

So you see it's not all bad.........people are supporting each other as best they can.

Be safe and do what you are asked to do to minimise risk to yourself and others.

YOU may be OK ....what about the person you are standing next to?

And please, do NOT panic buy.. there is no need, to see a nurse after 48 hours shift not being able to get anything to eat for herself was one of the most upsetting things I have seen on tv today. The supermarkets get fresh deliveries every day .. so just get what you need and maybe a tiny bit more but be considerate and leave stuff for those that cannot afford to buy a lot or do not have the time due to work commitments to go every day.

If you are healthy and fit ask yourself what can you do to support those in your community who may not be, or indeed are not?

#socialdistancing .........it works to slow down the spread, to #flattenthecurve

Today, 20th March 2020 I have lived under these conditions for 1 week now. Meant to be for another week but getting more and more doubtful that these restrictions will be lifted .. more like Easter time at least if not even longer, some predict 3 months :(

lizann
20-03-2020, 16:36
it's frightening, wiping masses worldwide, spreading so fast, was it from a chinese bat? take care

Pantherboy
20-03-2020, 22:05
Wow, Perdita. I am a bit lost for words. With 80-90 percent of cases being 'imported' from overseas, they have closed the border here in Australia to non-citizens, but are letting Aussies return to Aust, who then have to self-isolate for 14 days (let's hope they do as instructed!). Consequently they are expecting the number of cases to spike from those people returning etc. The challenge now is to try & stem the flow/spread from person to person by social distancing etc (with the rules changing regularly). The rates of infection are rising exponentially, but they hope the social distancing will slow that down - but that of course will depend on everybody doing the right thing...We haven't been put into total lockdown as yet ie everyone, other than people in essential services, being told to stay at home...although there are people saying we should be doing just that. We will see how that changes in the coming days & weeks. Meanwhile, the panic buying continues unabated & they are now limiting the amount of medicines you can buy.Take care of yourself Perdita & the same for everyone out there...

EDIT: They have just announced they are closing Bondi Beach here in Sydney, after it was packed yesterday (it was 35 degrees on Friday) even after they told everyone not to congregate in large numbers/practice social distancing etc - madness!

Siobhan
23-03-2020, 08:50
We, here in germany, are not in complete lockdown but have strict measures in place. All non essential shops are close, social distance of 2m and no more than 2 in a group (unless it is direct family).
Shops are coping well where I am. Out of pasta, rice and flour but most other products are available.
They have marked the floors in supermarkets to show you how much of a distance is needed and a lot of cashiers have plexiglass in front of them. All wear gloves and have hand sanitizer at the checkout.
I read in that in Denmark they found a way to stop hoarders. They increase the price of extra items to stupid amount so for example 1 pack of TP would be your normal price but if you take 2 packs it can cost you 150 quid. I like this

lizann
23-03-2020, 16:35
us will surpass italy and china, trump didn't prepare or act well just like boris, all airports should have shut completely early especially to countries highly infected, irish idiots were still flying off to ski in italy

Perdita
23-03-2020, 16:58
Not sure about UK or Germany but here in Spain we can buy Hydrogen Peroxide in any supermarket for less than a Euro/Pound. Peroxide over 3% will kill more germs and viruses than other stuff. Buy some of that (but please do not bulk buy). I put some on kitchen paper and wipe down the kitchen surfaces, kettle, laptop, mobile phone .. etc. I find it incredible that Boris Johnson is still allowing people to mix and use public transport and not keep any distance to the next person. It is worrying what is going on but I am more worried about family and friends in UK because of morons not heeding advice... :wall:

lizann
23-03-2020, 17:00
stay at home stay apart wash hands social distancing #flattenthecurve

Siobhan
25-03-2020, 10:49
us will surpass italy and china, trump didn't prepare or act well just like boris, all airports should have shut completely early especially to countries highly infected, irish idiots were still flying off to ski in italy

And now he wants to stop all actions and just got back to normal.. he is an idiot

parkerman
25-03-2020, 11:04
And now he wants to stop all actions and just got back to normal.. he is an idiot

He reckons it will over be over by Easter! What a time for the most powerful country in the world to have a dribbling idiot as its head of state!

lizann
25-03-2020, 15:39
europe is the epic centre most cases and fatalities, hospitals are over run, this will go until at least september

tammyy2j
25-03-2020, 19:34
I have been laid off work but it was expected, temporary closures while trying to stop the spread

It is so scary and frightening how fast it is spreading and the high death rate

All I can do is pray, take care everyone

Siobhan
26-03-2020, 10:54
He reckons it will over be over by Easter! What a time for the most powerful country in the world to have a dribbling idiot as its head of state!

it's all just a way to stop him been reelected didn't you know.. Democrats and fake news are asking thousands to sacrifice themselves to help them..
You really couldn't make this up

Siobhan
26-03-2020, 10:57
europe is the epic centre most cases and fatalities, hospitals are over run, this will go until at least september
Germany is taking some of the cases from France and Italy as we have beds and have a good hold on the virus. Someone here said when they got it, everyday a questionnaire was sent to him and he had to describe how he was feeling. They do this will all infected and if symptoms get worse, you are asked to go straight to hospital. This and the fact that most infected here are 30-55 is the reason for our low mortality rate

Siobhan
26-03-2020, 10:58
I have been laid off work but it was expected, temporary closures while trying to stop the spread

I am luck enough to work from home.. there is not a lot going on but enough to keep me going

Perdita
26-03-2020, 16:42
I have copied this from a Facebook post which I think might be useful recognising some of the symptoms this virus can show in us:

Steph Freeman
17 hrs
So most of you know I have been confirmed as having COVID-19. The big thing I have noticed is the government saying about the cough and breathlessness and the high temps but there are other things to look out for especially in the early days before the respiratory symptoms start so I have done a day to day dairy so that people know how I actually felt before the main symptoms started. This will hopefully stop people infecting people when they are not sure but feel a little unwell.

Day 1 headaches and feeling tired

Day2 headaches and eyes hurt, like bad hay fever, they were watery stingy and itchy.

Day 3 really tired and throat was really dry and a little sore

Day 4 a bit of a cough and a slight temperature

Day 5 dry cough a little worse than day before but not too bad and felt a little dizzy, very tired, felt run down and getting cold sweats

Day 6 cough worse but like a flu cough annoying but with rest and water could cope and still getting headaches and eyes hurting.

Day 7 tired, cough feeling a little better and no temps
Bit of headache, felt like I was over the worse

Day 8 woke up feeling really bad cough really bad temp still not very high only ever been between 37.9 and 38.3, chest feeling tight and couldn’t stop coughing, tired beyond words, dizzy feel like I can’t breathe, deep dry cough headache and achy from coughing and through feeling crap, eyes sore as well.

Day 9 confirmed as having Coronavirus and a secondary chest infection so now on antibiotics and in heavy isolation.

Day 10 chest feeling tight, head ache, very tired, coughing more, high temps (luckily I’m controlling them with regular paracetamol) eyes feel heavy and generally feel like I can’t do anything.

Day 11 cough feeling a little better but chest very heavy and tired just to talk, hard to catch breath even when going to toilet, drinking plenty of fluids and taking antibiotics and regular paracetamol to keep temp down.

Luckily I isolated myself on day 1 but now have to isolate for an extra week on top of the 14 days, I hope this will help people to think twice before going out if they are unsure if they actually have symptoms as trust me you don’t want this. I have so far as of day 13 been able to manage my symptoms at home, where I feel at the moment is the best place for me. I have strict instructions that if I feel any worse or struggling to keep my temperature down with the regular paracetamol or get that breathless that I struggle to talk in sentence that I should be calling for help.

Please all, stay home, I know you are or at least were allowed to go out once a day to exercise ... you can exercise at home and open the windows or go into the garden if you have one, limit as much contact with the outside world as you can .. Stay Safe !!!

lizann
27-03-2020, 01:13
just read older patients being taken of ventilators to die in italy and spain, cant cope too many

Siobhan
27-03-2020, 11:03
just read older patients being taken of ventilators to die in italy and spain, cant cope too many

That's the sad reality. They have only so many beds and medics. If it was a battle field, the medic would make the call as they thought had a chance to survive

parkerman
27-03-2020, 11:29
Boris tests positive: https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/27/boris-johnson-tests-positive-coronavirus-12465507/?ito=social

lizann
27-03-2020, 12:38
Boris tests positive: https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/27/boris-johnson-tests-positive-coronavirus-12465507/?ito=social

nhs workers in front line waiting for tests but boris and prince charles get early

parkerman
27-03-2020, 13:23
And another one bites the dust.https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/27/health-secretary-matt-hancock-tests-positive-coronavirus-12466332/?ito=social

Perdita
27-03-2020, 19:02
And another one bites the dust.https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/27/health-secretary-matt-hancock-tests-positive-coronavirus-12466332/?ito=social

And Boris Johnson now too ....

lizann
30-03-2020, 17:52
prince charles all better, thought 14 days quarantine isolation

parkerman
30-03-2020, 22:48
prince charles all better, thought 14 days quarantine isolation

Seven days.

lizann
31-03-2020, 02:11
And Boris Johnson now too ....

all recovered now too apparently

parkerman
31-03-2020, 08:14
all recovered now too apparently

Yes, once the symptoms show, quarantine is only for seven days as in a mild case that's how long it normally takes and that's how long before it becomes no longer contagious.

Siobhan
31-03-2020, 10:39
Feeling a bit more positive today. Looking at worldometer and I can see the no. of infected in many countries are going down. Recovered people going up.. long may it last

lizann
31-03-2020, 17:15
how is germany low in numbers

Siobhan
01-04-2020, 10:53
how is germany low in numbers

Many reasons.
1. we have more test done so can find and isolate a person and who they were in contact with quicker
2. Older people are staying at home for the most part so younger ages have been affected more, average age is 46
3. We have more beds with ventilator, 25.000 compared to 4,000 in UK, 6,000 in Spain/Italy. This is the reason we can take extra patients
4. Our healthcare system is really good. If you feel you have covid you are tested and then sent a questionnaire to see how you are doing everyday. If conditions get worse, you are brought straight to hospital.
5. And finally, and I cannot stress this enough, the germans follow the rule. Wash your hand, stay 2m apart and don't panic. Our leader have not only told us to do this but actually do it themselves. Since the "lockdown" the bundestag has been mostly empty and only Merkel was on the stage by herself, unlike Trump who surrounded himself

lizann
01-04-2020, 16:46
is merkel isolating herself

Siobhan
02-04-2020, 09:07
she is now... she has a suspected case, came back negative but has stayed in isolation

lizann
02-04-2020, 17:38
id say some countries are lying about numbers way more and that damn dirty disgusting market in wuhan back opened

Siobhan
03-04-2020, 10:25
id say some countries are lying about numbers way more and that damn dirty disgusting market in wuhan back opened

There is currently 1 million infected but I reckon it is way higher as not everyone can be tested and some are just showing mild symptoms. The death rates are going to keep increasing regards of the number of tests done or even if the count reduces.

What it important to know in all this is that it is not just Covid-19 that kills, it is lack of capacity to treat the overwhelming number of people who need care and equipment. At the end of the day, this might have a death rate of less then a common flu but I bet if everyone got the flu at the same time, we would have isolation too.

Perdita
03-04-2020, 20:58
I really do not want to offend anyone that has been affected by this but somehow I cannot help feeling that Mother Nature just got pissed off that much because humans do not take notice of hurricanes, tsunamis, floods, wildfires .. maybe reducing the cause of the world's destrution is her way of saving this planet ....

Siobhan
06-04-2020, 10:08
I really do not want to offend anyone that has been affected by this but somehow I cannot help feeling that Mother Nature just got pissed off that much because humans do not take notice of hurricanes, tsunamis, floods, wildfires .. maybe reducing the cause of the world's destrution is her way of saving this planet ....

thank you.. that was one of my first thought. Gaia got pissed!!

lizann
06-04-2020, 20:31
boris in icu now

lizann
12-04-2020, 16:23
boris out of icu, on the mend

did ye shine yer light and clap for the frontline workers, id say good pay for all frontline workers and high quality ppe is wants needed but we all appreciate their hard work

Perdita
12-04-2020, 19:35
boris out of icu, on the mend

did ye shine yer light and clap for the frontline workers, id say good pay for all frontline workers and high quality ppe is wants needed but we all appreciate their hard work
Yes, I did and still do in Spain, every night, glad Boris is out of hospital and did not need my claps which he never would have got but I never ever wish ill or worse on anyone just because I do not like them, their way of thinking, dressing or what political party they support . still a human being in the end ..

lizann
12-04-2020, 22:00
i wouldn't wish this damn virus on anyone

lizann
15-04-2020, 17:17
my pharmacy saying build up the immune system with vitamin c and d, zinc

Siobhan
16-04-2020, 10:31
my pharmacy saying build up the immune system with vitamin c and d, zinc

Yeah, this is always really good for your immune system. I go out in the sun everyday for my Vit D... nothing nicer than a walk through the woods on a sunny day

Generally I feel very privileged with my circumstances. I can work from home, I have a big area around me to go walking and as off 2 weeks ago, biking, and germany has a good health care system and leader to help us through this.
Yes, I miss a lot a things, my wedding was postponed until further notice, I may not get to see my parents this year (which will make it 3 years since I saw them) but generally I have much more to be thankful for

Siobhan
28-04-2020, 06:53
Soapboard buddy check How is everyone doing?

Unfortunately a close family friend of our died of Covid last week. Sadly only 10 in immediate family could attend.
Hope everyone else is coping fine and not getting too much cabin fever. Hoping people will still abide by rules during restriction lifts so we don't have a second wave.

Perdita
28-04-2020, 11:23

Unfortunately a close family friend of our died of Covid last week. Sadly only 10 in immediate family could attend.
Hope everyone else is coping fine and not getting too much cabin fever. Hoping people will still abide by rules during restriction lifts so we don't have a second wave.

I am very sorry for your loss, I hope a memorial service can be held in the future. :(

I am doing good, miss a good catch-up with friends but otherwise no real change for me anyway. One of my dogs suffers most with not being able to go for walks she wants to go on, she is only little, 8kg but is boss where walking routes are concerned. Vet has put her on antidepressants but they are not making any difference. Poor thing has to wear a blow up collar to stop her licking her paws red and raw. Good news is that as of this coming Saturday we are allowed to go out for an hour every day for walks so I will be able to take them both on our regular routes and hopefully she will feel better again. Social distancing has to be maintained at all times. Children were allowed out after 6 weeks last Saturday for an hour a day, some stayed out for longer and went on the beach which is not allowed yet .. hope it will not affect the easing of the lockdown... I will continue to wear gloves and face mask when out .. Hope everyone else is doing good. stay home, stay safe xx

Helena1992
29-04-2020, 04:23
I'm so sorry for your loss take care of yourself.

Siobhan
29-04-2020, 09:22
I am very sorry for your loss, I hope a memorial service can be held in the future. :(

I am doing good, miss a good catch-up with friends but otherwise no real change for me anyway. One of my dogs suffers most with not being able to go for walks she wants to go on, she is only little, 8kg but is boss where walking routes are concerned. Vet has put her on antidepressants but they are not making any difference. Poor thing has to wear a blow up collar to stop her licking her paws red and raw. Good news is that as of this coming Saturday we are allowed to go out for an hour every day for walks so I will be able to take them both on our regular routes and hopefully she will feel better again. Social distancing has to be maintained at all times. Children were allowed out after 6 weeks last Saturday for an hour a day, some stayed out for longer and went on the beach which is not allowed yet .. hope it will not affect the easing of the lockdown... I will continue to wear gloves and face mask when out .. Hope everyone else is doing good. stay home, stay safe xx

Your poor dog.. they suffer most as they can't decide to stay indoors and it has to be enforced on them

lizann
29-04-2020, 14:02

im very sorry for your loss

another sad part of this is the dying alone and small funeral

tammyy2j
11-05-2020, 23:22

I am very sorry for your loss Siobhan

I do hope no second peak wave

lizann
20-05-2020, 04:04
how are we all doing?

Siobhan
20-05-2020, 08:17
how are we all doing?

Health wise, I am good.. Mentally I am hanging in there... wedding cancel on 4th of May and got a second date for the 19th which was also cancelled to yeah, 2 wedding dates cancelled in one month is not good. On top of that, my mum's bday was cancelled and my flights home to Ireland also cancelled so I don't get to see my parents or family this year and none of them can come see me. We video chat but it is not the same and I love hugging and I can't do that anymore with my friends.
Sorry for the rant

Perdita
20-05-2020, 10:07
Health wise, I am good.. Mentally I am hanging in there... wedding cancel on 4th of May and got a second date for the 19th which was also cancelled to yeah, 2 wedding dates cancelled in one month is not good. On top of that, my mum's bday was cancelled and my flights home to Ireland also cancelled so I don't get to see my parents or family this year and none of them can come see me. We video chat but it is not the same and I love hugging and I can't do that anymore with my friends.
Sorry for the rant

I think most of us are the same, Siobhan, sorry for your cancelled wedding dates, one thing to look forward to and then it is not happening, certainly does not help mental health. Hopefully you will be able to set a new date and third time lucky. :) I agree, face timing and video chats are not the same but they are better than not having any contacts so I am grateful for technology these days. I hope that everyone is coping as best as they can and pray that this situation wil come to an end soon. Take care all and stay safe xxx

flappinfanny
29-05-2020, 23:46
I do think it was a mistake Nicola Sturgeon lifting some of the lockdown measures in Scotland today ahead of England on Monday, especially as the "R" is higher in the North and Scotland.

I gave up on any common sense coming from the English government, but it seems the Scottish government are taking the same approach sadly.

I heard an interesting interview on Radio 4 coming home from work. Sage have said they think the UK as a whole are moving too quickly out of lockdown, the excellent BBC medical correspondent Fergus Walsh said it was worrying the "R" was only just below 1 and for saying we have been in lock down for 9 weeks it should be lower and is in other countries.

Part of the reason Sage believe is that 50% of the public that have shown symptoms of the virus had not self isolated for 7/14 days and neither had their family members in the same household, which explains why the "R" is just below 1.

lizann
31-05-2020, 15:52
my mental health isnt good during this, increase in xanax but no help, its hard

Siobhan
31-05-2020, 17:22
It always seems that you just get a grip on what is happening, you start to see some light and then idiot go out and cram together and you think "Ok another lockdown". Try stay strong Lizann.. just know you can rant here

Perdita
31-05-2020, 18:42
I see many posts on FB here for folk in Spain asking when flights will resume .. both ways.. going or coming .. I just do not understand it .. YES, I do know what it is like to miss seeing and hugging loved ones .. but I also know that a lot of them are vulnerable to become sick with this fecker .. I do not want to risk their lives nor do I want them to come here and make my now home unsafe and sick ... We have managed for 9 weeks or so .. lets manage a bit longer, things are a lot easier now with some restrictions lifted .. Why do some always take a whole yard when offered a foot :wall::angry::nono:

lizann
31-05-2020, 20:41
looking at america the riots and protests no distancing, that country is so f#cked up, the racist killings

id love a holiday but none until a vaccine cure found which is a far while off

Siobhan
01-06-2020, 17:41
id love a holiday but none until a vaccine cure found which is a far while off

I have luck with bad luck. I can take a vacation in Denmark only due to the fact that after 15th June border will reopen but only to Norway, Iceland and Germany if you stay 6 days or more. As I will be getting married in Denmark, I have to take 6 days there. Lucky that my kids come with me but unlucky that my guests can't afford 6 days or don't come from Norway, Germany or Iceland.

Perdita
01-06-2020, 19:06
I have luck with bad luck. I can take a vacation in Denmark only due to the fact that after 15th June border will reopen but only to Norway, Iceland and Germany if you stay 6 days or more. As I will be getting married in Denmark, I have to take 6 days there. Lucky that my kids come with me but unlucky that my guests can't afford 6 days or don't come from Norway, Germany or Iceland.

When is your wedding day? In June? Guess it is a case of getting married in a very small circle and have a good knees-up once things are better again .. do not want to say back to normal as I cannot see things going back to what we would call normal in the past. Whenever it is, I wish you and your groom a great day, may you have a very long and happy life together xx

lizann
01-06-2020, 19:34
siobhan i hope you have finally your wedding and a lifetime of happiness

Siobhan
03-06-2020, 17:12
When is your wedding day? In June? Guess it is a case of getting married in a very small circle and have a good knees-up once things are better again .. do not want to say back to normal as I cannot see things going back to what we would call normal in the past. Whenever it is, I wish you and your groom a great day, may you have a very long and happy life together xx

Hopefully in July.. wedding date no. 3 for this year

lizann
10-08-2020, 19:30
how is everyone?

Perdita
10-08-2020, 19:42
how is everyone?

Worried as numbers were increasing in my area ... but are steadiying again although a return to lockdown cannot be totally ruled out. But hopefully that will not happen as I am sure that some smaller businesses would not survive another lockdown. Face masks are mandatory once outside your home at all times. Another 3 weeks and holiday season will be over, a lot will go back to their homes either in Spain or wherever they call home. I still do not go out much unless I have to. Stay safe everyone! xxx

lizann
11-08-2020, 01:35
it's hard to ever see a proper return to normal

parkerman
11-08-2020, 08:15
We've just received the application form for a Government grant for theatres. It is a very long and complicated form and they want to know absolutely everything about the business and what our forecasts are for a) fully opening soon, b) partially opening soon, c) remaining closed for anything up to a year. They also want to know what we feel our value to the local community is (in no more than 700 words), our diversity policy, our health & safety policy and all sorts of other policies.

I can understand why they want to know these things and why they need to know the money will be well spent etc., but we have three weeks to complete the application with our three full time staff. Other theatres have hundreds of staff, some who specialise in grant applications as part of their job. It is going to be very difficult for us and, unless we get a grant and/or Covid-19 disappears soon and we can get back to normality, I think we could be in some trouble. Fortunately, we do have quite a healthy reserve, but it can't last for ever.

As far as opening goes, it really is impossible to say at the moment when we will be able to reopen. We have just decided to cancel all shows in November and most of December, but the likelihood is we will be closed until at least February or March. We are a 600 seat theatre and, if 2m social distancing is still with us, it will cut our capacity down to about 140, not nearly enough to make the great majority of shows viable.

lizann
11-08-2020, 14:21
many businesses closing never to reopen over this

Pantherboy
12-08-2020, 00:06
Small businesses are baring the brunt of the economic situation & quite a number that were able to (just) survive the 'first wave' are now being hit hard(er) by the 'second wave' & may not be able to survive in the long run. Good luck with the Grant Application Parkerman - we will all be keeping our fingers crossed for you that you are successful!

Let's hope that a viable vaccine is not too far away. They seem to be hopeful with the progress of a number of the clinical trials going on around the world. Again, fingers crossed that they are successful (even if the vaccines are not 100% effective to begin with).

(My niece down in Melbourne is an occupational therapist working with the elderly in Aged Care homes - where the virus has been running rampant recently. She is doing ok, but we are all worried for her, & proud of the work she is doing.)

Perdita
12-08-2020, 04:18
Small businesses are baring the brunt of the economic situation & quite a number that were able to (just) survive the 'first wave' are now being hit hard(er) by the 'second wave' & may not be able to survive in the long run. Good luck with the Grant Application Parkerman - we will all be keeping our fingers crossed for you that you are successful!

Let's hope that a viable vaccine is not too far away. They seem to be hopeful with the progress of a number of the clinical trials going on around the world. Again, fingers crossed that they are successful (even if the vaccines are not 100% effective to begin with).

(My niece down in Melbourne is an occupational therapist working with the elderly in Aged Care homes - where the virus has been running rampant recently. She is doing ok, but we are all worried for her, & proud of the work she is doing.)

Melbourne had a bad second wave and is pretty much under lockdown again, hope your niece stays safe and she is a very brave and courageous lady doing what she does

parkerman
12-08-2020, 08:12

Thanks Pantherboy. And I echo everything Perdy said about your niece.

lizann
12-08-2020, 13:20
echoed here too stay safe everyone

tammyy2j
13-08-2020, 00:32
Many countries are working on vaccines so we can pray a successful one is found soon, it is a very strange time

lizann
24-08-2020, 23:20
cases on the up again, second surge wave?

Siobhan
25-08-2020, 17:17
cases on the up again, second surge wave? In some countries yes but in others they opened to early so the first wave didn't even finish

parkerman
05-09-2020, 17:26
Latest news from my theatre. We are now planning to re-open in November with some smaller shows because of the need for social distancing. Ours is a 600 seat theatre, but if social distancing is still in place, we can only accommodate about 140 audience. The shows will also have to have very few performers because of the size of our backstage area.

There is some good news on all this though and that is we will be re-opening with a one man show by none other than our old friend from The Bill, Graham Cole!

lizann
05-09-2020, 20:18
Latest news from my theatre. We are now planning to re-open in November with some smaller shows because of the need for social distancing. Ours is a 600 seat theatre, but if social distancing is still in place, we can only accommodate about 140 audience. The shows will also have to have very few performers because of the size of our backstage area.

There is some good news on all this though and that is we will be re-opening with a one man show by none other than our old friend from The Bill, Graham Cole!

best of luck

Pantherboy
05-09-2020, 23:12

All the best for the re-opening parkerman. I hope all goes well & what a great act to kick things off. Did you manage to get the government grant application completed ok?

parkerman
05-09-2020, 23:46
All the best for the re-opening parkerman. I hope all goes well & what a great act to kick things off. Did you manage to get the government grant application completed ok?

Thank you, Pantherboy.

Yes, we just about beat the deadline. We have been told that all applicants will be informed of whether they were successful or not between 28 September and 3 October. Fingers crossed.

Perdita
06-09-2020, 04:55

Hope all goes well

tammyy2j
06-09-2020, 23:11

The arts and cultural is suffering too because of this,nothing running or showing so I do hope it all goes very well

parkerman
06-09-2020, 23:40
The arts and cultural is suffering too because of this,nothing running or showing so I do hope it all goes very well
The theatre in Cromer opened a couple of weeks ago for a truncated Summer Season. They have been putting on three shows per week and so far have sold out every seat. They are also fully booked for the next two weeks.

lizann
07-09-2020, 16:30
i miss shows, dances even the cinema

parkerman
11-09-2020, 10:37
https://www.facebook.com/westcliffclacton/videos/322571538990923

Perdita
11-09-2020, 12:13

Hope all goes well for both shows :) :thumbsup:

lizann
11-09-2020, 18:54

is it streamed on line?

parkerman
11-09-2020, 23:55
is it streamed on line?
Do you mean are our shows streamed live? If you do, the answer is no.

lizann
12-09-2020, 13:21
Do you mean are our shows streamed live? If you do, the answer is no.

best of luck

lizann
24-09-2020, 15:28
hope everyone well and sane

Siobhan
30-09-2020, 17:33
hope everyone well and sane think we are doing better than Uk and Ireland. Yes we had an increase in cases but we have a system in place to track and trace and steps to be taken if we go over a certain limit.

Perdita
30-09-2020, 18:28
think we are doing better than Uk and Ireland. Yes we had an increase in cases but we have a system in place to track and trace and steps to be taken if we go over a certain limit.

Stay safe, whatever x

lizann
04-10-2020, 20:16
chinese virus has got trump

Siobhan
05-10-2020, 17:23
Stay safe, whatever x Oh 100%.. I don't drop my guard down. we have AHA here Abstand, Hygiene Altagmaske in english: distance, hygiene (wash your hands), wear a mask..

parkerman
13-10-2020, 09:41
I am pleased to say that we (The West Cliff Theatre) were awarded ?110,000 from the Culture Recovery Fund yesterday plus another smaller grant of about ?1500 from the Theatres Trust. It means our future is pretty secure now.

We are reopening on 20 November with a one-man show starring our old friend, Graham Cole. Of course, this depends on no return to full lockdown in the near future.

Pantherboy
13-10-2020, 12:43
I am pleased to say that we (The West Cliff Theatre) were awarded ?110,000 from the Culture Recovery Fund yesterday plus another smaller grant of about ?1500 from the Theatres Trust. It means our future is pretty secure now.

We are reopening on 20 November with a one-man show starring our old friend, Graham Cole. Of course, this depends on no return to full lockdown in the near future.

Great news Parkerman! I am so pleased for you & the Theatre. I am sure you are quite relieved. Good luck with the reopening (& hoping there is no further full lockdowns!).

Perdita
14-10-2020, 03:47

Excellent news and I am sure Graham Cole will provide great entertainment and the show will be a success :cheer: :clap:

lizann
15-10-2020, 00:27
hope it all goes well pman, a sell out

Perdita
26-10-2020, 17:00
More restrictions again for me in southern Spain... Curfew from 11pm to 6am, bars/restaurants must be closed by 11pm. As most Spanish do not start going out until 10pm for their dinners, they will have to rely on take-outs or home delieveries which are still aloud after 11pm. Face masks to be worn at all times when outside, even in a bar or restaurant, take down to take a sip of your drink or to put food in your mouth, chew the food with mask on. So far this will be in place until May 2021 but will be reviewed every 2 weeks so if this helps to bring down number of cases, these rules might be relaxed again. Stay safe everyone xx

Siobhan
26-10-2020, 17:43
we are living in crazy times. If everyone just paid attention to their surrounds i.e make sure there is a distance and that people wear the mask, we could get on as we did before. It is not hard. Our increase here is caused by family gatherings, and parties..

Perdita
26-10-2020, 18:40
Same here ... people still do not wear masks when out and apparently plenty of partying going on .. I only walk my dogs and do necessary shopping and go to 2 local bars once in a while to try and support them, especially as one is run by a single parent and she is struggling. Some are saying this will last for around 2 years ... :(

lizann
26-10-2020, 19:01
we are living in crazy times. If everyone just paid attention to their surrounds i.e make sure there is a distance and that people wear the mask, we could get on as we did before. It is not hard. Our increase here is caused by family gatherings, and parties..

its same here idiots having parties so we all suffer, more idiots having protests over masks and restrictions

Perdita
04-11-2020, 12:14
The whole of Murcia in Spain will shut all bars and restaurants from Saturday onwards ... take-outs and deliveries are still permitted. I know that some businesses will not survive this... I think it is for 2 weeks to start with and then gets reviewed. The virus is rampant here and I expect a total lockdown again which was rather more severe than it was in UK... :crying:

parkerman
04-11-2020, 13:20
Our new lockdown means we have had to postpone opening our theatre. Graham Cole has been put off to January now.

lizann
04-11-2020, 19:43
Our new lockdown means we have had to postpone opening our theatre. Graham Cole has been put off to January now.

hope it happens in january, lockdown effect is as bad as covid for some

Siobhan
09-11-2020, 09:23
Lockdown in January would be hell!! As it is, January is already the longest hellish month. Imagine not been able to go anywhere on top of that too

parkerman
09-11-2020, 09:36
hope it happens in january, lockdown effect is as bad as covid for some

We are still planning to open in December. We have four shows planned around Christmas time.

lizann
16-11-2020, 16:22
a few vaccines approved with over 90% effective

parkerman
16-11-2020, 17:00
a few vaccines approved with over 90% effective

Yes, the latest one from Moderna looks really good. 94.5% effective and it doesn't have to be kept frozen to any greater temperature than a normal freezer, unlike the Pfizer one.

Siobhan
17-11-2020, 08:35
Would you take it? general question to all. I would want the more vulnerable and front line to take it first as they are in most need but I would have no issue taking it.

parkerman
17-11-2020, 10:42
Would you take it? general question to all. I would want the more vulnerable and front line to take it first as they are in most need but I would have no issue taking it.
I certainly would take it. It is the only sure way of beating this pandemic.

Brucie
17-11-2020, 16:18
In a heartbeat! It really is the only way out of this mess.

lizann
17-11-2020, 19:51
yes id take for sure

Pantherboy
17-11-2020, 21:45
Yes. No question indeed.

parkerman
21-11-2020, 23:37
Getting ready for our opening: https://twitter.com/i/status/1330094910901510150

lizann
22-11-2020, 02:09

best of luck with it

Perdita
22-11-2020, 05:10

Good luck!

Pantherboy
22-11-2020, 06:38

Great little instructional video from Mr Cole. Hopefully it will attract people to come down to the theatre. Good luck with it all, Parkerman.

parkerman
02-12-2020, 18:29
Our two opening shows, Genesis Connected and We Three Kings of Rock 'n' Roll, on Friday and Saturday this week, have both sold out! We're back!

lizann
02-12-2020, 19:12
vaccine getting rolled out too soon

parkerman
02-12-2020, 19:50
vaccine getting rolled out too soon

Yes, U.K. first country to start vaccination programme, starting this week!

I'm in the priority 4 group. Bring it on. Can't come too soon for me!

Siobhan
03-12-2020, 08:20
think we are getting it soon here in germany too and there will be drive in vaccination centers built open 12hr a day once the priority people get it first

parkerman
07-12-2020, 09:21
Well. we had two great nights on Friday and Saturday. Both "sell out" audiences in the sense that every seat available under social distancing rules was sold, something like 140 out of our 600 capacity. Our well-planned precautions worked well and everyone said they had a great night in spite of the restrictions.

Next up is our short Christmas Season in a couple of weeks.

Pantherboy
07-12-2020, 12:03
Well. we had two great nights on Friday and Saturday. Both "sell out" audiences in the sense that every seat available under social distancing rules was sold, something like 140 out of our 600 capacity. Our well-planned precautions worked well and everyone said they had a great night in spite of the restrictions.

Glad to hear everything went well parkerman & everyone enjoyed themselves. All the best for the Christmas season.

Perdita
07-12-2020, 14:45

Glad it went so well and good luck with the short Christmas Season :)

lizann
08-12-2020, 01:17

some nice good news, delighted

parkerman
30-12-2020, 11:52
The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved for use in the UK, with the first doses due to be given on Monday amid rising coronavirus cases, especially in my home county of Essex where a state of emergency has been declared at the rising number of cases.

The plan is to vaccinate as many people as possible as quickly as possible by only giving one dose initially, with the follow-up jab some 12 weeks later. This will give more coverage quicker. Test have shown that the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is 70% effective even after just one dose, though it is thought that for longer term effect, two doses will still be needed.

Right, I'm off to queue up outside my GP surgery!

lizann
31-12-2020, 00:43
its rampant everywhere again and the different variants spread faster

flappinfanny
31-12-2020, 16:12
I am going to get in early, Happy New Year to you all. Stay Safe and indoors and watch the box and remember what our Boris said 'Covid loves a crowd'

Perdita
31-12-2020, 17:20
I am going to get in early, Happy New Year to you all. Stay Safe and indoors and watch the box and remember what our Boris said 'Covid loves a crowd'

I wish everyone a very happy and healthy New Year .. doubt 1st of January will be any different but hopefully in the course of this year things will turn out for the better.. I hope everyone here will be healthy and safe next NYE and still contributing here .. xxx

lizann
31-12-2020, 17:22
happy new year 2021 can only get better go up, stay alive and healthy

Pantherboy
31-12-2020, 21:32
Happy New Year everybody. Let's hope & pray 2021 is a much better year & things turn around for the better very soon. Stay safe one and all!

tammyy2j
31-12-2020, 23:14
Happy Healthy New Year to All

Perdita
01-01-2021, 03:49
Happy Healthy New Year to All

Happy Healthy New Year to all from me too ... lets rock 2021 ! :heart:

lizann
06-01-2021, 23:10
bad again in europe so many new stronger variants

Perdita
16-01-2021, 15:05
In Spain, numbers rising are scary.... despite more restrictions... curfew now from 10pm to 6am, NO socialising at all unless you live in the same household .. if I want to meet my friends for a meal, we have to sit at different tables about 3 metres apart ... and outside only and the venues are only allowed 75% capacity. In my village that means 3 tables outside for most. No point in going anywhere but take-aways are allowed so some support of the local businesses is possible.

lizann
16-01-2021, 20:19
i had a test today fingers crossed for negative, have pains, migraine and sniffles only

lizann
17-01-2021, 17:31
no covid detected thank god must have a cold or flu

parkerman
17-01-2021, 19:51

Great news, lizann.

Perdita
17-01-2021, 20:06

Great news, get better real soon

parkerman
18-01-2021, 08:16
Sounds good to me: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55698132

Siobhan
18-01-2021, 09:18
I am really worried that this is not going to be over til near end of the year and once again I don't get to go to Ireland. We didn't order enough vaccines here in german so I am looking at July or later before I can get one. I haven't been home in since April 2018. I miss my family so much

Perdita
18-01-2021, 13:43
Spain going into total lockdown again. Bars will close from tomorrow, not allowed to leave city borders and restaurants can do take-outs and deliveries only. :(

lizann
18-01-2021, 15:39
i hope all countries will be vaccinated by this year's end

parkerman
03-02-2021, 17:37
Hooray! Got a date for my first vaccination. 9 February.

lizann
03-02-2021, 20:25
ive to go for another test, bad headaches and cough now

Siobhan
04-02-2021, 07:21
ive to go for another test, bad headaches and cough now fingers crossed for you xxx

Perdita
04-02-2021, 11:36
ive to go for another test, bad headaches and cough now

Hope all will be well

parkerman
04-02-2021, 11:49
Hooray! Got a date for my first vaccination. 9 February.
I've also got a date for my second, which is 28 April. They say it takes three weeks from the 2nd jab to be fully protected. I have just realised that three weeks to the day after my second jab is my birthday. What a birthday present, eh!

lizann
05-02-2021, 00:11
i tested positive today not feeling great, weak and got a bad cough

parkerman
05-02-2021, 00:34

Oh dear, lizann. So sorry to hear that. Let's hope it's just a mild dose and you're feeling fighting fit again soon.

Pantherboy
05-02-2021, 03:58

Sorry to hear your news lizann & I echo parkerman?s comments. I wish you a speedy recovery. Do you have to take any specific meds to combat the virus?

lizann
06-02-2021, 09:45
had to go to hospital for low oxygen in blood

Perdita
06-02-2021, 11:07
had to go to hospital for low oxygen in blood

I am so sorry lizann, are you still there or can you get oxygen at home? I pray that you will get better real soon. xx

lizann
06-02-2021, 14:13
I am so sorry lizann, are you still there or can you get oxygen at home? I pray that you will get better real soon. xx

I'll be in for a bit, its safer for me

Siobhan
07-02-2021, 15:56
i tested positive today not feeling great, weak and got a bad cough Hope you get better soon.. we are all here for you in spirit to support you

parkerman
07-02-2021, 17:48
The snow caused all vaccinations to be cancelled at my centre today. The weather forecast is for more snow. My vaccination is due on Tuesday......

Perdita
07-02-2021, 18:12
I'll be in for a bit, its safer for me

Thinking of you, please let us know how you are doing ... praying ...

Perdita
07-02-2021, 18:13
The snow caused all vaccinations to be cancelled at my centre today. The weather forecast is for more snow. My vaccination is due on Tuesday......

Hope it gets a bit warmer for snow to melt --stay safe

lizann
07-02-2021, 21:29
thank ye all feeling better and getting stronger

parkerman
08-02-2021, 09:54
My appointment has just been cancelled.....

Perdita
08-02-2021, 10:47
My appointment has just been cancelled.....

Hopefully you get a new appointment soon.

parkerman
08-02-2021, 11:11
Hopefully you get a new appointment soon.

I've been told the booking website won't be releasing any more dates in my area until Wednesday....Oh well....

Perdita
08-02-2021, 11:20
I've been told the booking website won't be releasing any more dates in my area until Wednesday....Oh well....

Fingers crossed you are on that list

parkerman
08-02-2021, 12:28
Just been able to rebook. This Friday at 7:20 p.m. Hope the weather improves by then!

Siobhan
08-02-2021, 17:45
Just been able to rebook. This Friday at 7:20 p.m. Hope the weather improves by then! We have shocking weather here.. my car door was frozen shut. Luckily we can't go anywhere due to lockdown.

Perdita
08-02-2021, 19:49
We have shocking weather here.. my car door was frozen shut. Luckily we can't go anywhere due to lockdown.

I remember those days well when I lived in Germany .. one reason I live in Spain as it gets cold in winter but no frost or snow and days are usually still mild and mainly sunny. I believe that I have coped with lockdown reasonably well because of that .. Things will get better, please just hang on in there guys that find it hard to cope .. there is much help available, please make use of it if you need it .. and I know if you want to vent here there will always be somebody listening :heart:

lizann
08-02-2021, 21:14
Just been able to rebook. This Friday at 7:20 p.m. Hope the weather improves by then!

I hope you get it and all goes well

I'm feeling stronger lowering oxygen levels

Siobhan
09-02-2021, 07:16
I'm feeling stronger lowering oxygen levels this is great to hear. Hope you have a fully recovery

lizann
12-02-2021, 13:15
im home now, still a bit weak but improving, it a tough virus

parkerman
12-02-2021, 20:27

Good to hear you are home, lizann. Hopefully the improvement will continue.

I had my vaccination today.

Pantherboy
12-02-2021, 21:11

Glad to hear it lizann. Make sure you take it easy for a while, till you get your strength back.

lizann
12-02-2021, 23:41

how are you?

parkerman
13-02-2021, 00:22
how are you?

I'm fine thank you.

Perdita
13-02-2021, 05:41

Take it easy and make a full recovery soon

lizann
21-02-2021, 16:12
my back is killing me but doing better otherwise

lizann
21-02-2021, 16:13

how are you and which vaccine did you get?

parkerman
21-02-2021, 18:10
how are you and which vaccine did you get?

Pleased to hear you are feeling better, lizann.

I had the AstraZeneca jab. I am fine. Never really felt any effects.

Still two weeks to go before it fully takes effect. They reckon it's 22 days. Then, of course, I have to have my booster. Booked in for 2 May.

Pantherboy
21-02-2021, 21:45
my back is killing me but doing better otherwise

Glad to hear you are doing better lizann. Do you still have to take any medication?

lizann
21-02-2021, 23:51
Glad to hear you are doing better lizann. Do you still have to take any medication?

yes antibiotics

lizann
25-04-2021, 17:13
got first dose of pfizer vaccine, feel ok

parkerman
02-05-2021, 17:04
I had my second dose of A-Z today. I had it done at Clacton Hospital which is designated a "Mass Vaccination Centre". There was one nurse on duty! Interesting definition of mass!

However, I do have to say, it was all dealt with very professionally and efficiently.

lizann
02-05-2021, 20:26
the health workers everywhere are doing their best, poor india having it bad now and it produces vaccines for export, all about the money

Perdita
21-05-2021, 04:06
Had my first jab yesterday, Astra Zenica, feel absolute crap today, arm is ready to drop off it hurts so much, bruise showing and I am not looking forward to second one in August :( Hope it does not last for long ...

parkerman
21-05-2021, 08:35
Had my first jab yesterday, Astra Zenica, feel absolute crap today, arm is ready to drop off it hurts so much, bruise showing and I am not looking forward to second one in August :( Hope it does not last for long ...

So sorry to hear that, Perdy. But, even that is better than getting COVID.

Perdita
21-05-2021, 11:51
So sorry to hear that, Perdy. But, even that is better than getting COVID.

Absolutely, parkerman, I am taking paracetamol and ibuprofen and have given myself permission to stay in bed all day to rest and I am sure I will be just fine again in a day or two :)

lizann
21-05-2021, 20:41

hope it dont last long and you feel better soon

Perdita
22-05-2021, 10:31
hope it dont last long and you feel better soon

Thank you, arm still very sore but otherwise feel a lot better again

parkerman
22-05-2021, 11:04
Thank you, arm still very sore but otherwise feel a lot better again

Good to hear you're feeling a lot better, Perdy.

Siobhan
24-05-2021, 14:48
Had my first jab yesterday, Astra Zenica, feel absolute crap today, arm is ready to drop off it hurts so much, bruise showing and I am not looking forward to second one in August :( Hope it does not last for long ... Everyone I know who has had Astra has felt this way the next day.. It doesn't last long.. I heard the second jab is not Astra but a different one as it offers much better protection. I am not sure if that is case everywhere but in Germany if your 1st jab is Astra then you get Moderna as your second one. I still haven't got any appointment and I can't even start to go on waiting list yet.

Perdita
24-05-2021, 17:25
Everyone I know who has had Astra has felt this way the next day.. It doesn't last long.. I heard the second jab is not Astra but a different one as it offers much better protection. I am not sure if that is case everywhere but in Germany if your 1st jab is Astra then you get Moderna as your second one. I still haven't got any appointment and I can't even start to go on waiting list yet.

I will get Astra again, unless they change their minds in Spain, second jab due in August. Still feel pretty bad, arm a bit sore still but better than it was, but still tired and flu like symptoms unless I take paracetamol. I understand that symptoms after second jab are worse, God help me feeling like this in August :( Sorry you still have to wait, Siobhan, guess it is due to the age group you are in. Hope you get your vaccination soon

parkerman
24-05-2021, 17:48
Everyone I know who has had Astra has felt this way the next day.. It doesn't last long.. I heard the second jab is not Astra but a different one as it offers much better protection. I am not sure if that is case everywhere but in Germany if your 1st jab is Astra then you get Moderna as your second one. I still haven't got any appointment and I can't even start to go on waiting list yet.

Not everyone, Shiv. I had AZ and had no adverse reaction at all for either dose.

Over here, you get whatever you got for your first jab in your second jab. They are carrying out tests to see if it is better, the same or worse to get something different.

lizann
25-05-2021, 00:40
my 2nd dose of pfizer was delayed as on antibiotics again for an infection

Perdita
25-05-2021, 04:11

Get better soon

parkerman
25-05-2021, 09:48
Get better soon

Here here.

lizann
25-05-2021, 10:14
thanks i dont feel too bad just feel im a junkie on loads of tablets

Perdita
25-05-2021, 18:55
thanks i dont feel too bad just feel im a junkie on loads of tablets

Awww sorry Lizann, I am feeling much better now, still get flu like symptoms strangely at midday and wee bit tired but arm is not so painful as it was. I have a friend who said what you said .. said if you shake me, I am going to rattle .. He was fine until a couple of months ago.. he is 82 years old but has been diagnosed with terminal cancer .. due to covid restrictions here I have not been able to see him since February or early March .. he does not want to see anyone now because of being so ill .... we had so many disagreements but I really would like to see him again one last time but have to respect his feelings .. :(

lizann
26-05-2021, 01:06
Awww sorry Lizann, I am feeling much better now, still get flu like symptoms strangely at midday and wee bit tired but arm is not so painful as it was. I have a friend who said what you said .. said if you shake me, I am going to rattle .. He was fine until a couple of months ago.. he is 82 years old but has been diagnosed with terminal cancer .. due to covid restrictions here I have not been able to see him since February or early March .. he does not want to see anyone now because of being so ill .... we had so many disagreements but I really would like to see him again one last time but have to respect his feelings .. :(

the cut off isolation for some has been hard

i hope you get to see him and he is comfortable

Perdita
26-05-2021, 06:52
the cut off isolation for some has been hard

i hope you get to see him and he is comfortable

His partner is looking after him as best as she can and they now have the local cancer charity involved who helps with transport to hospital and translating services and palliative care has now been put in place too. I think his partner wants to look after him as long as she can at home, I doubt he will change his mind about being seein, does not even want his family come over from UK. :(

tammyy2j
28-05-2021, 22:05
How is everyone? I got my first dose and I am feeling alright

Perdita
29-05-2021, 05:28
How is everyone? I got my first dose and I am feeling alright

Good for you. I still do not feel 100% right and my arm is still very sore.

lizann
04-06-2021, 23:46

finally got it today, feel ok surprisingly

parkerman
05-06-2021, 09:11
finally got it today, feel ok surprisingly

Good news, lizann. :)

Siobhan
08-06-2021, 19:14
Get my 1st dose of Pfizer on Thursday, 2nd on July 23 through my job. And my husband also get his from his company on same day (he is getting biontec)

parkerman
13-07-2021, 08:09
So, here at the West Cliff Theatre, we were all very excited by the P.M.'s announcement yesterday. We now know that after 19 July, audiences won't have to wear masks, but they should; audiences won't have to socially distance but they should; we could ask the audience to show us their COVID passports, but probably not; as far as future bookings go, restrictions could be back again in the Autumn.

At least we have absolute clarity now...er...

Siobhan
13-07-2021, 18:12
By Sept 9th everyone including my 16 year old son will be fully vaccinate in our house. Super happy as it means we can travel.. Finally can go see my parents

Perdita
14-07-2021, 04:24
My second vaccination has been brought forward by a month .. tomorrow now instead of August. Hope I do not feel so bad again as I did after the first one but glad I will have had it as numbers here in my area are increasing again due to holiday makers

Perdita
17-07-2021, 20:23
Well, had it last Thursday at around 11am, very tired and sore arm in the afternoon, had 2 hours sleep when I got home at midday which is unheard of ... sore arm, some flu like symptoms. Took appropriate medication. Friday still mild flu like symptoms, headache, arm ok, still quite tired. All good this morning, a bit tired but then it is holiday season here and nights in Spain are noisy during holiday season so keep getting woken up a lot. But so glad I feel ok now and not as bad as I did after first jab and so glad I should be protected now from ending up in ICU.

parkerman
18-07-2021, 00:25
Spare a thought for poor old Sajid Javid. He'll miss his own Freedom Day now through having to self-isolate. Still the rest of us can all stop wearing masks and end social distancing, so by the end of the month he probably won't feel so lonely self-isolating.

lizann
29-11-2021, 17:52
so this new variant has landed

Siobhan
29-11-2021, 18:13
so this new variant has landed apparently it might be a good thing. It is very infectious but only mild symptoms. So far nobody in hospital or died from this so it might be the answer to this pandemic. If it really has no deaths then we can go for herd immunity and then only those who want a vaccine will get one like with the flu each year.

lizann
12-12-2021, 13:39
got boostered

Siobhan
05-01-2022, 18:11
Getting my booster tomorrow. My husband sent of a request and he got appointed for the 10th. I applied 4 hours later and got mine for tomorrow

lizann
05-01-2022, 21:36
a friend of mine on life support now from long covid, was fine while having covid mild symptoms then

Perdita
06-01-2022, 04:02
a friend of mine on life support now from long covid, was fine while having covid mild symptoms then

So sorry Lizann, hope they make it :(

alan45
06-01-2022, 10:55
Getting my booster tomorrow. My husband sent of a request and he got appointed for the 10th. I applied 4 hours later and got mine for tomorrow

I rang my GP and was given a date about 10 days ahead. Rang the local Chemist in my village and had it done within 10 minutes of the phone call!.!!

lizann
06-01-2022, 14:04
So sorry Lizann, hope they make it :(

thanks perd, praying and hoping for the best

Siobhan
08-01-2022, 14:55
They gave me moderna this time round.. It knocked me out yesterday. I slept all day. My whole body ached and I sweated so much.. still better than Covid

lizann
21-02-2022, 01:30
queen lizzy has it, must have got from charles, mild cold symptoms

lizann
11-03-2023, 16:07
3 years since worldwide pandemic, all lives lost rest in peace