PDA

View Full Version : Musicals

Abi
22-07-2005, 22:12
Whats your favourite musical?

Mine has to be the Mary Poppins that is up the West End at the minute, cause a friend of mine in a few years below me is playing Jane, and is really good

Note to mods- not sure if this is hte right place, but as acting is an art, and you act in musicals, then i put it here. Feel free to move it though xx

horseygal90
22-07-2005, 22:18
Joseph and His Technicoloured Dreamcoat - My class did it as an assembly in year 4, I got Joseph and I've loved it ever since.

xCharliex
22-07-2005, 22:19
Mama Mia, ive never been so amazed by something in my life, i couldnt keep my eyes off that stage, i was expecting to be singing along to all the songs but i wasn't until the end when they made us get up to dance, i laughed and i cried it was fantastic. Im dying to see Mary Poppins though its one of my favourite films, hopefully ill see it this year

Abi
22-07-2005, 22:22
Well Kitty (my friend whose Jane) is finishing on the 26th August, so go before then!

horseygal90
22-07-2005, 22:26
Also, Fame's amazing, saw it with my friend for her brithday, the atmosphere was electric!

Abi
22-07-2005, 22:29
Yeah, and Grease!

xCharliex
22-07-2005, 22:53
Well Kitty (my friend whose Jane) is finishing on the 26th August, so go before then!

Doubt ill be able to go before then because i know the tickets are fully booked, wow your friends in it, thats fab, i'd much prefer to be in a musical than TV or Film, she must be well talented

samantha nixon
24-07-2005, 15:09
i love all the ones ive seen which include fame, beauty and the beast and lion king

Bad Wolf
24-07-2005, 15:11
not been to the theater in yers but i was greadse and blood brothers at school which were awesome

samantha nixon
24-07-2005, 15:16
i have just done grease at school and it was fantastic but we were all crying on the last night as our music teacher was leaving

.:Kitz:.
24-07-2005, 16:07
The Lion King, it was amazing...............!!!!!

.:Kitz:.
24-07-2005, 16:07
Although our school did Calamity Jane last year, that was quite fun to watch

~*~Leanne~*~
04-09-2005, 19:08
fame and lion king are my fav as they are great

hazey
04-09-2005, 21:05
I loved Mary Poppins thought it was really good.went and saw As you like it not a musical but shakespheare comedy,my friend was the 3 lead along side domminic west now thats what I call a man. :cheer:

Luna
04-09-2005, 21:21
Kiss me Kate and Calamity Jane

hannah-mj
04-09-2005, 21:33
i went to see grease not that long ago and it was fAB!

Luna
04-09-2005, 21:37
i love a the sing-a-long musicals anyone been to one of them?

I went to see the sound of music one and everyone was dressed up and they give you stuff to do when the films on and then word to all the songs are at the bottom.

RealityGap
04-09-2005, 21:39
I managed to see a few in the west end when I stayed in London - loved Sunset Boulevard it was fantastic - also saw Shane Ritchie in Grease :)

hazey
04-09-2005, 21:44
i love a the sing-a-long musicals anyone been to one of them?

I went to see the sound of music one and everyone was dressed up and they give you stuff to do when the films on and then word to all the songs are at the bottom. I went to see the rocky horror show...well for the third time and they give you rice to throw at the wedding every body signs all the songs and I was the only one that wasnt dress up as a one of the cast.

Luna
04-09-2005, 21:46
I went to see the rocky horror show...well for the third time and they give you rice to throw at the wedding every body signs all the songs and I was the only one that wasnt dress up as a one of the cast.

Im going to try and get tickets for that one next time it comes. I never dressed up for sound of music didn't think anyone would but walking up the whole city centre was full of nuns and von trapps lol

RealityGap
04-09-2005, 21:49
I went to see the rocky horror show...well for the third time and they give you rice to throw at the wedding every body signs all the songs and I was the only one that wasnt dress up as a one of the cast.

I love the Rocky Horror show - never dressed up either - but next time am going to!!!

Jessie Wallace
08-10-2005, 23:04
I love musicals, i think my favourite is We Will Rock you, then Chicago, then The Lion King, then Jesus Christ Super Star, i've seen so many i can't really list them all.

angelblue
08-10-2005, 23:12
I absoutley love the theatre and musicals they are fanastic i have seen fame and bombay dreams i loved both of them

I want to see we will rock you mama mia and guys and dolls in the future their are so many i want to see them all :cheer: :cheer:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
09-10-2005, 10:30
Never been to any.. :ninja:

Jessie Wallace
09-10-2005, 22:01
Never been to any.. :ninja:

Aww Spicy, do you not want to or just haven't got round to it.

CrazyLea
10-10-2005, 17:37
i like grease and sound of music :p and i saw starlight express in london once that was well good.

Katy
10-10-2005, 17:48
Guys and Dolls is amazing, and i like my fair lady too. Jekyll and hyde is quite good, and chicago.

samantha nixon
10-10-2005, 18:03
im going to see grease on thursday at the pavillion at southend

Abi
10-10-2005, 20:03
Isn't the Pavillion on hte pier?

samantha nixon
11-10-2005, 18:16
i dont no but that burnt today so i hope its not well im still going as my mum hasnt said were not so

11-10-2005, 18:56
Aww Spicy, do you not want to or just haven't got round to it.
Never got round to it :(

SoapRach
12-10-2005, 12:17
Me and my sis went to see Thouroughly Modern Millie in Southampton on Monday and it was so good - the music was good and the script was really funny. I really want to live in New York in the 1920s now!!!

xlxstaceyxlx
13-10-2005, 13:29
the only stage musical ive been to is grease.it was well good but id love to go and see fame and starlight express.they would have to be top of my list.

ive done grease before on a holiday show in spain and twice in a dancing show. I was a boy lol! it was really good.we also done centre stage,the lion king but i wasnt in them and the little mermaid!!

theyre really good shows!!

oh and ive been to see jack in the beanstalk at glasgows pavillion because my dance teacher was in that!! and so was wee shellsuit bob from rivercity and vaider too!!

SoapRach
13-10-2005, 23:07
Starlight Express is v.v. good. Haven't seen Fame but I really want to.

Next trip is to see Footloose - woo hoo!

samantha nixon
14-10-2005, 18:07
i went to see grease yesterday at the pavilion and it was really good and hayley evett was in it

xlxstaceyxlx
14-10-2005, 23:11
i went to see grease yesterday at the pavilion and it was really good and hayley evett was in it

was it the pavillion in glasgow? Hope you enjoyed it!

Jessie Wallace
14-10-2005, 23:35
Never got round to it :(

You should do, they are very good, well most of them. I want to go see Billy Elliot next.

samantha nixon
15-10-2005, 13:49
was it the pavillion in glasgow? Hope you enjoyed it!

no it was the one at southend

crusty_bap
15-10-2005, 22:40
I saw Blood Brothers twice this week. Its my favourite musical ever now. Im in love with Philip Maggs so much :wub: :wub:

the_watts_rule
07-01-2006, 19:38
Grease is a good muscial!

CrazyLea
07-01-2006, 19:51
I saw Blood Brothers twice this week. Its my favourite musical ever now. Im in love with Philip Maggs so much :wub: :wub:

i read that english, love that story, i would love to see that lol

yeah grease is great!! heeh

bubblegum_fairy
13-01-2006, 17:00
I saw Blood Brothers in the west end... well the Pheoniz yesterday.. love it,
The Narrator is very scary, when he speaks

but i laughed in most of it, well Mickie when he was younger

Abi
04-02-2006, 15:06
I saw The Producers up the West End on Tuesday. It was good, but our seats where so high up and far back, that it felt like we were in outer Mongolia! It was organised through the school, so loads of my mates were there, which made it really good. we obviously went and came back on our own, which was so funny, because my arm kept getting stuck in the doors of the tube, and the bloke kept saying over the speakers to keep INSIDE the carriage. It was histerical.

annaz
11-02-2006, 16:51
My sister went to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang last night. She thought it was brilliant, the car flew into the audience apparently.

Abi
11-02-2006, 18:18
I've seen that. its really good. It doesn't exactly fly into the audience, but pretty close to us. I was on the front row

Rach33
19-02-2006, 18:36
I'm hoping to see either Mamma Mia, Chicago or the Producers for my mum's birthday my treat and I've seen Guys and Dolls with the lovely Nige in it was fabbie and as you can tell from my banna I'm going again on Tuesday

Chloe-Elise
19-02-2006, 19:09
My favourite has to be Mary Poppins, I saw it in London last summer and it was absolutely brilliant :cheer:

Bryan
19-02-2006, 19:23
Theres so many i want to see: Mamma Mia, Chicago, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang etc

the only one ive seen is FAME, when i went to London for a few days back in year8, its a superb musical really gets you out of your seat dancing lol

xTanya
19-03-2007, 22:11
I'm bumping up all the old musical posts here as i'm new and a big musical fan lol.

Well at the moment it is definetly Wicked it's a fabulous show, I have seen loads of shows bit of a musical freak hehe, Guys and Dolls is another fav which I have seen too many times over the past year, we wont' mention how many hehe but I am going to see it in Southampton again in May as Nigel Harman is back in it and he is billiant, it is closing in the west end next month so if you get a chance go see it i'll be sad to see it go.

Abbie
19-03-2007, 22:13
I really wnat to go see loads of musicals which I will do after all my exams, also Im going to chicago is april :D

CrazyLea
19-03-2007, 22:18
I want to see The Sound of Music :p And Wicked, and Guys and Dolls. And there's another but I can't remember what. Sound of Music most though.

Abbie
19-03-2007, 22:19
I also want to go see Beauty and the beast cos Im such a disney freak lol

xTanya
19-03-2007, 22:20
Chicago is cool seen that a fair few times aswell hehe

Luna
20-03-2007, 09:30
Chicago is cool seen that a fair few times aswell hehe

oh going to see that in a couple of weeks is it really as good as the film? Some people ive been talking to said its rubbish :searchme:

xTanya
20-03-2007, 14:53
To be honest it isn't as good as the film, Chicago is my favorite film but the stage show was a bit of a let down but it is a pretty good show, it isn't the worst musical i've seen

Abbie
22-04-2007, 13:54
Okay well I saw Chicago earlier this week and I liked it, I thought it would of been better, but it was really interesting the way they did it. I love the Cell block tango and some of the other numbers they did, but form other songs and the inbeteween bits I was expecting a bit more, like the ending and just little bits. But it was quite good but since I love my musicals and the last one I saw was The Lion King, I have high expectations.

xTanya
22-04-2007, 16:49
Glad you had a good time hun and i'm sure The Lion king would leave you with high expectations I haven't seen it it myself but heard it is fantastic I really want to see it.

I saw Wicked again last night and for me it just keeps getting better if you haven't seen it, it is hard to explain how phenominal it actually is...for me Kerry makes the show her voice is outstanding and she gives me goosebumps when ever she sings.

Footie_Chick
22-04-2007, 17:48
Mama Mia, ive never been so amazed by something in my life, i couldnt keep my eyes off that stage, i was expecting to be singing along to all the songs but i wasn't until the end when they made us get up to dance

I totally agree i went to see it just after christmas in manchester and it was unbelieveable, didn't really know what to expect but as i have grown up on Abba songs through my mum, it was really well done.

Also been to see Grease with Johnathan Wilks and Hayley Evert as Danny and Sandy. Also Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

xTanya
22-04-2007, 17:51
I saw Mamma Mia in London it was ok, it served it's purpose and was alot of fun but it doesn't have the wow factor that so many other shows have.

Footie_Chick
22-04-2007, 17:57
I think it depends on the person who is watching the musical to decide if they like it. I think the wow factor for me was everyone getting up and dancing at the end to the final 3 songs.

Abbie
22-04-2007, 18:36
I saw Wicked again last night and for me it just keeps getting better if you haven't seen it, it is hard to explain how phenominal it actually is...for me Kerry makes the show her voice is outstanding and she gives me goosebumps when ever she sings.

You saw it again! This is so unfair I still havent seen it once

Layne
22-04-2007, 19:43
I LOVE Guys and Dolls - its a great musical - and i'm seeing it again in May :cheer:
I have also seen Joseph & Chicago which are both great :)
Hoping to go and see Wicked and Avenue Q soon though :) Oh and i'm seeing Fame when it tours!

pookie1968uk
22-04-2007, 20:06
i loved beauty and the beast and have seen it twice. i would love to see mary poppins but it hasnt been up to our area yet.

Chloe-Elise
22-04-2007, 20:07
Glad you had a good time hun and i'm sure The Lion king would leave you with high expectations I haven't seen it it myself but heard it is fantastic I really want to see it.

Definitely agree with you there, Kerry Ellis's voice is amazing, especially during Defying Gravity. They are all good, but she is brilliant. You're so lucky to have seen it twice! :)

Abbie
22-04-2007, 20:36
i loved beauty and the beast and have seen it twice.
Im going to see it on my birthday cos its at a theatre close to me :D

xTanya
24-04-2007, 13:37

You saw it again! This is so unfair I still havent seen it once

Sorry to make it all worse but i'm going again tomorrow:cheer: It is starting to become Guys and Dolls all over again as I saw that 15 times and am going 2 in May as the best Sky is back....Nigel Harman for those of you who don't know lol, but Wicked is even better than Wicked and that's saying something coming from me can't wait till tomorrow. Hope you get to go Abbie i'm sure you will do some time.

I can't even decide which song she sings best they are just all too fantastic everyone she sings I get a shivery lol

I would love to see Beauty and the beast

Katy
24-04-2007, 15:46
I've hardly seen any. My little sister is seeing Blood brothers again tomorrow.

Layne
24-04-2007, 19:58
2 in May as the best Sky is back....Nigel Harman

Too right!!!! :thumbsup: Can't wait, i'm off on the 5th may :p

xTanya
24-04-2007, 21:16
I'm going on the 10th then on the 12th but haven't booked yet.

Layne
06-05-2007, 19:08
Guys and Dolls was amazing!!! Shaun was a great Nathan, very comical. And Lysney was goood, but i love Bonnie too much! And I liked Louise as Sarah but for me no one can beat Jenna Russell! And nigel well, best Sky ever, ever, ever :p!
Its such a good musical though, one you can watch over and over again!

Emma-Lou
06-05-2007, 19:36
I am not a huge fan of musicals but i seen Fame my dad got me tickets for Christmas and i thought it was ok ang i am going to see We Will Rock You in June which people say i will like better

Jessie Wallace
06-05-2007, 21:22
I am not a huge fan of musicals but i seen Fame my dad got me tickets for Christmas and i thought it was ok ang i am going to see We Will Rock You in June which people say i will like better

We will Rock You, is amasing, i'm sure you will love it, it's in my opinion the best i've seen, and what's even better is it does use already famous people to bring it's audience in, it does that on it's own merit. :thumbsup:

xTanya
07-05-2007, 00:02
Guys and Dolls is certainly one you can watch over and over....that is obvious by the number of times I have seen it:rotfl: Can't wait to see it again next week:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: so excited about seeing Nigel and Lynsey I know you like Bonnie Layne but for me it's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalways Lyns :D hehe

I expect you will enjoy We Will Rock you more, Fame is a very cheesey musical alot of fun though.

Saw Wicked again last week....just keeps getting better hehe can't wait to see it again :cheer:

Emma-Lou
07-05-2007, 18:41

We will Rock You, is amasing, i'm sure you will love it, it's in my opinion the best i've seen, and what's even better is it does use already famous people to bring it's audience in, it does that on it's own merit. :thumbsup:

Yeah anyone i have asked who has seen it says it really good and i had a look on the internet to see what it is about and it looks really good so i am looking forward to seeing it.

Chloe O'brien
11-05-2007, 22:17
Has anyone seen the stage version of "The Rocky Horror" show I would love to go and see that.

11-05-2007, 23:11
Going to see Billy Elliot with my Drama class and another Drama class in my year sometime before July!!! :D

xTanya
11-05-2007, 23:28
Rocky Horror is very funny, it is so much fun because you get involved and so many people see it on a regular basis and really interact with the performers it is just alot of fun.

Aww Hun Billy is absolutrly fantastic i'm sure you'll love it, the dancing is so amazing. It is funny...but bring your tissues it is pretty sad aswell lol. You may see a friend of mine in it she is starting as one of the ballet girls next month. Hope you have a fab time

Saw Guys and Dolls yesterday which was as fantastic as ever...going again tomorrow hehe can't wait:cheer:

Chloe O'brien
11-05-2007, 23:40
Rocky Horror is very funny, it is so much fun because you get involved and so many people see it on a regular basis and really interact with the performers it is just alot of fun.

Aww Hun Billy is absolutrly fantastic i'm sure you'll love it, the dancing is so amazing. It is funny...but bring your tissues it is pretty sad aswell lol. You may see a friend of mine in it she is starting as one of the ballet girls next month. Hope you have a fab time

Saw Guys and Dolls yesterday which was as fantastic as ever...going again tomorrow hehe can't wait:cheer:

Did you get dresses up I have the video and album of the original film and i'm just curious to know how many go to the stage version dressed in costume

inkyskin
12-05-2007, 08:11
It's a toss up between Grease and Oliver.

JustJodi
12-05-2007, 09:09
I have seen PHANTOM OF THE OPERA...Guys and Dolls..Your a Good Man Charlie Brown, Bye Bye Birdie,Play it again Sam ...:angel:

But these were all American presentations ,,I have yet to see the European versions of any of these plays except on video ,,,:searchme:

xTanya
12-05-2007, 11:58

Did you get dresses up I have the video and album of the original film and i'm just curious to know how many go to the stage version dressed in costume

Yeah I did dress up, most people do so you won't be out of the ordinary some people go absolutely mad....some people wear things allowing you to see stuff you just don't want to:sick: :rotfl: I'm sure you'll have a great time.

inkyskin
12-05-2007, 12:09
Rocky horror show! Damn! I forgot that one! :clap:

xTanya
12-05-2007, 12:12
Rocky horror show! Damn! I forgot that one! :clap:

Lol yeah it is good but deff not one of my favs.

Abigail
20-05-2007, 18:33
Has anyone seen Starlight Express? Its coming to Hull new theatre straight from the West End in June and I want to go see it.

I also want to go see Joseph. Its on at the Adelphi in July. Whats the best seats to go for to get a decent view but without spending too much? And which hotel is the best (and cheapest) to stay in? I live a long way from London so I can't afford to pay too much for a hotel as I'll have travel to pay for as well.

xTanya
20-05-2007, 20:51
Haven't seen Starlight but have heard good things about it.

The Adelphie is a nice theatre, erm probably the best place if you don't want to pay top price is the 2nd price band in the royal circle it will be a better view than the back of the stalls, you may be able to get some deals online you probably don't want to risk last minute if you are travelling far. If you are a student you can get good deals if you can go mid week.

In terms of hotels you can get reasonably cheap hotels in London and you don't need to be really near the theatre as it is quick enough to travel around London you could probably find a travel lodge they might be your best bet.

Abigail
21-05-2007, 11:23
Thanks for that. I've decide to save up and take my mum in November half term (coincides with my birthday :) ) as a special treat/suprise.

http://www.lastminute.com/lmn/multiproduct/lifestyle/accommodation/SearchResults.jhtml?selectedDate=5%2F11%2F2007&location=Adelphi+Theatre%2C+The+Strand%2C+London%2 C+WC2E+7NA&PRODID=505483694&CATID=105988&resetParams=true&_requestid=10189 Could you tell me which of these hotels are closer to the Adelphi? It'll just be me and my mum (possibly my sister) going and we've never been to London before so I don't want to get lost trying to find the hotel lol.

xTanya
21-05-2007, 12:41
I would say your best bet is to be in one near an underground station because once you are on the underground it is easy to get anywhere, I would say your best bet is the holiday Inn Oxford Circus, and to get to the theatre from there you would get on the Oxford circus underground on the Bakerloo line and you just go two stops to Charring Cross which is the nearest station to the theatre.

Hope that helps.

07-07-2007, 17:42
I'd seen my first ever musical a few weeks ago, Billy Elliot! And boy was it good! I wouldn't mind seeing it again and I would like to go and see some others but sadly my parents aren't really into musicals so yeah maybe when I'm older with a few mates or something!

xTanya
08-07-2007, 18:23
Billy was a good start...it's such a fantastic show the kids are amazing I know one of the ballet girls actually lol.

I had quite a musical filled week last week Monday Wicked Wednesday Wicked Matinee and We Will Rock You in the evening Drowsey Chaparone Friday and Wicked again last night lol so yes a rather good theatre week

Abigail
31-10-2007, 17:09
London Theatre Guide is currently listing a show called "Potted Potter - The Unofficial Harry Experience" which is due to open at the Trafalgar Studios 2 Theatre in the West End on December 17th. The show promises "endless costumes, songs, ridiculous props and a little magic, with a special appearance from a very frightening fire-breathing dragon, and even a game of Quidditch involving the audience". It will use elements from all seven of the books and condense them into a sixty minute performace.

The production, which is performed entirely by two people, appears to be aimed at children aged six and above, and will run until January 5th 2008.

http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/cgi-bin/search.cgi?mytemplate=tp2&method=all&event1=POTTED&00theatre=Trafalgar

Layne
19-12-2007, 21:22
I saw adeverts for that-sounds like a laugh.
Anyway, saw WICKED today and it was AWESOME.
Honestly the best thing ive seen ever, we were sat in the dress circle but it was still amazing, i want to go again.
And Kerry Ellis :wub:

Layne
10-07-2008, 15:10
Feel the need to share - Saw Lord of the Rings last night :)

Abbie
10-07-2008, 21:52
Was it good :)?

Bad Wolf
10-07-2008, 22:17
dont know if this counts we are going to see mama mia the film tomorrow - it looks fan-bloody-tastic!!!

Abbie
10-07-2008, 22:32
dont know if this counts we are going to see mama mia the film tomorrow - it looks fan-bloody-tastic!!!

I want to see that :cheer:

Kirsty :]
10-07-2008, 22:50
Of the 3 I've seen (Billy Elliot, Wicked and Hairspray) I can't exactly choose a favourite because they were all amazing!

I want to see Joseph (a girl from my dance class is in it) Blood Brothers, WWRY, and I want to see the 3 I've seen again ahah.
I think I need to win the lottery.

samantha nixon
10-07-2008, 22:54
;585982']Of the 3 I've seen (Billy Elliot, Wicked and Hairspray) I can't exactly choose a favourite because they were all amazing!

I want to see Joseph (a girl from my dance class is in it) Blood Brothers, WWRY, and I want to see the 3 I've seen again ahah.
I think I need to win the lottery.

Blood Brothers is amazing, I have seen it twice and it doesnt matter how many times you see it, it is still as good, I wanna see it again

I also wanna see high school musical, as it sounds really good, my mate saw it saturday as he sister is in it and she said it was really good

I havent seen a musical for ages, the last one i saw was wicked and that was on halloween

Bad Girls is the best one i have seen though, loved it

I'm going to see this aswell tomorrow, im not that interested in the storyline lol, i just love the songs, hopefully ill like the storyline aswell though lol

10-07-2008, 22:58
havent seen a musical for ages, the last one i saw was wicked and that was on halloween

:eek: :eek: :eek: That was when I saw Wicked too!!!

.. However I went to see the matinee performance and was surrounded by kids as we booked to go see it when there was a schools thing going on.

samantha nixon
10-07-2008, 23:03
;585985']
havent seen a musical for ages, the last one i saw was wicked and that was on halloween

.. However I went to see the matinee performance and was surrounded by kids as we booked to go see it when there was a schools thing going on.

I was one of the schools lol, it was that they gave out a certain amount of free tickets to certain schools, and then there was a talk after with the cast

10-07-2008, 23:08
;585985']

I was one of the schools lol, it was that they gave out a certain amount of free tickets to certain schools, and then there was a talk after with the cast

:eek: Never!! Oh wow! That's strange. Yeahhh I didn't stay for the talk. I felt so out of place like I was intruding so I jsut scurried out lol..and they gave out free hats!!!! :D :thumbsup:

samantha nixon
10-07-2008, 23:37
Yeah, I think ive still got mine somwhere, i know i brought it home with me, not sure where i put it, except my dog wore it when i got in lol, the talk was quite good it sisnt last very long

10-07-2008, 23:40
Haha, we found like 2 so brought them home and put them away for my cousin and sister for halloween lol. Mines on top of my wardrobe... being dusty! Haha

samantha nixon
10-07-2008, 23:42
Yeah quite a few people left theres behind on the seat, i dont get why they didnt take them

di marco
11-07-2008, 08:08
ive seen quite a few musicals as my mum and gran really enjoy them so we normally go as a family, and its good as well cos of all my dancing/drama/performing arts stuff. the first musical i saw was cats when i was about 5 cos i was doing it at dancing so my parents took us to see it as theyd seen it before and really enjoyed it (i saw it again a few years later too). ive also seen joseph, mama mia, we will rock you, grease, the king and i, beauty and the beast, the lion king (twice as i went for stage management last year), chitty chitty bang bang, mary poppins, doctor dolittle (twice cos the first time we went some of the special effects/set werent working so we got free tickets to go again!), chicago (when i was in new york), starlight express, billy elliot (for my 18th bday), footloose, and i saw phantom of the opera in southend. the last one i saw was lord of the rings at the end of may. i dont know which one i enjoyed best cos i enjoyed them all! :D the lion king is amazing though, the costumes are really good! :) when i was in year 10 my performing arts group went to see les miserables but i didnt go cos my mum said it would work out cheaper if i didnt go with the school, still havent actually seen it though! the next ones i wanna see are dirty dancing and wicked

di marco
11-07-2008, 08:08
Feel the need to share - Saw Lord of the Rings last night :)

i saw that at the end of may :) did you enjoy it?

11-07-2008, 16:00
Oohhh I've seen Starlight Express too! It's amazing isn't it?
I've seen Thoroughly Modern Millie, Fosse and 42nd Street too (girl in dancing was in that again) I need to see more! :D

Layne
11-07-2008, 17:14
I did, i really enjoyed LOTR. I think some of the acting could have been better, but i thought it was an amazing show. Not too many songs - which i thought was good because i did think Lord of the Rings the musical would have been really strange. The set and the stage :eek: WOW, i think everyone needs to see it just to take in that - awesome. I think the whole thing was put together really well and to condense 3 like 3 hour films into one 3 hour show was good :)
I really enjoyed it, but then again i enjoyed the films. My friend never was really into the films and therefore didn't enjoy the musical as much.
I think it was great and im glad i saw it before it closes.

di marco
11-07-2008, 19:41
;586098']Oohhh I've seen Starlight Express too! It's amazing isn't it?

i cant really remember much of it cos i saw it ages ago, but i thought it was really amazing how they can dance wearing rollerskates!

di marco
11-07-2008, 19:45
I did, i really enjoyed LOTR. I think some of the acting could have been better, but i thought it was an amazing show. Not too many songs - which i thought was good because i did think Lord of the Rings the musical would have been really strange. The set and the stage :eek: WOW, i think everyone needs to see it just to take in that - awesome. I think the whole thing was put together really well and to condense 3 like 3 hour films into one 3 hour show was good :)
I really enjoyed it, but then again i enjoyed the films. My friend never was really into the films and therefore didn't enjoy the musical as much.
I think it was great and im glad i saw it before it closes.

glad you enjoyed it :) we werent gonna see it yet but then we found out it was finishing in july so we booked it up quick lol! i agree about the set, i loved the way they made the stage look like a huge tree! and i think it was easier to understand than the films. the only thing i thought wasnt as good was i didnt think the orcs were that scary (apart from when they were in the audience!) but me and my sis really want some of those springy legs they had lol! they used them in the lion king too and they look so fun! :D

Siobhan
14-07-2008, 10:43
I went to my first LIVE musical last week.. Starlight express in Germany.. it was totally amazing and I have fab seats... Loved it

Jessie Wallace
14-07-2008, 13:01
I went to my first LIVE musical last week.. Starlight express in Germany.. it was totally amazing and I have fab seats... Loved it

I went to see that in Brighton, loved it. The first show i'd seen that wasn't in London's west end. People say the only place to go see them is in the west end. But that was just as good if not better and half the price as well, and half the price to get to the venue too.

Abbie
14-07-2008, 13:03
Sounds great :D Ive always wanted to see that musical

01-08-2008, 21:59
OMG :D My second musical to see.. Finally!
I am going to see 'Into the Hoods' and George Sampson is going to be in it :D Woooooooo! :cheer: I can't wait!!!!! Going with one of my older cousins and 2 fam friends so it's going to be soooo good! :D

di marco
02-08-2008, 14:35
OMG :D My second musical to see.. Finally!
I am going to see 'Into the Hoods' and George Sampson is going to be in it :D Woooooooo! :cheer: I can't wait!!!!! Going with one of my older cousins and 2 fam friends so it's going to be soooo good! :D

i havent heard of that one, whats it about? hope you have a good time :)

StarsOfCCTV
03-08-2008, 10:13
Im going to see the sound of music. With Simon Maccorkindale as Captain Von Trapp :D Four rows from the front woo :p Its in October, cant wait :p

Abbie
11-10-2008, 16:43
I saw Cabaret the other night! :D wow! Although it has a lot of adult content in, I mean nakedness and bum slapping! BUt it has Wayne sleep in :) and Sam from Id do anything. I thought she was brillant, her singing was wow!