PDA

View Full Version : More blasts in London

Abi
21-07-2005, 14:08
From BBC News

Dummy explosions using detonators only have sparked the evacuation of three Tube stations and the closure of three lines, a BBC correspondent has said.
Police cordoned off large areas around Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush Tube stations.

Emergency services also attended an incident on a route 26 bus in Hackney Road in Bethnal Green.

Police in London say they are not treating the incidents on the underground as "a major incident yet".

The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Victoria Line and the Hammersmith and City.

An eyewitness at Oval station said there had been a small bang, and a man had then run off when the Tube reached the station.

Police have set up cordons round the stations

Sosiane Mohellavi, 35, was travelling from Oxford Circus to Walthamstow when she was evacuated from a train at Warren Street.

"I was in the carriage and we smelt smoke - it was like something was burning. "Everyone was panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

But a BBC reporter outside Warren Street station said there was no sign of smoke outside

Debs
21-07-2005, 15:03
just heard. how awful. makes me not want to ever go ona bus or train again. really makes you feel like you cant trust anyone

Keating's babe
21-07-2005, 15:19
I travel in to London and it's hard not to worry, but you cannot let these terrorists (I have more apt names for them) win.

It has not been fully confirmed what has happened today but I hear that there has been reports of an incident on a bus in Hackney. :angry:

I have full admiration for the tube/train and bus drivers. To carry on working with the threat of this over them must be really hard.

$sTaCeY$
21-07-2005, 15:21
this is very worrying knowing that wherever you go there could be a bomb, hopefully they will find the person who is behind this

Keating's babe
21-07-2005, 15:24
I hope they do catch all the people behind the attacks. But they also need to get rid of the people who are publically praising the 7/7 attacks.

Bad Wolf
21-07-2005, 15:27
they have arrested someone in whitehall........

Treacle
21-07-2005, 15:28
It's absolutely disgraceful.

Debs
21-07-2005, 15:48
they have arrested someone in whitehall........

yeah was just watching that!

Abi
21-07-2005, 18:04
I live just on the outskirts of London, and it is very scary. Me, my family and Friends spend loads of time shopping in Oxford Street, at Mueums and in the Parks, so we're constantly ont he go on Buses and Trains. We're trying to not make this stop us, but its incredibly scary. Lots of people dont go into Central anymore, and its stopping tourists coming. Just this is making small Hotels which people i know own go down the drain, as they dont get as much buisness. All this stuff, just to get revenge on people who might not have wanted all this stuff in Iraq to even happen.

Thankfully, no one in know was in the trains or on any buses, but my sister is in London now. Her boyfriends passport expired a week ago, and they are going to Morroco in two weeks, so obviously he needs to get it renewed- and quick. They've gone to the passport agency in London Victoria to get it sorted, and went by train. She's worried about coming home now, because that means another trip on the train

$sTaCeY$
21-07-2005, 18:08
they said that only 1 person was injured

true.moon
21-07-2005, 18:09
it so terrible and sad

hazey
21-07-2005, 22:42
they said that only 1 person was injured It was the one that was carring the bag that had explosives in that got injured, not a human being !!!!