PDA

View Full Version : Neighbours 35th Anniversary Spoilers 2020

Pantherboy
24-11-2019, 23:24
Neighbours confirms 9 returnees for 35th Anniversary. Digital Spy article:

Neighbours confirms nine returnees for 35th anniversary celebrations
"It’s all very special and the storyline is awesome."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a29932030/neighbours-35th-anniversary-melissa-bell-stephanie-mcintosh/

March 2020 will mark the 35th anniversary of iconic Australian soap Neighbours, and you just know that the show is going to do something special for the occasion.

Although March is still a while away, it has already been confirmed that a whole host of Neighbours legends will be returning to Ramsay Street.

The list includes (deep breath): Stephanie McIntosh (Sky Mangel), Bruce Samazan (Mark Gottlieb), Melissa Bell (Lucy Robinson), Olympia Valance (Paige Smith) and Paul Keane (Des Clarke).

Andrew Morley (Jack Callahan), Annie Jones (Jane Harris), Damien Bodie (Dylan Timmins) and Scott McGregor (Mark Brennan) will also be making a return.

Yep, that's nine icons coming back to the show for the major milestone. And if that weren't enough, Denise Van Outen will be adding to the celebrations when her character Prue Wallace returns on-air in March in scenes she filmed earlier this year.

In a statement (via TV Tonight), McIntosh said: "I am thrilled to be back on Ramsay Street, at my old stomping ground to celebrate such a great milestone, it truly is a lovely honour to be invited back.

"I can’t wait for fans of the show to see what Sky has been up to and to have the opportunity to reconnect with her, as will I!

"It’s all very special and the storyline is awesome, remaining true and authentic to who Sky has been and is!"

Bell added: "I love what I do, I’m still very passionate about acting and it’s great to see the character evolving – like we all do in life.

"I have returned a number of times now, I’m probably the most consistent character to reappear which is quite an honour!

"I was really interested in seeing how the character has grown and I’m also in a different space in my own personal life, so I was really excited to be invited back.

"I don’t want to give anything away but I absolutely love the storyline, it’s brilliant."

While the producers are keeping quiet about the storylines planned, they have promised there will be romance, reminiscing, reprisals, scores settled, long-time secrets revealed, as well lots of laughs amongst all the drama.

Executive Producer of Neighbours, Jason Herbison, said: “Neighbours has a reputation for going big with our anniversary milestones and the 35th will be no exception.

"We’re thrilled to be joined by an honour-roll of returnees, chosen to represent a cross section of past eras of the show.

"Together we’re in the midst of filming our most ambitious storylines ever and I can’t wait for viewers to see what we have in store.”

Neighbours airs every weekday at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

And some related stories:

Melissa Bell, Stephanie McIntosh for Neighbours 35th anniversary

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/11/melissa-bell-stephanie-mcintosh-for-neighbours-35th-anniversary.html

Bruce Samazan talks his Neighbours return and beloved character Mark Gottlieb
He's not the only star making a surprise comeback!

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/neighbours-mark-gottlieb-bruce-samazan-return-60448

Olympia Valance, Stephanie McIntosh and more return to Ramsay Street for Neighbours' 35th Anniversary
Erinsborough's never been so busy...

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/neighbours-cast-return-35th-anniversary-60453

Pantherboy
24-11-2019, 23:59
Also in 2020, Deborra-Lee Furness (aka Mrs Hugh Jackman), will be directing an adoption based storyline in Neighbours. News.com.au article:

Deborra-Lee Furness on her surprising return to Australian TV screens
She’s an Australian entertainment veteran who has found success overseas – but now she’s making a surprising return to our TV screens.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/deborralee-furness-on-her-surprising-return-to-australian-tv-screens/news-story/03669d91115be11725db48ad9956e713

"EXCLUSIVE

Everybody needs a neighbour like Deborra-Lee Furness (aka Mrs Hugh Jackman).

She’s understanding, funny, self-deprecating, is fiercely protective of her family and friends, and has made a career out of fighting injustice. She’s pretty much the perfect blend.

But not content with spending the last decade lobbying government after government for change in adoption legislation via her charity, Adopt Change, Furness is now set to use one of Australia’s longest-running soaps as a platform to raise public awareness of the horrific state of adoption in the country.

Oh, and in case you didn’t get it, the “neighbours” bit in our intro was a hint.

“I’m going to direct a block of Neighbours in which they’ll be highlighting adoption through some of the regular characters,” Furness tells news.com.au exclusively. “And I’m thrilled. We’ll likely have more impact through a soap opera that people engage with, plus as an artist, it’s a great way for me to tell stories and to get the message out.”

The details remain TBC at this point and are very much still in the initial planning stages, plus – as Furness freely admits – she’s not great with the minutiae.

“I’m a big picture person – I’m not good with details,” she says. “But I’m having a powwow tomorrow with the team in Australia to work out the nuances of how we’ll tell the reality of what’s involved in adoption, before flying down in March to shoot. I’ll be there for a month all up.”...………………………………… …………."

Pantherboy
28-11-2019, 21:14
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Stefan Dennis drops hints about "explosive" 35th anniversary storyline
"Dramatic, suspenseful, twisty."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a30045747/neighbours-35th-anniversary-stefan-dennis/

Neighbours star Stefan Dennis has teased the upcoming 35th anniversary storyline, calling it "one of the most dramatic, suspenseful, twisty, and explosive" in the show's history.

To mark the occasion, the Australian soap is bringing back several familiar faces, and Dennis – who plays Paul Robinson – told Digital Spy that viewers should be very excited to see what's in store come March 2020.

"I'm really not allowed to say anything," he said. "The only thing I can tell you is, it's probably one of the most dramatic, suspenseful, twisty, and explosive storylines that there has been on Neighbours.

"And I know that we always say that when a big storyline is coming up – but hang on to your hats and your seats for this one."

The stars returning to Ramsay Street so far include Stephanie McIntosh, Bruce Samazan, Melissa Bell, Olympia Valance, Paul Keane, Andrew Morley, Annie Jones, Damien Bodie, and Scott McGregor.

"I'm working with Annie Jones (who plays Jane Harris) at the moment, and it's just a delight," Dennis shared, saying that he's excited for everybody returning.

"Probably one of the people I'm most looking forward to coming back is Paul Keane (Des Clarke). He's a dear friend. We lost contact for a long time. We sort of regained it a few years ago, it's just fantastic.

"Bruce Samazan (Mark Gottlieb), he was a regular character on the show but that was during the 12 years that I was away. So I never actually worked with Bruce. But I'm working with him now and he's fantastic.

"And somebody else I'm really excited about coming back is Stephanie McIntosh, who plays Skye. I haven't seen Steph since she went to America."

When asked if there's anybody else who he would love to see back, Dennis said that Mark Little is one former star he often has in mind.

"I've always said that I'd love to see Joe Mangel back," he said. "I always love Mark Little and his character. He's one who I always say I'd love to see come back."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 12.50pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Pantherboy
19-12-2019, 21:37
Firstly, Merry Christmas everyone (from a very hot & smokey Sydney!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRzhd3eUyO8

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours lines up special one-night live event for 35th anniversary
Christmas has come early in Erinsborough!

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a30281975/neighbours-35th-anniversary-one-night-live-event/

Christmas has come early for Neighbours fans, as the popular Aussie soap is planning a very special live event to celebrate its upcoming 35th anniversary.

Switching festive preparations for birthday party plans, Maple Tree Entertainment and Fremantle Media have announced they will be bringing some of Ramsay Street's most beloved residents to London for Neighbours: Live in Conversation.

To mark 35 years since the iconic soap first hit our screens, the event will bring together a host of special guests – including cast members past and present – to look back at the incredible history of the show.

And who knows, perhaps even the likes of Margot Robbie and Kylie Minogue will be there. We can but hope.

The one-off celebration will give Neighbours fans the chance to share their favourite on-screen moments with stars and fellow viewers alike, and they'll even be given a sneak peek into the future of Erinsborough, too.

The event, which will be held at the London Adelphi Theatre in March next year, will also offer the audience never-before-heard tales from the soap, as well as the opportunity to ask some of their fan-favourite characters their own burning questions.

Tickets for Neighbours: Live in Conversation on Sunday, March 15 will go on sale tomorrow (December 20). For information and bookings, click here.

Mirjam
20-12-2019, 20:18
Merry Xmas to you too from a mild but windy Scotland!

Pantherboy
20-12-2019, 21:48
Merry Xmas to you too from a mild but windy Scotland!

Thanks Mirjam (my in-laws were from Scotland & have many family members over there).

It is going to be a horrific Saturday here, with a 'catastrophic fire warning' issued for the Greater Sydney Region. It is forecast to be 47 degrees Celsius here in the outer western suburb of Penrith (we even get a mention in this news article):

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/roads-closed-as-new-south-wales-faces-catastrophic-fire-risk-police-tell-would-be-travellers-to-stay-at-home/ar-BBYcY51?ocid=spartanntp

Checkout these photos - almost 3 million hectares have been burnt out in NSW since September:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7813045/Haunting-photos-years-Australian-blazes-worse-ever.html

Mirjam
21-12-2019, 08:07
Thanks Mirjam (my in-laws were from Scotland & have many family members over there).

It is going to be a horrific Saturday here, with a 'catastrophic fire warning' issued for the Greater Sydney Region. It is forecast to be 47 degrees Celsius here in the outer western suburb of Penrith (we even get a mention in this news article):

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/roads-closed-as-new-south-wales-faces-catastrophic-fire-risk-police-tell-would-be-travellers-to-stay-at-home/ar-BBYcY51?ocid=spartanntp

Checkout these photos - almost 3 million hectares have been burnt out in NSW since September:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7813045/Haunting-photos-years-Australian-blazes-worse-ever.html

I'm so sorry to hear the news about the devastating bush fires and that they are destroying your country, please stay safe and I am hoping you will get rain soon!

Mother Nature can be so beautiful but so cruel at the same time :( it's breaking my heart seeing the photos and I feel for all your fellow country men and women who have lost all in these fires ������

Perdita
22-12-2019, 04:42

Digital Spy article:

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a30281975/neighbours-35th-anniversary-one-night-live-event/

Christmas has come early for Neighbours fans, as the popular Aussie soap is planning a very special live event to celebrate its upcoming 35th anniversary.

Switching festive preparations for birthday party plans, Maple Tree Entertainment and Fremantle Media have announced they will be bringing some of Ramsay Street's most beloved residents to London for Neighbours: Live in Conversation.

To mark 35 years since the iconic soap first hit our screens, the event will bring together a host of special guests – including cast members past and present – to look back at the incredible history of the show.

And who knows, perhaps even the likes of Margot Robbie and Kylie Minogue will be there. We can but hope.

The one-off celebration will give Neighbours fans the chance to share their favourite on-screen moments with stars and fellow viewers alike, and they'll even be given a sneak peek into the future of Erinsborough, too.

The event, which will be held at the London Adelphi Theatre in March next year, will also offer the audience never-before-heard tales from the soap, as well as the opportunity to ask some of their fan-favourite characters their own burning questions.

Tickets for Neighbours: Live in Conversation on Sunday, March 15 will go on sale tomorrow (December 20). For information and bookings, click here.

I have many friends in Australia, very worried about those in Sydney and NWS and now Adelaide too where some have been evacuated. So far friends in Victoria are not affected by the fires and hopefully that will stay that way. Praying that the fires can get under control soon and that you and your family and friends and everyone else will be safe. xo Merry Christmas :)

lizann
22-12-2019, 16:52
if only scott and charlene would make a return

Ruffed_lemur
23-12-2019, 00:29

Digital Spy article:

Hope all is well for you over there.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! x

Pantherboy
23-12-2019, 04:05
I have many friends in Australia, very worried about those in Sydney and NWS and now Adelaide too where some have been evacuated. So far friends in Victoria are not affected by the fires and hopefully that will stay that way. Praying that the fires can get under control soon and that you and your family and friends and everyone else will be safe. xo Merry Christmas :)

Hope all is well for you over there.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! x

Thanks Perdita. I hope all of your friends remain safe. It seems the fires are everywhere at the moment! Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New year:)

Thanks Ruffed_Lemur. Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year:)

We are ok here - my main worry will be possible power blackouts when it is over 40 degrees!! It is a bit cooler at the moment, but will be back up to the low 40's on the weekend. I have a few family & friends up in the Blue Mountains near the fires. They are ok at the moment, but things can change very quickly with the weather etc. We are supposed to be going up there to a relative's place on Christmas Day, but that will depend now on whether there are road closures & how far the fires have progressed by then. Unfortunately, the 'mega' fires are that huge that really only a lot of rain can put them out now & nothing significant is forecast at the moment (we are in the middle of one of the worst droughts ever recorded here). It is being called 'Black Christmas' & everyone is praying for rain!

Danners9
23-12-2019, 09:42
We are ok here - my main worry will be possible power blackouts when it is over 40 degrees!! It is a bit cooler at the moment, but will be back up to the low 40's on the weekend. I have a few family & friends up in the Blue Mountains near the fires. They are ok at the moment, but things can change very quickly with the weather etc. We are supposed to be going up there to a relative's place on Christmas Day, but that will depend now on whether there are road closures & how far the fires have progressed by then. Unfortunately, the 'mega' fires are that huge that really only a lot of rain can put them out now & nothing significant is forecast at the moment (we are in the middle of one of the worst droughts ever recorded here). It is being called 'Black Christmas' & everyone is praying for rain!

Hope you continue to be okay. I am in Queensland, near-ish to the Tamborine Mountains, but (probably) with enough water nearby to prevent any major problems.

My weather forecast says storms today and tomorrow then at least 3 days of just rain. Rained last night too. It's very welcome but at the same time it's also few weeks too late. At least it should fill up people's tanks and the reservoirs a bit.

Perdita
23-12-2019, 10:07
Hope you continue to be okay. I am in Queensland, near-ish to the Tamborine Mountains, but (probably) with enough water nearby to prevent any major problems.

My weather forecast says storms today and tomorrow then at least 3 days of just rain. Rained last night too. It's very welcome but at the same time it's also few weeks too late. At least it should fill up people's tanks and the reservoirs a bit.

Hope you stay safe and that the drought will come to an end soon.

Perdita
23-12-2019, 17:20
I am praying for all in Australia, I am devastated by the destruction and the size of the fires... Mother Nature at her cruellest right now .. I know too many lives have been lost, properties are destroyed, livestock is no more for some, wildlife gone, some maybe for ever (koalas... I saw reports that 80% of their habitat has been destroyed for good :( )

Pantherboy
13-01-2020, 21:46
Nowtolove.com.au article:

Spoiler alert! What to expect from Neighbours in 2020
Executive producer Jason Herbison gives TV WEEK the scoop on what’s in store on Ramsay Street.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/neighbours-spoilers-2020-62081

Neighbours is celebrating its 35th anniversary in 2020 – what can fans expect?

We're going big with the 35th, with something we've never done before.

While I can't say too much, I can reveal two separate narratives will take place: one warm and nostalgic, the other, high-stakes drama.

The return of characters from the past will help us pull it off.

Paul and Terese married this year – is it smooth sailing from here?

It's Paul [Stefan Dennis] and Terese [Rebekah Elmaloglou] – it will never be smooth sailing!

They're strong and opinionated, which makes them compatible and volatile. But, after such a long journey to become a couple, we're not about to break them up.

What's in store for Karl and Susan?

Karl [Alan Fletcher] and Susan [Jackie Woodburne] will face one of their biggest challenges yet as a result of events that happen around the 35th anniversary.

Karl will also encounter someone he briefly interacted with in the past, with consequences greater than he expects...

There seems to be a love triangle brewing between Bea , Finn [Rob Mills] and Elly [Jodi Anasta].

There absolutely is. Finn's feelings for Elly are rekindling, although he's trying hard to fight them. We are also going to see a change in their living situations.

[B]What now for Kyle and the Cannings after Amy's [Zoe Cramond] departure?

Kyle [Chris Milligan] won't be in a hurry to jump into a new relationship, but the Cannings are going to have a very busy year.

Expect to see a new member of the family introduced in the first half of 2020, which will be particularly challenging.

Are couple Ned and Yashvi moving on after their traumatic break-up?

They make a great couple and we'd love to see them back together.

However, after the trouble Scarlett [Christie Whelan Browne] caused, it won't be easy for Yashvi [Olivia Junkeer] to forgive Ned .

We'll see tension as they explore their ambitions for the future.

[B]David [Takaya Hondo] almost lost his life when his kidneys failed – how does that impact his relationship with Aaron [Matt Wilson] moving forward?

As often happens when someone's health is at risk, the relationship becomes stronger. We'll see them explore their desire to have a family. As a same-sex couple, it won't be easy and will take them down unexpected paths.

Is it all marital bliss for newlyweds Chloe and Pierce?

Chloe [April Rose Pengilly] and Pierce [Tim Robards] rushed to the altar, which will have consequences.

Do they know each other as well as they think? We'll also discover that one of them has a surprise connection to a past Neighbours character – you won't see this one coming!

And a Digital Spy article:

Neighbours to introduce a new Canning family member in 2020
There's a busy year ahead for the family.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a30500067/neighbours-canning-family-new-member-2020/

tammyy2j
14-01-2020, 14:30
Pierce and Lucy?

Pantherboy
30-01-2020, 11:57
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours planning 'a couple of deaths' as 35th anniversary year continues
"There are a number of big storylines coming up."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a30712044/neighbours-deaths-2020-35th-anniversary/

Neighbours is heading into its 35th year, but it looks like there are some characters whose time is running out.

Australia's Channel 10 head of programming Daniel Monaghan offered teases about numerous shows on the channel for the year ahead, and for the long-running soap, he confirmed that there will be a "couple of deaths as per the soap genre".

"It's just started picking up year on year, which is nice, and the summer audience has returned," he told TVTonight.

"We're working closely, of course, with our new friends at Channel 5. There are a number of big storylines coming up, with a couple of deaths as per the soap genre."

He didn't say when the deaths would happen, although the 35th anniversary event is happening in March.

Executive producer Jason Herbison previously said that there will be two main stories taking place for the occasion – "one is warm and nostalgic, the other is high drama".

Meanwhile, Jodi Anasta recently confirmed that she is leaving the role of Elly Conway.

The star, who joined in July 2016, said that she will be moving back to Sydney but did say that she has a "brilliant exit storyline which I'll be filming over the coming months".

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Aussieguy
30-01-2020, 12:11
Hope you stay safe and that the drought will come to an end soon.

As usual in Australia drought was followed by flooding rains especially in QLD. Still floods are much preferable to drought and fires

Rowdydog12
30-01-2020, 18:56
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours planning 'a couple of deaths' as 35th anniversary year continues
"There are a number of big storylines coming up."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a30712044/neighbours-deaths-2020-35th-anniversary/

Neighbours is heading into its 35th year, but it looks like there are some characters whose time is running out.

Australia's Channel 10 head of programming Daniel Monaghan offered teases about numerous shows on the channel for the year ahead, and for the long-running soap, he confirmed that there will be a "couple of deaths as per the soap genre".

"It's just started picking up year on year, which is nice, and the summer audience has returned," he told TVTonight.

"We're working closely, of course, with our new friends at Channel 5. There are a number of big storylines coming up, with a couple of deaths as per the soap genre."

He didn't say when the deaths would happen, although the 35th anniversary event is happening in March.

Executive producer Jason Herbison previously said that there will be two main stories taking place for the occasion – "one is warm and nostalgic, the other is high drama".

Meanwhile, Jodi Anasta recently confirmed that she is leaving the role of Elly Conway.

The star, who joined in July 2016, said that she will be moving back to Sydney but did say that she has a "brilliant exit storyline which I'll be filming over the coming months".

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

ill guess she also has a fling with Gary and ends up moving back to Adelaide with Mark

Pantherboy
31-01-2020, 21:22
Digital Spy article (follow up to previous article):

9 Neighbours characters who could be killed off after deaths teaser
Who's in danger?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a30730500/neighbours-spoilers-who-dies-2020/

Neighbours fans are bracing themselves for more tragedy on Ramsay Street, following the big news that two characters could be killed off this year.

A network boss at Australia's Channel 10, who oversees the soap for the homegrown audience, recently dropped the bombshell that "a couple" of deaths are coming to Erinsborough for the 35th anniversary year. Yikes.

So far, there has been no word on which unlucky characters may not survive the year, but we're rounding up some early guesses on who might be in danger. It's just our speculation, but based on the facts.

1. Elly Conway

Unsurprisingly, Elly is right at the top of our hit list following the recent news that she'll be leaving the show this year. The Erinsborough High schoolteacher is no stranger to dramatic and terrifying situations (at least one every three months) and show bosses have confirmed that she'll have a big role to play in the 35th anniversary episodes.

Jodi Anasta, who plays Elly, confirmed a couple of weeks ago that she had decided to leave Neighbours after more than three years. She promised "a brilliant exit storyline" for Elly – could she have been talking about a classic Neighbours death scene?

2. Finn Kelly

Rob Mills, who plays Finn, is also on the Neighbours leavers' list and is thought to have finished filming with the soap at the end of last year.

Let's face it, Finn's presence on Ramsay Street as a regular character has always irked some fans. A convenient amnesia twist meant that his many crimes went unpunished last year, while viewers had to suspend their disbelief when he moved in with his former arch-nemesis Susan Kennedy.

Finn is still a nice guy at the moment, but Rob has always teased the possibility of his memories returning and him turning evil again. Could this provide a gripping exit plot, culminating in karma intervening by finishing freaky Finn off for good?

3. Zenin Alexio

Neighbours has recently cast former Home and Away star Axle Whitehead in the role of Zenin, the latest in a long line of enemies for beleaguered Ned Willis. Zenin is currently making dark threats against Ned and his girlfriend Yashvi, with the stakes set to get higher in upcoming episodes.

If the show needs a dispensable guest character to be killed off, we reckon Zenin fits the bill perfectly. Could his ongoing campaign of intimidation backfire badly on him? We won't be shedding many tears if it does...

4. Kyle Canning

When Chris Milligan returned to Neighbours in his ever-popular role as Kyle last year, he was suspiciously tight-lipped whenever he was asked how long he'd be sticking around for. The actor originally left the show in 2015 to pursue other opportunities, so fans have often speculated that his current return stint could be short-lived.

With Kyle's love interest Amy now gone and his storylines simmering down just a tad, it'd be no surprise if the writers saw him as an easy target for a Grim Reaper visit.

5. Mark Brennan

Mark has already been killed off once before, but show bosses seemingly regretted their decision and later brought him back from the dead. Could it be second time unlucky for Erinsborough's favourite policeman, though?

Neighbours has announced plans to bring back Mark as a guest for the 35th anniversary celebrations, but Scott McGregor – who plays him – recently told the Courier Mail that these would be his last-ever scenes. Sounds awfully final to us!

Scott explained: "Obviously I love this place and your first instinct is just wanting to say yes, but at the same time I wanted to close the door on that chapter of my life. This time around once I finish up that's definitely closing the chapter."

6. Ned Willis

We're starting to fear that Ned is cursed. First he was stalked and stabbed by sly Scarlett Brady, then he put his life at risk by joining a dangerous fight club, and now he has Zenin giving him hassle. Will he ever catch a break?

The Neighbours writers seem fond of putting Ned in life-or-death situations. After they lulled us into a sense of security by saving him from his previous two disasters, maybe it's third time unlucky?

7. Prue Wallace

Denise van Outen will be returning to Neighbours in time for the 35th anniversary celebrations, having filmed scenes as Prue Wallace last year which are yet to air.

From the little we've seen of her, flighty Prue does seem the type to put herself into dangerous situations without thinking of the consequences. This could potentially put her in the firing line if there's high-stakes drama ahead for the anniversary.

Plus, killing Prue off now could be easier than constantly having to explain why she hardly ever visits her own daughter...

8. Gary Canning

Gary has been part of the Neighbours cast on and off since 2014. The show has lost some of its longer-serving characters in the past year or so due to budget reasons, so these practical and behind-the-scenes considerations alone could mean that Gary has to go. Some of his crime-based and romance stories have also seemed slightly samey, suggesting that the writers haven't always known what to do with him.

Neighbours boss Jason Herbison also recently teased the arrival of a new Canning family member later this year. Could it be a classic Neighbours case of one out, one in?

9. Clive Gibbons

We'd hate to see Clive go, but Neighbours could see a death plot as a sneaky way to kill off a classic character for big-time impact, without losing a regular member of the cast. Fans have seen Clive come and go from Ramsay Street as a recurring character since 2017, when actor Geoff Paine reprised the role after a 28-year absence.

Fans have called for Clive to be made a regular character and to see more of his on-off relationship with Sheila, so we've got our fingers crossed for a happier outcome. Even so, we wouldn't put it past the soap gods to have a more sinister plan...

Aussieguy
01-02-2020, 05:03
Don't think it will be Ellie that would be too much after Aster has already lost her father.

Hopefully Zenin is one of them

Rowdydog12
02-02-2020, 18:37
Digital Spy article (follow up to previous article):

9 Neighbours characters who could be killed off after deaths teaser
Who's in danger?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a30730500/neighbours-spoilers-who-dies-2020/

Neighbours fans are bracing themselves for more tragedy on Ramsay Street, following the big news that two characters could be killed off this year.

A network boss at Australia's Channel 10, who oversees the soap for the homegrown audience, recently dropped the bombshell that "a couple" of deaths are coming to Erinsborough for the 35th anniversary year. Yikes.

So far, there has been no word on which unlucky characters may not survive the year, but we're rounding up some early guesses on who might be in danger. It's just our speculation, but based on the facts.

1. Elly Conway

Unsurprisingly, Elly is right at the top of our hit list following the recent news that she'll be leaving the show this year. The Erinsborough High schoolteacher is no stranger to dramatic and terrifying situations (at least one every three months) and show bosses have confirmed that she'll have a big role to play in the 35th anniversary episodes.

Jodi Anasta, who plays Elly, confirmed a couple of weeks ago that she had decided to leave Neighbours after more than three years. She promised "a brilliant exit storyline" for Elly – could she have been talking about a classic Neighbours death scene?

2. Finn Kelly

Rob Mills, who plays Finn, is also on the Neighbours leavers' list and is thought to have finished filming with the soap at the end of last year.

Let's face it, Finn's presence on Ramsay Street as a regular character has always irked some fans. A convenient amnesia twist meant that his many crimes went unpunished last year, while viewers had to suspend their disbelief when he moved in with his former arch-nemesis Susan Kennedy.

Finn is still a nice guy at the moment, but Rob has always teased the possibility of his memories returning and him turning evil again. Could this provide a gripping exit plot, culminating in karma intervening by finishing freaky Finn off for good?

3. Zenin Alexio

Neighbours has recently cast former Home and Away star Axle Whitehead in the role of Zenin, the latest in a long line of enemies for beleaguered Ned Willis. Zenin is currently making dark threats against Ned and his girlfriend Yashvi, with the stakes set to get higher in upcoming episodes.

If the show needs a dispensable guest character to be killed off, we reckon Zenin fits the bill perfectly. Could his ongoing campaign of intimidation backfire badly on him? We won't be shedding many tears if it does...

4. Kyle Canning

When Chris Milligan returned to Neighbours in his ever-popular role as Kyle last year, he was suspiciously tight-lipped whenever he was asked how long he'd be sticking around for. The actor originally left the show in 2015 to pursue other opportunities, so fans have often speculated that his current return stint could be short-lived.

With Kyle's love interest Amy now gone and his storylines simmering down just a tad, it'd be no surprise if the writers saw him as an easy target for a Grim Reaper visit.

5. Mark Brennan

Mark has already been killed off once before, but show bosses seemingly regretted their decision and later brought him back from the dead. Could it be second time unlucky for Erinsborough's favourite policeman, though?

Neighbours has announced plans to bring back Mark as a guest for the 35th anniversary celebrations, but Scott McGregor – who plays him – recently told the Courier Mail that these would be his last-ever scenes. Sounds awfully final to us!

Scott explained: "Obviously I love this place and your first instinct is just wanting to say yes, but at the same time I wanted to close the door on that chapter of my life. This time around once I finish up that's definitely closing the chapter."

6. Ned Willis

We're starting to fear that Ned is cursed. First he was stalked and stabbed by sly Scarlett Brady, then he put his life at risk by joining a dangerous fight club, and now he has Zenin giving him hassle. Will he ever catch a break?

The Neighbours writers seem fond of putting Ned in life-or-death situations. After they lulled us into a sense of security by saving him from his previous two disasters, maybe it's third time unlucky?

7. Prue Wallace

Denise van Outen will be returning to Neighbours in time for the 35th anniversary celebrations, having filmed scenes as Prue Wallace last year which are yet to air.

From the little we've seen of her, flighty Prue does seem the type to put herself into dangerous situations without thinking of the consequences. This could potentially put her in the firing line if there's high-stakes drama ahead for the anniversary.

Plus, killing Prue off now could be easier than constantly having to explain why she hardly ever visits her own daughter...

8. Gary Canning

Gary has been part of the Neighbours cast on and off since 2014. The show has lost some of its longer-serving characters in the past year or so due to budget reasons, so these practical and behind-the-scenes considerations alone could mean that Gary has to go. Some of his crime-based and romance stories have also seemed slightly samey, suggesting that the writers haven't always known what to do with him.

Neighbours boss Jason Herbison also recently teased the arrival of a new Canning family member later this year. Could it be a classic Neighbours case of one out, one in?

9. Clive Gibbons

We'd hate to see Clive go, but Neighbours could see a death plot as a sneaky way to kill off a classic character for big-time impact, without losing a regular member of the cast. Fans have seen Clive come and go from Ramsay Street as a recurring character since 2017, when actor Geoff Paine reprised the role after a 28-year absence.

Fans have called for Clive to be made a regular character and to see more of his on-off relationship with Sheila, so we've got our fingers crossed for a happier outcome. Even so, we wouldn't put it past the soap gods to have a more sinister plan...

Please be all of them except Clive.

Aussieguy
03-02-2020, 05:58
Don't think it will be Ellie that would be too much after Aster has already lost her father.

Hopefully Zenin is one of them

Actually just had a thought, if Ellie is killed off then Finn heads back to Switzerland with baby Aster. But then on second thought Susan & Karl would probably not let that happen

its.like.that
03-02-2020, 08:07
Finn, Ellie and Aster all and die in an accident.

I think Kyle could be one. Kyle and Finn or Mark and Finn is more likely

Aussieguy
03-02-2020, 09:04
Finn, Ellie and Aster all and die in an accident.

I think Kyle could be one. Kyle and Finn or Mark and Finn is more likely

Honestly I'm getting weary of Neighbours killing off characters willy nilly. It's depressing. We just went through the trauma of Sonya dying. If it's just a couple of fringe characters that's not too bad but Kyle or Mark would be :(

Pantherboy
04-02-2020, 06:59
Nowtolove.com.au article - "The anniversary week will begin on Monday March 16th with an extra episode airing each day":

Neighbours promises a huge 35th anniversary week with 3 deaths and 5 weddings.

There’s so much drama to come, the soap is airing 5 extra episodes.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/neighbours-35-anniversary-deaths-weddings-62439

It's not every day a show turns 35-years-old. In celebration of the milestone birthday, Neighbours is gifting fans some of the biggest drama we've ever seen.

"We have a reputation for going big with our milestones – and this is our biggest yet," Executive producer, Jason Herbison, says.

The soap is promising FIVE weddings and THREE tragic deaths, with beloved characters from the past three-and-a-half decades guest starring for the occasion.

"Neighbours is 35 years young and we are celebrating with a bang!" Jason adds.

The full list of returning favourites was announced earlier this year, and includes characters Paige Smith (Olympia Valance), Mark Gottlieb (Bruce Samazan) and Sky Mangel (Stephanie McIntosh), just to name a few.

(You can find the full list https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/neighbours-cast-return-35th-anniversary-60453 .)

The anniversary week will begin on Monday March 16th with an extra episode airing each day – yes, back-to-back Neighbours!

The drama begins with Chloe Brennan's (April Rose Pengilly) wedding expo, which will reunite "couples from different decades on Ramsay Street that didn't quite make it down the aisle."

The bonus episodes, however, are a much darker story. Running parallel to the usual show, the spin-off of sorts involves Elly Conway's (Jodi Anasta) 35th birthday celebrations on a remote island with friends and family.

The festivities will take a dark turn when Finn Kelly's (Rob Mills) evil side resurfaces. After suffering from amnesia Finn turned his murderous ways around and won over Ramsay Street, but if his memory has returned our favourite Neighbours are in serious trouble!

Neighbours' 35th anniversary episodes begin From Monday, 16 March At 6:30pm with extra episodes following at 7:00pm on 10 Peach.

kayuqtuq
04-02-2020, 09:38
I'd rather they killed off Dipi, Roxy and Hendrix!

Pantherboy
04-02-2020, 11:41
Following on from the previous Nowtolove.com.au post, there is now this Digital Spy article:

Neighbours confirms three deaths, five weddings and special 10pm episodes for 35th anniversary celebrations
Finn Kelly finally turns evil, but who dies?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a30761281/neighbours-35th-anniversary-deaths-weddings-10pm-episodes/

Neighbours will go all out for its 35th anniversary, with a massive week that will include three deaths, five weddings, and Finn Kelly finally turning evil again.

The week – which kicks off on Monday, March 16 and features numerous returning characters returning to Ramsay Street – will also have five additional standalone primetime 10pm episodes to the regular weekday episodes which air at 1.45pm and 5.30pm.

The 10pm episodes will have a "darker, grittier plot" away from Erinsborough – as for the characters involved, it will be "hell in paradise", Channel 5 teased.

Elly Conway (Jodi Anasta) celebrates her 35th birthday with a group of friends, including Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney), on Pierce Greyson's (Tim Robards) remote island. But Finn Kelly's (Rob Mills) evil side comes out as he plots his "ultimate deadly revenge plan", which will have fatal consequences for three characters...

By contrast, the 'regular' 1.45pm/5.30pm episodes promise plenty of nostalgia as many of the characters take a trip down memory lane. All five of these episodes will have one unique wedding each, as Chloe Brennan (April Rose Pengilly) pitches the idea of a wedding expo to save Lassiters.

Fans can also expect at least one reuniting couple from previous decades to tie the knot.

"We have a reputation for going big with our milestones, and this is our biggest yet," executive producer Jason Herbison said. "We're excited to deliver our viewers a double dose of Neighbours, which will lead to three deaths and five weddings.

"There's warmth and nostalgia as well as high drama and – for the first time ever – we'll have a week-long narrative taking place separate to the happenings of Erinsborough.

"Neighbours is 35 years young, and we are celebrating with a bang!"

Stefan Dennis, who plays Paul Robinson, added: "Who would have thought? I remember nearly 35 years ago, I said it would last six months. Well, who is eating their words now!

"I'm incredibly proud to be a part of Neighbours reaching this milestone. It's a fabulous celebration for everyone involved – cast and crew – to mark this moment with an awesome week of episodes planned for our viewers, a touch of nostalgia mixed in with some edge-of-your-seat drama. Something for everyone."

Channel 5 commissioning editor Greg Barnett said: "Having shaped three previous successful hour-long 10pm Neighbours one-off pieces, we wanted to push things even further to mark the 35th anniversary with a week-long stunt in peak scheduling time.

"This week promises a darker tone, grittier drama, and truly gripping twists and turns. A treat for everyone and anyone who has watched Neighbours at any point in its remarkable 35-year history."

Aussieguy
04-02-2020, 12:14
I love how "three TRAGIC deaths" is written in such a joyful tone.

Also like the idea of reuniting past couples who should have but never married.

Thinking Paige and Mark are one of the couples

kaz21
04-02-2020, 12:43
I would say Finn is one of the deaths, zenin is another.

lizann
04-02-2020, 19:40
don't kill off mark

Sufyaan
04-02-2020, 21:17
don't kill off mark

Completely agree wouldn't want Mark to get killed off

CuriousCase
04-02-2020, 23:50
I love how "three TRAGIC deaths" is written in such a joyful tone.

Also like the idea of reuniting past couples who should have but never married.

Thinking Paige and Mark are one of the couples

Hmm I'm thinking:

Paige and Jack
Mark and Elly
Skye and Lana

not sure of the other two.

tammyy2j
05-02-2020, 16:04
I would say Finn is one of the deaths, zenin is another.

Finn kills Bea or Elly and is then killed himself

I hope Gary or Kyle do not die

kaz21
05-02-2020, 16:07
Elly leaves later than this I think. Bea maybe?

its.like.that
06-02-2020, 03:39
Seems so rushed to have Finn turn evil considering what scenes we are seeing now

its.like.that
06-02-2020, 03:42
I can see Mark getting killed protecting Ellie from Finn

its.like.that
07-02-2020, 05:50
Seems so rushed to have Finn turn evil considering what scenes we are seeing now

Thinking about it maybe the truth about his dad triggers all his memories, then he turns bad again and gets revenge because he was good until then. Time will tell

Pantherboy
19-02-2020, 21:07
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours pays tribute to EastEnders' 35th anniversary with fun Easter egg – did you spot it?
They're there for one another.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a30996868/neighbours-tribute-eastenders-easter-egg/

Neighbours has paid a neat tribute to its fellow soap EastEnders as it celebrates 35 years on air.

The Aussie show is also marking three and a half decades on our screens (how time has flown by), and decided to nod to its fellow British soap on the same occasion.

In a shot from the latest episode (shared by Twitter user @suzanneeb), which aired today (February 19), The Waterhole is seen displaying new drinks – and you may notice that they have a distinctively East End flavour.

Among those listed are 'Walford Sour', 'Fowler Fizz', 'Slater Colada' and a 'Dry Mitchell'. We see what they did there.

On top of that, 'Happy Half Hour' is listed as 7.30 until 8pm, which is when EastEnders traditionally airs on BBC One. Although, it's rare that half hour is actually a happy one in Walford.

But this isn't the first time we've seen a nod from one soap to the other.

The two soaps have shown support for each other in the past, with Neighbours hilariously parodying some iconic scenes from its British counterpart for its 30th anniversary.

EastEnders in turn made a neat tribute video for Neighbours on the same occasion, which included Jason Donovan being tied up by Babe Smith.

The BBC soap is currently in the middle of its anniversary week celebrations, with one major character set to be killed off.

EastEnders continues on Thursday, February 20 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

joaardvark
19-02-2020, 22:16
We want Paige to marry Mark, Park fans all the way xxx

lizann
20-02-2020, 00:04
I can see Mark getting killed protecting Ellie from Finn

no kill off jack and elly with chloe pierce and bea

its.like.that
20-02-2020, 01:09
Id be happy with that

kayuqtuq
20-02-2020, 03:02
I saw the Eastenders Easter egg!

Aussieguy
20-02-2020, 07:18
no kill off jack and elly with chloe pierce and bea

All except Pierce I'm okay with.

its.like.that
20-02-2020, 10:10
Ellie's exit is dark isnt it?

She kills Finn

Sufyaan
20-02-2020, 13:42

She kills Finn

Or does Finn kill her?

courseiam
20-02-2020, 14:51
Or does Finn kill her?

Either way I just don't care! Can't wait for both characters to be gone from our screens. And don't even get me started on how Finn escaped going to prison, and ends up living with the family he terrorised the most.

lizann
20-02-2020, 18:46
I saw the Eastenders Easter egg!

did you eat it :p

Perdita
20-02-2020, 19:02
did you eat it :p

I would not ,, prolly been a prop for 20+more years ... :lol:

Rowdydog12
21-02-2020, 01:58

She kills Finn

Yep , and then David and Aaron adopt her :clap:

Pantherboy
22-02-2020, 21:27
New promo for the 35th Anniversary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCwNekduFRo&feature=youtu.be

Plus a couple of other trailers:

https://youtu.be/u09m-Jqp3BA

https://youtu.be/k274gXbtR30

EDIT: And now the Digital Spy article:

Neighbours releases first trailer for dramatic 35th anniversary week
"11 returning characters, five weddings, three deaths."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31064459/neighbours-35th-anniversary-week-first-trailer/

Pantherboy
28-02-2020, 12:05
Neighbours 35th Anniversary week "epic" new trailer released - "Finn goes on the warpath":

Neighbours trailer teases three deaths as Finn Kelly turns evil again
Who dies?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31148001/neighbours-trailer-three-deaths-finn-kelly/

Neighbours' newest 35th anniversary trailer offers a look at evil Finn Kelly taking revenge, as three deaths are teased.

The promo, which you can watch above, confirms that Finn's memories have returned and that he is up to no good as Bea Nilsson, Toadie Rebecchi, and many others are on a remote island to celebrate Elly Conway's birthday.

Finn is seen possibly killing two people.

"Are you still alive down there?" he yells down a shaft. Later in the trailer, he is seen dropping a deadly snake down the same hole.

Finn also tells (presumably) a different person, as he attacks them with a large rock: "You've always been good to me. I didn't want to hurt you! You gave me no choice."

"I'm more worried about Bea!" Toadie says in a different scene.

Meanwhile, a bomb is also seen blowing up and causing a massive firey explosion, possibly causing devastation at one of the five weddings. Not to mention another couple seemingly having cold feet on their big day.

With all of this action, plus the return of several familiar faces, it's sure to be one dramatic week.

Channel 5 previously confirmed that the 35th anniversary week will feature five additional primetime 10pm episodes – which will be "darker" and "grittier" – on top of the regular weekday episodes.

But who will make it off the island alive?

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia). The 35th anniversary week kicks off on Monday, March 16.

Also,

Neighbours release first-look trailer for 35th anniversary as Finn goes on the warpath
Three beloved characters from the long-running soap won't survive

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2020-02-28/neighbours-35th-anniversary-trailer-end-game/

Neighbours spoilers: 35th anniversary trailer reveals death horror, shock returns and huge explosion

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/28/neighbours-spoilers-35th-anniversary-trailer-reveals-death-horror-shock-returns-huge-explosion-12319471/?ITO=squid&ito=newsnow-feed

Neighbours 35th Anniversary EXCLUSIVE: Denise Van Outen dons a beaded bridal gown as the soap teases THREE deaths and FIVE weddings in epic new trailer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8055149/Neighbours-EXCL-Soap-teases-35th-Anniversary-epic-new-trailer.html

Aussieguy
28-02-2020, 12:14
Do we know if the three deaths include Finn?

Also don't recognise one of the couples...guy with a beard girl with long brown hair

lizann
28-02-2020, 19:49
married gary and prue dead?

Ruffed_lemur
29-02-2020, 00:08

Also don't recognise one of the couples...guy with a beard girl with long brown hair

It's not a couple, it's Mark Brennan and Yashvi Rebecchi. Just friends chatting about cop stuff I guess.

Aussieguy
29-02-2020, 02:57
It's not a couple, it's Mark Brennan and Yashvi Rebecchi. Just friends chatting about cop stuff I guess.

No it's at the 45 second mark of the Finn goes crazy preview just after we see Mark and Lucy.

And on the preview the scene where Finn seemingly bashes someones head in with a rock is seriously confronting

Pantherboy
29-02-2020, 07:28

I believe the guy with the beard is Dylan Timmins & the girl is Sky Mangel.

We know that Finn has left the show but looking at the trailer, it seems he may not die. The 3 deaths possibly being someone down the pit, someone hit with the rock & someone in the explosion at the wedding expo. With Finn finding out recently that his dad, Trent, left him with the kidnappers in Columbia, I think it may be him down the pit (especially with Flynn throwing the snake down into the pit!)

Pantherboy
29-02-2020, 08:11
Following on from my previous post, another trailer has now been released. It seems that the explosion is actually a car, & not at the wedding expo (unless there are 2 bombs?) - so maybe Finn could still be one of the deaths...? (Possibly Trent in the car explosion & Bea in the pit?)

And in Australia it looks like there will be 1 hour episodes each night that week (& not a half hour episode at the usual time + another half hour episode later at night, like I believe they will be having in the UK).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO63ewtO5uY&feature=youtu.be

Neighbours confirms wedding storyline for Paige Smith in new trailer
Here comes the bride.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31167879/neighbours-tv-show-wedding-paige-smith/

Kyzaah
02-03-2020, 08:20
I just wanna see Susan kill Finn tbh.

Aussieguy
02-03-2020, 08:56
I'm thinking Finn isn't killed. Either gets away on Pierce's posh boat or locked up. Either way in a year or two Finn gets another bump on the noggin and yay! good Finn is back!

AlisonMarie
04-03-2020, 20:22
I’m kinda sad Finn’s turning evil again. Much prefer Nice Finn :)

lizann
04-03-2020, 20:59
I want finn to survive, its elly's fault she ruins lives

courseiam
05-03-2020, 00:16
I'd be very happy if Finn. Elly and Bea died, they're the most annoying characters at the moment. And don't get me started on Finn not being locked up just because he lost his memory and living with those he terrorised the most

Pantherboy
06-03-2020, 21:32
Digital Spy article. Russell Brand to make a short cameo on Neighbours (I didn't think it was worthwhile starting a new thread, so I have posted it here):

Neighbours films a surprise cameo for Russell Brand – and the cast are very excited
"Was stoked when I heard he was a fan of the show."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31258663/neighbours-russell-brand-cameo/

Neighbours is the king of cameos among all the soaps, and it's currently filming one with none other than Russell Brand.

The comedian is on tour around Australia, so why not pop down to the set at Nunawading and film a small role? Star April Rose Pengilly (Chloe Brennan) was clearly super hyped up about it, posting a photo with the star to her Instagram.

She wrote: "A hefty 'thank you' to @russellbrand for coming and shooting a scene for the show today! I'm a big fan of his work, so was just a lil' bit excited."

Benjamin Turland (Hendrix Grayson) uploaded another photo of himself with Brand and Tim Robards (Pierce Grayson), writing: "Had a guest on set today! Was stoked when I heard he was a fan of the show and was having a little cameo! Very inspirational dude!"

Meanwhile, Ryan Moloney (Toadie Rebecchi) appeared in a video on the soap's official Instagram highlights. In the short clip, Brand started talking about toads being able to change their gender and wondered if the Toadie actor could do the same.

We're not sure if the Get Him to the Greek star is playing himself or a character, but we really hope it's the latter and that's the reason he's wearing that slipper/socks combo in public.

Pantherboy
08-03-2020, 23:51
Nowtolive.com.au article:

“EXCLUSIVE: The returning Neighbours favourites open up about coming back for the 35th anniversary.
We celebrate Neighbours 35th anniversary by chatting with the returning cast members.”

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/neighbours-35-years-returning-cast-62925

Pantherboy
08-03-2020, 23:57

“Neighbours weddings galore! Five couples tie the knot on Ramsay Street in the 35th anniversary special.
Prepare for a spectacular week of ceremonies.”

Paige & Mark
Prue & Gary
Jane & Des
Sky & Lana
Lucy & Mark

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/neighbours-weddings-35th-anniversary-62921

And
“Sneak Peek: All the georgeous gowns from Neighbours’ upcoming week of weddings”

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/neighbours-35th-wedding-dresses-62967

lizann
09-03-2020, 00:33

“Neighbours weddings galore! Five couples tie the knot on Ramsay Street in the 35th anniversary special.
Prepare for a spectacular week of ceremonies.”

Paige & Mark
Prue & Gary
Jane & Des
Sky & Lana
Lucy & Mark

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/neighbours-weddings-35th-anniversary-62921

all rushed it is not las vegas

lizann
09-03-2020, 19:04
clive and shelia also to wed? way too many

Bossy7
10-03-2020, 00:30
Whole Anniversary storyline nothing but a pathetic joke.

Pantherboy
10-03-2020, 23:09
Digital Spy article:

“Neighbours had a secret 35th anniversary Easter egg this week, but did you spot it?
18385”

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31336862/neighbours-35th-anniversary-easter-egg/

Pantherboy
12-03-2020, 22:19
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours brings back Courtney Act for multi-episode guest stint
She'll be in Erinsborough this time.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31425265/neighbours-courtney-act-return/

Neighbours is welcoming back Courtney Act for a longer guest stint.

The drag queen and Celebrity Big Brother winner, also known as Shane Jenek, revealed to TV Tonight she will be back on the Australian soap following a Mardi Gras-themed cameo last month.

And it sounds like Courtney's return will be more substantial, as she's swinging by Erinsborough.

"I'm filming a multi-episodic arc," she shared. "Courtney Act is coming to Lassiter's Pride, which is very exciting. But while I'm in town, I'll be tending to some other business.

"I'm in as Shane and Courtney."

Courtney added, joking: "There's still a storyline open for me to be Scott and Charlene's love child, but nobody has said yes to that!"

Courtney's cameo in February aired when David and Aaron travelled to Sydney to enjoy the Mardi Gras parade. David and Aaron bumped into not only the drag queen but also Scissor Sisters (and The Masked Singer) star Jake Shears.

Meanwhile, Russell Brand was confirmed to have filmed a cameo of his own on the show. April Rose Pengilly, who plays Chloe Brennan, revealed that the comedian visited the set for a scene.

The show will be airing its 35th anniversary episodes from Monday (March 16) – and it looks like it will be a week to remember, with three deaths and five weddings in store.

Pantherboy
18-03-2020, 07:34
Tvtonight.com.au article. Neighbours to suspend production -but only until next week. But no interruption to the on-air or delivery schedule (at this stage).

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/03/neighbours-to-halt-filming.html

Neighbours to halt filming.

On their 35th anniversary -to the day- Neighbours has announced it will suspend production -but only until next week- while it assesses filming procedures.

Producers, cast and crew hope to come up with a workable solution, such as smaller crews, to resume work next week.

Network 10 and Fremantle said in a statement, “Neighbours has decided to take a short break this week to ensure the production model in place can withstand any potential impact of the current COVID-19 situation. Today, all cast and crew met to discuss this issue as a result of a specific concern about the pandemic.

“Production will resume on Monday as planned with no interruption to the on-air or delivery schedule. The health and well-being of everyone on the set of Neighbours will always be our priority.”

And from dailytelegraph.com.au:

"Neighbours shut down

TV soap Neighbours has shut down due to COVID-19.

The decision was made to close the Melbourne set of the long running Channel 10 drama after a meeting of production staff, actors and crew today.

It is understood someone working on the show has come into contact with a person who has tested positive to Coronavirus.

“Neighbours has decided to take a short break this week to ensure the production model in place can withstand any potential impact of the current COVID-19 situation,” a Network Ten and Fremantlemedia spokeswoman said.

“Today, all cast and crew met to discuss this issue as a result of a specific concern about the pandemic. Production will resume on Monday as planned with no interruption to the on-air or delivery schedule. The health and well-being of everyone on the set of Neighbours will always be our priority.”

Pantherboy
20-03-2020, 21:47
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours gave Kylie Minogue a role in the 35th anniversary – but did you spot it?
Charlene's back... sort of.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31816340/neighbours-kylie-role-35th-anniversary/

Neighbours has dropped another nifty Easter egg to mark its 35th anniversary, this time nodding to one of its most iconic stars.

As the show marks the big milestone this week, today's (March 20) daytime episode saw classic characters Jane Harris and Des Clarke tie the knot.

And as their wedding took place, Kylie Minogue's 'Golden' played in the background – giving us a nod back to Kylie's time on the soap.

The star famously played Charlene Robinson on the soap between 1986 and 1988 before becoming a global pop icon.

One of the soap's most memorable moments was Charlene's wedding to Scott Robinson (Jason Donovan), so, of course, hearing Kylie now play during another wedding seems appropriate.

Fans were naturally delighted by the reference, one writing on Twitter: "Did they just play Kylie at Jane’s wedding? That’s perfect, really, Paul and Des and Jane and Charlene in the background…".

Another added: "Kylie's 'Golden' playing on #Neighbours made this special anniversary week perfect!"

Neighbours also made a reference to another alumni-turned-pop star earlier this week.

That time, Ned Willis suggested that Paige Smith play classic pop hit 'Torn' at her own wedding to Mark Brennan.

Ned then tells a confused Yashvi Rebecchi: "My mum used to sing it all the time," a reference to on-screen mother Beth Brennan, who was played by 'Torn' singer Natalie Imbruglia.

There are plenty more Easter eggs you can dive into right here.

Danners9
21-03-2020, 03:25
also, when Paige was going through the playlist for the wedding she was listing Aussie icons and mentioned Nina Tucker.

Pantherboy
24-03-2020, 21:17
Radiotimes.com article:

Neighbours preview: 8 huge post-anniversary spoilers
Producer Jason Herbison exclusively teases the months ahead in Ramsay Street

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/soaps/neighbours/2020-03-24/neighbours-post-anniversary-spoilers/

Neighbours delivered a truly explosive 35th anniversary week, but the drama doesn’t stop now the Lassiters wedding expo and doomed island mini-break are over.

In an exclusive interview with RadioTimes.com, the Aussie soap’s executive producer Jason Herbison provides a sneak preview of how life will change forever on Ramsay Street in the coming months following the deaths of Finn Kelly, Gary Canning and Prue Wallace – and teases some more huge Neighbours storylines on the horizon…

1. Elly jailed for Finn’s murder?

Fiendish Finn’s gruesome demise after his reign of terror will have “massive implications,” says Herbison. “In the ultimate tragic irony, Elly ends up in the frame for murder, despite the terrible things he did. Elly will have a fight on her hands to prove her innocence and keep custody of her daughter Aster. Jodi Anasta is leaving the show and we are entering a final, intense chapter for Elly. It remains to be seen if there can be any happiness around her departure.”

2. Susan V Sheila

Susan continues to feel huge guilt over everything that’s happened,” he continues. “Sheila is devastated over losing Gary and will channel all her anger at Susan for bringing Finn into their lives, despite the fact Susan is already blaming herself. It will be a very long road to them getting a friendship back on track. Brace yourselves for some amazing Colette Mann and Jackie Woodburne scenes. Bea, on the other hand, will be the strong one – she makes a conscious decision not to be a victim any more.”

3. New Canning

The Canning house will be a quieter place without Gary, but there are plans to populate the place with another member of the family soon. “With three characters gone we do have some new ones coming in, including the introduction of a new Canning.” Herbison wouldn’t be drawn on their identity but it sounds like someone we’ve yet to meet as opposed to a recast Xanthe or Naomi. Although Sheila’s other grandsons, Dane and Harley, were seen in brief guest appearances almost a decade ago, could one of them fill the gap left by Gary and give Sheila someone to mollycoddle?

4. An old face is back for good

It was a coup to get so many ex-characters back for the anniversary and fans lapped up seeing the likes of Sky Mangel, Mark Brennan, Lucy Robinson and Des Clarke again. Could any of them move back to Ramsay Street in the future? “Just about every single one of them told me they are open to it,” he smiles. “At this stage one of them will be coming back on a permanent basis – perhaps more in the future. They’ll have another new character connected to them when they return…” We’re hoping for golden era faves Jane Harris and Des Clarke…

5. Dee AND Andrea both back

Talking of comebacks, later this year Madeleine West reprises her dual roles of Toadie’s wife who faked her death and the deceitful doppelgänger who turned out to be her long-lost twin. “It will be double trouble! It’s a massive storyline for Toadie. With the Dee/Andrea story arc, we are now well beyond what we originally planned and it’s the gift that keeps on giving. This might upset a few purists but I just love Andrea, there is so much scope with her and she will always be connected to Toadie because of Hugo – which means she can always come back, same as Dee.”

6. Another fan favourite returns

The comebacks just keep on coming as Herbison told us plans for more blasts from the past are afoot, seemingly unconnected to the anniversary returns, and there is one in particular who will please the audience. “Yes, we have another returnee who I’m very excited about it,” he divulges. “She is a fan favourite and lights up every room she enters.” Who could it be? Susan’s flaky sister Liz? Terese’s daughter Imogen?

7. Dipi and Shane’s marriage on the rocks

It’s not been an easy year for Shane and Dipi Rebecchi, once regarded as Erinsborough’s perfect couple. Family ructions and indiscretions with Roxy Willis and Gary Canning put the twosome to the test, and there are more challenges ahead: “Dipi and Shane will be facing huge marital challenges which impact several households.” Can they come through more obstacles?

8. More late night specials

Post-watershed anniversary spin-off ‘End Game’ was a triumph, giving an extra episode in a 10pm slot across the week injected with a darker, grittier tone. “It’s part of our desire to keep Neighbours contemporary and move with the times,” admits Herbison. “We purposefully kept the daytime anniversary shows warm and nostalgic and gave ourselves license to go darker at 10pm. I’m hugely proud of what we achieved and relieved with the audience response.” Are more late-night specials on the cards? “We plan them one at a time but yes, I’m certainly thinking about what we are going to do next. There’s actually a playing area of the show that is featured heavily in the coming months that could warrant a spin-off.

its.like.that
26-03-2020, 12:24
Could number 6 be Naomi?

Pantherboy
27-03-2020, 21:36
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours brings forward filming break as coronavirus pandemic causes more disruption
The Aussie soap was originally halting filming from next Friday (April 3).

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31951836/neighbours-filming-break-coronavirus-pandemic/

And:

Neighbours stars share touching video message for fans amid coronavirus pandemic
"Stay at home as much as you can. We're all in this together."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31956652/neighbours-video-message-fans-coronavirus/

Danners9
28-03-2020, 06:22
'Fortunately, it doesn't appear that the early break will have an impact on Neighbours' airing schedule, so fans won't have to wait to catch up with the residents of Ramsay Street.'

Wasn't it going to air just twice a week? Mon and Fri. They didn't mention that last night though, and you'd think they would.

Edit: Just for Channel 5, it seems. That will mean the UK is behind Australia again.

Pantherboy
28-03-2020, 08:30
Like it mentions in the article below, at this stage, Neighbours is continuing to air 5 days a week in Australia. The two week production break they are now taking is the normal/scheduled Easter break just being brought forward a couple of weeks. However, I imagine that if they end up stopping production beyond the 2 weeks ie for an extended period, then they may look at changing the Aust schedule. We will see. Again, like the article says, they will let us know if/when things change 'so keep checking back'.

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours' Channel 5 broadcasts look set to fall behind Australia for first time in four years
The soap's Aussie network is continuing its usual schedule.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31958162/neighbours-channel-5-episodes-behind-australia/

The broadcast of Neighbours in the UK looks set to fall behind Australia for the first time since 2016.

As the coronavirus pandemic continues, the strategy of many UK broadcasters (ITV, BBC and Channel 5) going forward has been to reduce the number of weekly soap episodes airing, in order to preserve a steady stream until filming can safely resume.

But although Neighbours has been brought down to two episodes per week on Channel 5, the show's Australian broadcaster 10 Peach is continuing its normal schedule.

A spokesperson recently confirmed (via TV Tonight): "Neighbours will continue to give viewers fresh entertainment while they are at home – five nights a week on 10 Peach."

While this may discomfort the equilibrium of some UK viewers, the pandemic is an incredibly fast-moving situation and schedules are changing all the time at the moment.

We'll let you know if things change so keep checking back.

Neighbours airs on Channel 5 in the UK and on 10 Peach in Australia.

Pantherboy
30-03-2020, 22:28
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I have put it under this thread for now.

An Instagram post by Hugh Jackman showing his wife (who is directing a Neighbours storyline) on set with Kerry Armstrong & also Alyce Platt, who will be playing the role of Olivia Bell (who I understand is supposed to have dated Karl back in the day):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9jco6RHD57/?utm_source=ig_embed

Pantherboy
30-03-2020, 23:00
I believe it has been mentioned previously that Deborra-lee Furness is directing some Neighbours episodes, but I can't find those articles/posts. So following my previous post from Hugh Jackman's Instagram, I have posted this Herald Sun article here (it is a subscriber article, so I can't post the actual link):

Deborra-lee is directing a three-episode adoption and foster care storyline, where Aaron & David will foster a child, Emmett, played by Ezra Justin.

Deborra-lee Furness directs powerful storyline on Neighbours
Deborra-lee Furness has directed a powerful storyline on Neighbours and praised the long-running soap for championing the stories of outliers and minorities in the community.

Deborra-lee Furness has praised Neighbours for allowing her to direct a powerful three-episode adoption and foster care storyline.

The founder and patron of Adopt Change, Furness worked with actors Matt Wilson and Takaya Honda and their foster child, Emmett, played by Ezra Justin.

She was recently in Melbourne with husband Hugh Jackman and their children.

“By telling this story through characters that are known and loved by millions really brings the message home as to what it’s like to navigate this world,’’ Furness said.

“Kudos to Neighbours for shining a light on so many important issues and championing the stories of outliers and minorities in our communities.”

The first episode Furness directs will air on June 10.

“I’m hoping that our audience learns as much about foster care watching the episodes as I have filming it,’’ Wilson said.

“Deb is such a powerful woman with a genuine drive to get this story told in the right way.”

Honda said: “We work through so much content on Neighbours and the directors have to be focused on so many things at once, it was great to have someone solely dedicated to our storyline who not only comes with a wealth of experience but who deeply cares for the cause the storyline is built around, foster care.

“This meant that Deb really pushed us to draw every moment out of the script and establish this story with a solid foundation.”

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=ezra+justin&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=ESaOQollBiIRIM%253A%252CDI8EtEQeGEJVZM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRdfmBTbzjo_ZzROPZzaSu1aBCukg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwilwMvvmMPoAhX57HMBHZdYDeMQ9QEwAHoECAoQF w#imgrc=ESaOQollBiIRIM:

Kyzaah
31-03-2020, 03:28
So Arron & David don't get Aster then. She's not in the new intro so I'm guessing she gets taken away when she goes to jail?

GrrArgh
31-03-2020, 08:04
So Arron & David don't get Aster then. She's not in the new intro so I'm guessing she gets taken away when she goes to jail?

They never put babies in the intro, because they use different babies to play the role at different times, due to laws around infants and children being on set.

So I wouldn't assume she goes to jail just based on Aster not being in the credits.

Kyzaah
31-03-2020, 09:19
They never put babies in the intro, because they use different babies to play the role at different times, due to laws around infants and children being on set.

So I wouldn't assume she goes to jail just based on Aster not being in the credits.

They wouldn’t need to put the baby actor’s name. Just some reference to the fact that she’s got one so it makes sense.

Pantherboy
31-03-2020, 21:27
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star April Rose Pengilly says Channel 5 has "jumped the gun" by cutting episodes
"We are totally on schedule."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a31990858/neighbours-april-rose-pengilly-channel-5-episodes/

Neighbours star April Rose Pengilly has suggested that Channel 5 perhaps made the decision to cut the number of weekly episodes too quickly amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Starting this week, the Australian soap will only be airing two episodes a week (Mondays and Fridays) on Channel 5, but the schedule in Australia remains unchanged. This means that starting with Tuesday's episode (March 31) in Australia, the UK will start to fall behind.

Channel 5 commented that the decision was made so that Neighbours can stay on air "as long as possible".

But speaking to her fans on Instagram Stories, April – who plays Chloe Brennan – said that she was surprised by the cut, explaining that the show was still "on schedule" and that, as things stand, filming will resume after Easter.

"We are on break now," she said. "We were scheduled to have our regular two-week break starting at the end of this week, but they just brought it forward by a week while they sort everything out.

"We're due to go back after the Easter long weekend, depending on government regulations.

"All good, we're not behind. I don't know why the UK's only airing two episodes a week because we are totally on schedule. I think they've just kind of jumped the gun on that one."

April also cleared up a rumour that some people were wearing hazmat suits behind the scenes, saying that this was false.

"There was a rumour that while we were still at work, the make-up team were in hazmat suits. This is not accurate," she said.

Elsewhere, Colette Mann (Sheila Canning) recently tweeted that she agreed with Channel 5's decision, saying that "it means longevity for the show... rather than complete disappearance off our screens".

Neighbours currently airs on Mondays and Fridays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK.

Pantherboy
01-04-2020, 21:54
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours could air flashback episodes if filming stops due to coronavirus
"We finished 40 to 50 episodes in the week."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32004605/neighbours-coronavirus-flashback-episodes/

Neighbours is preparing flashback episodes which could air if filming stops amid the coronavirus pandemic.

This week, Takaya Honda – who plays David Tanaka – launched a YouTube series called 'Tak Talks', to fill the gap for fans.

The star was joined by April Rose Pengilly and Sharon Johal on the first episode, as he shared that the executive producer has written a number of episodes containing a small amount of new content followed by a series of flashbacks.

"We worked really hard last week," Takaya said. "I calculated we shot, or finished, 40 to 50 episodes in the week.

"Our EP wrote 35 individual episodes of what will become kind of a flashback series if we can't keep shooting and we need to put something on air.

"So very cleverly, the show put together a whole bunch of – each episode is about two, three, four minutes of new content, and the rest of the episode [is] made up with flashbacks that I think a lot of people will enjoy watching. Because it's always fun to go back and look at those things."

Channel 5 has already taken the decision to cut the number of weekly episodes to two (Mondays and Fridays), but the schedule in Australia remains unchanged.

Colette Mann recently tweeted in support of Channel 5's decision, but April suggested that the channel "jumped the gun" given that the soap was still on schedule and filming hasn't been suspended.

The show is currently on a planned break, but production is expected to resume after the Easter weekend.

Neighbours currently airs on Mondays and Fridays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK.

Pantherboy
04-04-2020, 00:45
Following on from the previous Herald Sun article on Deborra-lee Furness directing some Neighbours episodes (David & Aaron storyline), this is now the Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Takaya Honda speaks out on David and Aaron's next big storyline
It's another groundbreaking story for the couple.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32036997/neighbours-takaya-honda-david-aaron-adoption-storyline/

Neighbours star Takaya Honda has shared that his character David Tanaka and on-screen husband Aaron Brennan (Matt Wilson) are about to be involved in a huge upcoming storyline.

In February, it was revealed that Hugh Jackman's wife Deborra-lee Furness would be returning to Ramsay Street to direct an episode where one of the soap's couples would become permanent carers of displaced children.

And now, thanks to Takaya's Instagram, we know that David and Aaron are the lucky pair.

Sharing a picture of himself and Matt on set with Deborra and child actor Ezra Justin, Takaya wrote: "Man, I feel so lucky!

"Over the last month Deborra-lee Furness was on set to direct @mattywilson @ezra.justin and I in a super important storyline about adoption and foster care.

"Deb really pushed us to draw every moment out of the script and establish this story with a solid foundation."

The actor added that it was "entertaining" for the cast to watch Deborra experience the speed at which Neighbours works.

"She certainly stepped up though," he said. "I can't wait to see the results and hear what you all think."

David went on to share that almost 40,000 children in Australia are in need of a permanent home usually due to abuse or neglect. He linked fans to the Adopt Change organisation.

The episode's subject matter is also extremely close to Deborra's heart as she and Jackman adopted their two children.

Speaking about the episode earlier this year, Deborra said: "I am thrilled to be collaborating with the team at Neighbours to direct these episodes and tell a story that is not often represented in mainstream media.

"To have an iconic television institution like Neighbours joining the conversation and reflecting the lives of so many Australian children is extremely powerful.

"Awareness is the essential first step in creating a positive shift in both culture and policy towards permanent solutions."

Pantherboy
15-04-2020, 22:54
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours and Home and Away to increase weekly episodes on Channel 5
More episodes are coming your way!

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32156025/neighbours-home-and-away-episodes-increased-channel-5/

Neighbours and Home and Away fans listen up, because Channel 5's weekly amount of episodes of both soaps is being increased.

The coronavirus pandemic has caused an unprecedented shift in the production of television shows and films, but it's looking like some pockets of the industry are making big decisions to return to some sort of normality.

These are small steps to begin with, but it's a nice bit of positive news in an environment filled with negativity.

In a statement, a Channel 5 spokesperson confirmed that weekly episodes will be upped from two to three from the end of the month.

"We have taken the decision to increase the number of episodes for Neighbours and Home and Away from two to three per week for both soaps," the statement said.

"Both programmes will continue to air on Monday and Fridays, with the additional episode airing on Wednesday – effective from Wednesday 29th April."

Will the likes of Coronation Street, EastEnders and Emmerdale follow suit soon?

And:

Neighbours filming remains on hold amid coronavirus pandemic
The cast won't be returning to set for a while longer.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32154780/neighbours-filming-delays-coronavirus-pandemic/

Pantherboy
16-04-2020, 23:09
Digital Spy article. An update to the previous post with 3 episodes a week now to commence next week:

Neighbours and Home and Away announce another big scheduling change on Channel 5
An update to yesterday's news.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32169125/neighbours-home-and-away-episodes-channel-5/

Neighbours and Home and Away have announced an additional scheduling change on Channel 5.

Yesterday (April 15), it was confirmed that both Australian soaps will see their number of weekly episodes increase from two to three (with the extra episode airing on Wednesdays) starting from the week beginning Monday, April 27 – but there's an update to this announcement.

The scheduling change has actually been brought forward by a week, and fans will be able to enjoy three episodes a week starting next week from April 20. This means that there will be a Wednesday episode on April 22.

Neighbours and Home and Away were cut to two episodes a week late last month as a result of uncertainty with production amid the coronavirus pandemic.

In Australia, Neighbours' schedule on 10 Peach remains unchanged resulting in the UK falling behind for the first time in four years.

Star Takaya Honda, who plays David Tanaka, recently revealed that the show has made plans to prepare "40 to 50" flashback episodes in the event that filming is heavily disrupted to the point where the show runs out of episodes to air.

These episodes would contain a few minutes of new content followed by a series of flashbacks.

Filming on Neighbours was meant to resume this week but has been put on hold. Home and Away stopped filming in late March.

Neighbours and Home and Away air on Channel 5 in the UK.

Pantherboy
19-04-2020, 23:06
Abc.net.au article:

Making TV in the coronavirus pandemic: Why the television industry is watching what Neighbours does next.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-20/neighbours-resumes-as-aussie-tv-adapts-to-coronavirus-rules/12161150

Long-running soap opera Neighbours is about to go back into production following the COVID-19 shutdown — but it will be a very different environment on set.

There will be no kissing or holding hands, the cast and crew will be isolated into three distinct groups, and camera trickery will be used to make physically-distanced actors look more intimate.

"It's going to look a bit odd," said Chris Oliver-Taylor, the chief executive of Neighbours' production company Fremantle Australia.

" Neighbours is a show that can get away with it.

"We employ hundreds of staff who want to work and feel they can. It's important we continue to produce a show that reaches millions of people in the UK and a significant audience in Australia.

"What we need now is escapism, Australian stories — and I'm sure our British friends want the Australian sun."

Neighbours is believed to be the first suspended TV drama to resume production in the English-speaking world.

The news has excited many in the Australian TV industry, which was devastated by the coronavirus crisis after productions were suspended.

There are hopes the Neighbours production plan will become something of a roadmap for other programs.

[B]Less make-up and 'no intimate scenes'.

Mr Oliver-Taylor said Neighbours would run out of episodes in mid-June if production did not resume.

Production was suspended two weeks before Easter.

The studio has been divided into quadrants, with an operational hub, three distinct production teams and only three actors allowed to cross between the units.

"There will be no more than 100 people a day in any area, we'll implement the four-square-metre rule and the one-and-a-half-metre social distancing rule," Mr Oliver-Taylor said.

"We've got a nurse on set, different catering for everyone, males will have no make-up, women's [make-up] will not be touched up, there are no intimate scenes.

"We're going to assume if someone does get sick we don't need to shut the entire shoot — we just close that group and carry on."

Drama productions have been halted worldwide. In Australia, 119 films and TV shows have been suspended, including all TV drama series, two big Marvel movies and Baz Luhrmann's Elvis biopic starring Tom Hanks, which was filming on the Gold Coast.

A hit in the hundreds of millions

Industry body Screen Producers Australia calculated the cost of the shutdown as exceeding $500 million, with an estimated $20 million in lost export revenue.

Some programs, such as the ABC's popular comedy Shaun Micallef's Mad As Hell, have continued, but without a studio audience.

Fremantle Australia has continued production of reality shows Grand Designs Australia and Restoration Australia, shown on the ABC, because these programs can operate without people coming into close contact.

Fremantle's other big drama series, Wentworth, which is set inside a prison, remains shut.

"We can adhere to [these rules] with Neighbours but we can't with Wentworth," Mr Oliver-Taylor said.

A significant burden of the screen industry shutdown is being borne by freelance cast and crew, who are ineligible for the Government's JobKeeper scheme because they are not permanent employees.

Neighbours 'demonstrates it's possible'

Mr Oliver-Taylor said all Neighbours cast and crew had elected to return to work next week.

For 25 years, Alan Fletcher has starred in Neighbours as Karl Kennedy. He is also the on-set union rep, and — speaking in that role — said he was "absolutely confident" in the new production plan.

"If the virus crept into cast or crew, then the necessary health procedures will be there to protect everybody," he said.

"Anyone considered high-risk will have special consideration as well."

Kelly Wood, from the Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance (MEAA) union, said the whole industry was watching to see if Fremantle could make a success of Neighbours' return.

The president of Screen Producers Australia, Michael Tear, said Neighbours' comeback "demonstrates it's possible to manage the health and safety risks and figure out a way to resume".

Key points:

- More than 100 Australian film and TV productions have been suspended during the pandemic
- Neighbours will resume production next week with physical distancing measures on set and the studio split into "quadrants"
- Many in the TV industry are hoping other suspended productions can learn from Neighbours and restart soon.

And:

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/04/neighbours-to-resume-filming-this-week.html

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32203266/neighbours-resuming-production-coronavirus/

its.like.that
26-04-2020, 15:17
Could number 6 be Naomi?

Finally right about something haha

Pantherboy
26-04-2020, 23:00
Sydney Morning Herald article:

Television production takes first tentative steps after COVID-19

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/tv-and-radio/television-production-takes-first-tentative-steps-after-covid-19-20200424-p54n13.html

A shell-shocked TV industry has begun to take its first tentative steps back to recovery, with Neighbours resuming production on Monday after a four-week shutdown, while the ABC has announced a $5 million development fund to ensure the sector is production ready when things return to some semblance of normality.

The moves come as production in Sweden and Denmark restarted last week under new guidelines designed to minimise health risks.

Although no such guidelines are yet in place here, Fremantle Media Australia is adopting many similar principles as it reboots Neighbours, which is the first mainstream scripted show to resume production.

According to Screen Producers Australia, at least 119 productions have been shut down or delayed indefinitely by COVID-19, stalling almost $500 million worth of activity in the sector.

Jason Herbison, Fremantle's executive producer for Neighbours, said a small team had worked steadily through what began as a scheduled two-week Easter break before ballooning into a month-long hiatus to "adjust the scripts and reimagine the production model" of the show.

"With every decision, our first objective has been to adhere to the government guidelines and protect health and safety. Secondly, our goal has been to preserve the editorial of the show," he said.

Neighbours is unusually well placed to cater to the social-distancing guidelines, with a dedicated studio in suburban Melbourne that readily lends itself to small teams working discreetly.

"Our production facility is one of the largest in the world and that puts us in a very fortunate position,” said Mr Herbison.

"We have three large interior studios and two smaller ones as well as a gigantic backlot, where we have created the world of Erinsborough. We are taking advantage of every inch of the site and spreading everyone out, creating separate areas which limit the movements of each individual."

Fremantle will also be running daily temperature checks for everyone on site and limiting the number of cast in any one scene.

"However, we will schedule additional cast separately and edit them together, to give the illusion of a larger group," Mr Herbison said.

At this stage, the thinking is to not include coronavirus in the storylines. "We are currently plotting episodes that won’t air until much later in the year, so anything we write now might feel very outdated," Mr Herbison said. "Further to this, there’s a creative question: will our viewers want to switch on Neighbours and relive it again, or is our job to provide escapism? I tend to feel it’s the latter."

The biggest change on screen will be around intimacy. "We can’t have any kissing scenes or hand holding for the time being. But longing looks are fine."...

And from Digital Spy:

Neighbours boss reveals whether the soap will mention coronavirus in new episodes
The Australian soap is resuming production, but will they talk about the pandemic?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32279317/neighbours-jason-herbison-new-episodes-mention-coronavirus/

Pantherboy
29-04-2020, 23:11
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours and Home and Away returning to five episodes a week on Channel 5
They're set to resume their usual slots on May 11.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32314964/neighbours-home-and-away-five-episodes-channel-5/

Neighbours and Home and Away are reverting back to airing five episodes a week on Channel 5.

From Monday, May 11, the soaps will resume their usual Monday to Friday slots, having originally been cut down to just two per week each last month in an effort to keep them on screens for longer after the coronavirus pandemic disrupted production.

A spokesperson explained at the time: "As a result of COVID-19, we have taken the decision to reduce the number of episodes for Neighbours and Home and Away from five to two per week for both soaps, so that our viewers can continue to enjoy them for as long as possible."

Channel 5 then upped episodes of both soaps from two to three earlier this month.

Without the rationing, it was believed that new instalments would run out in mid-June. So it seems safe to assume that once it's being shown at full capacity again, the cap will be a month or so on that.

Fortunately, Neighbours is set to resume filming later this week, but there will still be social distancing rules in place on set, which includes no kissing or holding hands. UK viewers will still be behind on the current storylines, as Channel 5's episodes are a few weeks later than the Australian broadcast.

Home and Away viewers, on the other hand, will seemingly have to wait a little longer before their favourite characters start work on some fresh material.

Just yesterday (April 28), Aussie actor Lynne McGranger informed a fan on Twitter that there have been no concrete plans made in regards to when the cast and crew can safely start shooting again.

"There's talk of June/July but only hearsay," she explained, along with a shrugging emoji.

Neighbours currently airs Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and weekdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Danners9
30-04-2020, 03:00
Presume the UK will be behind for quite a while, then. Reintroduce the Christmas break in Aus but air it in the UK and catch up that way? or just remain a few weeks behind.

Pantherboy
01-05-2020, 02:10
Presume the UK will be behind for quite a while, then. Reintroduce the Christmas break in Aus but air it in the UK and catch up that way? or just remain a few weeks behind.

Or maybe have double episodes (ie 2 a day) in the UK for just a couple of weeks to catch up again to Aust?

Danners9
01-05-2020, 07:52
Or maybe have double episodes (ie 2 a day) in the UK for just a couple of weeks to catch up again to Aust?

I think they probably will. The schedule for today has Neighbours at 1.45pm and 5.30pm. Same episode. In between there are double eps of Friends (like we have!!) and News. Could easily sacrifice one of those Friends repeats.

Pantherboy
07-05-2020, 23:10
A couple more Digital Spy articles on the return to filming:

Neighbours makes a major change to the show's extras after returning to filming
Cafe customers and joggers on screen will be a little different.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32401756/neighbours-filming-return-extras/

Neighbours stars confirm major rewrites after the show's surprise return to filming
"There's been hundreds, if not thousands, of changes by the script department."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32401003/neighbours-filming-return-rewrites/

its.like.that
13-05-2020, 03:13
So who is the old face back for good? I am thinking Skye

Pantherboy
22-05-2020, 23:27
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours cast share secrets of the show's return to filming during coronavirus pandemic
It's all change on set.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a32638128/neighbours-return-to-filming-coronavirus/

Neighbours has released a new video showing how life on set has changed for cast and crew due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Aussie show recently led the way in the TV industry by resuming filming with strict new guidelines to keep the team safe.

New behind-the-scenes footage now shows Takaya Honda (David Tanaka), Matt Wilson (Aaron Brennan), April Rose Pengilly (Chloe Brennan) and Tim Robards (Pierce Greyson) lift the lid on how it's being done.

The Neighbours studios in Nunawading, Melbourne have been split into four different "zones" in order to control the movement of cast and crew.

Cast are filming in small groups, with limited crossover, and must adhere to strict social distancing guidelines on set.

Other changes include temperature checks on arrival and hand sanitiser stations now installed in various places around the set.

Male cast members are no longer going in the make-up chair, while female cast members aren't having their make-up touched up throughout the day.

The show has also stopped using extras for the time being, with members of the production team stepping in to be background artists in scenes where necessary.

Members of the Neighbours team who don't need to be on set, such as the script and story department, are working from home. A number of scripts have been rewritten to remove intimate moments between the characters.

Neighbours returned to filming last month and its rival Home and Away will follow suit next week.

In the UK, ITV's Emmerdale has also started filming again for six special "lockdown" episodes showing how the characters have been coping during the pandemic.

Pantherboy
28-05-2020, 09:39
Herald Sun article. It is a subscriber only article, so I can't post the link here. Johnny Ruffo, who previously played Chris Harrington on Home & Away, is to make a 6 episode guest appearance on Neighbours:

Ex-Home And Away Johnny Ruffo joins Neighbours cast for six-episode stint
One of Home And Away’s most famous faces is trading Summer Bay for Ramsey Street and in a bid to shake things up in suburbs. Take a look at how Johnny Ruffo’s time on the soap will unfold.

Johnny Ruffo says he has checked off the Australian soap quinella after joining Neighbours for a guest appearance.

The actor and singer was a regular on Home And Away for more than three years and has now filmed a short stint on Ramsay St.

“I was down in Melbourne around March and it was great,’’ Ruffo said.

“It’s very fast moving. I thought Home And Away was quick but Neighbours was so much quicker. You can’t mess around, they were such professionals. I really enjoyed it.

“It’s just Australian royalty, those two shows. It was such an incredible experience and now I’m fortunate to have been on both shows.”

Ruffo will appear in scenes from June 8, for a six-episode guest appearance, playing the role of Owen who first appears as a prison guard, but then it emerges he is an accomplice for Andrea, played by Madeleine West.

“You never know I might get a call back,’’ Ruffo said.

“It’s a pretty interesting storyline and it’s a very different character to what I’ve previously played.”

Ruffo was given the all clear from cancer last year after a two-year battle with brain cancer.

“The last few scans have been positive so I’ve just got to keep staying healthy and every time I get a check up they move it out,’’ he said.

“The last one was every three months and now it’s moved to six months which is good news.

“At the time it was tough, but it’s in the past now and just focusing on the future.”

Pantherboy
19-06-2020, 01:16
Radio times.com article. I gather this will be the much speculated about return of Jane Harris (& her daughter), as I have posted previously? We will see.

Which Neighbours legend is returning as a regular?

Producer Jason Herbison gives us an exclusive hint about a big comeback......

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/soaps/neighbours/2020-06-18/neighbours-legend-return-jane-harris/

Pantherboy
07-07-2020, 23:34
Digital Spy article. Neighbours to continue filming:

Neighbours releases update on filming as Melbourne heads back into lockdown
The soap had resumed filming in April with new safety measures.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a33236941/neighbours-update-filming-melbourne-coronavirus-lockdown/

Neighbours has given an update on filming as the city of Melbourne goes back into lockdown.

On Tuesday (July 7), Victoria State Premier Daniel Andrews announced the lockdown after 191 new infections were recorded in the state, its highest daily number since the pandemic began.

"We are on the cusp of something very, very bad if we don't take these steps," Andrews said (via BBC News).

"I think a sense of complacency has crept into us as we let our frustrations get the better of us."

Speaking to Huff Post Australia, Neighbours production company Fremantle Australia said that the show would continue filming under "strict health and safety measures".

"Neighbours will continue under its current production model adopted when Stage 3 restrictions were first introduced in Victoria," Fremantle said in a statement.

"The strict health and safety measures we have adhered to for the past 11 weeks will be maintained, ensuring the well-being of our cast and crew remains intact."

The soap resumed filming in April with new safety measures, including having social distancing in place during scenes.

"It's going to look a bit odd. [But] Neighbours is a show that can get away with it," Fremantle Media's chief exec Chris-Oliver Taylor said at the time.

"We employ hundreds of staff who want to work and feel they can. It's important we continue to produce a show that reaches millions of people in the UK and a significant audience in Australia."

And:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/soaps/neighbours/2020-07-07/neighbours-filming-melbourne-lockdown/

Kyzaah
09-07-2020, 03:12
Am I the only one finding the social distancing/camera close ups and scene fade outs when they start kissing actually really funny? :lol:

The scene with Karl and Jane seems green screened too??

GrrArgh
09-07-2020, 06:12
Am I the only one finding the social distancing/camera close ups and scene fade outs when they start kissing actually really hilarious?

The scene with Karl and Jane seems green screened too??

This is all because of COVID restrictions. Are you expecting perfection? They're doing their best with what they've got.

Kyzaah
09-07-2020, 08:44
I know. I was just saying that I found it funny. I completely understand they have to work around the restrictions and are doing their best.

Pantherboy
22-07-2020, 22:53
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours reveals updated opening credits – with one character gone and three added
The titles get another shake-up.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a33387994/neighbours-opening-titles-july-2020/

Neighbours has revealed an updated version of the show's opening titles, with Digital Spy readers getting an exclusive first look.

The show's credits are ever-changing as characters come and go, so the latest update will take out Elly Conway (Jodi Anasta) following her departure from Ramsay Street.

Jane Harris (Annie Jones) and her daughter Nicolette Stone (Charlotte Chimes) will be added in, following the big news that they're moving to Erinsborough on a permanent basis.

Neighbours bosses have also taken the opportunity to add Clive Gibbons (Geoff Paine) to the titles to reflect his ongoing popularity with fans. Clive isn't currently a full-time regular.

The classic character will continue to appear in Neighbours on a semi-regular basis, with future storylines further exploring his relationship with Sheila Canning (Colette Mann).

Neighbours' executive producer Jason Herbison exclusively told Digital Spy: "We're thrilled to update the opening titles to include Annie, Charlotte and Geoff.

"While Annie and Charlotte are regular characters, Geoff will continue to be seen on a semi-regular basis, which works very well for us and for him. We've included him in the titles to reflect Dr Clive's importance to the community and we know the fans wanted it too – including fan club president Colette Mann!"

Ever the joker, Geoff Paine also told Digital Spy: "It feels like Clive has a place in the universe. There's no doubt my fans have been heard and I want to thank them both."

On the future for Clive and Sheila, Geoff added: "Shlive will have their ups and downs, and there could be dress-ups and secrets. I'd tell you more but they know where I live."

Neighbours' newest version of the titles will start airing in Australia tomorrow (July 23) and on UK screens in three weeks' time.

Channel 5 viewers will see Elly's departure at the end of next week.

Kyzaah
23-07-2020, 05:07
Wish they would add Richie! I love his relationship with McKenzie and want to see it grow more.

Pantherboy
03-08-2020, 23:33
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours permitted to continue filming amid heightened COVID-19 restrictions in Victoria
Stage 4 restrictions are now in place across metropolitan Melbourne.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a33497122/neighbours-filming-continue-covid-19-restrictions-victoria/

Neighbours has been permitted to continue filming amid heightened COVID-19 restrictions in Victoria

The soap films in the Australian state, which has recently been subjected to tighter coronavirus safety measures amid a spike of cases in the area.

However, TV Tonight has since confirmed Neighbours can continue filming in Victoria under Stage 4 restrictions as one of the industries allowed to remain open with a COVID-Safe Plan ? although this is just a recommendation.

It is possible the soap could still shut down filming on its own accord as an extra precaution, though it does have appropriate safety measures in place to facilitate such filming.

The news comes as Neighbours is currently on a scheduled production break, as confirmed by Sheila Canning actress Colette Mann on Instagram.

"Stage 4 restrictions just as Neighbours has a production break of sorts," she wrote. "So fingers crossed we can go back soon."

The Stage 4 restrictions introduced across metropolitan Melbourne will be in place in for six weeks from Sunday, August 2 until Sunday, September 13. Regional Victoria will return to Stage 3 restrictions from Thursday, August 6.

Digital Spy has reached out for comment to Neighbours about its intended course of action.

Earlier this month, Dipi Rebecchi actress Sharon Johal reassured fans that the soap was "operating with the same considered, strict and extensive safety precautions and protocol" following an initial increase in Australian coronavirus cases.

"Please don't worry, it's 'business as usual' at @neighbours, and by 'usual', I mean this new world 'COVID-19' usual," she told her followers.

Neighbours was the first soap to resume filming amid the pandemic, with many of the soap's cast and crew having returned to work in April.

Neighbours airs on Channel 5 in the UK and 10 Peach in Australia.

And the article from tvtonight.com.au

Broadcasting & Production can continue in Victoria

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/08/broadcasting-production-can-continue-in-victoria.html

Pantherboy
17-08-2020, 23:36
Digital Spy article:

7 subtle changes in Neighbours' recent episodes ? did you spot them?
The soap has been shooting scenes with new health and safety measures in place.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a33623612/neighbours-changes-august-2020/

Pantherboy
17-08-2020, 23:38
Digital Spy article - a new Neighbours trailer:

Neighbours teases dramatic September storylines in new trailer
There's trouble ahead on Ramsay Street.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a33625114/neighbours-spoilers-september-storylines/

Neighbours spoilers follow for UK and Australian viewers.

Neighbours has given fans a first look at September on Ramsay Street in a new promo.

Channel 5 has released a trailer which previews some of the huge storylines in store for viewers next month.

If you're an Australian viewer, some of these big moments may be airing even sooner, as 10 Peach is currently three weeks ahead of the UK broadcasts.

In upcoming episodes, newcomer Nicolette Stone (Charlotte Chimes) declares her love for Chloe Brennan (April Rose Pengilly) after moving into Number 24.

By this point, Nicolette has agreed to become a live-in carer for Chloe's mum Fay (Zoe Bertram), who has come to Ramsay Street for a visit. Could her revelation sabotage the arrangement?

Meanwhile, Shane Rebecchi (Nicholas Coghlan) will arouse suspicion from his wife Dipi (Sharon Johal) as he continues to take drugs in secret.

The wider drama surrounding the drugs also looks set to affect police officers Levi Canning (Richie Morris) and Yashvi Rebecchi (Olivia Junkeer), while Harlow Robinson (Jemma Donovan) and Susan Kennedy (Jackie Woodburne) find themselves in danger at the school.

Elsewhere, new character Rose (Lucy Durack) is seen making her debut as a personal assistant for Toadie (Ryan Moloney).

Toadie warms to Rose and her humorous attitude when she shows a love for pranks, but when she's later caught trying to break into the lawyer's confidential computer files, it seems she has a hidden agenda.

Pantherboy
26-08-2020, 22:10
Digital Spy article. Time for Channel 5 to catch up with Australia again??

Neighbours fans launch campaign for Channel 5 to catch up with Australia again
"We need to catch up with the Aussies again."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a33805848/neighbours-campaign-channel-5-catch-up-australia/

Neighbours fans in the UK have launched a new campaign for episodes to catch up with Australia after Channel 5 fell behind earlier this year.

Currently, episodes are broadcast in the UK three weeks after airing Down Under, meaning fans have to endure rather a long wait.

The change came back in March amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, with UK broadcasters reducing the amount of weekly soap episodes to keep a steady pace and episodes in stock until filming could resume safely.

However, Neighbours' Australian episodes kept at the same pace as usual in the country, meaning their broadcast has fallen somewhat out of sync in the UK.

A new hashtag called #NeighboursCatchUp has now emerged among UK fans urging Channel 5 to catch up with Australia again.

"Right @channel5_tv Give us some #Neighbours joy and get us back to speed with our Aussie buddies. There?s no Covid in Erinsborough so we don?t need to socially distance with the Kennedys!" one fan tweeted.

Another added: "I'm lonely here in Melbourne lockdown- I miss my English/Irish/Scot/Welsh pals because they're three weeks behind the #Neighbours AU broadcast schedule! What is this; 2015? Sync us back up please, @channel5_tv @NeighboursTV! We're the perfect audience blend."

"Please please please @neighbours@channel5_tv as a loyal British viewer since the start of the Kennedy era we need to catch up with the Aussies again," a third tweeted. "I've not watched online and it's very hard to avoid spoilers. I love @neighbours so let's catch up #neighbourscatchup."

Danners9
27-08-2020, 03:52
It felt like a strange move at the time. Production didn't really suffer. They took a break but they do every year anyway, but there hasn't been any interruption in the broadcast. If there was, sure, I could see why Channel 5 would reduce its schedule, but it should have been led by production in Australia with C5 to follow.

C5 would have to find shows to slot in, probably at short notice, but to take the decision by themselves is odd. At no point did it seem like Neighbours had to slow down or be postponed in Australia, and cast members even said there were enough episodes already in the can to see them through for a while.

Now they have the awkward task of catching up, as predicted.

kaz21
27-08-2020, 11:30
It was silly of ch 5 to take a break, untill they knew, what Aus was doing.

Ruffed_lemur
27-08-2020, 16:43
I don't mind about not catching up. At least it's on. Anyway, there was recent talk about filming stopping again due to a virus flare-up.

Pantherboy
30-08-2021, 23:02
Nowtolove.com.au article as Neighbours celebrates 35 years in the UK.

Delta Goodrem shares iconic throwback moments to celebrates 35 years of Neighbours in the UK
Nina Tucker is back!

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/neighbours/delta-goodrem-neighbours-anniversary-68863

Our iconic Aussie Delta Goodrem has had such a stellar career we almost forgot she starred as Nina Tucker on Neighbours.

The soap is celebrating 35 years in the United Kingdom, which has seen the small down under program become a British staple.

To celebrate the huge milestone Delta took to her Instagram to post a slew of throwback moments, and she looks so fresh-faced.

Watch Delta sing Born To Try on Neighbours below.

In the first video, Delta is singing her most popular song, Born To Try, which she released in 2002 and subsequently performed on the show.

She also posted a cast photoshoot, an in-character portrait, a scene from the hairdressers, a video of her acting and a more recent picture with her former castmates.

Delta took part in a reunion hosted by BBC Radio which featured iconic actors like Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan, Ian Smith, and Anne Charleston.

The singer accompanied her post with a caption detailing how grateful she is for the opportunity to reflect on her past role.

Watch Delta as Nina in the video below.

"Neighbours♥️💕 where it all began. I am so excited to be joining @realscottmills on @bbcradio2 🇬🇧 today for the Ramsay Street reunion in celebration of the show being on air for 35 YEARS in the UK!!! wow. Honoured to be on the show with the best of the best xxx," she wrote.

In the broadcast, speaking with host Scott Mills, Delta recalled her days on the soap fondly, she said,"

It was a beautiful start to a wonderful journey with that show and that song [Born To Try]."

Of course, Delta's comment section erupted in the spirit of nostalgia.

Big Brother VIP star Ellie Gonsalves revealed, "Bruv this was the moment I fell in love with you.. and still love you all these years later haha ❤️," and Renee Bargh wrote, "👏👏."

One fan relished in their memories by commenting, "Omg this brings back so so many memories," and another penned the sweet message, "Loved you then, love you now 😝♥️."

In anticipation of the anniversary broadcast, Kylie Minogue spoke about reuniting with her cast and revealed they weren't so well-behaved back in the day.

"It's been a while, it's been way, way too long," said Kylie.

"It was a big decision to leave Ramsey Street. I've been getting very nostalgic myself and for the likes of Jason and myself, Guy Pearce, Annie Jones, the kind of the naughty kids of the bunch, it was such an incredible training ground to work with people like Anne and Ian and so many other incredible actors."