PDA

View Full Version : Prophecy Theory

Behemoth
20-07-2005, 21:18
Here's a theory of mine for you :)

The Prophecy states that:
The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches … born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies … and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have the power the Dark Lord knows not … and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives … the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...

The first part indicates that the person who has the ability to kill Lord Voldemort will be born at the end of July to parents who have defied Voldemort three times in the past. It also says that Voldemort will mark this person as an equal but he will have a power that Voldemort doesn't know about. Up to this point, the prophecy seems pretty plain as to it's meaning. After this point though, it becomes a bit open to interpretation.
It states that:
… and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives … the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...

This appears to mean that either Harry must be killed by Voldemort or Voldemort must be killed by Harry and also that neither of them can live whilst the other one is still living.

However, this could also mean something completely different. Look again at the last section, suppose that "the other" is someone completely different, not Harry or Voldemort.
… and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives … the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...
This could mean that either Harry or Voldemort must be killed by someone different, because they can't both live whilst the other person is living.

I think that the other is Neville. This would mean that either Harry or Voldemort must be killed by Neville because they can't both keep living whilst Neville is living. In other words, either Neville and Harry can live, or Neville and Voldemort can live, but not all three of them.

Abi
21-07-2005, 09:23
Thats a well good theory, i never thought of it like that. It could well be correct

$sTaCeY$
21-07-2005, 09:27
very good therory if neville was to kill someone i want him to kill the dark lord because i don't want harry to die!

daisy38
21-07-2005, 09:29
That is some bloody good thinking! :D

Abi
21-07-2005, 09:32
Your dea clever with all these theories

Either that or i'm really dumb

Perhaps its a bit of both!

hayley
20-08-2005, 16:57
i now understand!! You are good at explaining things!!

Abbie
20-08-2005, 22:07
wow you good at thinking