PDA

View Full Version : Sunbeds

phils little sister
19-07-2005, 12:23
Does anyone do Sunbeds on here? I have been doing a few the past week my brother keeps giving out to me saying there bad for me and i should just sit out in the sun - i do sit out in the sun but im in work all week and miss most of the nice weather (and we dont get much of it), but i am starting to get a tan already so when i get my Base ill stop doing them - i dont want to be all white on holidays in my bikini.

I suppose he is just concerned for me because i had a lump on my back a few years ago (it turned out not to be cancer) but i had to have an operation to get it removed, and it left me with a horrible scar, i dont know!

What does everyone think about Sunbeds?

daisy38
19-07-2005, 12:38
I did my very first sunbed a couple of weeks ago! Yes, they can be bad for the skin and thats why you shouldn't do any more than 10mins at a time!

phils little sister
19-07-2005, 12:39
OOPS i do 17 its a lie down one

myra129
19-07-2005, 22:39
I do sunbed sessions a couple of times a year, at the start of summer to give me a base to work with and then in the winter. I notice after a few weeks of using them i start to look wrinkly on my chest area so then i stop. If ur goin to a salon id say do about 9 mins to start but if ur using one in the house u need longer because their usually weaker. Just see how ur skin goes and use loads of moisturiser after ever session.

Jade
19-07-2005, 22:41
TBH i'd say stay away, its almost like mutting yourself in a microwave!!.

If you are going to do it keep a very close eye on any changes in moles or any new ones developing (of course you should do this anyway).

Treacle
19-07-2005, 23:00
I've got a sunbed. 3 of the lights are broke on it though and it's making a funny noise :) Have to get it fixed!

Debs
19-07-2005, 23:15
i wouldnt do sunbeds! my nvq assessor used them and she looked ike a wrinkled old dog so that put me off for life!!

JessicaRabbit
22-07-2005, 15:57
I have never and will never use a sunbed. I'm fair skined as it is. Really can't afford to damage my skin like that. A bottle does me fine!

$sTaCeY$
22-07-2005, 16:01
I would never use a sunbed with all the things they can cause!