PDA

View Full Version : showdown

chance
18-07-2005, 07:50
The promised showdown between Orlaith and Kemal finally happened with Makosi and Derek as support.

Kemal explained, "Makosi and I have been friends for seven weeks and have been through a lot together. It's come to my attention that people are saying things behind my back. I don't appreciate it if people are saying 'don't trust this and don't trust that' and to me, they're nice as pie."

Orlaith was sympathetic until she twigged he was talking about her.

"I will not accept someone coming between two good friends," said Kemal.

"I'm not doing that," protested Orlaith. "I have never tried to do that."

It was time for the big guns. Enter Derek.

"If this was a court of law I would be able to read out a charge sheet against you too, because I know you've said things about me," he said.

"Derek, I have not said anything about you," replied Orlaith, suddenly looking cornered.

"I am not a mole and there are no grounds for saying I am," said Derek.

Orlaith told him she only said that to him in the context that any one of them could be a mole.

I am not a racist and there are no grounds for claiming I am," came Derek's second charge.

Orlaith said she'd listened to other people's opinions and shouldn't have. She also told him she looked up to him and was nice about him in the Diary Room.

"The third thing is, I do not have a problem with women, nor do I have a problem with intelligent women," Derek stated.

Again Orlaith admitted to listening to the opinions of those who had been in the House longer than her.

Derek summed up. "If you feel there's tension between us, it's with a cause. But, I wipe the slate clean. It is forgotten," he summed up formally.

Kemal then got another shot in at the witness. "It's not nice to hear someone is saying to your best friend - don't trust them, if they've voted for you."

"All I said was, you can't trust a person you don't know," said Orlaith and got some backing from Makosi.

Makosi then turned prosecutor and asked Kemal why he voted for her. Suddenly Kemal didn't want frankness. "I don't have to explain my decision," he told her.

They didn't exactly hug afterwards but it cleared the air. For tonight.