PDA

View Full Version : 15 Emmy Nominations!

Trinity
15-07-2005, 17:21
It is great to see that the Housewives have been nominated for no less than 15 Emmys!

It is down as a comedy rather than serious drama so it should benefit from the demise of Friends, Frasier and Sex in the City.

3 of the housewives are up for Best Actress, Susan, Bree and Lynette.

Lets hope that Terri Hatcher doesn't win, her head is big enough already! Her slap-stick is passable but the best lines are always said by Bree or Lynette.

Poor Gabrielle, what an omission!

blondelilangel
15-07-2005, 21:41
i'm surprised that Eva who plays Gaby isn't up for an award, i think she plays her character really well... I think she deserves 1. I'm not so keen on the character Lynette to be honest, i think her storylines have been pretty 'dull' at mo (but her husband tom is cute). Hopefully they will get a bigger story next season.

willow
15-07-2005, 22:34
i would love terri hatcher to win it i think she is a fab actress

Abbie
15-07-2005, 22:50
wow thats alot of awards

Trinity
16-07-2005, 11:29
I love Lynette! Although Bree gets the best lines, Lynette is sharp, intelligent and she has a lot on her plate. I think most mothers, especially working mothers will identify morethan a little with Lynette

Abbie
16-07-2005, 17:30
i love Lynette too but i feel sorry for her as she doesnt get many big storylines

Trinity
17-07-2005, 20:20
She should have more next season, when she is going back to work and Tom stays at home with the kids.. We still don't know what Tom's big secret is, so there will be more on that.

I loved the insecurity stories with her worrying about that old flame in the office, and always being harrassed.

I wasn't so keen on the drug stories with her taking the boys hyperactivity medicine. She has also had stories with the nanny and getting her boys into the right school. Very true to character.

Abbie
17-07-2005, 21:34
i cant wait

Trinity
19-09-2005, 17:44
Congratulations to Felicity Huffman who plays Lynette. She won the best comedy actress emmy.