PDA

View Full Version : 'Casualty' actor keeps job after court case

Emmak2005
14-07-2005, 22:21
Casualty star Simon MacCorkindale is to keep his job after pleading guilty to leaving the scene of an accident.

The actor, who plays Director of Emergency Medicine Harry Harper in the BBC hospital drama, was hit with a two-year driving ban after he knocked a cyclist over in Somerset on May 23rd this year, whilst on his way to a rehearsal in Bristol. The victim suffered serious head injuries and bruising.

MacCorkindale was ordered to pay £5,000 compensation to the victim, John Lilley, at the hearing at Taunton Deane Magistrates Court yesterday and also told to pay £550 costs.

A BBC spokesman told the PA: "I can confirm that Simon has not been suspended or fired from the show."

http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/casualty/160x120_casualty_simonmaccorkindale%20_harry.jpg

CrazyLea
14-07-2005, 22:41
cool im glad he hasnt been fired or suspended (not that i new about this incident lol)

Jessie Wallace
14-07-2005, 22:44
So glad he is staying, i quite like his character, and i wanna see what happens with him and Selena

$sTaCeY$
14-07-2005, 22:47
I never knew about Simone causing a crash, thankfully the person is ok and Simone is still playing in casualty

JustJodi
14-07-2005, 22:54
I never knew about Simone causing a crash, thankfully the person is ok and Simone is still playing in casualty

I do not understand why he got to keep his job when other soap stars did less and they were sacked .... I just do not understand the BBC mentality:searchme:

$sTaCeY$
14-07-2005, 22:55
I do not understand why he got to keep his job when other soap stars did less and they were sacked .... I just do not understand the BBC mentality:searchme:

because he is a good character!! thats why in my opinion

CrazyLea
14-07-2005, 23:00
so what do you guys think will happen between him and selena??

daisy38
15-07-2005, 08:32
I don't think anything will happen between Harry and Selena he'll just pine for her!! But then again if Will does something AGAIN to her (like cheating) then maybe she'll go running to Harry!

Abi
15-07-2005, 09:24
Hes a great charcter, i'm pleased he's not leaveing

Jojo
15-07-2005, 11:26
After last saturdays episode, Harry knows that Selena can never feel the same way about him as he does her, so I don't think anything will happen between them bar them being excellent friends.

I suppose the BBC have allowed him to stay mostly because he pleaded guilty, but IMO its no excuse for him to have knocked someone over and then leaving the scene of the crime, it doesn't matter who you are - I am glad he isn't going though, as we have lost too many "long standing" casualty actors of late, even though they keep having clearouts - I have to admit though Max was my most definite fave!!

CrazyLea
15-07-2005, 11:46
patrick was my favourite. i was so upset when he died lol :(

yeah your probubly right with the harry and selena thing. i think theyd make quite a good couple though lol

Jojo
15-07-2005, 12:00
well, they were dining together when harry's wife had the car accident with tally so.....

Jessie Wallace
15-07-2005, 22:48
They should so get it on, Harry and Selina.

Abi
16-07-2005, 11:45
yeah, they're really good together at the minute, so no reason not to!

Crazy Gal 88
16-07-2005, 19:25
i think its out of order that he kept his job! he may be a role model to some people and this is giving out the wrong messga eto everyone i think!

i dont think him and selena should get together - i just dont think they work really....

pookie1968uk
18-07-2005, 17:11
yes he should be treated no differently to anyone else and hope he didnt get away with it because of who he is. i dont think i would be very impressed if i had been the person left when he drove away

JustJodi
18-07-2005, 17:17
yes he should be treated no differently to anyone else and hope he didnt get away with it because of who he is. i dont think i would be very impressed if i had been the person left when he drove away
i agree with you there,,, he should be treated no differently.. if it had been any of us on this forum we would have been sacked !! But because of his so called celebrity status he gets off the hook, and as the other gal said ,, it sends the wrong message !!!:nono:

$sTaCeY$
18-07-2005, 18:02
i agree with you there,,, he should be treated no differently.. if it had been any of us on this forum we would have been sacked !! But because of his so called celebrity status he gets off the hook, and as the other gal said ,, it sends the wrong message !!!:nono:

It does send out the wrong message i suppose but being that he is a celebrity he got off the hook for it

samantha nixon
19-07-2005, 08:17
im so glad simon's staying but i agree with what justjodi said though

kirsty_g
05-08-2005, 15:32
im so glad simon's staying but i agree with what justjodi said though

me to