PDA

View Full Version : Brad Pitt recovering from Meningitus

Abi
14-07-2005, 18:50
Actor Brad Pitt has been released from a US hospital after being diagnosed with viral meningitis.
The 41-year-old was admitted to a Los Angeles hospital earlier this week suffering from a "flu-like" illness.

He was later diagnosed with a mild case of viral meningitis - an illness that involves inflammation of the tissues covering the brain and spinal cord.

Pitt's publicist Cindy Guagenti said the actor was "doing well" and recovering at home.

Africa trip

Viral meningitis - although considered serious - is rarely fatal in people with normal immune systems.

Pitt was admitted to hospital just days after returning from Ethiopia with his Mr and Mrs Smith co-star Angelina Jolie, who recently adopted a baby from the African country.

The actor separated from his wife, Friends star Jennifer Aniston in January.

She filed for divorce two months later, citing irreconcilable differences.

Jojo
15-07-2005, 11:55
I wish meningitis got more coverage and it frustrates me when these illnesses only make the news when famous people get them (Kylie being another)

My youngest contracted scepticemic meningitis (sp?) when he was 7 months old and it was only because I knew the warning signs that he hasn't suffered any major problems and came through it very well, and quickly....more publicity is needed for normal people about these things!

Abi
15-07-2005, 12:36
i bet half the people that have read this didn't know thats you can even get that sort of meninjitus

I guess the only good side of Brad getting it, and Kylie getting cancer is that more people do become aware of it, so it is publicity in its own right

Jojo
15-07-2005, 12:39
I agree, though all they've said about Brad is the flu like symptoms which go with the viral jobby - they should also remind everyone of the bacterial symptoms too. And remind everyone that you don't have to have all of the symptoms to indicate that is what it is.

di marco
16-07-2005, 07:50
I agree, though all they've said about Brad is the flu like symptoms which go with the viral jobby - they should also remind everyone of the bacterial symptoms too. And remind everyone that you don't have to have all of the symptoms to indicate that is what it is.

yeh i agree, my sis had menigitis when she was younger and my mum only knew to take her to the hospital quickly cos she had read something about it somewhere, but i havent really read anything about it or been told about the syptoms