PDA

View Full Version : everyone please read- its such a good idea!!!

Bad Wolf
14-07-2005, 17:41
hey, i got this as a email forward from JudeJude, its such a fab idea i thought i would share it with you lot

Following the disaster in London . . .

East Anglian Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of
Emergency ( ICE ) "

The idea is that you store the word " I C E " in your mobile phone
address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would
want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able
to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact
them. It's so simple that everyone can do it. Please do.

Please will you also email this to everybody in your address book, it
won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It
really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest.

For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc

Treacle
14-07-2005, 17:55
I'll do it.

Meh
14-07-2005, 17:57
Just don't put in the same mobile number!

$sTaCeY$
14-07-2005, 18:09
great idea

di marco
15-07-2005, 08:12
Just don't put in the same mobile number!

eh? :confused:

di marco
15-07-2005, 08:13
its a good idea, ill tell my mum and dad to do it :)

daisy38
15-07-2005, 08:28
I did it, but then when ever my mum rang me it came up ICE instead of Mum Mo! It was annoying me so i deleated it!

Abi
15-07-2005, 09:12
I was sent that email as well. its such a fab idea, would save a lot of time, which potentailly could be used to save someone elses

Meh
15-07-2005, 09:19
eh? :confused:

i.e. don't put in your mobile number. Would be pretty daft to call you when you're injured?

Abi
15-07-2005, 09:26
lol-pointless or what.

If they found your phone though, surely they would find "home" or "Mum and Dad" ETC and just call them. Its still a good idea though

Keating's babe
15-07-2005, 09:41
I did it, but then when ever my mum rang me it came up ICE instead of Mum Mo! It was annoying me so i deleated it!

I've done it and put I.C.E after their name so you will still know who it is. :)

Abi
15-07-2005, 09:42
why dont you just put +44 before it, then it should come up different but still call teh same person

Bad Wolf
15-07-2005, 09:50
why dont you put ICE- mum mob on the names bit so they can identify exactly who they are calling- i have 3 different ICE numbers- grandparents, home, mum mobile????

di marco
16-07-2005, 08:31
i.e. don't put in your mobile number. Would be pretty daft to call you when you're injured?

oh right lol!

di marco
16-07-2005, 08:31
why dont you put ICE- mum mob on the names bit so they can identify exactly who they are calling- i have 3 different ICE numbers- grandparents, home, mum mobile????

thats a good idea rach

Jade
18-07-2005, 21:51

But if your ICE was your boyf or hubby the wouldnt know what too look for unless it said ICE.

myra129
19-07-2005, 13:07
Done it and sent email to my addy book too, gonna tell bf to do it when he gets home from work too.

Jade
24-07-2005, 20:01
Vodafone have moved to reassure customers that putting ICE (In Case of Emergency) in your mobile phone will NOT cause a problem.
A spokesman for the company said it helped the East Anglian Ambulance NHS Trust launch the initiative earlier this year.
An email has since been circulating suggesting that it is part of a mobile phone virus which searches your address book, locates the ICE entry and charges you for calls or downloads made.
Matt Ware, communications officer for the EAAT, said: "It amazes me how many people - including some Police services and NHS Trusts - have fallen for this hoax.
"All you are doing when you input ICE is adding an entry into your address book. It is 100% impossible for anyone or anything external to search your phone's address book.
"If it were possible then the entire mobile phone industry would already have come crashing down around us as magical forces scoured our address books for common entries such as mum, dad, home or work."
Mr Ware urged people who received the email to engage their brains before blindly forwarding it on like a lemming.
He added: "If you've got this far, thank you for bothering to check the news section with the big 'NOT A SCAM' headline before posting a message on our guestbook asking if this is a scam..."

Tori
24-07-2005, 21:46
it's really annoying, it cuts off half the words, and thats it afterthe word...