PDA

View Full Version : My hair

Treacle
14-07-2005, 01:24
Well this is the result of my Kat Slater hairdo! :rolleyes:
Far too dark. The red dye on top of my blonde hair has turned it into that dark tint with blonde streaks in here and there. What would you recommend I do now? I obviously want a lighter red.
It still needs cut as well!
And yes I have cut my face out of the pic obviously, it's not for the faint hearted. I've got bags under me eyes! Well it's hardly surprising is it? :lol:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8928/gfgffgfg4os.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us/)

Abi
14-07-2005, 12:16
If you hav enough money go to the hair dressers, they could strip off all of that colour and get the right colour that you wanted

Treacle
14-07-2005, 12:27
I would feel like I'm letting my mobile hairdresser down though :)

Abi
14-07-2005, 12:29
Couldn't she do it?

phils little sister
14-07-2005, 12:30
the girl that lives next door to me gets her hair done a red underneath and a blonde on top, but whatever happened when the girl did her hair the other day it turned purpley / pinky, it was horrible

she got it done again yesterday, she just stripped her hair and put more blonde in it but the blonde now looks sliverly grey - i just told her it was lovely but it wasnt it really looked like an old womans grey hairs coming out :rotfl:

Abi
14-07-2005, 12:32
Maybe she reacted or something to the dye.

The friend dyed hte ends of her hair purple, and now there blonde because it reacted badly. Shes still kept it though because it looks really funky

Treacle
14-07-2005, 12:34
I'm going to try another red dye! It'll probably do something bad though.

phils little sister
14-07-2005, 12:37
she said she thinks the girl that did her hair ran out of blonde dye so she just mixed it with the red - cause her sister got her hair done too and hers was grand - id say thats what happened, sometimes it takes a few times for colours to come out tho,

My hairs blonde at the moment, when i first went all blonde it was real orange i looked like a club Orange Bottle head, cause underneath was really dark it didnt really take to it the top of my head is ok but underneath is orangy going to get another colour in it this weekend hopefully it will turn out proper this time

Abi
14-07-2005, 12:39
Well my hairs brown and its staying brown

I dont want to dye it because i wouldn't be able to stand the hasle of re-dying it when the roots show.

I'm lazy like that though!

phils little sister
14-07-2005, 12:40
mines brown too - i ust to just get blonde highlights on top but then i fancied a change!

Abi
14-07-2005, 12:42
my sister does that

Treacle
14-07-2005, 13:30
I just fancy a change although that colour isn't too bad.

myra129
22-07-2005, 10:53
I dye my hair blonde and last time i dyed it thought it would be cool to do the underneath red (my m8 has underneath of hers brown and looks really good). So anyway looked amazing for 1st 2 days then i washed it, the red has run into my blonde and now i have red, pink and blonde hair :( went to the hairdressers yesterday and shes advised that i dont dye it for a few weeks cos of the condition so now im stuck with my multi-coloured hair :crying:

myra129
22-07-2005, 10:57
Oh by the way, my hairdresser also said if you want to get rid of unwanted colour then apparently vosene is the best shampoo to use because its the strongest one, it strips the colour off, obviously not straight away but over a few weeks i think. Thats what she advised me to use till im allowed to dye it anyway.

Luna
22-07-2005, 11:16
Washing up liquid is also good to get rid of hair dye

Abi
22-07-2005, 22:28
Washing up liquid is also good to get rid of hair dye

:eek: Really? Strange!

Luna
22-07-2005, 22:45
Yeah it works really well found it on a tips website. Being a ginger, it is really hard to get hair dye out of red hair. I use it all the time now lol

Abi
22-07-2005, 23:55
Thats a well good idea

Kim
23-07-2005, 00:02
My friend has blonde hair and she died it red but it came out orange.

Abi
23-07-2005, 12:37
That happens sometimes, especially if your new to dyeing i guess. My friends her reacted to this purple dye nad turned it blonde. It was just the ends though, but it looked very funny

.:Kitz:.
26-07-2005, 16:57
i would never dye my hair at home, i'd be to worried that i'd got it wrong. And also, if you go to the hairdressers and they get it wrong, they'll correct it free of charge so thats one of the reasons i go there instead of let my mother anywhere near my hair!! If she gets it wrong, it would be embaressing going into the hairdressers and telling them that you mucked up your hair where as if you go to a hairdressers and they muck it up you can pin all the blame on them. Sorted.

kayleigh6654
26-07-2005, 23:18
I don't get my hair dyed at the hairdressers anymore, yeah they correct it for free if they mess it up, but there's still the fact that they've messed it up. I dye mine myself and its fine!

kirsty_g
27-08-2005, 08:36
cool

hazey
27-08-2005, 10:08
I used to dye my own to cover the grey,but each time you never know how dark it would come out and when it faded it went gingery,so go to hairdresser now,have a lighter colour and blonde highlights sorted,and it makes me look younger too. Bonus :)