PDA

View Full Version : Holby City 2018

Perdita
30-05-2018, 21:08
Holby City star Rosie Marcel has teased that another main character will be killed off.

The actress, who plays Jac Naylor on the BBC One hospital drama, revealed in a recent interview that one of the soap's main characters will meet their end "fairly soon". Gulp.

"They are going to kill off someone fairly soon actually," Rosie told Inside Soap.

"And that's a main character, so there really is no fear when it comes to doing stuff like that.

"Who knows what will happen to Jac?"

We don't know which character Rosie is referring to, although we do know that Holby City hasn't had much trouble killing off its main characters as of late.

In December, the soap said goodbye to beloved doctor Raf di Lucca (Joe McFadden).

Raf was killed off in one of the's soaps most shocking ever exits, which almost also saw the end of Jac herself.

After nearly four years in the show, he became a victim of Henrik Hanssen's son Fredrik, who'd targeted the hospital's staff in a shooting rampage in a two-part special.

The dramatic scenes were followed by actor and Strictly Come Dancing winner Joe visiting his own memorial in the show's hospital. A little creepy, no?

So, who will be next to meet their maker? Guess we'll find out "soon" enough.

Digital Spy

hward
31-05-2018, 08:29
So long as it's not Dom, Jac, Fletch, or Frieda...although wasn't Frieda only supposed to be back for six months? Personally I hope it's Gaskell that goes, can't stand him.

hward
06-06-2018, 14:56
Well it isn't Frieda who dies then, which I'd honestly convinced myself it was going to be. Jac while Gaskell is operating perhaps?

jj9961
07-06-2018, 02:35
Is it going to be Jac???? [emoji31][emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rear window
07-06-2018, 10:06
Is it going to be Jac???? [emoji31][emoji31]

Bound to be.
I might stop watching it then.

hward
07-06-2018, 11:18
Bound to be.
I might stop watching it then.

I agree. If it is Jac who gets killed off then I will also no longer be watching. For me Jac is Holby City.

Perdita
07-06-2018, 11:37
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/holby-city/news/a858889/holby-city-spoilers-trailer-death-hints/

Holby City has revealed two big death hints in its new trailer, suggesting that Jac Naylor or Essie Harrison could be the unlucky victim.

Rosie Marcel – who plays Jac – recently confirmed that a main character will be killed off in the coming month, leaving fans to speculate over who it could be.

With no further information available at the time being, the show's recent summer trailer has naturally set tongues wagging – with both Jac and Essie facing worrying health battles.

Viewers know that Jac is already facing a bleak future after discovering that her recent gunshot wound will eventually leave her wheelchair bound.

BBC Holby City

@BBCHolbyCity
HAPPY TUESDAY, HAPPY SUMMER!! ☀️�� ❤️ #HolbyCity https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0696n52 …

10:00 PM - Jun 5, 2018
214 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
With this in mind, Jac has signed herself up for John Gaskell's potentially life-saving operation that pioneers stem cell research – convinced that it's her only chance of making a full recovery.

Sadly, the trailer suggests that more bleak times are on the way for Jac, while Essie also finds herself having a health scare of her own. Is one of them going to meet their maker?

Speaking to Inside Soap, Rosie said: "They are going to kill off someone fairly soon actually. And that's a main character, so there really is no fear when it comes to doing stuff like that. Who knows what will happen to Jac?"

Other noticeable moments in the trailer include Bernie's return and subsequent reunion with Serena, Lofty popping the question to Dom, and a Casualty crossover when Ethan Hardy makes an appearance.

jj9961
07-06-2018, 12:04
I agree. If it is Jac who gets killed off then I will also no longer be watching. For me Jac is Holby City.

Agree 100%! How can they kill her off!? I see where they’re going with the gunshot wound but Holby is nothing without her. I definitely won’t be interested to watch. She gives the show so much energy. I bet this is what’s going to happen...as she’s dying, Fletch is finally going to kiss her. Wow

Rear window
07-06-2018, 12:09
Agree 100%! How can they kill her off!? I see where they’re going with the gunshot wound but Holby is nothing without her. I definitely won’t be interested to watch. She gives the show so much energy. I bet this is what’s going to happen...as she’s dying, Fletch is finally going to kiss her. Wow

It'll be another tragic love story if they do.. and yes perhaps the wounding of her thus making her unfixable except by dangerous risky lunatic surgery is a step too far. She'll die. Gaskell will leave and that'll be the end of that.

It'll be crap.
I thought Raf going was harsh, but Jac dying will be too much.

hward
07-06-2018, 15:28

It's a complete waste if they do kill her off and we're left with wooden characters like Gaskell and that Meena lass. I'd even put up with a love triangle between Jac/Fletch/Abigail if it means Jac ssurvives. Oh, and I thought Essie had left?

Edit - Having watched the trailer I don't think Jac dies as there's clips where she's dressed as if working and appears to be walking fine. I'm back to thinking it's Frieda.

jj9961
13-06-2018, 15:37
Does anyone else really not like what they’re doing with Fletch and Abigail? I don’t buy their fling/relationship whatsoever. It’s odd to me, just my opinion. I thought what he had with Jac was much more real.

Rear window
13-06-2018, 15:39
Does anyone else really not like what they’re doing with Fletch and Abigail? I don’t buy their fling/relationship whatsoever. It’s odd to me, just my opinion. I thought what he had with Jac was much more real.

Jac and Fletch were marriage happy ever after material. Even if it constituted a leaving together holding hands.
I think that's the only way Jac should go.
But without her Holby will be lost.

hward
13-06-2018, 16:37

I agree. With Jac there's been the build up of them getting closer and her letting him in (as much as Jac ever does anyway) and even up to when she left there was still the feeling that it could carry on when she returned. Whereas with Abigail it's just literally all come out of the blue and it feels like they're not on an even keel. If they've done it purely for the purpose of a love triangle with Jac then I'll tolerate it so long as he gets with Jac in the end! I liked her with Johnny, hated her with Self-Absorbed, and had high hopes for her with Fletch...

Rear window
13-06-2018, 19:38
I agree. With Jac there's been the build up of them getting closer and her letting him in (as much as Jac ever does anyway) and even up to when she left there was still the feeling that it could carry on when she returned. Whereas with Abigail it's just literally all come out of the blue and it feels like they're not on an even keel. If they've done it purely for the purpose of a love triangle with Jac then I'll tolerate it so long as he gets with Jac in the end! I liked her with Johnny, hated her with Self-Absorbed, and had high hopes for her with Fletch...

Me too with her previous flings.

Fletch is lovely and he softens Jac in a way that's really nice to watch.

lizann
13-06-2018, 21:03
it won't be jac

anzyh
19-07-2018, 22:26
I think it's going to be Sacha who dies :crying:�� The way he was so depressed on the show of the 17th July looks like it could be leading to it. If so I'll cry buckets ��

Perdita
06-09-2018, 06:13
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/holby-city/news/a865506/holby-city-autumn-trailer-guy-self-john-michie-return/

Holby City's new autumn trailer has revealed that John Michie is reprising his role as Guy Self.

Although it's not confirmed whether he'll be returning full time, fans will no doubt be thrilled to see his character on TV screens again.

BBC Holby City

@BBCHolbyCity
Hands up who’s ready for Autumn on #HolbyCity? 🙋🏽*♀️ https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06k7tfd … #HolbyAutumnTrailer

10:43 PM - Sep 4, 2018
198 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
John had taken time away from Holby City following the death of his daughter Louella Fletcher-Michie. Louella, who was 25 years old, was tragically found dead at last year's Bestival music festival in the early morning hours of September 11, 2017.

Shortly after news of Louella's death broke, John thanked friends and fans for their support.

A statement from the family said: "Louella inspired all who knew her with her joy of life. The family would like to thank everyone for their heartfelt tributes and messages."

The new Holby City trailer features also Serena's interest in a new F1 called Leah, while Sacha tearfully admits that he feels broken – as Jac says she'll do whatever she can to help him.

An episode focusing on Sacha's mental health struggles recently aired to widespread praise from viewers.

The clip also sees the return of Mo, who is brought in during a crisis for the hospital, and Lofty and Dom are making plans for the future.

Holby City airs on BBC One.

hward
06-09-2018, 08:57
Yay for Mo being back, but not thrilled with Self-Absorbed, unless he's going to oust Gaskell then I'll be happy, lesser of the two evils and all that.

Rear window
06-09-2018, 09:06
Yay for Mo being back, but not thrilled with Self-Absorbed, unless he's going to oust Gaskell then I'll be happy, lesser of the two evils and all that.

But then we'll be moaning we want rid of him.
;-/

hward
06-09-2018, 15:28
But then we'll be moaning we want rid of him.
;-/

I know, but right now I probably hate Gaskell more. An ideal world would be neither of them :)

Rear window
12-09-2018, 11:27
Ohhh my god. It was dire at the end.

hward
12-09-2018, 23:08
My bet is when she looks like she's going to recover he kills her to keep her silence.

Rear window
13-09-2018, 14:38
My bet is when she looks like she's going to recover he kills her to keep her silence.

He's not going to let her spill his secrets so if she survives ... yes the doctor death will be stalking the wards.