PDA

View Full Version : No suprises

callummc
11-07-2005, 01:52
i've just been talking ee with a couple of family members and i asked my mam why after watching from day 1 why these days she can't be bothered and she said it's like this there's no suprises anymore,you can't think i didn't see:lol: that 1 coming and she's right between the press,tv books and magazines you don't need to watch cos there's no suprises anymore its ok giving spoilers out but they should hold somthing back that's what gets peple talking and has them asking their mates,did you see ee ,nobody bothers anymore cos by the time somthing happens we all knpw it's gonna happen,how it's gonna happen and by who,who's coming,who's going and how,when they say it's a closley guarded secret,they mean before long and before it's aired don't worry you'll won't need to watch cos unless you go to mars for a month you will have the whole storyline frame by frame and by the time it happens iy's old news and slowly but surly you lose interest,does anyone agree that it might help ee if for a trial period they:lol: kept stum and waited to see if that helped them get some veiwers back,out of curiosity some might start watching again ,lts face it it wouldn't do them any harm,and might do them some good.anyone agree

Treacle
11-07-2005, 03:54
They kept Chrissie killing Den a secret for as long as possible. Most of the people didn't know until the episode actually happened although it was pretty obvious.

Who shot Phil? was a good example though!

alan45
11-07-2005, 09:50
I think the problem is that they release so many spoilers so as to entice viewers back to watching the programme. In all of the soaps the spoilers tend to be better than the actual progamme. How many anti-climaxes can we take.

Carrie Bradshaw
11-07-2005, 13:31
I agree, they should keep some storylines a surprise to keep the viewers on their toes. Marcusgate was also another example - not many people saw that coming.

Treacle
11-07-2005, 14:40
I don't think there was even a spoiler for Marcusgate.

Treacle
11-07-2005, 14:41
I think the problem is that they release so many spoilers so as to entice viewers back to watching the programme. In all of the soaps the spoilers tend to be better than the actual progamme. How many anti-climaxes can we take.
It's not a case of enticing viewers back they can only do that with good plotlines which have a good script and good acting. If a viewer sees they have something good going on then they will tune back in to see how it's handled.

It's the same with all the soaps not just EastEnders. They all have spoilers to entice the viewer.

Jessie Wallace
11-07-2005, 14:43
There are spoilers, but you still have to look for them, it's your choice to find them if you want to.

callummc
11-07-2005, 15:10
yes thats true with most soaps but ee is all over the papers magazines,teletext,and with all the leaks to the press their just in your face,it wouldn't be to bad if the episodes were as good as the spoilers,

Jessie Wallace
11-07-2005, 15:13
Yeap, but if you don't want to know, then don't look at the pages, it is possible. My mum manages to not know whats happening, as she doesn't want to know. So it is possible.

hayzie
11-07-2005, 15:32
marcusgate lol! sorry that wasnt even funny but it made me laugh!

Treacle
11-07-2005, 16:21
EastEnders is the most talked about soap - it's everywhere. That's a good thing.

callummc
11-07-2005, 18:10
it's only a good thing when people are discussing how good i t'sbeen not when half it's fans are getting bored and saying what my brother said last week which was i'm sick of ee now it's crap and we all know he's not on his own