PDA

View Full Version : Neighbours 2018

Perdita
17-01-2018, 10:54
We already know that Izzy Hoyland is coming back to Neighbours for this upcoming hour-long special, and we already know that Stu is coming back to Neighbours for this upcoming hour-long special.

And now we've found out that three more characters are coming back to Neighbours for this upcoming hour-long special.

Now to Love reports that Sindi (Marisa Warrington), Lance (Andrew Bibby) and Stonefish (Anthony Engelman) will be popping up for Toadie Rebecchi's '90s-themed birthday party – his long, long belated 21st.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/06/768x946/gallery-1486559366-soaps-neighbours-sindi-watts-sonya-rebecchi-1.jpg
Sindi Watts returns to Neighbours
© CHANNEL 5

Sindi departed the soap in 2005 but made a fleeting visit last year. Stonefish (aka Kevin) has made various guest appearances since he left full-time in 2007, with his most recent being in 2016.

Meanwhile, Lance hasn't appeared on the soap since the 20th anniversary special in 2005.

The big focus of the episode will be the return of iconic baddie Izzy, who will no doubt cause problems for Karl and Susan Kennedy.

Actress Natalie Bassingthwaighte hasn't given too much away about what her character will get up to, but cheekily revealed that she does have a bedroom scene.

An exact UK air date for the hour-long special (which will set up future storylines on the soap) has yet to be announced, but we expect it will be shown on the week commencing Monday, February 13.

Digital Spy

lizann
17-01-2018, 15:28
sindi who knew dee was fake is back again for toad's birthday ????

kaz21
17-01-2018, 15:48

Yep, ridiculous isn’t it.

tammyy2j
18-01-2018, 11:37
No Callum return for the birthday?

Aussieguy
19-01-2018, 04:28

Yeah thought that as well. Helps defraud Toad of 100 grand then rocks up for his birthday party:D

Pantherboy
13-02-2018, 21:41
For any Leeds Rhinos, rugby league fans:

Leeds Rhinos find good Neighbours on their travels in Australia

Rhinos are in Australia for World Club challenge.

http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-soap/leeds-rhinos-find-good-neighbours-on-their-travels-in-australia-11364250137724

The stars of the Leeds Rhinos are more used to the Woolpack of Emmerdale than the Waterhole of Erinsborough, but that hasn’t stopped them treading the boards of Ramsay Street.

The Rhinos are in Australia for their World Cup Challenge appointment with the Melbourne Storm on Saturday and, during some down time, three of their Grand Final winners managed to bag themselves some extras work on the popular soap Neighbours.

Captain Kallum Watkins, winger Ryan Hall and forward Stevie Ward headed to the studios to see how the long-running show is put together and ended up starring in a scene themselves, with Ward getting a speaking part.

https://youtu.be/hcUCH4kgK8Q

“We enjoyed it,” Ward said of his moment in the spotlight, which came at the bar with fictional entrepreneur Paul Robinson, played by Stefan Dennis.

“We got some acting done, we got some extras work done and even got a few lines, it was brilliant. We loved it and we appreciate them inviting us on and Leeds Rhinos being involved in Neighbours for the first ever time.”

The show will air later this year, but it is Ward who fans will see speaking, with Hall claiming he stole the line from him.

“There was a bit of debate and uproar about who got the line. I shot-gunned it but Stevie was crying that he didn’t get it. I felt sorry for him.”

“When I grew up I wanted to be an actor,” Ward said.

Whether he’ll be welcome back at the Woolpack in his native Yorkshire now remains to be seen.

Pantherboy
21-08-2018, 23:58
Digital Spy article with spoilers & teasers for upcoming storylines:

16 HUGE new Neighbours spoilers and teasers from the show's boss Jason Herbison
Including Dee, Tyler, 'Daaron' and more.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/feature/a864473/neighbours-spoilers-jason-herbison-dee-bliss-tyler-brennan/

It may air in the daytime, but there's no denying that Neighbours has been one of the most talked-about soaps this year. From the 'Dee or Andrea?' saga at the psychiatric hospital, to mystery man Cassius and the return of old favourites like Plain Jane Superbrain, there's been plenty to grab our attention.

With more dramatic storylines ahead over the rest of the year, Digital Spy recently caught up with Neighbours' executive producer Jason Herbison for some exclusive teasers on what's coming up.

1. The Dee story is far from over

When Toadie and Sonya recently vowed to cut all contact with the mysterious woman in the psychiatric hospital, another chapter of the Dee Bliss storyline came to an end. But if you were starting to lose faith that the whole saga would ever be resolved, we can confirm there's an endgame planned.

Jason told us: "I've always talked about it as a three-act story, but I'm now going to have to revise it to four acts as we're currently filming a new twist. This angle wasn't mapped at the start, but it's great territory to mine.

"I love watching Madeleine West on set, her performance is utterly riveting. The timeline for telling all the chapters has been very spread out and I appreciate that requires viewer patience, but there is an endgame and we're all excited to tell it."

2. The unresolved mysteries were always going to be tied up

Neighbours has left us hanging with several loose ends over the past 12 months, from Piper Willis's mystery saviour to the miraculous return of baby Gabe. We've recently seen these unresolved mysteries begin to be cleared up as part of the Cassius storyline, but we needn't have worried as it was always the plan to put us in the picture eventually.

"Everything was planned from the beginning and there is a resolution in sight," Jason told us. "We do major forward planning four times a year and often plan a mix of long-term and shorter term arcs. This has been the case for a number of years now, though it may be more noticeable in the case of a clue-puzzle type story.

"To give you an example, going back in time, the Brad/Lauren/Terese storyline probably had a five year plan. Some major elements changed along the way and we always need to be flexible, but we do think of some character arcs that far ahead."

3. Some familiar faces will be returning

Neighbours has given us some more blasts from the past this year, with Jane Harris, Izzy Hoyland, Stuart Parker, Angie Rebecchi, Stonefish Rebecchi, Hilary Robinson, Lance Wilkinson, Lauren Carpenter and Sindi Watts among those who've popped back for visits. And it seems that one of them could now be back sooner than expected.

Jason confirmed: "One recent returnee will be back for a second, longer stint before the year is out.

"We'll also see someone who hasn't been seen on the show for quite a while, which is a real treat." Hmm, who could it be?

4. Liz Conway will be back too

Home and Away legend Debra Lawrence recently had a short stint in Neighbours as troubled Liz Conway. Although Liz left in disgrace recently, it seems that she'll be back for another attempt to build bridges with her daughters Elly and Bea.

"Debra Lawrence will be back as Liz," Jason revealed. "I love the complexity of her relationship with Susan and she truly is the mother from hell to Elly and Bea, so there's a lot more to explore there."

5. The door isn't closed on Tyler

Neighbours fans were devastated in March when Travis Burns bowed out as Tyler Brennan, especially because he didn't even get a goodbye scene with his soulmate Piper Willis. Fans have never really accepted this as Tyler's final farewell, but is there a secret masterplan in play?

Keeping things vague, Jason teased: "It would be amazing to see Tyler return. For the time being he's serving some pretty serious jail time and refusing to let Piper visit him. But it would be a really interesting storyline and we do try to do interesting things. That's all I can say at this point!"

6. The door isn't closed on Steph either

Another Neighbours exit which divided the fanbase this year was Steph Scully's. The popular character waved goodbye in June after nearly three years back on screen, reuniting with her sons Charlie and Adam in heartwarming scenes.

Responding to the fan reaction, Jason explained: "I love Steph and the door is definitely open for her to return. When we brought her back three years ago, we wanted to tell the story of someone who had been through tough times and wanted to get their life on track.

"It was always Steph's objective to get on top of her health and finances so she could find a way to reunite with her boys. She was successful in doing that and it made sense for her to reunite with them. I am a huge fan of Carla Bonner and I certainly hope we see her again."

7. Clive's backstory could be explored

Colette Mann – aka Sheila Canning – is one of our favourite Neighbours stars and she's been on a very vocal mission this year to get her on-screen partner Geoff Paine (Clive Gibbons) promoted to a show regular. With this in mind, we had to ask – will the Neighbours gods ever grant Colette's wish?

Jason laughed: "Is Colette a fan of Clive? I never would've guessed! We love Geoff Paine and we will definitely continue to see him pop in and out of the show. For the time being, we are happy with his semi-regular appearances and I believe it works well for Geoff too, as he has a busy life outside the show.

"I would like to explore his children and ex-wife one day. I have a sneaking feeling that Sheila might not get along too well with her."

8. David and Aaron's wedding will be worth the wait

September sees Neighbours make history with the first gay wedding in an Australian drama since the country voted to legalise same-sex marriages. Although there's some last-minute drama ahead over the next fortnight, David and Aaron will tie the knot in a huge episode on September 3.

Jason said: "It's a fantastic episode and the first same-sex wedding on Australian TV since marriage equality was legalised, so it was very meaningful to all of us on the production. We love 'Daaron' and it was an extra special treat to cast Magda Szubanski as the celebrant, as she was a big campaigner for marriage equality over here.

"It was filmed on a pretty cold and miserable Melbourne day, but everyone had the biggest smiles on their faces. Our art department created a fantastic setting, Chris Adshead did a wonderful job of directing and Paul Gartside wrote a terrific script."

9. The show is upping the ante

We recently wrote about how Neighbours is on fire right now thanks to its excellent mix of dramatic and character-based storylines, plus the fact that its content classification has recently been upgraded from G to PG. Keen to hear more about what's going on behind the scenes, we asked if there's been a revamp with the approach to storytelling this year.

Jason told us: "It's gratifying to see such a positive response to our recent storylines. We always strive to deliver the perfect blend of drama, romance and humour and that hasn't changed.

"However, we have certainly been making effort to tell more heightened stories in recent times and that will continue. We've also had some new cast join this year and that always provides fresh story momentum."

On the change from G to PG and whether it will make more of an impact in the months ahead, he added: "It won't be a seismic change, but there will be a little more scope in some circumstances. We are still a daytime/early evening show on both sides of the globe and remain a family-friendly viewing option. All of the episodes currently on air were actually plotted before the shift to PG."

10. There are big plans for the Christmas episode

Normally at this time of year, Neighbours fans start speculating about the end-of-year cliffhanger, but season finales are now a thing of the past. The show is airing all-year-round as part of its new deal with Channel 5, so we'll finally get to see Ramsay Street residents celebrating Christmas at the right time.

"I think it's fantastic that viewers get to enjoy year-round Neighbours. In terms of cliffhanger opportunities, it's not such an evolution from our recent style, where we have major story peaks throughout the year," Jason explained.

"The Christmas episode is going to be very Neighbours. There's lots of community cheer, as well as some very dramatic storylines playing out too. Our 8,000th episode is just a couple of episodes before, so it will be a very special time for the show."

11. Karl will meet his long-lost sister

Anyone who knows their Neighbours history will have spotted that the celebrant who marries David and Aaron has a very familiar-sounding surname. Jemima Davies-Smythe is the long-lost sister of Karl Kennedy – and yes, she will be coming face-to-face with him when she pays her visit to Erinsborough.

Jason said: "Jemma Davies-Smythe is played by the wonderful Magda Szubanski. She first appears as a surprise celebrant at David and Aaron's wedding and is revealed to have a connection to the Kennedy family.

"Jemima has a very unique approach to relationships which creates a fair bit of conflict, not to mention laughs. Her dynamic with Susan is priceless."

And some final mini-teasers from Jason…

12. "Paul Robinson will be confronted by a couple of new relationships which spring up in Erinsborough, putting his loyalties to the test."

13. "Around October we will have a brilliant new character arrive with a daring scheme to create a place for herself in one of our households, which has been lots of fun to plot."

14. "Chloe will also have a strong focus in upcoming months, both on the work, health and romantic front."

15. "Four of our characters will be very involved in a juicy conspiracy later in the year, which will bring lots of drama."

16. "We've also just filmed a storyline in the snow, which is a completely new adventure for Neighbours."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Pantherboy
21-11-2018, 21:37
Digital Spy seems to be pleased with the way "Neighbours has shed its G rating and embraced its naughtier side in 2018". I am not sure whether everybody agrees with this...…………Thoughts?

7 ways Neighbours has pushed the boundaries with its new PG rating
Our favourite neighbours are all grown up.

Neighbours has been on fine form this year, and as we discussed in our recent article, one of the reasons why has been the show's new PG rating. All Aussie TV shows have a strict classification, but it's only recently that Neighbours has moved up from G to PG.

Yes, after years of innuendo, euphemisms and bloodless deaths, Neighbours has been bigger and bolder than ever before. So, let's have a look at a few of the ways Neighbours has shed its G rating and embraced its naughtier side in 2018...…….

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/feature/a871066/neighbours-pg-rating-pushing-boundaries/

kaz21
21-11-2018, 21:55
I think maybe the codine storyline is something they couldn’t have done before. But most of it, I feel is just moving with the times.

Perdita
03-12-2018, 16:31
Neighbours executive producer Jason Herbison has confirmed plans for a shock siege on Ramsay Street.

The Australian soap has moved up from G to PG rated, and Jason has now told The Daily Telegraph Confidential that the rating change will allow Neighbours to capture younger audiences, who are becoming more mature.

"We are really putting our foot on the drama pedal," he explained. "Whereas before we might have told stories in a more gentle way, now we are accelerating things.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/47/768x512/gallery-1543100157-soaps-neighborus-2-alice-sonya-final-revenge-3p7tfcgufmh7drfatal0-1.jpg
Alice Wells exacts her final revenge against Sonya Rebecchi in Neighbours
© CHANNEL 5

"We have a great storyline coming up where there's a siege," he added.

Promising that the show will still be "family friendly", he added: "Young people are exposed to so much more now so we are kind of now catching up with that and being a little more adventurous and more contemporary in storytelling."

Jason continued: "Diversity is really important to us. I don't see that as a G or PG issue. We have had gay characters on the show consistently in the regular cast since 2010 and we also have a culturally diverse cast.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/47/768x512/gallery-1543065160-soaps-neighbours-3-elly-chloe-kiss-ipwsxeohdrwnjhqoiyn7-2.jpg
Chloe Brennan kisses Elly Conway in Neighbours
© CHANNEL 5

"We have to be inclusive, we have to represent our audience, our audience come in all shapes and sizes." Meanwhile, Neighbours has announced plans to kill off a fan favourite this summer – aka winter for UK viewers.

Digital Spy

Mirjam
04-12-2018, 05:51
Neighbours executive producer Jason Herbison has confirmed plans for a shock siege on Ramsay Street.

The Australian soap has moved up from G to PG rated, and Jason has now told The Daily Telegraph Confidential that the rating change will allow Neighbours to capture younger audiences, who are becoming more mature.

"We are really putting our foot on the drama pedal," he explained. "Whereas before we might have told stories in a more gentle way, now we are accelerating things.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/47/768x512/gallery-1543100157-soaps-neighborus-2-alice-sonya-final-revenge-3p7tfcgufmh7drfatal0-1.jpg
Alice Wells exacts her final revenge against Sonya Rebecchi in Neighbours
© CHANNEL 5

"We have a great storyline coming up where there's a siege," he added.

Promising that the show will still be "family friendly", he added: "Young people are exposed to so much more now so we are kind of now catching up with that and being a little more adventurous and more contemporary in storytelling."

Jason continued: "Diversity is really important to us. I don't see that as a G or PG issue. We have had gay characters on the show consistently in the regular cast since 2010 and we also have a culturally diverse cast.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/47/768x512/gallery-1543065160-soaps-neighbours-3-elly-chloe-kiss-ipwsxeohdrwnjhqoiyn7-2.jpg
Chloe Brennan kisses Elly Conway in Neighbours
© CHANNEL 5

"We have to be inclusive, we have to represent our audience, our audience come in all shapes and sizes." Meanwhile, Neighbours has announced plans to kill off a fan favourite this summer – aka winter for UK viewers.

Digital Spy

I'm not sure I like the way Neighbours is going, it's turning more and more into Eastenders with all the drama and no more happy stories

Danners9
04-12-2018, 09:29
I'm not sure I like the way Neighbours is going, it's turning more and more into Eastenders with all the drama and no more happy stories

I haven't liked it that much for about 6mths.

Not keen on most of the storylines, the reliance on guest stars (most I don't know of...), the plot holes/leaps of faith you have to make to accept what's going on and ways they've torn down characters.

By that I mean angles like Finn. He was sick and arrested. Then he's fine and out. Was this explained? If so, I didn't see it. I also don't believe Tyler would have been jailed. I felt that having Toadie cheat on Sonya was completely out of character (bearing in mind we've seen him for 25 years...). Now Alice and the druggings. It's just not what I want..

It feels like they are trying to be edgy but without being fully capable of writing compelling drama.

At least the Cassius story brought Tyler's incarceration to an end, and I liked the reveal there. And I've also liked Mark and Elly finally getting together.

its.like.that
04-12-2018, 09:36
Killing off a fan favourite this summer?

Xanthe? Finn wakes up and kills her? It would make sense if the siege coincided with the death and it would make sense for Finn to do it.

kaz21
04-12-2018, 15:26
Also on her instagram she’s been in america and changed her hair.

Mirjam
04-12-2018, 20:47
According to her who we shall not name and that has been banned from here both Eve Morley and Lilly van der Meer are leaving in 2019 so it could be either of them that dies. I've taken a screen shot but my iPad won't let me post it.... according to the returning list we have Calum, Jade, Kyle, Lou, Lucas and his missus and loads more coming back for a guest role so I think it'll be Sonya that dies ....

Mirjam
04-12-2018, 20:48
According to her who we shall not name and that has been banned from here both Eve Morley and Lilly van der Meer are leaving in 2019 so it could be either of them that dies. I've taken a screen shot but my iPad won't let me post it.... according to the returning list we have Calum, Jade, Kyle, Lou, Lucas and his missus and loads more coming back for a guest role so I think it'll be Sonya that dies ....

If it IS Sonya maybe the real Dee will come back as we still don't know who the woman on the bench was, real or fake Dee?

its.like.that
05-12-2018, 00:39
Yeah we know Lily leaves but if that guest list is right we can be pretty confident Sonya dies. I thought she would have stayed long term.

I do think the Siege will be related to the death...so maybe Alice has something to do with it?

I can't see real Dee coming back unless the actress current show is axed but it is a major possibility considering it was most likely her on the park bench

its.like.that
05-12-2018, 00:40

Where is the info on the returning list? Would love to see who else is there

Aussieguy
05-12-2018, 04:30
Agree somewhat about too much drama. So far it's been a nice balance as usual but if Sonya is killed off than that's a bit too much, yeah? Why is it the characters you dislike are never killed off:)

Mirjam
05-12-2018, 06:52
Where is the info on the returning list? Would love to see who else is there

It's on FB Neighbours Fanatics

Perdita
05-12-2018, 11:00
It's on FB Neighbours Fanatics

If that is Gilly's page, then treat it with caution!

its.like.that
05-12-2018, 13:07
Surely no one has joined a group she has made?

Perdita
05-12-2018, 13:36

They might if they are not aware of who she is and what she does ...

Mirjam
05-12-2018, 13:54
It is indeed her page

Mirjam
05-12-2018, 13:55
I don't think it's a group but a page you can like

Pantherboy
05-12-2018, 21:17
Digital Spy article:

Who dies in Neighbours? 7 popular characters who could be killed off soon
The Aussie soap will be losing one of its characters in the near future.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a25410706/neighbours-spoilers-who-dies/

Neighbours shing the boundaries with its storylines this year and now the stakes are set to get even higher, as a popular character is tragically killed off.

The Aussie soap recently announced that a "much-loved" favourite will die within the next few weeks, sparking a wave of intense speculation and theories from the fans.

So, which character could be about to meet their maker? Here are seven of our best guesses.

1. Sonya Rebecchi

Digital Spy has always been on Team Sonya (sorry, Fake Dee, it's nothing personal) so we're pretty devastated that her future isn't looking too rosy right now. A clip which appeared to show Eve Morey's leaving party was posted up onto Instagram a few days ago, while we also know that Sonya's son Callum and sister Jade will be making mysterious comebacks in the not-too-distant future.

Could Sonya's family be back to whisk her out of Ramsay Street, or are they attending a funeral? We've got the tissues on stand-by already.

2. Xanthe Canning

Show bosses haven't announced that Xanthe is leaving the show, but anyone who follows actress Lilly Van Der Meer on Instagram can't have failed to notice that she's spent the past two months posting pictures from the US. It doesn't take a genius to realise that Xanthe may be on the way out.

Xanthe has been focusing on her career ambitions recently, but could there be a heartbreaking twist in store which sees her killed off just when the future is looking bright? Say it ain't so…

3. Gary Canning

Gary will soon be returning to his criminal ways when he bumps into Kev, one of his old mates. Kev tries to tempt Gary back into dodgy dealings and although he's initially reluctant, Sheila's slippery son eventually agrees to get involved in a desperate bid to make some quick cash.

Criminal antics usually have consequences in the moral Neighbours-verse, so could Gary be signing his own death warrant by getting up to no good? There's every chance that one of his illegal jobs could go horribly wrong.

4. Fake Dee

Does Fake Dee count as a "much-loved" character? Well, we certainly love writing about her on Digital Spy. Even so, Neighbours can only keep dragging out the Fake Dee saga for so long, so the writers may want to close the door on her for good when the twisty-turny storyline finally reaches its climax.

If the endgame is to bring back the real Dee at some point, the fake version could suddenly become pretty dispensable, despite all the drama she's brought us over the past couple of years. Plus, it saves Madeleine West the job of having to play two different characters – surely one is enough to keep track of?

5. Piper Willis

Neighbours fans have been tipping talented young actress Mavournee Hazel to move onto bigger and better things for a while now, so we reckon it's only a matter of time before she takes the customary trip to the US to pursue other career opportunities.

If that does happen, die-hard fans will be hoping for another Tyler/Piper reunion, but the show is known for pulling the rug under our feet – who can forget the brutal way Kate Ramsay went out? Well, "brutal" by bloodless Neighbours standards.

6. Clive Gibbons

We've loved watching Sheila Canning's romance with Clive this year, but the show's producers have seemed strangely hesitant to make the classic '80s character a regular again. Could there be a bigger plan in the works?

Sheila's relationships do have a habit of ending in tragedy and there's probably only so long Clive can keep popping in and out, if he's supposed to be her ongoing love interest. If this theory is true, he could also be the first soap character to ever be buried in a gorilla suit…

7. Jane Harris

Plain Jane Superbrain definitely counts as a much-loved character and could be the one who loses her life if the Neighbours bosses are chickening out of killing a regular character.

Jane is currently back on screen for her second stint of the year, but much like with Clive, there's no word on her being promoted to a regular member of the cast.

Jane has recently taken over as principal of Erinsborough High, infuriating Susan with her strict new rules. Given Susan's new-found tendency to push her enemies off cliffs, could Jane be in danger? (Probably not, but Serial Killer Suse might make a great 'alternative universe' webisode…)

Neighbours airs weekdays at 12.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

kaz21
05-12-2018, 21:58
I wouldn’t count fake Dee, Jane or Clive as a muched loved character

lizann
05-12-2018, 22:11
I wouldn’t count fake see, Jane or Clive as a muched loved character

i think yes for jane think the death is sonya

kaz21
05-12-2018, 22:24
I agree. Makes sense that it’s Sonya.

its.like.that
05-12-2018, 22:51
With episode summaries pointing to the fact Xanthe may move to QLD, I think we can safely say Sonya is biting the dust in March

its.like.that
05-12-2018, 23:56
I wish they would kill off Dipi instead

Aussieguy
06-12-2018, 09:33
I see Jane as a 'much loved character' but not Clive or Fake Dee.

Sadly I do think it's Sonya. Ramsay Street must have by far the highest rate of fatal accidents/murders than any other street in Australia.

Mirjam
06-12-2018, 17:07
I see Jane as a 'much loved character' but not Clive or Fake Dee.

Sadly I do think it's Sonya. Ramsay Street must have by far the highest rate of fatal accidents/murders than any other street in Australia.

Apparently Eve wants to spend more time with her 2 kids. I agree, I think it's Sonya that'll be killed off.... can't they just let her go and stay with Calum indefinitely or even re-cast the role of Sonya? Feel so bad for Today to be a widower for the 2nd time! i hope this doesn't give him a reason to leave as I know he's got his pilot's licence. NOT happy at all the way the storylines are going!!!!!

Aussieguy
07-12-2018, 00:38
Apparently Eve wants to spend more time with her 2 kids. I agree, I think it's Sonya that'll be killed off.... can't they just let her go and stay with Calum indefinitely or even re-cast the role of Sonya? Feel so bad for Today to be a widower for the 2nd time! i hope this doesn't give him a reason to leave as I know he's got his pilot's licence. NOT happy at all the way the storylines are going!!!!!

Yeah leaving the show is one thing but really tired of Neighbours killing off characters. Agree just give her a happy exit and not one that is sad and emotionally draining. Especially following all the drama and pain she's been put through thanks to fake Dee and her insane mother. Would much rather they somehow got Finn FD and Alice into a car and have it drive off a cliff:)

its.like.that
07-12-2018, 02:53

Honestly I am surprised he hasn't left. Surely he wants to fly commercial planes at some stage rather than spend his entire career as an actor?

Also I agree. Surely they could have had Sonya and Toadie do the long distance thing. It would work with all she has been through then if Toadie decides to leave he goes to the US to join her or if she decides to come back in a few years she can. Or as you say, recast her.

Toadie is becoming Home and Away's Leah

its.like.that
07-12-2018, 03:02
Anyway time to discuss this siege. There's a few options.

1. It is being set up as either Finn doing it (I doubt it as I can see Finn being redeemed long term)

2. The crime family Leo has as enemies

3. Fake Dee/Alice (Resulting in Sonya's death).

If Sonya does die and its part of a siege then its possible she dies a hero.

Although I would like her murder not to be related and maybe a cancer storyline as she will do that justice.

Pantherboy
10-12-2018, 00:40
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours shares first look at death storyline as Valerie Grundy is revealed
Make the most of her while you can…

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a25449760/neighbours-spoilers-valerie-grundy-death-storyline/

Neighbours has revealed a first look at Valerie Grundy, the new character who'll be killed off in the show's 8,000th episode.

Show bosses have cast Australian entertainer Patti Newton in the role of Valerie, who'll make a brief appearance for the long-running soap's latest milestone.

As we revealed last week, episode 8,000 will see the local community brought together by the sad death of Val, who's occupied the corner house of Ramsay Street for 34 years.

Shy and reclusive, Val keeps her nose out of the daily dramas in Erinsborough and the neighbours know very little about her as a result.

Shortly after we see Val exchanging polite hellos with the likes of Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) and Piper Willis (Mavournee Hazel), she passes away peacefully at home.

Stepping into Val's house for the first time, Toadie is surprised to discover that she was a hoarder – and many of the things she’s collected over the years are items discarded by their various neighbours who have come and gone.

Toadie realises this was all part of Val’s attempt to feel connected to the community and is troubled by how little they knew of her.

Moved by the support and love he has in his own life and wishing lonely Val had felt the same, Toadie pitches the idea to stage a Christmas concert to bring the community together.

Valerie's surname is a nod to the late Reg Grundy, who helped to create Neighbours alongside Reg Watson in the '80s.

Val's demise is unrelated to the upcoming death of a fan favourite, which was confirmed on the show's Facebook page last week.

Neighbours' 8,000th episode will be screened just days before the show's first ever Christmas Day special.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, December 21 at 12.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Aussieguy
10-12-2018, 04:07
There must be more than a few unknown neighbours as there are six houses used on the show. And I'm thinking at least a dozen houses in Ramsay Street. When I get down to Melbourne visiting Ramsay Street will be top of the list of things to do:D

Perdita
10-12-2018, 05:27
There must be more than a few unknown neighbours as there are six houses used on the show. And I'm thinking at least a dozen houses in Ramsay Street. When I get down to Melbourne visiting Ramsay Street will be top of the list of things to do:D

There are only 6 houses in Pinoak Court, which is the real name of Ramsey Street .. I have been there :)

Aussieguy
10-12-2018, 07:25
There are only 6 houses in Pinoak Court, which is the real name of Ramsey Street .. I have been there :)

Yeah I knew the actual name. Just found out the actual suburb is Vermont South, how posh!

Danners9
10-12-2018, 10:13

Mine too. Just need to find a reason to go to Melbourne before this becomes the reason and I have to explain why to my gf..

its.like.that
11-12-2018, 09:31
How many people would drive to Pinoak Court each week to check it out? It is only a 20-30 minute drive for me and I thought about going there

Aussieguy
12-12-2018, 02:33
How many people would drive to Pinoak Court each week to check it out? It is only a 20-30 minute drive for me and I thought about going there

Would think quite a few - including Adele.

Bossy7
12-12-2018, 05:38
I’m starting to think that it will be Xanthe who dies. If you check out her Instagram she has been in the US last 2 months living “her dream”. There is also a photo of her after a serious accident. She also has a seizure and ends up in a coma ☹️ Don’t think she’ll be back. Sad, loved Xanthe. But on a brighter note, I reckon the world could fall in love with Lily. She is a gorgeous little actress who will go far. The world is her oyster!

its.like.that
12-12-2018, 08:16
I’m starting to think that it will be Xanthe who dies. If you check out her Instagram she has been in the US last 2 months living “her dream”. There is also a photo of her after a serious accident. She also has a seizure and ends up in a coma ☹️ Don’t think she’ll be back. Sad, loved Xanthe. But on a brighter note, I reckon the world could fall in love with Lily. She is a gorgeous little actress who will go far. The world is her oyster!

If it is then I am curious how they write out Sonya. Maybe the long distance thing will work

Edit: I just looked. It was the original accident I am pretty sure. So don't think its a new one

CuriousCase
13-12-2018, 04:21
Feel so bad for Today to be a widower for the 2nd time! i hope this doesn't give him a reason to leave as I know he's got his pilot's licence. NOT happy at all the way the storylines are going!!!!!

Really? Objectively, he's one of the worst actors on the show. Overhyped character everyone seems to adore because of his longevity (initially because of his long hair). I'd rather Eve Morey stay.

badirene
13-12-2018, 10:40
The character of Toadie is getting worse, he believes everything that Alice tells him, questions none of it, and discusses all his private marriage business with anyone that has two ears to listen to him.
Sonya has no hope of moving past her addictions when it is all anyone talks about, she will always be the addict that has to be watched all the time by all the neighbours.:(

Aussieguy
13-12-2018, 12:18
I'm not an expert but Sonya's symptoms seem extreme for Codeine withdrawal. I can imagine someone going cold turkey from heroin but not Codeine. Then I guess it depends on the dosage Alice was giving her:hmm:

Perdita
13-12-2018, 13:03
I'm not an expert but Sonya's symptoms seem extreme for Codeine withdrawal. I can imagine someone going cold turkey from heroin but not Codeine. Then I guess it depends on the dosage Alice was giving her:hmm:

Codeine is less potent but is a drug relative to morphine and holds powerful and addictive properties .. I believe it does not take that long or many to take according to a nurse friend of mine ...but I guess different personalities will react different too

kaz21
13-12-2018, 16:01
I can take codine no problem, but my sister has a horrible reaction to it. It really can affect some people.

Aussieguy
14-12-2018, 02:33
Codeine is less potent but is a drug relative to morphine and holds powerful and addictive properties .. I believe it does not take that long or many to take according to a nurse friend of mine ...but I guess different personalities will react different too

Yes it's an opioid in same family as heroin etc. When the latest restrictions were bought in I remember reading about people OD'ing on it and thinking how is that possible. Then I read about people who were going through dozens of packets (or 200+) per day :eek: Then it made sense