PDA

View Full Version : June

snglover
08-07-2005, 11:10
Just read in todays Sun that June will be raped in what is to be the shows toughest plot ever. It says she will be attacked by a teenager who raped a teacher, doesnt say when it will happen but it should be a great storyline.
The story has been inspired by the real life case of a bot jailed for attacking his teacher.

Katy
08-07-2005, 11:15
this should be good.

Luna
08-07-2005, 11:25
Hasn't june been raped before?

snglover
08-07-2005, 11:30
No she was nearly but Gabriel saved her, that was his first appearance in The Bill

Luna
08-07-2005, 11:31
Thanks hunny :wub:

snglover
08-07-2005, 11:32
anytime for u babe :)

Bryan
08-07-2005, 11:48
a teenager raping an oap.... :sick:

im sure the bill will tackel this with sensitvaty and write it brillaintly

Katy
08-07-2005, 11:50
i think sensitivity will be the issue here. Mind you it probably does happen. there are some sick Kids out there.

Luna
08-07-2005, 11:51
It does happen....it's more common than you think

Katy
08-07-2005, 11:53
thats like when hollyoaks did the male rape i was like that doesnt happen and it does.

suzewebb
08-07-2005, 12:26
I think TB is trying to highlight a very sensitive and disturbing issue with this storyline. The fact that June is the victim is also very weel chosen partly due to her age and also due to Trudie Goodwin's acting ability and experience.

The incident also highlights the growing trend of 'reported' violent crime with the criminal being under 16. I feel that it is important that such cases are played out in a dramatic form on a popular programme as it should heighten awareness of such cases and also it may encourage others to either think before they act or for victims to speak out.

However sad it is to think of...children are far more sexually aware than they were when I was young. (I am 37 now) An assault like this by a child against a teacher or an adult was unheard of. This is actually quite a recent thing and seems to come as yet another result on children having too much awareness of their 'rights' but not enough consequence for their 'wrongs'

If CHILDREN want to go around breaking laws, carrying dangerous weapons, assaulting and raping others, murdering others, intimidating people, breaking into houses, mugging, 'happy slapping' etc etc etc then they should face the consequences as ADULTS. Not ALL children are like this I know but the minority are bringing down the majority and labelling them all with stigma.

I teach junior drama and of the 300 or so children I have taught in 10 years there has not been one single child go on to committ any criminal offence. These children have been focussed... they have shown an interest in something... they have been encouraged... they have shared goals... they have grown in confidence... they have no time to be hanging around the streets drinking... they do not wish to waste their time doing nothing but dossing. This has come at a price.... yeah ..... 50 pence per week... I do not know of any family that could not afford 50 pence per week for their child to pursue a hobby. Drama is not just for divas etc... it is also for people who lack confidence.. people who have been bullied... people who wish to break a cycle of trouble they are in...... I even had one girl who had suffered the ultimate tragedy of seeing her father kill her mother. Drama brought her out of her shell and restored her confidence.

Drama, sport, art... these three things could focus our children to become more rounded individuals who will hopefully restore order to the CHILDREN in society and bring about a more harmonious society as a whole.

Sorry this turned into a lecture but I feel so passionately about such things.

Rach33
09-07-2005, 12:29
June was also raped when she was fifteen and she got pregnant and she had Gabriel (not David) or was that just me

Jojo
09-07-2005, 15:41
June was also raped when she was fifteen and she got pregnant and she had Gabriel (not David) or was that just meYou are right JBL - she had the real Gabriel (who moved to America) after being raped at 15, which was what "Gabriel", used against her initially, cause he blamed her for being neglected by his parents cause he thought they wanted the real Gabriel more than him etc - that was getting confusing for a mo!!

I hope they don't do this though, cause whilst it will raise awareness of things happening on our streets and in our schools, June has half been through the mill a bit!!

Luna
09-07-2005, 15:45
Thats it that's when i was thinking of. Thats the reason she never kept him

Crazy Gal 88
14-07-2005, 21:55
it sounds liek quite a good story though i guess...

alan45
14-07-2005, 23:12
a teenager raping an oap.... :sick:

im sure the bill will tackel this with sensitvaty and write it brillaintly

How dare you call the fabulous Trudie Godwin an OAP. But I agree with you ITS SICK. St June is the best actress on The BILL. However this is a PM :sick: :angry: storyline so what else should we expect

alan45
15-07-2005, 00:09
How much more
does June need to go through.

GOD I HATE PM

gazzer
15-07-2005, 10:36
I hope Gabriel has'nt anything to do with it.. What i mean is.. i hope he doesnt see June getting attacked and do nothing about it or something like that.

Tori
17-07-2005, 19:35
i think it's a sick storyline, how are they going to deal with it with sensitivity??

pookie1968uk
18-07-2005, 17:00
it is on at 8pm too, sometimes i think storylines can go a bit too far and this is one of them, especially when its on at 8pm

Tori
18-07-2005, 17:02
yea 8pm is a bit early for that story line and also the story line is ridiculous

i_luv_dennis
14-08-2005, 09:00
yeh it is

xStephaniex
18-08-2005, 02:54
that was a sad storyline poor june :crying: what do you think will happen to june now ?

xStephaniex
18-08-2005, 02:55
yea 8pm is a bit early for that story line and also the story line is ridiculous

isn't there summink like a watershed for a certain time for what can n cant be shown !? tell me if im talking rubbish lol... but i was sure there was summink where it couldn't be shown befor 9 :confused: not just the bill tho all soaps

pookie1968uk
18-08-2005, 13:40
they seem to ignore that these days

i_luv_dennis
18-08-2005, 14:43
i know they do

Crazy Gal 88
18-08-2005, 17:55
i know! i see some stuff and im like WHAT??????? what example is television setting to young children to day. no wonder they act and talk the way they do!

Tori
20-08-2005, 16:05
some stuff you see and you think omg. if my parents were in the room, theyre that bad