PDA

View Full Version : Tony Wood to go ATLAST!

Treacle
08-07-2005, 00:08
Coronation Street producer Tony Wood will leave the role at the end of the year, according to Broadcast magazine.

Wood, who has been expected to depart the soap for some time, does not have a new job lined up as yet but has been linked with Shed Productions, the company behind Footballers' Wives.

Ex Emmerdale producer Steve Frost, currently at the helm of medical drama The Royal, is being tipped as Wood's replacement.

Bryan
08-07-2005, 11:31
if he is repsonsible for the poor qaulity of corrie then he can stay so it gets taken off air and eastenders can become best soap!

Treacle
08-07-2005, 11:36
EastEnders was best soap for 17 years when Corrie was here so I doubt it matters.

The recent comedy plots on Corrie suggest that Wood will be great for a role on Footballers Wives though. That's what he's been trying to turn the street into.

Bryan
08-07-2005, 11:41
imagine tanya turner walking down the cobbles of walford...then i would watch the show!!!

Treacle
08-07-2005, 11:46
I don't think I would want the wooden acting and OTT storylines to come with her though. They're best sticking to FW or The Street.

alan45
08-07-2005, 18:44
if he is repsonsible for the poor qaulity of corrie then he can stay so it gets taken off air and eastenders can become best soap!

In another post you said you used to enjoy Corrie. :hmm: :confused: Would you not prefer it to get good again so as you can resume your enjoyment of it. It should not take Corrie to be taken off the air for EE to become good again. All it would take is some decent scriptwriting and an end to the Shannis/Kalfie/Molfie nonsense. It was the top soap once and has given a bit of work the ability to become great again

Treacle
08-07-2005, 19:01
In another post you said you used to enjoy Corrie. :hmm: :confused: Would you not prefer it to get good again so as you can resume your enjoyment of it. It should not take Corrie to be taken off the air for EE to become good again. All it would take is some decent scriptwriting and an end to the Shannis/Kalfie/Molfie nonsense. It was the top soap once and has given a bit of work the ability to become great again
EastEnders has been better than Corrie before so no I don't feel Corrie should go so EE can be top again. EE will be top again anyways.

alan45
08-07-2005, 20:05
EastEnders has been better than Corrie before so no I don't feel Corrie should go so EE can be top again. EE will be top again anyways.

I agree with you WQ

It should be allowed to go top by its own abilities not by the removal of the top soap so as it has no serious competition

Tamzi
08-07-2005, 21:16
Ee is definetly better. Corrie needs a good producer to get it back to the way it was. I'm sorry but Scooter :thumbsdow
xxx

Treacle
08-07-2005, 21:28
It was bearable tonight but I still didn't think much of the carp storyline or Sharlie.

Tamzi
08-07-2005, 21:48
My mum asked me to name the good Corrie storyline right now: I said Deirdre's 50th!!!!
xxx

Treacle
08-07-2005, 23:28
Keirdre were bearable tonight apart from their sick love references :eek: