PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh the good old days

Treacle
07-07-2005, 01:18
From DS:

The BBC is considering plans to introduce a fifth weekly episode of EastEnders in the Summer, according to a report in the Sunday People today.

The move comes as it continues its strong dominance over ITV1 rival Coronation Street, and follows the introduction of a fourth episode just five months ago.

An insider told the newspaper: "EastEnders is on a high at the moment with the Phil Mitchell and Lisa baby plot. The public can't get enough of it and the bosses want to take advantage of that."

A fifth episode would not go down well with cast members, however, who complained at the introduction of the fourth. They currently film five episodes per week, which would be upped to seven if the plans are approved.

The insider added: "The news has not gone well at all with the cast. They work very long hours, often six days a week."

A BBC spokesman denied the reports, but would not rule out the possibility of the episode, which would be broadcast on Wednesdays.

alan45
07-07-2005, 01:25
:cheer: Ahh yes the good old days when EE and corrie regularly vied for top spot

Treacle
07-07-2005, 01:31
Glad they didn't do it to be honest. It was arguably the best soap in television back in early 2002 but I still don't think it warranted a fifth installment.

It would have been overkill.

alan45
07-07-2005, 01:33
All the soaps were good then

Treacle
07-07-2005, 01:35
To be honest I can't really remember what Emmerdale were doing back then. I didn't mind Corrie though it was when the panto kicked in big style thanks to Tony Whatsit that I called it a day.

callummc
07-07-2005, 10:17
Doing more than 3 episodes is bound to cause problems,1 problem is

callummc
07-07-2005, 10:30
sorry i'll continue from above a few years ago we all went to florida for 3 weeks,my mam arranged to have all our programms taped of my gran,anyway on return,we watched ee and it took weeks of watching and catching up,but she gave up on the other tapes cos she said it wasn't worth the hassle and only occaisonally now bother's with the other soaps,and after a week in spain last week she's caught up with the bill but she must have at least 10 episodes to catch up on i've watched them but since feb my mam and dad have not had the same interest and now i don't think they'll be bothered so more veiwers gone,maybe in summer they should go back to 2 or 3 and in winter show more

Treacle
07-07-2005, 16:35
"It's strong dominance over ITV1 Rival Coronation Street"

nowadays that line should be converted to...

"As it prepares to re-establish it's strong dominance..." :D