PDA

View Full Version : Izzy Hoyland (Natalie Bassingthwaighte)

scotty
07-07-2005, 09:26
Darcy blackmails Izzy to get her to testify in his favour in court. He's then found innocent. :cheer: He decides to leave Erinsburgh and make a fresh start but first writes a letter to Susan telling her everything he knows about Izzy as he blames her for the break up of his Aunt 's marriage. Susan finds the letter and it's left to her whether or not she tells Karl everything. :readtheru

billbabe04
07-07-2005, 11:23
THANK GOD!!!! At last Susan will find out the truth, she better tell him!!!

stacyefc
07-07-2005, 12:00
she will, i hope izzy doesn't leave though

scotty
07-07-2005, 12:11
Izzy is definately leaving for a while as she's (Nat) going to do 'Grease' in Oz. She is supposed to be coming back afterwards as her contract is not up yet. It has been reported that she may leave at the end of her contract if something good comes up and she feels like a change. Nothing decided yet !

stacyefc
07-07-2005, 12:30
do you know how long she will be out of it for?

scotty
07-07-2005, 12:58
For a few months at least, depends how well the show goes down.

Katy
07-07-2005, 13:15
inside soap says shes currently contracted to july 2006

scotty
07-07-2005, 13:25
Yep, at the moment she's undecided as to whether she'll stay after that date. She's hinting that she might look for something new and different. After this stint in Grease she might want a 'pop' career, she won't be the first to do that. Although you never know with soap stars, sometimes it's just a ploy to get a better deal on a new contract

Abi
07-07-2005, 16:41
Finally her games up, but i also hope she dont leave. She a really funny and messed up charcter. It would be good to see her with someone other than Karl, and see him and Susan back together

billbabe04
08-07-2005, 14:42
Finally her games up, but i also hope she dont leave. She a really funny and messed up charcter. It would be good to see her with someone other than Karl, and see him and Susan back together

Yeah i agree, and if she is away for a couple of months then thats plenty of time for Susan and karl to get their act together :wub:

Luna
08-07-2005, 14:49
Atlast something is done about her. Really cant stand her

scotty
08-07-2005, 15:08
Izzy will be facing a 'meltdown' as things come to a head :cheer: I love it when she goes all hysterical and screaming :rotfl:

Abi
08-07-2005, 16:50
She funny when she does that isn't she?!!?

Trinity
09-07-2005, 13:38
she deserves her comeuppance at last

Abi
09-07-2005, 13:50
I think the charcter needs a break for a bit, cause otherwise there isn't going to be that much more that they can do with her.

I think that she should come back though after a few months, cause shes such a strong, entertaining character

Debs
27-07-2005, 21:31
Is Izzy Dead?

Has Paul become a killer to silence a blackmailing Izzy? Her lies exposed at last, Izzy Hoyland has never felt more alone or humiliated. Izzy’s boyfriend, Karl, has made it clear he never wants to see her again, and, now, one by one, everyone in Ramsay Street is rejecting her. But if you think Izzy has finally reached rock bottom, you couldn’t be more wrong. In a chilling development, Izzy’s nightmare is about to get far, far worse!

It seems Izzy’s one-time lover, rogue businessman Paul Robinson, wants Izzy dead. And as viewers will know all too well, Paul stops at nothing to achieve what he wants. What’s more, TV WEEK can reveal that Izzy is nowhere to be found by the weeks end! Has Paul murdered Izzy?

Natalie confirms that her character has never felt lower than when her lies are revealed to all of Erinsborough. “There’s no one she can turn to anymore,” Natalie says. “She knows she deserves it all, but she doesn’t know what to do, because there’s no one she can talk to. She wants to try and blame everyone for her mistakes, as she always does. “Izzy’s a girl who continually makes mistakes and, no matter how hard she tries, she never tells the truth.”

And as Natalie reveals, even Izzy’s staunchest supporters – her brother, Max, and long-time friend and colleague, Harold – have now washed their hands of her. “Max and Harold have had enough of Izzy,” she says. “For the first time, Max has seen what a lot of people have seen in Izzy for a while – that she’s lied to others. It hurts him because he’s her brother and someone whom she confides in. “He says to her, ‘Go and get your act together’. She asks him if she can stay with him, but he says no. “Harold also says he can’t condone what Izzy has done. Those who she thought she could always depend on have turned their backs on her.”

It’s at this point that Izzy decides to approach Paul, the man who knows all there is to know about her, and who has more than a few skeletons rattling around his own closet. But Paul, too, has little time for Izzy’s problems. “Paul shuns Izzy,” confirms Natalie. Before long, the exchange between Izzy and Paul becomes heated. Lou, who is currently Paul’s housemate, overhears their argument and gleans that they once had an affair. He also hears Izzy referring to Paul’s “other dark secrets”. Izzy is playing with the fact that she knows everything about Paul,” Natalie says. “Paul has a lot of shady secrets.” Adds Stefan: “Izzy knows Paul better than anyone and Paul knows Izzy better than anyone. Now Paul is angry.”

Later, Lou tells Susan and the Bishops what he heard, warning Paul that his other secrets will come out one day. Paul is seething – so much so, that he appears determined to silence Izzy once and for all. Soon after, Izzy disappears. No one is able to find her! As Stefan says: “It doesn’t look good for Paul, and therefore it doesn’t look good for Izzy”.

Dr. Tangliss
28-07-2005, 08:08
Wow, it sounds good to me! Izzy deserves what she is owed, however I think murder is one step too far.

Luna
28-07-2005, 08:10
Oh i hope so lol she really does my head in

Dr. Tangliss
28-07-2005, 08:11
Mine too, she is such a witch!

Luna
28-07-2005, 08:12
Im actually getting to the point im walking away from the tv when she comes on

Dr. Tangliss
28-07-2005, 08:13
Same here, I tend to go into the kitchen and wash a cup. I thought it was just me that does that. It's the same for Little Mo on EE too

Saye2213
28-07-2005, 10:58
Revenge is sweet. But what about the evidence that izzy has on paul? She left it with her solicitor, didn't she? Also, didn't she say that if anything happens to her, it should be revealed? I'm so looking forward to this!!!

Dr. Tangliss
28-07-2005, 10:59
Wow, I am going to enjoy it when it all comes out!

ohhbaby13
28-07-2005, 16:51
Natalie's contract doesnt expire for a while though so she can't be dead beacuse she is comming back in a few months. That's according to Digital Spy.

CrazyLea
28-07-2005, 17:20
wow sounds exciting.. something to look forward to

Katy
28-07-2005, 19:22
ooh exciting storyline for neighbours. I've gone off it in the past few weeks.

Dr. Tangliss
29-07-2005, 09:00
It has got somewhat stale.

Luna
29-07-2005, 09:02
I think bringing paul back was a really good move for them

Dr. Tangliss
29-07-2005, 09:04
Definitely, he is so evil.

Katy
29-07-2005, 09:05
Paul is great. Did you see him having flashbacks in last nights episode.

Katy
29-07-2005, 09:05
its great to have an evil character. the villains make the soap.

Dr. Tangliss
29-07-2005, 09:06
I missed yesterdays, what happened?

Luna
29-07-2005, 09:07
I missed it what happened?

He's good at playing evil people he was REALLY evil in River city but got killed off in the end :crying:

Dr. Tangliss
29-07-2005, 09:08
He is bad, but at the same time is like a little boy, very vunerable

scotty
29-07-2005, 12:58
Izzy's bloodstained car is found in the bush, everyone in RS is questioned by the police. Paul is prime suspect as Izzy knows a lot of his secrets (some of which come out) and he'd want her to disappear more than anyone else. She will be returning though and probably gets together with Paul. Although someone close to him (probably his daughter, Lucinda who will be arriving in RS) and living in the same house doesn't like it very much

CrazyLea
29-07-2005, 13:07
I missed yesterdays, what happened?~

nothing much happend.... but.. paul had second houghts about the wetlands thing. but the man said it was too late. stuart tried to make up with sindi but she kept refusing. Lil shouted at sindi, sindi got upset, lil felt guilty, she apologised. lil admitted to susan that she liked paul....alot. Stingray kept popping up which was quite annoying. he wanted to play his drums everywhere.. and thats it really...hope i helpd :D

shelleyspecs
01-08-2005, 18:27
good cant wait for that!

gbnut
01-08-2005, 20:14
Izzy's bloodstained car is found in the bush, everyone in RS is questioned by the police. Paul is prime suspect as Izzy knows a lot of his secrets (some of which come out) and he'd want her to disappear more than anyone else. She will be returning though and probably gets together with Paul. Although someone close to him (probably his daughter, Lucinda who will be arriving in RS) and living in the same house doesn't like it very much

yes i hered that she returns after the car has been found but enough time has lapsed to get people talking

rachael377
01-08-2005, 21:24
i haven't been watching neighbours for ages sort of went off it, as it was getting boring. I hate izzy she ruins peoples lives and doesn't care so now i think someone should ruin her life for a change.

Dr. Tangliss
02-08-2005, 08:45
Well, she is leaving anyway, rachael377, so that should please you and many others, lol!

kirsty_g
02-08-2005, 16:05
i hope she dont

Crazy Gal 88
03-08-2005, 11:07
i couldnt used to stand her but now i really enjoy watching her act - shes a really good actress and has some really good storlyines that she does really well!!!

kirsty_g
05-08-2005, 13:26
and me

Angeldelight
08-08-2005, 22:07
they find her bloodied car and ALL residents are questioned by police this week in Austriallia...

Charmed
09-08-2005, 10:10
Interesting!

samantha nixon
09-08-2005, 11:57
i hope izzy doesnt die as i liker her

Dr. Tangliss
09-08-2005, 12:38
I don't want her to die, but I am not a fan of hers.

scotty
09-08-2005, 14:48
Paul goes off to look for Izzy. They come back (on Izzy's terms, whatever that means ?) and move in to Lou's old house. Don't know how long Izzy will be around though as she still hasn't said for definate if she will leave when her contract is up.

Trinity
09-08-2005, 15:32
We need evil in Ramsay Street. It would just be boring without the lying and cheating that goes on!

Angeldelight
09-08-2005, 16:11
From www . neighbours . com

Tuesday 9th
Izzy’s bloodstained car is found in the bush.

Wednedsay 10th
Ramsay Street residents are questioned over Izzy’s disappearance.

Thursday 11th
Paul skips town when the heat becomes too much.

gbnut
09-08-2005, 19:33
then they both return!!! she is not dead

Jenbobber
11-08-2005, 12:07
its about time izzy gets what she deserves, has gotten away with way too much in the past, lying to Karl, trying to kill darcy and frame him for a robbery.

Does she not also owe max like loads of money, he loaned her money to buy her share in the coffee shop when she first came into it, and then when it burned down, he helped her out by being her partner in scarlet bar.

~*~Leanne~*~
11-08-2005, 13:05
i don't want izzy to die i like her

i_luv_dennis
14-08-2005, 15:52
and me

RealityGap
25-08-2005, 21:34
she is an evil cow - but does she deserve to die.............probably not

livergirl24
21-04-2006, 14:16
i heard izzy is gonna get killed ????

Rach33
21-04-2006, 19:41
where did you here that from have you got a source

livergirl24
21-04-2006, 19:42
a girl from australia i will try find out asap

livergirl24
21-04-2006, 20:34
ill try and get more but here is some
Her last day of filming will be on 2nd June. They said her exit would be shown in the UK towards the end of this year. The following article is from the 'Sydney Herald Sun'. Hope this helps! :)

Natalie Moves Out
9th April 2005

TIRELESS performer Natalie Bassingthwaighte can lay claim to being one of Australia's favourite Neighbours.

The multi-talented performer was celebrating this week, having been nominated for her first Gold Logie.

But in news that will surely come as a surprise to her legion of fans, Bassingthwaighte has decided to pack her bags and move out of Ramsay St.

After much consideration, Bassingthwaighte, who has played the suburb's resident vixen Izzy Hoyland to great acclaim for the past three years, has informed the show's producers she is ready for new challenges.

"Izzy has been a dream character to play," Bassingthwaighte said.

"But I have played Izzy for three years and I want to have other acting opportunities.

"I want to be able to go on to a different role and for people to be able to see me as that and not remember me just as Izzy.

"I am ready for new challenges and to be slapped around a bit and taken out of my comfort zone and get in there and do some auditions.

"Bassingthwaighte will film her last day on Neighbours on June 2 before heading to the UK to promote the first international single by band the Rogue Traders, of which she is the lead singer. She described the past 12 months as exhilarating, but exhausting.

"It has been the hardest year of my life in more ways than one, but so rewarding when it all comes down to the crunch," she said.

"To be nominated for gold, holy cow, it is really, really overwhelming. It is a team effort though. It is because of Neighbours and the work that everybody puts in that I am up there.

"Also by (the producers) allowing me to do other things – like the Rogue Traders, Grease and stuff like that – it has given people more of an understanding that Izzy is a character and they have seen me in another light."

Jessie Wallace
21-04-2006, 21:06
At the end of today Oz episode of Neighbours, it showd Cam/Rob trying to killer her!! He'll have to try again tho if Nat doesn't stop filming til June.

livergirl24
21-04-2006, 21:25
oh thats great thats what my mate meant then a plot of killing izzy
she only told me that then went lol

gbnut
28-04-2006, 14:16
i thought they are leaving the door open so that she can return if she wants too!!

dddMac1
28-04-2006, 16:04
Never really Liked Izzy anyway

livergirl24
28-04-2006, 19:26
same here lol shes so annoying and a bit*h

melmarshall858
29-04-2006, 07:53
I think they are leaving the door open for her too.

Em
29-04-2006, 19:52
slightly off topic, but last weekend they played her bands song on radio 1 on the vernon kay show and its fab! I think the song is voodoo something but its fab should be out nere in a few motnhs

melmarshall858
29-04-2006, 19:55
Her band is Rogue Traders i think and i have heard them too they are really good

CrazyLea
30-04-2006, 12:29
Who is cam/rob dawn?
And although I'm not her biggest fan, I don't really want her to die.

melmarshall858
30-04-2006, 13:42
Cam Rob refers to Pauls son who has returned it is the new plot Robert (one of his triplets) has returned but is pretending to be his identical brother Cameron and only the viewers know that Cam is really in a coma Robert is just there to get his revenge on his dad for deserting him.

CrazyLea
30-04-2006, 18:16
Oh wow that sounds pretty interesting. Why is Cam in a coma lol?

melmarshall858
30-04-2006, 19:27
We don't know that yet that is what we are waiting to discover we can just guess that it was Robert that put him there so that he could steal his identity.

tammyy2j
31-07-2014, 21:38
Former Neighbours star Natalie Bassingthwaighte has said that she wouldn't rule out a future return to the show.

The actress and singer, who is currently a judge on The X Factor Australia, played Ramsay Street schemer Izzy Hoyland between 2003 and 2006. She also made a guest appearance in 2007, when the show filmed in London.

Izzy still has a link to Erinsborough as she has a daughter, Holly, with established character Karl Kennedy (Alan Fletcher).

Speaking to Soap Extra about the possibility of a Neighbours return, Bassingthwaighte admitted: "At the time, I was like, 'No, I wouldn't, because I feel like one door is closed and another door's opened'.

"But I loved that time in my life and I still hang out with some of the people I knew from the show. It was a fantastic time, and you never know."

Holly, now played by Lucinda Armstrong Hall, has appeared on Neighbours for two stints in the past year.

tammyy2j
31-07-2014, 21:38

Perdita
28-10-2017, 20:03
Get ready to shake your fist at the TV all over again, as one of Neighbours' most hated characters is set to make a return.

That's right, Natalie Bassingthwaighte is reprising her role as money-hungry homewrecker Izzy Hoyland for a guest spot.

Bassingthwaighte spoke to The Herald Sun, who broke the news of her return.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/18/768x526/gallery-1493635737-soaps-neighbours-paul-robinson-izzy-hoyland-1.jpg
Natalie Bassingthwaighte
© FREMANTLE MEDIA

"They [Neighbours] have been asking me since I left, I think, to come back on to the show," she told the publication.

"It is not like I never wanted to come back, but I wanted to spread my wings and have some adventures and take on some different roles.

"I have loved the character, I always have. I feel very fortunate to play such a juicy role like that.

"For me, it was my big start and I am very grateful for that."

She also said that you can expect Izzy to be up to her old, nefarious ways, stating: "Back in the day, people would come up to me and say, 'I hate Izzy so much, I want to throw something at the TV when she is on'.

"People got really passionate about Izzy and how intense and determined she was to get whatever she wanted whenever she wanted."

The actress previously explained that she didn't return for the soap's 30th anniversary because she felt "the timing wasn't right", but she did do the documentary.

Digital Spy

kaz21
28-10-2017, 20:54
I can’t wait for her return.

Pantherboy
28-10-2017, 22:07
The Sunday Telegraph's article on Izzy's guest return (I like Jackie Woodburne's comment at the end of the article!):

Natalie Bassingthwaighte moves back into Neighbours: ‘I always get asked when I’m returning’

MORE than a decade after quitting TV soap Neighbours, Natalie Bassingthwaighte is returning to Ramsay Street to play Izzy Holland.

Bassingthwaighte, 42, started back on the Melbourne set last Monday.

“They’ve actually been asking me for quite a while to go back but it just didn’t feel like the right time in the past,” the mother of two told Confidential.

“Being on the show originally, I feel like I really learnt my craft on the job. I love the cast and the crew I worked with back then are still my friends to this day so I felt it was the right time.”

She added: “I can’t tell you how many times I get asked on the street when I am going back to Neighbours.”

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/cd76e8532b5ed918a4897f57ec50af89?width=650

Bassingthwaighte originally played Izzy on the show from 2003-06, returning briefly in 2007.

She focused on her music career for several years after that but has over the past couple of years had a renewed drive with acting, as well as running a successful kids clothing business.

This year Bassingthwaighte placed top three on I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! and most recently appeared alongside Jessica Marais and Rob Collins in hit TV drama, The Wrong Girl.

The Neighbours return is a guest role, although it will see her character on air for a number of months next year.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/fa84c53ee4dfc8f0e357567c96833333?width=366

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/0e94f4a9376c04b18a604729aaf411e3?width=366

“They wanted a bit longer and I gave them what I could,” she said. “In the last few years I feel like I’ve really fallen in love with acting and playing characters so I’m dipping my toe back in as Izzy because she is a really fun character and very different to the ones I’ve played in the last couple of years.

“The Wrong girl reinforced to me that this is what I am supposed to be doing. Getting to play two roles in one year, when in this country jobs are few and far between, has made me realise how much I love it.”

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/168f3406674b3b239e748690579c232b?width=650

As for Izzy’s storyline, Bassingthwaighte was tight lipped.

“Izzy always likes to make an entrance and this was no exception,” she laughed. “It is full on and I think if you loved to hate Izzy before, you will love to hate her even more.”

Jackie Woodburne, who plays Susan Kennedy on the soap, said: “Having Izzy back on the scene is tremendous because she is the one person Susan can just hate and behave appallingly to, which is so not her usual persona. For me, having Nat on set is such a huge boost of energy and enormous fun. I absolutely love having her around.”

lizann
06-11-2017, 22:19
she was a good match for paul

tammyy2j
07-11-2017, 12:31
Is her daughter with Karl also returning?

I don't want to see her with Karl again, I didn't buy their affair first time around

tammyy2j
15-02-2018, 15:15
Is millionaire Izzy after Karl again?

kaz21
15-02-2018, 16:34
As a baby daddy again. She wants another child and Karl to be the father.

tammyy2j
15-02-2018, 22:01
As a baby daddy again. She wants another child and Karl to be the father.

Not Paul, I thought Paul was the main daddy man :p

Aussieguy
16-02-2018, 02:48
Probably wants a full sister/brother for Holly.

Izzy is awesome ,loving her scenes with Susan

Pantherboy
20-02-2018, 21:36
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours' Izzy Hoyland steals Karl Kennedy's sperm in her most shocking move ever.

She'll stop at nothing to have his baby!

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a850445/neighbours-spoilers-izzy-karl-sperm/

Neighbours schemer Izzy Hoyland makes her most outrageous move yet next month as she steals a sample of Karl Kennedy's sperm.

A shock new storyline on the Aussie soap is about to see Izzy ask Karl to have another baby with her – a request that causes huge problems for the doctor's marriage to Susan.

This brand new spoiler image now shows the bonkers moment that Izzy decides to take matters into her own hands.

When Karl (Alan Fletcher) turns Izzy down as he doesn't want to ruin things with Susan yet again, Izzy helps herself to a sperm sample that he already has stored away at the hospital.

Izzy plans to impregnate herself with or without Karl's permission, wanting their daughter Holly to have a biological sibling, but will she really succeed with her plan?

Natalie Bassingthwaighte, who plays Izzy, commented: "In the past, a lot of jaws dropped with what Izzy did. This time it pushes the boundaries even further. If you thought Izzy was a bit crazy before..."

Karl's refusal to help Izzy comes despite the fact that she's planning to withdraw her huge cash donation to the hospital unless he co-operates, threatening his dreams of having a wing of the building named after him.

Jackie Woodburne – aka Susan – added: "Everyone has their own agenda. Izzy wants a child, Karl wants a legacy, Susan is driven to keep her family together. Everyone has a clear motivation for what they're doing. No-one wins."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Pantherboy
12-03-2018, 00:38
Digital Spy article:

Neighbours reveals one last Izzy Hoyland twist as she leaves Erinsborough again.

She decides to leave Holly behind.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a852013/neighbours-spoilers-izzy-hoyland-exit-twist/

Neighbours airs Izzy Hoyland's exit scenes next week as she springs one last surprise on Karl and Susan Kennedy before leaving Erinsborough.

Izzy (Natalie Bassingthwaighte) will leave the Kennedys on tenterhooks this fortnight, as she's forced to come clean about how she's stolen Karl's sperm from the hospital and used it to try to get pregnant.

Much to the relief of both Karl and Susan, scheming Izzy later takes a pregnancy test and is forced to admit that it's negative.

However, with her masterplan thwarted, Izzy makes another shocking confession to Karl (Alan Fletcher) – explaining that she never really wanted the baby and was only ever trying to get close to him.

Izzy admits that the last time she can remember being happy was when they were together, so she even tries to reignite old passion by making a pass at Karl.

Fortunately, Karl stays loyal to Susan this time and immediately reports back to his wife about Izzy's latest bad behaviour.

As Susan starts to wonder how she can get rid of her arch-nemesis, Toadie Rebecchi suggests using some reverse psychology against Izzy.

Taking Toadie's advice on board, Susan kindly invites Izzy to move to Erinsborough permanently, live around the corner and become part of the local community again.

Just as Susan and Toadie had hoped for, Izzy soon realises that such a "dull" existence is not for her – and it's not long before she's making plans to leave again.

What's more, Izzy even decides to leave her daughter Holly behind in Erinsborough – arguing that Karl and Susan will be better parents to her than she ever will be.

As Izzy bows out once again, Karl and Susan are forced to pick up the pieces. How will Holly cope with being so cruelly abandoned by her mum?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, March 19 and Tuesday, March 20 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

tammyy2j
13-03-2018, 15:22
I thought she was back full time

kaz21
13-03-2018, 15:37
Only a guest stint.

Perdita
13-03-2018, 15:59
Only a guest stint.

Do not like the character, hope she is not pregnant again ... not that her stealing the specimen and self impregnating is realistic ..

Rowdydog12
14-03-2018, 19:34
Rubbish acting !!!

lizann
14-03-2018, 22:31
Rubbish acting !!!

from who, all of them :p

Rowdydog12
15-03-2018, 21:49
from who, all of them :p

Yeah that whole steal the sperm sample and party was ugly ugly acting

Aussieguy
23-03-2018, 05:40
Bye bye Izzy

I know we're meant to hate her but I don't ,mostly feel sorry for her. She's a complex and interesting character. Sad how she left without telling Holly. Poor kid

TaintedLove
23-03-2018, 19:15
It was way too early to take a pregnancy test. It`s no surprise it was negative - this time.
I hope Izzy doesn`t come back in a year or so with Karls baby.
:thumbsdow

Pantherboy
04-07-2022, 03:31
DS article:

Neighbours announces shock new boyfriend for Izzy Hoyland
Karl and Susan are in for a nasty surprise.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a40492174/neighbours-spoilers-izzy-hoyland-new-boyfriend/

Neighbours bosses have revealed the first details of Izzy Hoyland's return storyline.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte is reprising her role as Izzy for the first time since 2018 as we head into the final weeks of the long-running soap.

In upcoming scenes, Izzy is revealed to be in a new relationship with Karl and Susan Kennedy's son Malcolm.

The Kennedys are shocked when Malcolm shows up unannounced from the UK, breaking the news that he has split from his wife Catherine.

Karl and Susan are sad to hear that Malcolm's marriage is over, but when he returns to his hotel room and greets Izzy, it's clear that he hasn't told his parents the full story.

Mal assures Izzy that he will tell Karl and Susan the truth eventually, but he wants them to process one bombshell at a time.

Mal suggests that Izzy should remain hidden at the hotel until he has found the right moment.

Later, as Mal once again struggles to reveal the truth, Izzy turns up on the Kennedys' doorstep.

Izzy assumes that Mal has already broken the news, so she alludes to their secret connection.

A sheepish Mal is then left to fill in the blanks, admitting that he and Izzy have fallen for each other.

How will Susan feel about Mal dating one of her biggest enemies?

Izzy was a Neighbours regular between 2003 and 2006 and is best remembered for her role in Karl and Susan's marriage breakdown.

She returned for guest appearances in 2007 and 2018.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, July 15 at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Thursday, July 21 at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Danners9
04-07-2022, 04:13
'Ooh, just like yer dad...'

'Congrats, Malc. Must run in the family eh!'

Lovely...

Pantherboy
11-07-2022, 08:26
DS article:

Neighbours' Izzy Hoyland to drop a new bombshell on Karl Kennedy
Her big plans alarm Karl and Susan.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a40566300/neighbours-spoilers-izzy-hoyland-new-bombshell/

Neighbours spoilers follow.

Neighbours has revealed more details of Izzy Hoyland's big return storyline.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte has reprised her role as Izzy for the soap's final episodes, which are airing this month.

As we recently revealed, Izzy arrives back in Erinsborough with Karl and Susan Kennedy's son Malcolm.

Malcolm has split from his wife Catherine and is now in a relationship with Izzy, much to the horror of Karl and Susan.

New spoilers for next week's episodes have now confirmed where the story is heading in the aftermath.

Susan remains convinced that Izzy must have a hidden agenda for getting involved with Mal.

Susan, Karl and Toadie Rebecchi all keep a close eye on Izzy to find out more, but they struggle to find any evidence that she's up to something.

Later, Izzy reveals to Karl that she wants to make a dream of Mal's come true ? moving back to Erinsborough.

Mal is keen to return home following his years living away in London, and Izzy is eager to join him now that they're together.

Izzy asks for Karl's blessing, but also knows that the biggest challenge will be convincing her arch-nemesis Susan.

Susan is furious when she finds out what's going on, especially when it becomes clear that Izzy is using a possible move for Karl's daughter Holly as a bargaining chip.

Susan is left unsure over what to do ? seeing it as an impossible situation which is only lose-lose for her. How will the Kennedys respond to Izzy's demands?

Izzy was a Neighbours regular between 2003 and 2006, and is best remembered for her role in Karl and Susan's marriage breakdown.

She returned for guest appearances in 2007 and 2018.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 and streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach and streams on 10 Play.

Pantherboy
18-07-2022, 08:31
DS article:

Neighbours confirms big new Izzy Hoyland shock in show's final week
She's up to her old tricks.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a40633360/neighbours-spoilers-izzy-hoyland-shock-final-week/

Neighbours spoilers follow.

Neighbours has confirmed a new betrayal from Izzy Hoyland.

The schemer will be among the characters taking centre stage in the long-running soap's final ever episodes next week.

Viewers have recently seen Izzy return to Erinsborough and drop the bombshell that she's now in a relationship with Malcolm Kennedy.

Susan and Karl Kennedy have struggled to accept the news that their son is now settling down with the woman who once caused so many problems for them.

In next week's episodes, Susan decides that she won't be pushed around by Izzy, who's asking for the Kennedys' approval to move back to Erinsborough with Mal.

Susan puts a plan of her own in motion, hoping to get one step ahead of her enemy.

Before long, Izzy has a run-in with another former Ramsay Street resident. When she then gets wind of Susan's plan, she refuses to take it lying down.

Susan ultimately loses patience and insists that Mal needs to make a choice between his family or Izzy. She's devastated when he chooses Izzy.

Later in the week, though, Izzy has another chance encounter with the newly-returned Shane Ramsay.

Izzy is bowled over by Shane's wealth and she can't resist crossing a line with him.

One final showdown looms for the Kennedys and Izzy when Karl and Susan discover that she has already been up to no good behind Mal's back.

As Karl and Susan prepare themselves for the inevitable confrontation, Izzy's next move surprises everyone.

Will Izzy be leaving Erinsborough in disgrace?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, July 25, Tuesday, July 26, Thursday, July 28 and Friday, July 29 at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5.